Hello all...I'm new to Team Shelby.
I'm the owner of 1989 CSX/VNT #104. I bought it 8 yrs ago from the son of the original owner. It has been in storage ever since. Since I recently retired from the Air Force, I am now in a position where I have the time and space to start the process of "gathering it up." It's mechanically sound but needs TLC, so I have a few questions from those "in-the-know".
1) I have the original invoice. Sold 06/02/89 from Salsbury's Dodge City, Inc. in Baton Rouge, LA. On the invoice under "Optional Equipment" is lists: #1 Recaro Sport Seats - Front w/Shelby Cloth. Yet, I don't think the seats in the car are the Recaro Seats. How can I tell for sure?
2) Fiberrides are structurally sound, but need to be cosmetically refurbished. They have scratches, dings, etc. and somebody put steel weights on the outer flanges...uggggh! Any suggestions on who is capable of restoring these wheels?
3) Steering wheel needs to be re-furbished. Any suggestions on who to use for this job?
4) Door window felts/sweeper/weatherstrip is dry rotted. Can't seem to find replacements. Any suggestions?
5) If anyone has any database information on #104, it would be greatly appreciated.
Again, new to the site. So, If I am posting in the wrong place or if this information already exists on the site, apologies up front. Thanks for any and all info/help.