• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,078 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Fast cars
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:03 PM

The ordering process for the new Ford GT was announced by Raj Nair this morning at the annual Ford GT Rally.

INFORMATION
2016 Ford GT Program Update
SUMMARY
The purpose of this communication is to provide dealers with new information on the Ford GT program and establish timing expectations for the ordering process.

Ford GT Program Update
Raj Nair, Ford’s Global Director of Product Development will be making the following announcement to a gathering of Ford GT owners on Thursday, August 27, 2015:

Ford will introduce a unique ordering process for the all-new Ford GT supercar, with the program commencing in early 2016.
Ford GTs will be assigned based on a customer application process, offering a personalized experience for every Ford GTbuyer.
Anyone can apply; priority will be given to loyal Ford customers including current Ford GT owners.
Applicants selected through the process will be assigned a car by Ford and complete their purchase through a Ford GT certified dealership of their choice.

Additional Information for Dealers

The Ford GT customer application process will begin in early 2016. Details on the application process will be provided closer to the application process start date.
Ford dealers will be able to opt-in and certify to sell the Ford GT. Details on the sales certification requirements will be communicated later this year.
A separate process will be established for Ford Dealership owners who wish to register and own a new Ford GT.
Limited production, high cost materials/parts and unique technologies will require unique factory-sponsored processes and resources to support customers and dealers. A separate service opt-in and certification process will be communicated in Q2/Q3 2016.
We recommend that dealers refrain from taking customer deposits.
As we continue to develop and refine the unique customer selection, allocation, and distribution processes for this extremely low-volume supercar, we will keep dealers fully informed.

Key Ford GT Product/Program Information (previously announced)

The Ford GT is an exciting demonstration of Ford’s capabilities and our culture of innovation & passion.
Ford Performance will begin racing the new Ford GT in 2016 in both the Tudor/IMSA and WEC road car racing series including a return to LeMans 50 years after the GT40 program’s historic 1-2-3 finish in 1966.
Production of the Ford GT road car will begin in late 2016 at dedicated facility in Markham, Ontario; global volume will be 250 vehicles per year.
The all-new Ford GT will be priced to compete with exotic sports cars including Lamborghini, Ferrari and McLaren.
Key vehicle specs:
Lightweight construction - 100% carbon fiber body panels and passenger cell
Aerodynamic design and active features including speed-activated deployable rear wing
3.5L V6 Ecoboost engine producing over 600hp

Here is the video where he says it:

The key takeaway is that there will be no ADMs.  The cars, for the first time ever in Ford's history, will be sold by Ford to the end user Customer.  Dealers will only be involved for the delivery process.  Customers will work will work directly with Ford during the ordering process.   While not stated, it is expected that some dealership cooperation will be needed - ie, I'd be a little dealer in Alliance Nebraska isn't going to be willing to accept delivery (and be part of the service program) but basically dealers won't own the car and be able to mark them up.  It is even stated in the written release that a separate program will be forthcoming for DEALER OWNERS who want to BUY a car. 

Dealers are once again admonished from taking deposits.  How can they?  They don't get the car except to prepare it for the customer who bought it.

No mention is made of country allocations.  With only 250 vehicles (reiterated once again) and a certain portion of the vehicles going to Europe/Asia, and some dealer owners getting one, I'd bet that the total US/Canada allocation for mere mortals will be 150-175.

Edited by twobjshelbys, 28 August 2015 - 07:29 AM.

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#2 OFFLINE   Ford Fest

Ford Fest

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 08-October 11
  • Region:Northern Plains

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:13 PM

Wonder how this will go over with the dealers? I think it is great that there will not be an ADM!

2007 Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary
Built July 2006 - Converted March 2009
FRPP TVS & CAI

Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System
Short Throw Shifter

Proud member of Team 40th - CSM 07XL0298

th_IMG_5390.jpg

#3 OFFLINE   Al G.

Al G.

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 670 posts
  • Joined 03-January 10
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:.
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

No ADM is great. I wonder how Ford will select the buyers.
Al

CSX6045 - Intense Blue Pearl, 468 ci Shelby aluminum engine, 550 hp, 5-speed Tremec
2013 GTS, 13GTS0032, Gotta Have it Green, black stripes and wheels, rear wide body, naturally aspirated 5.0, automatic

Posted Image Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,078 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

P.S.  Nothing was publicly stated about no ADM, but the process certainly seems to disallow it.   Once Ford sets a MSRP, and if all sales are directly with ford, there is no factory outlet in the middle to jack the price up.   I assume dealers will be compensated with a disclosed value for delivery and handling but that won't be 2x sales price...

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#5 OFFLINE   mikeljgt500kr

mikeljgt500kr

CorvetteMike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Joined 16-September 12
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Shelby F-150s and Corvettes
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:50 PM

I wonder how Ford will select the buyers.

That is the $64 million question.  Obvious just buds of Raj and the execs I would imagine.  Then the ADM equivalent (+ lots) comes as they sell to the highest bidders on eBay, BJ, etc.  This is just like insider trading, but legal.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr, 27 August 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   markham51

markham51

markham51

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 1,482 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:Cars, boats, golf, fishing!
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:30 PM

I think it is the only way Ford could get these cars in the hands of its best customers.  They learned from what happened last time.  ADMs would be stupid.  I am hopeful I can get one.

Everything happens for a reason; sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad choices...

Some of my current vehicles:

68 Shelby Mustang GT500KR Convert Acapulco Blue

64 MKIII SP Cobra w Rousch 427R Black
07 Explorer Sport Trac Limited Red
07 Shelby GT500 Convert Torch Red
07 Shelby GT500SS Coupe Tungsten Grey

10 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost AWD
13 SVT Raptor 6.2L White w graphics

16 GT350 Shelby Cobra Mustang Oxford White w blue stripes

Future cars:

17 Ford GT if I can find one under a gazillion dollars

#7 OFFLINE   Larry T

Larry T

• Canada Region
  • 4,894 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
  • Interests:UFC, Shelby's , SOA

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:16 AM

That is awesome news ... get the cars to the people who helped to fuel the development, those being loyal Ford owners.

[The car phone in the Porsche rings] Benjy Taylor: Hello? No, Rick is not here. Who am I? The guy stealing Rick's car...

NO MANS LAND (1987)

SHELBY GT-H CSM06H281

• Whipple 550 - 9 psi
  • JLT Carbon fiber intake tube
  • LED sequential turn signals
  • 40th anniversary floor and trunk mats
  • GT-H billet engine caps
  • CS supercharged faux gas cap cover
  • Lower Billet Grill
  • Air Bag / Sun Visor signed by Carroll Shelby
  • Shelby gauges & gauge pod
  • Shelby Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
  • Shelby brushed fuse Box Cover
  • Shelby brake Fluid Reservoir Cover
  • Shelby brushed rear facing battery cover
  • Shelby extreme duty reservoir tanks
  • Fore innovations fuel rails
  • Ford Racing 65mm polished throttle body
  • 50th Anniversary pit stripes on fender
  • TCI streetfighter ratchet shifter
  • Ford Racing brake upgrade kit
  • 20" CS56 wheels with Nitto Invo's 255/35/20 and 295/35/20​
  • Bob's auto sports oil separator

#8 OFFLINE   REAL ONE

REAL ONE

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Joined 26-October 09

Posted 27 September 2015 - 01:30 PM

I will be filing out an application and buying one if one of the lucky selected.

Tony, how will Ford be restricting the resale of these cars if you know. My thought will be an agreement giving Ford first option to buy the car back at list within X number of years or a lease with a buy out at the end.

Any other info?

Shelby Continuation Series 427, CSX 4206 (Raven Black. Aluminum bodied. Power: 1965 427 SO with dual quads)

'05 Mark IV Red Ford GT #1414

'09 Torch Red GT500KR

2012 Boss 302 CO,

'07 White Shelby GT (son's really)

'13 F150 Raptor Crew Cab metallic black with bead locks and all the bells and whistles

U.S. Army Rangers. Mess with the best, die like the rest. Want 72 virgins? They'll hook you up.

#9 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,078 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

I will be filing out an application and buying one if one of the lucky selected.

Tony, how will Ford be restricting the resale of these cars if you know. My thought will be an agreement giving Ford first option to buy the car back at list within X number of years or a lease with a buy out at the end.

Any other info?

Your chances of getting one are practically nil :).  Buy powerball tickets, they have a better chance.

They haven't rolled out the final information yet, but someone said this paralleled so far the Lexus LFA program which DID restrict it by adding a two year buy back right to the purchase contract.    But noone knows.

There is more info since this was posted.   The total number of cars is being rumored to be 200 but Ford hasn't changed the total number per year from the 250 number so until I see something else from Ford  that is still the number.  Mark Fields concurred when I spoke to him at Barrett Jackson.

My dealer friend (who is a major collector) will be in the pool same as the rest of us and he said to me a week ago that he was told that the total number of US civilian allocations would be in the 100 - 120 range.  Dealer pool (they have to buy the car for themselves) at 50-75 (total us allocation of about 150.  The rest go to the rest of the world.   He said that there will be a Ford committee that will do a "performance review" ranking and rating (we called ranting and raving) process.  Potential buyers will get good review points for things, like buying lots of cars, owning a Ford GT from day 1 (it is estimated there are enough in this category to consume all of the US allocation), etc.  Noone knows who this committee will be.   Nor, for example, if the process will be blind becasue if they know the application is from Jay Leno you know he's going to the top of the list.

Good luck but don't hold your breath.

Edited by twobjshelbys, 27 September 2015 - 01:51 PM.

Cheers,
Tony

Current:

Former:

#10 OFFLINE   66GT350PS

66GT350PS

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,622 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Travel, car shows, driving and restoration of Mustangs.
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:49 PM

Wish Ford would institute the same program for the new GT350 with direct order and no dealer ADM.

#11 OFFLINE   cmcmotorworks

cmcmotorworks

Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 1,674 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10
  • Interests:None
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:35 PM

Your chances of getting one are practically nil :).  Buy powerball tickets, they have a better chance.

They haven't rolled out the final information yet, but someone said this paralleled so far the Lexus LFA program which DID restrict it by adding a two year buy back right to the purchase contract.    But noone knows.

There is more info since this was posted.   The total number of cars is being rumored to be 200 but Ford hasn't changed the total number per year from the 250 number so until I see something else from Ford  that is still the number.  Mark Fields concurred when I spoke to him at Barrett Jackson.

My dealer friend (who is a major collector) will be in the pool same as the rest of us and he said to me a week ago that he was told that the total number of US civilian allocations would be in the 100 - 120 range.  Dealer pool (they have to buy the car for themselves) at 50-75 (total us allocation of about 150.  The rest go to the rest of the world.   He said that there will be a Ford committee that will do a "performance review" ranking and rating (we called ranting and raving) process.  Potential buyers will get good review points for things, like buying lots of cars, owning a Ford GT from day 1 (it is estimated there are enough in this category to consume all of the US allocation), etc.  Noone knows who this committee will be.   Nor, for example, if the process will be blind becasue if they know the application is from Jay Leno you know he's going to the top of the list.

Approximately 100 cars is correct.

#12 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 6,495 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
  • Interests:Cars, wakeboarding, fishing & family
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:16 PM

Very interesting.  Ford needs to define/clarify "loyal customer"?  Absent a current GT, I assume it's the ones with the big bucks because I sure consider myself a loyal Ford customer who always has at least 2 Fords in the stable but most likely would not qualify.  That said, very cool selling approach.   

Harald #50

CSM 06H0050: Registered as a Shelby GT-H/SC
Black CS 69 w/ 255/45/18 & 285/40/18 Continental DW Extreme Contact
Lower Billet Grill
Air Bag Signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson, Cleo Shelby & Akos Feher
40th Anniversary Signature Floor Mats w/ Gold Stripes
Shelby GT Plus & Eradispeed 14" brakes & S/S brake lines
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
SAI installed polished Paxton SC # 0066 w/ GT 500 fuel pump
GT-H/SC side stripes
Shelby gauges & gauge pod
424RWHP 367 Torque
KR rear end expansion tank
2009 Shelby Bash top 20 winner
2011 Bash In & Out cruise recognition plaque
Painted over the top stripes
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
2014 Vegas Bash Show & Shine Class Winner 2015, 2016 Shelby American Las Vegas Bash Top 25 car show Award

The race is run, the flag unfurled, the champion now will rest.
God speed, Carroll Shelby, we will never forget you.
CARROLL H SHELBY

Jan. 11, 1923 May 10, 2012

http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/030.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/035.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/037.jpg

#13 OFFLINE   mikeljgt500kr

mikeljgt500kr

CorvetteMike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Joined 16-September 12
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Shelby F-150s and Corvettes
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:41 PM

Very interesting.  Ford needs to define/clarify "loyal customer"?  Absent a current GT, I assume it's the ones with the big bucks because I sure consider myself a loyal Ford customer who always has at least 2 Fords in the stable but most likely would not qualify.  That said, very cool selling approach.   

So you don't see any hint of insider Ford corporate cronyism here?

#14 OFFLINE   BIKEBOY

BIKEBOY

R.I.P. Cozmo 2000 - 2016

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,232 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06
  • Interests:Some, yes...

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

My 2007 GT500 was sold to me under the V. I. P. Program. MSRP of $41,XXX.00. No ADM.
I signed a document that I would NOT sell the car for two years.

Was totally happy to do so at that time. :cool:

EDIT- If I wanted or needed to sell before that period expired...Ford was the only approved buyer.

Edited by BIKEBOY, 02 October 2015 - 02:48 PM.

36367823980_f8a8a77c5a_z_d.jpg

"My name is Carroll Shelby,

and performance is my business."

Current Garage

​                                 2007 Black Shelby GT #07SGT5671

​                                   2008 SALEEN Dan Gurney Eagle

​                                           Vista Blue 1 of 38

2012 BOSS 302 Race Red / White

​                                    2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack

​                                     Avalanche Grey / Blue Stripe

​                                    2016 Stingray Vert Silver/Red

#15 OFFLINE   markham51

markham51

markham51

• Ontario Canada Region
  • 1,482 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
  • Interests:Cars, boats, golf, fishing!
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:47 PM

Thanks for the insight.

I know it will be like winning the lottery to get one...but I love a good chase.

There are lots of cool toys out there...

Everything happens for a reason; sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad choices...

Some of my current vehicles:

68 Shelby Mustang GT500KR Convert Acapulco Blue

64 MKIII SP Cobra w Rousch 427R Black
07 Explorer Sport Trac Limited Red
07 Shelby GT500 Convert Torch Red
07 Shelby GT500SS Coupe Tungsten Grey

10 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost AWD
13 SVT Raptor 6.2L White w graphics

16 GT350 Shelby Cobra Mustang Oxford White w blue stripes

Future cars:

17 Ford GT if I can find one under a gazillion dollars

#16 OFFLINE   BIKEBOY

BIKEBOY

R.I.P. Cozmo 2000 - 2016

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,232 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06
  • Interests:Some, yes...

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:20 AM

I know it flies in the face of the whole British thing with 007........ But how bitchin' would it be to see one of these in the next Bond film?!?!

:rockon:

36367823980_f8a8a77c5a_z_d.jpg

"My name is Carroll Shelby,

and performance is my business."

Current Garage

​                                 2007 Black Shelby GT #07SGT5671

​                                   2008 SALEEN Dan Gurney Eagle

​                                           Vista Blue 1 of 38

2012 BOSS 302 Race Red / White

​                                    2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack

​                                     Avalanche Grey / Blue Stripe

​                                    2016 Stingray Vert Silver/Red

#17 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,078 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:39 AM

The online application went online early this morning.   www.fordgt.com

Cheers,
Tony

Current:

Former:

#18 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,078 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:58 AM

The notices went out last night.   There were three categories:

Yes

Maybe

No

I'm in the "when hell freezes over" group. 

Cheers,
Tony

Current:

Former:

#19 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 20,323 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
  • Interests:65 G.T coupe
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for the insight.

I know it will be like winning the lottery to get one...but I love a good chase.

There are lots of cool toys out there...

Well what did your notice say???

#20 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• 20,323 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:49 PM

The notices went out last night.   There were three categories:

Yes

Maybe

No

I'm in the "when hell freezes over" group. 

So does it mean "No: if the notice said  they will keep your info fill but all the G.T 40  are spoken for . :lol:

#21 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,078 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:28 PM

So does it mean "No: if the notice said  they will keep your info fill but all the G.T 40  are spoken for . :lol:

What part of "no" don't you understand? :)  I read it half a dozen times.  It's dancing on semantics to think otherwise.   If (and it is a big IF, according to my source) there is a 2019 process, you start all over, competing again with 6500 folks that want one.   Keeping it there is merely a convenience, but no sign that doing so will improve your chances next time around. 

Edited by twobjshelbys, 28 July 2016 - 02:30 PM.

Cheers,
Tony

Current:

Former:

#22 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,078 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:31 PM

P.S.  Congrats to Aaron!

Cheers,
Tony

Current:

Former:

#23 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• 20,323 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:13 PM

What part of "no" don't you understand? :)  I read it half a dozen times.  It's dancing on semantics to think otherwise.   If (and it is a big IF, according to my source) there is a 2019 process, you start all over, competing again with 6500 folks that want one.   Keeping it there is merely a convenience, but no sign that doing so will improve your chances next time around. 

Ya I thing I understood the "N" wasn`t sure about the "O" ;)  

#24 OFFLINE   QuickSilverShelby

QuickSilverShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • Joined 21-May 08
  • Interests:The wife, the kids and Shelby's

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:27 PM

I got the "PFO" email from Ford too.

QSS

"I wanna go where the beer flows like wine"

07 GT-H 5sp Vert
68 GT 500 Vert

#25 OFFLINE   66GT350PS

66GT350PS

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,622 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Interests:Travel, car shows, driving and restoration of Mustangs.
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:33 PM

Friend here got a yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users