WJ in Vegas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12
  • Region:Mountain
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

I think the adhesive on the wrap may have just added a bit of moisture to the stripes. I hope that in a day. that will go away and stripes will look fine. Keep us posted.
2013 Shelby GT500. Performance White Sonic Blue Stripes. Airaid SynthaMax filter. JLT dual oil separators. FRPP resonator delete. Redline hood struts. Michelin PSS, 275/40/19, 285/35/20. Smoked markers. Shelby shifter. Jaeger brothers stone guards. GT350 style rear window covers. Lloyd's mats.

#32 OFFLINE   FormerGmc

FormerGmc

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • Joined 13-July 06
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

I think you are correct. The lines are still lighter this morning. I still have the wrap on the hood pulled back from the stripes and when looking from the side in the right light I can literally match the lines from the wrap to those in the hood.

Upon real close inspection I can see the lines are transferred from the wrap to the stripes. I wish I had taken a picture before I started working this as this lines were very white and distinct. By the time I took the pictures last night the definition was about 20% of what I had when I pulled the wrap back.

I'm going to pull the car out into the sun and see if they "dry" out.

Two thoughts:

1) The 40th stripes absorb moisture
2) Ignore the wrap box instruction "for best results apply wet" if you have 40th Anniverary Satin Silver Stripes.
Proud member of Team 40th - 07XL0033

Performance White w/Satin Silver Stripes
Premium Trim Package
Shaker 1000
Sirius Satellite Radio

40th Anniversary CSM07XL0033 completed 1/31/08
TVS with VMP D port elbow, VMP 67MM T/B
VMP 2.65 Pulley, VMP OE look I/C Resevoir
636 rwhp, 609 torque on mild 91 tune
KR Strut Brace, Bangastang Radiator Cover
Watts Link, Shelby/Dynotech Alum D'shaft
Shelby Extreme Brakes, TrueTrak with 373's
Shelby/Revan Radiator and H/E
Chicane Master cyclinder brace and tow hook
Whiteline sub frame connector

#33 OFFLINE   Roush GR40

Roush GR40

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 20-February 08
  • Region:South Atlantic

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hopefully all is well now. I think your suggestion is a great one...only apply the product dry.

Also, as with any wrap type adhesive, it should not be left on for an extended period of time. I used this product extensively for open track days and then removed (3 - 4 days max). On my black GT500, silver Saleen and blue Mach 1 I have never had a problem like you experienced. Although I have traditionally applied the product dry, it has been rained on and no issues with paint or stripes.

#34 OFFLINE   FormerGmc

FormerGmc

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • Joined 13-July 06
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

It dryed out completely parked in the sun yesterday. I really freaked when I first saw the white lines and after an hour of trying to get rid of them I was convinced my stripes were trash.

I'm amazed the stripes are so porous.

Anyway, all is well. I agree that when it comes to the stripes a dry application is a must.
Proud member of Team 40th - 07XL0033

Performance White w/Satin Silver Stripes
Premium Trim Package
Shaker 1000
Sirius Satellite Radio

40th Anniversary CSM07XL0033 completed 1/31/08
TVS with VMP D port elbow, VMP 67MM T/B
VMP 2.65 Pulley, VMP OE look I/C Resevoir
636 rwhp, 609 torque on mild 91 tune
KR Strut Brace, Bangastang Radiator Cover
Watts Link, Shelby/Dynotech Alum D'shaft
Shelby Extreme Brakes, TrueTrak with 373's
Shelby/Revan Radiator and H/E
Chicane Master cyclinder brace and tow hook
Whiteline sub frame connector

#35 OFFLINE   WJinLV

WJinLV

WJ in Vegas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12
  • Region:Mountain
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

It dryed out completely parked in the sun yesterday. I really freaked when I first saw the white lines and after an hour of trying to get rid of them I was convinced my stripes were trash.

I'm amazed the stripes are so porous.

Anyway, all is well. I agree that when it comes to the stripes a dry application is a must.

:banvictory:
2013 Shelby GT500. Performance White Sonic Blue Stripes. Airaid SynthaMax filter. JLT dual oil separators. FRPP resonator delete. Redline hood struts. Michelin PSS, 275/40/19, 285/35/20. Smoked markers. Shelby shifter. Jaeger brothers stone guards. GT350 style rear window covers. Lloyd's mats.

#36 OFFLINE   TurboGT

TurboGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Joined 28-February 08

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

Roush,
Do you still have one more roll? If so I'll take it. If you're a member at AMP I may be local to you and might be able to pick up & pay in person or at AMP. I will be at the Mitty at Road Atlanta this weekend too - if you plan to attend I could meet there.
LMK - Tim.

2008 Shelby GT500 (gone but not forgotten) Torch Red w/ebony stripes.IUP - black with crimsonNAVI, HID, ambient lighting2.6" pulley, JLT, Corsa exhaust, AFCO heat exchangerVMP tunesBMR adjustable UCADBA5000/4000, Goodridge, Hawk brakesSPP brake cooling ductsHomelink/compass mirrorFull Shelby/CorteX Track Pack coilover suspensionShelby/CorteX Watts linkMichelin Pilot Super Sports 285/35ZR18<p>KR rear axle reservoir

#37 OFFLINE   Roush GR40

Roush GR40

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 20-February 08

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Sorry...I only have one roll left and plan to use it myself an open track events.

#38 OFFLINE   TurboGT

TurboGT

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Joined 28-February 08

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

Sorry...I only have one roll left and plan to use it myself an open track events.

No problem. Where do you get the stuff?

2008 Shelby GT500 (gone but not forgotten) Torch Red w/ebony stripes.IUP - black with crimsonNAVI, HID, ambient lighting2.6" pulley, JLT, Corsa exhaust, AFCO heat exchangerVMP tunesBMR adjustable UCADBA5000/4000, Goodridge, Hawk brakesSPP brake cooling ductsHomelink/compass mirrorFull Shelby/CorteX Track Pack coilover suspensionShelby/CorteX Watts linkMichelin Pilot Super Sports 285/35ZR18<p>KR rear axle reservoir

#39 OFFLINE   Roush GR40

Roush GR40

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 20-February 08

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

Had it manufactured by 3M...will try to order more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users