R.I.P. Cozmo 2000 - 2016

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24,757 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Some, yes...

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:51 AM

I've owned 5 S-197's (still have 2) and have never had the airbag recalls performed. The pass. side has been on recall and parts avail for a long time. Never wanted a punk a$$ lot lizard "test driving" the car afterwards. :nonono:

33336708173_17d77162a4_m_d.jpg

"My name is Carroll Shelby,

and performance is my business."

#32 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,873 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Fast cars
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

I've owned 5 S-197's (still have 2) and have never had the airbag recalls performed. The pass. side has been on recall and parts avail for a long time. Never wanted a punk a$$ lot lizard "test driving" the car afterwards. :nonono:

For most (at least in GT land) the passenger side was an interim with a second recall added as a final solution.   It seemed those that had both were in the high humidity areas.    Some were also a very early version where the units were examined for signs of corrosion but not part of the global recall.   So for example, my GT had three driver side recalls.   I haven't had any done yet.

Edited by twobjshelbys, 05 March 2017 - 09:17 AM.

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#33 OFFLINE   slbgtsc

slbgtsc

SLBGTSC

• Mountain Region
  • 1,086 posts
  • Joined 05-November 09
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Family,Cycling, Hunting/Fishing, Golf, anything outside.

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

Just curious how long did it take them? I'm going to get mine done this year, I've had the notice for years it seems. Every year I get my yearly maintenance they say they would have to order parts so I wait until the next time. I think I'll give them a heads up this time.

Dropped it off at 8 am and got the call around 10 am that it was finished. Only had the parts for the Drivers side. They said the parts for the passenger side should be here by May, but that's what they said last year.

"Halle"

2007 Shelby GT #3184, Saleen SC Stage 3 with 3.2 or 3.0 pulley (street/strip),Mosaleen tensioner system, Moroso Coolant tank, Moroso Intercooler tank,Shelby Engine Cap set, UCA,LCA,BMR A arm Brace, SVE Drifts Wheels, Nitto NT05's, Brembo GT 500 Front Calipers Hawk pads, Brembo Slotted Rear Rotors Hawk Pads, Goodrich Stainless lines, MGW shifter, Pypes LT headers catted X pipe,Bassani mufflers, FRP 3.73's, BMR Watts Link , Steeda shaft loop, One Piece Aluminum Drive Shaft, JLT 110mm CAI, FRP valve Covers, Brenspeed tuned. 12.425 @ 114.63 4800 feet on Nitto 555's, 492 RWP, 469 TQ.

#34 OFFLINE   66GT350PS

66GT350PS

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,525 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Travel, car shows, driving and restoration of Mustangs.
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

Dropped it off at 8 am and got the call around 10 am that it was finished. Only had the parts for the Drivers side. They said the parts for the passenger side should be here by May, but that's what they said last year.

Had my wife's '11 Mustang GT and my '11 GT350 driver's side done by the dealer who sold us the cars.  Did during regular annual service (oil, checkup, etc.) and each was fully done in 90 minutes with an appointment.  Passenger side still unavailable. Problem for those trying to buy affected Mustangs off the lot as they pay for them, but the dealer will not release the cars until both sides done due to liability concerns.

#35 OFFLINE   ilmor

ilmor

ilmor

• Northeast Region
  • 13,047 posts
  • Joined 04-May 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Shelby GT's (what else), Guitar, Camping in my RV, auto racing, autocross, car shows

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:52 AM

Received my notice for the passenger side last week. "When parts are available..."........

2007 Shelby GT CSM# 07SGT1917 - the "Garage Queen"Performance White, LIVE REAR AXLE Hurst 5-Speed, Premium Package - Made in USA!

9zHDguL.jpg?1

#36 OFFLINE   slygray1

slygray1

SLYGRAY1

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 493 posts
  • Joined 26-October 11
  • Region:Pacific Northwest
  • Interests:Mustangs,airplanes,Harley Davidson motorcycles, glass blowing, wood working
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:09 AM

Received my notice for the passenger side last week. "When parts are available..."........

Same here. The drivers side will be taken care of this.
2007 SGT/SC White #4665
Shelby gauge pod (boost,fuel pressure,oil pressure),4:10 gears,Ford Racing headers,Shelby tensioner brace,Moroso tanks,Shelby brake master cylinder cover,Shelby engine cap set, Razor wheels,Shelby oil separator,Shelby battery cover,Whipple 550 upgrade

2008 SGT-C Grabber orange #206,
Chrome Razor wheels,Shelby engine cap set,painted stripes

#37 OFFLINE   andrewnagle1964

andrewnagle1964

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,579 posts
  • Joined 21-February 08
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:All things good

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

got mine scheduled for Tuesday