#61 OFFLINE   BIKEBOY

BIKEBOY

Team Shelby Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,031 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Cars, cars, cars...is there anything else?!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

I have had 8 Mustangs now....still own 2.

Think about it fellas, before the arrival of the S197, we knew nothing else??? Oh sure, when it was announced for release in '05 we all got excited and many of us ran out and scarfed one (or two :) up). However, as Viper NC so eloquently stated, things change and for good reason. Let's face it, I also prefer the '05-'09 body style best. Would ya want Ford to keep on building that car or something really close to it forever? What would that ultimately do to the value of our beloved cars that we all own now?

One last thought on 'change'. Remember when the '64 car came out and went thru the MY '66 and people squaked that the '67 car was gonna be fat and heavy and loaded up with uneccessary options. Then spin forward to the '69-'70 MY, then even the change to the BIG body '71-'73 cars....look at what a mint '71-'73 Mach1 or BOSS car of the same year brings in $$$ today!?

I can promise you this, the new Mustang love it or hate it, will eventually have a following... They all do. It's the history and the nameplate. The LEGEND will live on! :rockon:

14485396079_299e629784_n.jpg

#62 OFFLINE   Helix

Helix

Lincoln Cobra

• Great Lakes Region
  • 830 posts
  • Joined 27-July 11
  • Region:Great Lakes

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

I can promise you this, the new Mustang love it or hate it, will eventually have a following... They all do. It's the history and the nameplate. The LEGEND will live on! :rockon:

And as it has been said: the rest was history. :read:

347tjwk.jpgzuscip.jpg

2003 Mustang
1987 Lincoln Mark VII LSC

#63 OFFLINE   ViperNC

ViperNC

Some say he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Track days, Mountain bike riding/racing, motorcycle riding, cars, warbirds & chasing my kids, road course racing
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Personally, I think this would be a nice next generation body style... Maybe a carbon fiber accent instead of brushed aluminum trim around the front grill along with a carbon splitter. And of course a spoiler on the back to ensure rear downforce on the car is appropriate.
Posted Image

1c%20(Large).jpg 

2009 Shelby GT500 - Notable Upgrades:

• True Forged Chicane Wheels w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires: 275/30/20 Front and 285/30/20 Rear
  • Shelby/Wilwood Front and Rear Racing Brakes
  • Shelby GT500 Brake Duct Bezels/Front Brake Duct Kit
  • Ford Racing Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers
  • Shelby Oil Separator
  • Shelby GT500 Engine Coil Covers
  • Metco 2.6 pulley/idler w/JLT Cold Air Kit and SCT Tune
  • Shelby Billet Aluminum Racing Oil Pan
  • Shelby Extreme Duty Heat Exchanger
  • PST Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft
  • Ford Racing Low Profile Differential Cover w/ over flow tank
  • Flowmaster Exhaust
  • Shelby Racing Front and Rear Sway Bars
  • Shelby Bumpsteer Tie Rod Adjuster
  • Shelby Sway Bar End Links
  • Shelby A Arms
  • Shelby K-Member, Radiator Support, Chassis Support, A Arm Support Brace 
  • Shelby Billet Aluminum Watts Link
  • Metco Billet Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms
  • Ford Racing Springs
  • Shelby Six Speed Shifter Lever w/ Shelby GT500 Shift Knob
  • Shelby GT500 Engine Billet Aluminum Cap Set
  • Shelby Billet Aluminum Racing Pedal and Dead Pedal Covers
  • Carbon fiber upgrades: Front Splitter, Rocker Panels, Rear Mud Guards, Rear Diffuser, Side View Mirror Inserts, Hood Vents, Door Sills, Speaker Rings, Center Console, Mirror Switch Covers, Door Lock Bezels 

#64 ONLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,200 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06
  • Interests:Yes.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

I have had 8 Mustangs now....still own 2.

Think about it fellas, before the arrival of the S197, we knew nothing else??? Oh sure, when it was announced for release in '05 we all got excited and many of us ran out and scarfed one (or two :) up). However, as Viper NC so eloquently stated, things change and for good reason. Let's face it, I also prefer the '05-'09 body style best. Would ya want Ford to keep on building that car or something really close to it forever? What would that ultimately do to the value of our beloved cars that we all own now?

One last thought on 'change'. Remember when the '64 car came out and went thru the MY '66 and people squaked that the '67 car was gonna be fat and heavy and loaded up with uneccessary options. Then spin forward to the '69-'70 MY, then even the change to the BIG body '71-'73 cars....look at what a mint '71-'73 Mach1 or BOSS car of the same year brings in $$$ today!?

Ya mean like the VW Bug? Or Miata? :lurk:

Like driving with the hammer cocked! 2013 GT - Stock! (mostly) off-road pipe -- Flowmasters --Bama Cam tuned - Eibachs -- Nitto NTO5's -- BBK - CAI -- MMD 1/4 Window covers -- 2006 Tacoma Pickup - 119 rwhp! -- Previous Mustangs - 2007 Mustang GT - 474 RWHP - SAE Corrected - : 1985 Black Hatch GT - 1989 Red LX 5.0 Vert - 1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan - 2001 White V6 - 2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1. -

med_gallery_4913_134_10106.jpg

#65 OFFLINE   Helix

Helix

Lincoln Cobra

• Great Lakes Region
  • 830 posts
  • Joined 27-July 11

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Even the bug got a rework. The miata just died.

347tjwk.jpgzuscip.jpg

2003 Mustang

#66 OFFLINE   YZD263

YZD263

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Club Member
  • 1,906 posts
  • Joined 25-February 07
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Cars, Pro Football, F1 Racing

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

Even the bug got a rework. The miata just died.

The Miata did not die. It was simply renamed MX-5, which was the code name for this model when it began. The VW beetle is a good exemple of a car that got reworked but still stayed close to its roots, which shows it can be done. Other vehicles that evolved from one generation to the next without ever doing a 180 stylistically would include the Porsche 911 and Jeep Wrangler. Haven't heard any one saying that these two needed to look more "modern" to appeal to a younger crowd.
2009 Shelby GT500 KR
Vista Blue, Silver Stripes

Purchased 10-21-11

CSM 09KR0628

#67 OFFLINE   BIKEBOY

BIKEBOY

Team Shelby Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,031 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

Change= job security for designers and engineers. B)

#68 OFFLINE   BIKEBOY

BIKEBOY

Team Shelby Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,031 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

...............................................and what are they worth today?

:lurk:

Precisely!

#69 OFFLINE   markham51

markham51

markham51

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 1,162 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
  • Interests:Cars, boats, golf, fishing!
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Personally, I think this would be a nice next generation body style... Maybe a carbon fiber accent instead of brushed aluminum trim around the front grill along with a carbon splitter. And of course a spoiler on the back to ensure rear downforce on the car is appropriate.
Posted Image

I like...
A politician divides mankind into two classes: tools and enemies.

68 Shelby Mustang GT500KR Convert Acapulco Blue
04 MKIII SP Cobra w Rousch 427R Black
05 Corvette Convert Daytona Sunset Orange
07 Explorer Sport Trac Limited Red
07 Shelby GT500 Convert Torch Red
07 Shelby GT500SS Coupe Tungsten Grey

10 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost AWD
13 SVT Raptor 6.2L White w graphics

15 GT350 Shelby Mustang "number 1 on my dealer list"

#70 OFFLINE   svttim

svttim

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 8,382 posts
  • Joined 13-April 06
  • Interests:Going Fast!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

I like...

Would like to see a bit less angle to the grill
2008 GT500KR
NASA Super Touring #16
Firefighter/ Critical Care Paramedic

USAF Retired
Minuteman ICBM's

#71 OFFLINE   Helix

Helix

Lincoln Cobra

• Great Lakes Region
  • 830 posts
  • Joined 27-July 11

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

I like...

Not only could I see this as a likely accurate 2015 image (though we won't know for sure), I think this looks pretty good. In fact, I personally think that if the back end had my style of rear end lights that seem to wrap around and each column is angled, but with the modern day light set up, that this one would be good to go.

347tjwk.jpgzuscip.jpg

2003 Mustang

#72 OFFLINE   Jon Mopar

Jon Mopar

never tease a Shelby Dodge at a red light

• Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 27-January 11
  • Interests:Cars, cars and cars
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

if they never changed it from how it is now...I would never complain lol

"the fwd ones are the ones you really should be afraid of"

The only thing faster than my rear wheel drive Shelby...is my front wheel drive Shelby

#73 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• South Atlantic Region
  • 11,757 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:CARS. I have owned well over 200 Cars since 1979 with most being Mustangs. I recently sold the 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 "SMI Sportster" Prototype as well as the "CS-89 TRIBUTE" HAULER Prototype based on my 2010 Ford Ranger. From January 1, 1999 to December 31, 2004 I was contracted with Carroll Shelby to produce the limited "TRIBUTE EDITION SHELBY" Mustangs using 1994 to 2005 Mustangs. www.davidThawkins.com

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

if they never changed it from how it is now...I would never complain lol

LOL.......I know plenty of People who said that when the Fox Body came out.....then at around the 8th Year they were saying "DAMN, WHEN IS FORD GOING TO REDESIGN THE DAMN MUSTANG ALREADY?"

Never say never............it WILL come back to bite you in the A$$...................... :hysterical2:

Edited by tesgt350, 31 May 2013 - 06:44 AM.

#74 OFFLINE   Jon Mopar

Jon Mopar

never tease a Shelby Dodge at a red light

• Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 27-January 11
  • Interests:Cars, cars and cars
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

^ haha, true....but I think Mustang fans only said that about the fox body because they were so relieved to have something....anything....better than the Mustang II. It's kinda like eating pizza out of a dumpster, then eating dominoes. You'll be convinced it's the best at first lol.

I think they got this current generation just about perfect. Just like how the 67-68 was just about perfect. After all, if I wanted something soft around the edges that looked/felt like an Infiniti/Nissan, I'd buy a Nissan, right?

Dodge is pretty insistent that the Challenger will very much remain a Challenger (hopefully that holds true). Because that car isn't about rivaling European offerings, it's about honoring. People loved the original Challenger for what it was, and that's why they love them today. It's what made such cars iconic...after all, few look back at the older imports with the same reverence, even they were great cars in their own right.

Edited by Jon Mopar, 31 May 2013 - 09:10 AM.

"the fwd ones are the ones you really should be afraid of"

The only thing faster than my rear wheel drive Shelby...is my front wheel drive Shelby

#75 OFFLINE   Cobra78

Cobra78

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 25-July 10
  • Interests:Harleys, Shelbys & Mustangs.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

So We have another Mustang II basher.Well Jon Mopar let me tell you something I bet ya that I have owned more Mustangs then you sir!!!And I get more complements BY FAR on my 78Cobra that has 37k miles then I have on any other Mustang that I have owned and that's quite a few!!! It draws a crowd were ever I take it out. BY the way Jon right now I have a 2014 GT 500 on order Ruby Red with Black stripes I have a Black 2007SGT with crome Shelby Razors plus some other tasteful mods done on it and I have in the past owned Mach 1s and 2 67fastback GT with the 390 motors in it.So tell me Jon what do you own thats so much better then my 78 Cobra II ??? A slab sided, barn door Fox body Shelby Mopar??? Don't bash the IIs I would own a II any day before a Fox body but you don't see me bashing them.Heck there wasn't a Mustang out there that I would buy until 2005 because I just didn't care for them IN ANY WAY but I don't go bashing every Mustang fromm 79 till 2005. Just my .02

#76 ONLINE   RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

RUFDRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,200 posts
  • Joined 04-May 06
  • Interests:Yes.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

:grouphug:

Like driving with the hammer cocked! 2013 GT - Stock! (mostly) off-road pipe -- Flowmasters --Bama Cam tuned - Eibachs -- Nitto NTO5's -- BBK - CAI -- MMD 1/4 Window covers -- 2006 Tacoma Pickup - 119 rwhp! -- Previous Mustangs - 2007 Mustang GT - 474 RWHP - SAE Corrected - : 1985 Black Hatch GT - 1989 Red LX 5.0 Vert - 1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan - 2001 White V6 - 2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1. -

med_gallery_4913_134_10106.jpg

#77 OFFLINE   svtkeith

svtkeith

svtkeith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,849 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

LOL.......I know plenty of People who said that when the Fox Body came out.....then at around the 8th Year they were saying "DAMN, WHEN IS FORD GOING TO REDESIGN THE DAMN MUSTANG ALREADY?"

Never say never............it WILL come back to bite you in the A$$...................... :hysterical2:

Yep could not wait till the fox bodied Mustang faded awayyy!!! but in saying that they sold and were strong performers in their day and i'm sure the new Mustang will sell also.
2010 Red ZR1 Corvette

1966 AC Cobra Replica

#78 OFFLINE   svtkeith

svtkeith

svtkeith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,849 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

So We have another Mustang II basher.Well Jon Mopar let me tell you something I bet ya that I have owned more Mustangs then you sir!!!And I get more complements BY FAR on my 78Cobra that has 37k miles then I have on any other Mustang that I have owned and that's quite a few!!! It draws a crowd were ever I take it out. BY the way Jon right now I have a 2014 GT 500 on order Ruby Red with Black stripes I have a Black 2007SGT with crome Shelby Razors plus some other tasteful mods done on it and I have in the past owned Mach 1s and 2 67fastback GT with the 390 motors in it.So tell me Jon what do you own thats so much better then my 78 Cobra II ??? A slab sided, barn door Fox body Shelby Mopar??? Don't bash the IIs I would own a II any day before a Fox body but you don't see me bashing them.Heck there wasn't a Mustang out there that I would buy until 2005 because I just didn't care for them IN ANY WAY but I don't go bashing every Mustang fromm 79 till 2005. Just my .02

Down boy!! down!!..I also had a Cobra II mine was a 77 just the stripes were diff than your 78 and still like the looks of both more than the fox body but all it is his opinion just as me not liking the looks of the fox body..all good people here on TS just chill a bit and enjoy!!... :salute:
2010 Red ZR1 Corvette

1966 AC Cobra Replica

#79 OFFLINE   Cobra78

Cobra78

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 25-July 10

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Sorry but I stayed quiet for to long and it's these kind of people,and theres more then just one on this forum, who know nothing about the II never owned one or drove one but yet know so much about them and are really quick on the trigger to do any bashing they can about these cars.It reminds me of some of the people that I use to go cycle riding with in my H.O.G chapter were's if you didn't have a Harley you were not a true biker,I choose not to ride with that group of H.O.G members and it's just a few that are like that.But there is a reason that I didn't buy a Mustang from 79 till 2007 and there is a reason that I'm buying a 2014 GT 500 and that's the looks of the car and performance. Nuff said. P.S did I tell you about the 2 Colt Mustangs I also own !!! MAN THERE SWEET. I always said "you can't go wrong buyiny a pony"

#80 OFFLINE   svtkeith

svtkeith

svtkeith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,849 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Sorry but I stayed quiet for to long and it's these kind of people,and theres more then just one on this forum, who know nothing about the II never owned one or drove one but yet know so much about them and are really quick on the trigger to do any bashing they can about these cars.It reminds me of some of the people that I use to go cycle riding with in my H.O.G chapter were's if you didn't have a Harley you were not a true biker,I choose not to ride with that group of H.O.G members and it's just a few that are like that.But there is a reason that I didn't buy a Mustang from 79 till 2007 and there is a reason that I'm buying a 2014 GT 500 and that's the looks of the car and performance. Nuff said. P.S did I tell you about the 2 Colt Mustangs I also own !!! MAN THERE SWEET. I always said "you can't go wrong buyiny a pony"

I hear ya bud!! I don't like bashing any car of any brand just prefer some over the others...no you didn't tell me about the Colt Mustang can't even say I even heard of it... :shrug:..if you have pics please post some would love to see them.
2010 Red ZR1 Corvette

1966 AC Cobra Replica

#81 OFFLINE   Cobra78

Cobra78

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 25-July 10

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

A Colt Mustang is a compact .380 pistol and looks very much like a 1911 .45.I bet ya I had to wait longer to get my Colt Mustangs,which turned out to be 1yr then I will for the 2014 GT 500.

#82 OFFLINE   svtkeith

svtkeith

svtkeith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,849 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

A Colt Mustang is a compact .380 pistol and looks very much like a 1911 .45.I bet ya I had to wait longer to get my Colt Mustangs,which turned out to be 1yr then I will for the 2014 GT 500.

Oh guns!!..lol I thought you were talking about cars!..I knew I never heard of a Mustang colt CAR..yeah that's a long wait for guns they must be rare post pics of them I like guns also.
2010 Red ZR1 Corvette

1966 AC Cobra Replica

#83 OFFLINE   dh777

dh777

08SGT0994

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,321 posts
  • Joined 01-August 07
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

More clues

http://www.stangtv.c...-assembly-plant
DeWayne

Posted Image
3 Blue Mustangs
1965 coupe - Caspian Blue 289 automatic coupe
2008 SGT/SC Vista Blue - 08SGT0994 - SAI SGT/SC package with HO polished Whipple, 3.73 and Kicker system. 507 RWHP and 497 Torque
2009 Terlingua - Vista Blue - 09TRT0402 - Possibly the first factory glass roof Shelby. The only Vista Blue, the only glass top and the first performance automatic Terlingua - Quantum built performance package - - 3.73, Kicker system and interior upgrade. Many other upgrades and mods.
THE BAD HARE

#84 OFFLINE   Helix

Helix

Lincoln Cobra

• Great Lakes Region
  • 830 posts
  • Joined 27-July 11

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

More clues

http://www.stangtv.c...-assembly-plant

Hey, worked for mine.

347tjwk.jpgzuscip.jpg

2003 Mustang

#85 OFFLINE   BIKEBOY

BIKEBOY

Team Shelby Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,031 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

:salute:

Attached Files

#86 OFFLINE   BIKEBOY

BIKEBOY

Team Shelby Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,031 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

B)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users