Photo

700+ FACTORY HP - DYNO'd the '14 GT500 Today!

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   OneTrickPony

OneTrickPony

OneTrickPony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 396 posts
  • Joined 07-December 07

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

WOW, Intersting thread. Dufus sounds to me like an educated person who has done some research. I realize as owners, its nice to have bragging rights and pump up our egos. 

I hate to say it, but when I watch the news, we have a hell of a lot bigger problems to worry about then HP numbers. Just imagine if we put this much time and effort into something more positive.

#62 OFFLINE   ViperNC

ViperNC

Some say he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Track days, Mountain bike riding/racing, motorcycle riding, cars, warbirds & chasing my kids, road course racing
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

WOW, Intersting thread. I realize as owners, its nice to have bragging rights and pump up our egos. 

we have a hell of a lot bigger problems to worry about then HP numbers. Just imagine if we put this much time and effort into something more positive.

+1

1c%20(Large).jpg 

2009 Shelby GT500 - Notable Upgrades:

• True Forged Chicane Wheels w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires: 275/30/20 Front and 285/30/20 Rear
  • Shelby/Wilwood Front and Rear Racing Brakes
  • Shelby GT500 Brake Duct Bezels/Front Brake Duct Kit
  • Ford Racing Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers
  • Shelby Oil Separator
  • Shelby GT500 Engine Coil Covers
  • Metco 2.6 pulley/idler w/JLT Cold Air Kit and SCT Tune
  • Shelby Billet Aluminum Racing Oil Pan
  • Shelby Extreme Duty Heat Exchanger
  • PST Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft
  • Ford Racing Low Profile Differential Cover w/ over flow tank
  • Flowmaster Exhaust
  • Shelby Racing Front and Rear Sway Bars
  • Shelby Bumpsteer Tie Rod Adjuster
  • Shelby Sway Bar End Links
  • Shelby A Arms
  • Shelby K-Member, Radiator Support, Chassis Support, A Arm Support Brace 
  • Shelby Billet Aluminum Watts Link
  • Metco Billet Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms
  • Ford Racing Springs
  • Shelby Six Speed Shifter Lever w/ Shelby GT500 Shift Knob
  • Shelby GT500 Engine Billet Aluminum Cap Set
  • Shelby Billet Aluminum Racing Pedal and Dead Pedal Covers
  • Carbon fiber upgrades: Front Splitter, Rocker Panels, Rear Mud Guards, Rear Diffuser, Side View Mirror Inserts, Hood Vents, Door Sills, Speaker Rings, Center Console, Mirror Switch Covers, Door Lock Bezels 

#63 OFFLINE   svtkeith

svtkeith

svtkeith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,170 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

Either way no matter what ratings you use or %'s or how it's calculated the 13-14 GT500 are dynoing great numbers...besides all that really matters is that ole kick in the pants feel when you stomp on the gas!!.. :rockon:

2010 Red ZR1 Corvette

1966 AC Cobra Replica

#64 OFFLINE   dufus

dufus

Team Shelby New Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 24-June 13
  • Region:Decline

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

WOW, Intersting thread. Dufus sounds to me like an educated person who has done some research. I realize as owners, its nice to have bragging rights and pump up our egos. 

I hate to say it, but when I watch the news, we have a hell of a lot bigger problems to worry about then HP numbers. Just imagine if we put this much time and effort into something more positive.

Thank You!

#65 OFFLINE   1 Alibi 2

1 Alibi 2

" Chance favors the prepared mind "

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined 05-August 10
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

An article in the March 2012 issue of 5.0 Mustangs & Super Fords on the 2013 5.8 Trinity motor.................read the article..................see what the FORD engineers say..........form an opinion..

http://www.mustang50...rinity_5_8l_v8/

i99y.jpg
.......2011 - lightly modded to 756 rwhp
.......2014 - detuned to 780 rwhp

#66 OFFLINE   ballinsoldier

ballinsoldier

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 04-April 09

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

No reason to take any offense. Your claim of 700+ HP is simply wrong. Manufacturers no longer have the lattitude of "underrating" their engines when they are evaluated under the SAE certification process. Google that subject and you will learn that this is reputable, standardized, process.
Creativity becomes a factor when the full chasis dyno numbers are delivered to overly enthusiastic owners. These cars are monsters on their own merrits, no reason to exagerate.

Really?  Car manufactuers can't 'underrate' their engines?  So all these 300hp/300tq BMW 335's that put down 272-278whp and 292-304wtq must not have much drivetrain loss at all in stock form.  Guess German engineering is good stuff.  Impressive when a car puts more torque to the wheels than the manufacturer claims before any drivetrain loss.

I do agree with the premise that 'guessing' what the drivetrain loss is a silly and inexact science and that dynos can be manipulated, but when you see approximately the same numbers from different cars and different dynos accross the country, you can get an idea on what the car actually makes at the wheels.  The number before drivetrain loss is iffy at best though, we just don't know.  There is a pretty wide range of what it 'could' be, often people say around 15% give or take a few %, but when looking at high hp cars we should probably just stick to the wheel hp/tq numbers.

/derail end

Edited by ballinsoldier, 20 July 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#67 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,999 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Don't feed the troll

Don't kick the rattlesnake on the trail

You will be much happier
Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#68 OFFLINE   1sgt

1sgt

1sgt

• Northeast Region
  • 621 posts
  • Joined 14-December 10
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:HOT CARS & HOT BOATS

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

I have a friend in the club who just dynode his car 662 hp and 631 torue >

#69 OFFLINE   jnf

jnf

Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 997 posts
  • Joined 01-December 08
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

Don't feed the troll

Don't kick the rattlesnake on the trail

You will be much happier

:yup:

Jim

07 GT 500 Coupe
White w/ Vista Blue stripes
SLP Loud mouth exhaust
Ford Racing Short Throw with Shelby Ball
Custom CS 69 Special Edition 20" wheels
BMR Upper and lower control arms and brackets
BMR panhard bar, brace and relocation bracket
Eibach Pro lowering springs struts and shocks with front and rear sway bars
Shelby adjustable front end links
VMP 2.59 pulley and tune
JLT Big Air carbon fiber CAI
McLeod RXT twin disc clutch
Posted ImagePosted Image

#70 OFFLINE   jmn444

jmn444

Jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • Joined 16-May 09

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Who cares, can any of you really feel a 40hp difference at these levels? I can barely tell the difference from a 3.25" to a 3.50" pulley on my lowly 4.6 gt. just have fun and stop arguing.
Posted ImagePosted Image

519 RWHP / 484 TQ Taking bets on when the bottom end will die....

#71 OFFLINE   ViperNC

ViperNC

Some say he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Track days, Mountain bike riding/racing, motorcycle riding, cars, warbirds & chasing my kids, road course racing
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

Who cares, can any of you really feel a 40hp difference at these levels? I can barely tell the difference from a 3.25" to a 3.50" pulley on my lowly 4.6 gt. just have fun and stop arguing.

Well said.  I've never put my car on the dyno and really don't plan to other than tuning it to clean up the power band.  All this talk about HP and most people do not have the training, education or experience to truly get the max out of their cars.  Its just a bunch of chest thumping and peacocking.  Remember folks: HP is nothing if you cant put it to the ground and manage it. 

1c%20(Large).jpg 

2009 Shelby GT500 - Notable Upgrades:

• True Forged Chicane Wheels w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires: 275/30/20 Front and 285/30/20 Rear
  • Shelby/Wilwood Front and Rear Racing Brakes
  • Shelby GT500 Brake Duct Bezels/Front Brake Duct Kit
  • Ford Racing Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers
  • Shelby Oil Separator
  • Shelby GT500 Engine Coil Covers
  • Metco 2.6 pulley/idler w/JLT Cold Air Kit and SCT Tune
  • Shelby Billet Aluminum Racing Oil Pan
  • Shelby Extreme Duty Heat Exchanger
  • PST Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft
  • Ford Racing Low Profile Differential Cover w/ over flow tank
  • Flowmaster Exhaust
  • Shelby Racing Front and Rear Sway Bars
  • Shelby Bumpsteer Tie Rod Adjuster
  • Shelby Sway Bar End Links
  • Shelby A Arms
  • Shelby K-Member, Radiator Support, Chassis Support, A Arm Support Brace 
  • Shelby Billet Aluminum Watts Link
  • Metco Billet Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms
  • Ford Racing Springs
  • Shelby Six Speed Shifter Lever w/ Shelby GT500 Shift Knob
  • Shelby GT500 Engine Billet Aluminum Cap Set
  • Shelby Billet Aluminum Racing Pedal and Dead Pedal Covers
  • Carbon fiber upgrades: Front Splitter, Rocker Panels, Rear Mud Guards, Rear Diffuser, Side View Mirror Inserts, Hood Vents, Door Sills, Speaker Rings, Center Console, Mirror Switch Covers, Door Lock Bezels 

#72 OFFLINE   freakshow12

freakshow12

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 203 posts
  • Joined 21-July 08

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Interesting read that article is. All I know is I have only put 160 miles on mine and it flat out hauls the mail. Much more of an animal than my 40th. Me and my dad are going to go play with them just to see how much better
current stable
65 fastback soon to be a clone
66 GT fastback
66 vert
84 capri RS t top
85 capri RS t top
85 capri GS 5.0 5 speed 1 of under 10 known
89 lx notch 5.0 5 speed
97 cobra vert pac green and blown
03 mach 1 many mods
07 40th vert 267 triple black
14 GT500 ingot/black. Svtpp glass roof. Cover.

#73 OFFLINE   mullens

mullens

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Joined 11-July 08
  • Interests:Fast cars and smart women

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

Norton,

I'm looking to do the same thing, to get some baseline runs in to see what I have under the hood.

I plan to use and highly recommend Rob Williams @ Rob Williams Racing (RWR) in Littleton though.  https://www.facebook...rSports?fref=ts

Rob is highly regarded as "The Tuning Guru" in Colorado and he is one of the *few* people I'd trust to touch my car.  He has been tuning and Mustangs and MAF based EFI for decades.

For the people bashing "dufus":  Obviously, he's saying things you don't like to hear but you might want listen to him because what he says is the truth.  Just because you don't like what he says, doesn't make it any less truthful or accurate.

The one issue I do take with him is the comment regarding the 700HP figure.  700HP (crankshaft HP) is accurate for the 5.8's.  Ford rated the 5.8L mod motor at 662HP@6250rpm.  The problem is, redline is at 7000rpm, not 6250.  Hot Rod magazine reported seeing numbers right at or very near to 700HP when they were looking over the shoulder of the Ford Engineers prior to the public introduction of the new motor.  With HP being calculated as a product of Torque & RPM (Torque X RPM/5250), the higher you spin the motor (rpm) the more HP you're going to produce provided the torque curve isn't falling off a cliff.

But 700 is CRANKSHAFT HP, not RWHP.

Phill

Phill I thought the 5.8's peak power was rated @6500.
2013 GT500 DIB/White
FRPP Resonator Delete
JLT Oil Separator
Redline Hood Struts

#74 OFFLINE   2010KonaBlueGT

2010KonaBlueGT

There's room at the top. Space is limited...RSVP!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
  • Interests:Anything Fast - Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Planes, Women, etc. Building Hi-Po engines. Sailing, Riding Motorcycles (dirt & street), Racing - Motorcycles & Cars, Bowling & Drinking Beer!

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

Phill I thought the 5.8's peak power was rated @6500.

Could be, I'm too lazy to go look it up.

Regardless, my point is that the 5.8's REDLINE at 7,000 RPM and they're still making power up to redline, which means the HP @ 6250/6500 RPM is not PEAK HP.

Phill

2010 GT500 Coupe
Kona Blue w/White OTT Stripes and Red Accent Stripes
Electronics Package, HID's & Car Cover

CURRENT MODS: FRPP: Whipple 2.9L Polished Superchager w/Crusher Inlet & Cobra Jet Dual 65mm Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Ford GT Blue Cam Covers - Polished Billet COP & Oil Filler Cap Covers - FR3 Handling Pack w/Tokico Struts/Shocks & Eibach Swaybars - Jounce Bumpers - 8.8" Low Profile Axle Girdle - 3" Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Vacuum/Boost Gauge~ MGW: Short Throw Shifter - White w/Blue Stripes Shifter Knob - Radiator and Intercooler Degas Bottle Caps - Seat Recliner Lever Covers - Parking Brake Handle Cover - Coat Hanger Hooks~ PST: 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft~ Revan Racing: C&R Radiator and Intercooler~ ROUSH: 3x Intercooler Degas Bottle - Side Splitters - Extreme Off-road Exhaust - Adjustable Trailing Arms (LCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link (UCA) - Adjustable 3rd Link Bracket - AC Vent Pod Vac/Boost Gauge Mount~ SHELBY: SC Aux. Idler Pulley - Oil Dipstick Handle, MC, PS & WS Washer Reservoir Caps - 8-qt. Oil Pan - Tubular K-Member Subframe - Tubular A-arms - CS S1000 Billet Aluminum Transmission Crossmember - Seat Harness Bar - 6S Extreme Rear Brakes - 6S Extreme Front Brakes - GT500KR Front Brake Cooling Duct Bezels - Anti Bump-stear Tie-rod Ends - Race Style Swaybar Links - Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates - Adjustable Panhard Bar - Panhard Bar/Body Brace - GT500KR Rear Axle Reservoir - Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets -18" GT500KR Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels & Goodyear GT500KR Winged Boot F1 Supercar Tires~ Raptor Shift Light

PURCHASED AND AWAITING INSTALLATION: Shelby/Metco Fuel Rails - Shelby Alcoa Forged 20" Dura-Bright Super Snake Style Wheels - Shelby Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - NMB2 2-Stage WOT Box - Granatelli Motors Tire Fryer Line-lock - ZEX N2O kit - Ford Racing Lighted Sill Plates w/Ford Racing logo.

Soon to be "For Sale": Eradispeed Rear Brake Rotors & Caliper Relocation Brackets

#75 OFFLINE   freakshow12

freakshow12

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 203 posts
  • Joined 21-July 08

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

Read the article. The 7000 rpm number is a built in acceptable over rev limit. It's not built to run there. 6250-6500 is the operating range for this beast
current stable
66 GT fastback
66 vert
84 capri RS t top
85 capri RS t top
89 lx notch 5.0 5 speed
03 mach 1 many mods

#76 OFFLINE   freakshow12

freakshow12

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 203 posts
  • Joined 21-July 08

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:34 AM

Also for me being very new to this car( 150 miles) anything over 4500 scares me. Lol
current stable
66 GT fastback
66 vert
84 capri RS t top
85 capri RS t top
89 lx notch 5.0 5 speed
03 mach 1 many mods

#77 OFFLINE   nascobra93

nascobra93

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13
  • Interests:cars/trucks - all

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

I'm new to the forum -just got a 2014 GT500 for R&D. First thing needed was to get rid of doggy 3.31 gears - put 4.10's in. Had to put sticky's even to drive it - 315 NT-05R's. Now it hooks up. Very impressed with 585 RWHP stock with only 100 mi on clock Dynojet #'s. Car very susceptible to intercooler temp power variability- 585hp with car warm - not totally heat soaked. A/F very fat from factory at 11:1 - timing very conservative for 6000ft elevation at 19.
Going to do pump gas build-up with pulleys to over drive SC 20% ( 2.4" upper w/ 10% crank)
water-meth
tune
hoping for 100hp - we'll see.
What an incredible car - 600hp from factory -warranty- AC - over 20 MPG! Who would ever think think the factory would offer such a thing!

#78 OFFLINE   JeffJ

JeffJ

Hertz #102

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 4,028 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

Based on your forum name, you must be my friend Matt!  It will be great to see what you can do with the 2014.  Once you get some data, feel free to start a new thread with your results and what type of kit you may have available.  I'm sure there will be quite a bit of interest in what you put together.

JeffJ
2006 Shelby GTH-SC #102
2013 Roush RS - Daily Driver
1993 F150 Lightning #711
1989 AutoKraft/Kenny Brown Short Wheel Base T-bird #001 with a 1969 Supercharged Boss 302 5 speed
1994 AutoKraft Short Wheel Base Lincoln MK VIII #006
1999 F-350 Powerstoke Pony Hauler (Both 4 legged and 4 tired!)
1990 7-Up LX 5.0 Convert - Auto (current basket case, building for my daughter's first car)
1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster 5.0 supercharged Ford V-8
1972 Ford F100 Shortbed 390 auto
1973 Datsun 610 302 Ford V8 power, drift and road race car.
1951 Ford F6 Dump Truck powered by 1985 Ford roller 5.0, full tilt font, can haul 6 tons of rock and run a 18.0 quarter!
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 V8
2004 Chrysler Crossfire 3.2 Mecedes V-6 6 speed - wife's daily driver

#79 OFFLINE   Ray Lucca

Ray Lucca

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 20-October 10

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

Back to the first post, great numbers Slot, especially SAE, smoothing 5.  Went to the RET Dyno Day on Sat.  A 7500 mile '13 Coupe went on the rollers.  Stock with a Non-oiled Blue Airaid Filter, on Cali 91 Octane "Premium":

1st pull:    609 Rwhp / 604 Rwtq

2nd pull:   603 Rwhp / 598 Rwtq

Very impressive, went immediately into "Cat protection" with a 10.1 A/F....  Very safe Ford Tune.....   Very impressive....

I hope mine does near as well when it's broken in and I get it on the rollers...

#80 OFFLINE   DubbsFaris

DubbsFaris

Southern Plains Bunny Herder

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 4,925 posts
  • Joined 12-November 07
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Everything with a snake or a bunny!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

Mine was 593-ish bone stock if I remember right...so right in line with you guys on a mustang dyno.

Ive added a lower pulley, CAI, Twin 65mm TB, Tune, LTHeaders, H-Pipe, and I added about 150 HP to mine....very easy to get that for 4k or so.  Once you get above 750 HP, there are concerns though.

2008 GT500 Convertible Red Stripe Appearance Package#14 of 131 **SOLD**
2011 GT350 45th Anniversary First GT350 R Tune built and delivered!!! **SOLD**
2014 GT500 Coupe Deep Impact Blue Red Stripes Loaded except Glass roof. 1 of 28 coupes.
2008 Shelby Terlingua Coupe Black with Yellow. 1 of 40-ish. CSCF Raffle car! I won it 3 years late!

TEAM SHELBY SOUTHERN PLAINS REGIONAL DIRECTOR
For Information on regional events and clubs in Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas, watch the forums!
Other Fords:
2011 SVT Raptor SCrew, Molten Orange
2013 Taurus SHO
2013 Explorer Sport

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users