Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16
  • Region:Other
  • Interests:repair and modification

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:34 PM

I plan on some occasional track time.  Probably just drag strip but who knows I may get into more.  It will be more than a daily driver but I don't want it so aggressive that it isn't comfortable to drive around town anymore.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Double Adjustable UCA and Bracket (Poly Bushing on Bracket and stock Bushing on Differential)
  • UPR Double Adjustable LCAs (Poly Bushing Front and Heim on Rear)
  • UPR Double Adjustable Panhard Bar (Heim Bushing on Axle and Poly Bushing On Body) I do not recommend this part.  It is not possible to adjust without removing the passenger side
  • UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#32 OFFLINE   Secondo

Secondo

Stangs Unleashed and Team Shelby Member since 2006

• Northeast Region
  • 7,796 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Raising my 3 boys!!

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:06 PM

The Watts link would be best if you have the $$, otherwise, for DD (daily driving) and occasional track use, the stock panhard bar will work unless you're into showing off and doing donuts, it will break. 

2014 Mustang GT Track Pack, driven and raced

TNiA_Palmer_20160818%20Cropped%20640x384

#33 OFFLINE   barspen

barspen

Team Shelby New Member

• Mountain Region
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 12-May 11
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:53 PM

Are you guys replacing the bushing in the DIFFERENTIAL HOUSING when you replace the UCA and bracket or just leaving that one alone.  The Ford shop manual shows a special tool to press it out.  I was ready to place my parts order when I saw that in the shop manual now I cant decide if I need to order a bushing for the diff also.  If I do I guess I need to decide on poly or spherical.  Any recommendations?

http://www.uprproduc...ushings-05.html

or

http://www.bmrsuspen...=178&superpro=0

or

leave the original and call the poly / oem rubber bushing a improvement

I changed mine to poly because it dry-rotted and made extra noise.  The extra heat in AZ and a few track days a year took it's toll on the stocker.  Install is messy but not that hard.  I used a hole saw to drill out the stock rubber bushing and a wire brush to clean it up the sleeve.  No need to press the sleeve out...just makes that job more difficult.  You do need a big c-clamp to press the pushing together in the housing.

The poly bushing helped the back feel more squared up and less 'squishy'.  And for me, less noise rotted out rubber stocker.  Well worth a few extra bucks.

Call the folks at BMR and they can give you some advice on changing it out.  If you are going the upgrade the UCA, might as well get'er done.

BTW, I would not use a rod/spherical end on the axle bushing...Just my 2 cents.

Barry

Phoenix, AZ

2011 Kona Blue GT500

VMP tune, JTL 127mm CAI, 170* T-stat, JTL oil separator, C&R heat exchanger, FRPP side pipes, MGW2, trans cooling scoop, Watson Racing roll bar, FRPP springs, J&M Extreme LCA, BMR panhard bar, BMR spherical-end UCA, Eibach Sway Bars, Stallion Suspension endlinks, Koni Sport shocks & struts, J&M CC plates, FRPP brake cooling, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, StopTech drilled rotors, ARP Wheel studs, NT555G2 tires, Rear seat delete

Track Setup - Carbotech XP-10 pads with stock rotors, Nitto NT01 (275/40/18) on TSW Nurburgring wheels, HANS, Schroth 6-H

20141019_183819373_iOS_zps2f90368d.jpg

#34 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

My rear suspension parts will be here in time for the weekend!  If you are interested here is what I went with:

UPR Pro Street Double Adjustable LCA (poly/heim)

UPR Pro Series Adjustable UCA Mount (has two mounting holes for the UCA--one is stock location and the other is available for an instant center change for drag strip traction just in case but plan to use the stock position)

UPR Pro Street Double Adjustable UCA (poly bushing) (I will retain the factory rubber bushing in the differential for now and see how that goes.  I can always replace the differential bushing with poly or heim later)

UPR Double Adjustable Pan Hard Bar (I had them customize this to poly bushing on chassis and heim on axle.  They usually only sell it as poly/poly or heim/heim)

UPR Pan Hard Brace

I plan to take a base line reading with a decibal meter for fun (iPhone app so I am not sure how accurate) and then measure the increase in noise as I install each part.  I am not sure how accurate this will be but in may provide some measurable info for someone who is trying to make the same decisions I have had to make based on subjective opinions of NVH.

As far as sequence of instillation I was thinking of UCA/LCA/Pan Hard.  Does anyone know if there is a preferred sequence to change these three suspension components?

Edited by jdt1970, 30 August 2016 - 03:39 PM.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Double Adjustable UCA and Bracket (Poly Bushing on Bracket and stock Bushing on Differential)
  • UPR Double Adjustable Panhard Bar (Heim Bushing on Axle and Poly Bushing On Body) I do not recommend this part.  It is not possible to adjust without removing the passenger side
  • UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#35 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:22 PM

I installed the UCA and UCA bracket today.  My pinion angle is not where it should be.  I was hoping this was just a matter of loosening the jam nuts, making the adjustment, applying more thread locker and tightening it back up.  To my disappointment there is no way to move the jam nuts once this is on the car.  If you get a wrench on them then you cant swing it due to the exhaust and the pumpkin being in the way (not to mention the car itself).  Is there a trick I am missing or is the term on car adjustable just a marketing gimmick.  The only way I can see that I could adjust this would be to remove the exhaust.  If you guys don't have something for me to try I guess its just a matter of removing it and reinstalling it until the angle is correct.  If I knew this ahead of time I probably would of gotten a single adjustable arm.  That way there would only be one jam nut to worry about.  I thought about adjusting the pinion angle from the lower arms.  Is there any harm in this?  Would it move the wheels in the wheel wells too much?

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#36 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:00 AM

It turns out you can adjust the UCA while it is installed on the car. I had to go back and read something that Barry sent me about slowly lowering the axle while the car is jacked up to allow a bit more room to work. It's kind of a pain because you are switching back and forth between having the suspension unloaded for adjustment and then loaded for measurement of the pinion angle. I jacked the car up with scissor jacks from all four corners and then placed blocks of wood under the tires (I built in chocks on the top of the blocks of wood so the car would not role off). When you want to work with the suspension loaded (tightening some bolts and measuring angles) you lower the car onto the blocks. When its time to work with it unloaded you raise it back off the blocks and onto jack stands (the pinch rail is being used at this point so refer to the guide posted elsewhere on this forum for placement of jack stands). Obviously, do not place the jack stands under the axle if you want the suspension unloaded. With the suspension unloaded and the axle hanging down you can get a wrench on the jam nuts. I lucked out when my neighbor who is a SouthWest Airlines mechanic came over to see what I was doing and offered up some offset open ended wrenches that fit the jam nuts. I had to go back and forth between the offset wrench and the adjustable wrench to get the jam nuts super tight. Don't forget the thread locker.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#37 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:35 AM

Here are some pictures of the parts prior to install.  If anyone is interested I can get some pictures of them installed but I was done raising and lowering the car with the scissor jacks at the end of the day.

Attached Files

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#38 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:37 AM

Here are a few pictures of the way I got the car up.  The pinch rail pads are available on Amazon for a few bucks (they are the small size and worked perfectly)

Attached Files

Edited by jdt1970, 12 September 2016 - 11:58 AM.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#39 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:45 AM

The car drives great with the LCAs, UCA and mount, PHB and PHB brace installed.  It does feel firmer and there is no increase in noise but the sound has changed some.  You hear more gear noise from the axle and differential but it is not unpleasant and I actually like it.  Even though the sound is different it is NOT louder.  It just sounds more purposeful (if that makes since).  Here are some decibel readings from before and after this part of the modification.  The RED graph is before and the GREEN graph is after.  The decibels averaged around 80 for both.  The before traffic conditions were more stop and go thus the greater peaks and valleys.

Attached Files

Edited by jdt1970, 12 September 2016 - 09:29 AM.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#40 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:05 AM

The information I found on this forum was very helpful in selecting and installing these parts.  Thanks!  The UPR parts seem to be of good quality but time will tell.  I will say that the UPR directions that came with the parts were very minimal and not real helpful.  There website does not have any additional help. However, they were able to answer a few questions over the phone.  Oddly enough I found better instructions that were apparently published by UPR at some point (not available currently on their website) on VMP's website.  I also referenced the instructions of their competitors product (BMR) to find the size of the OEM bolts (I wanted to make sure I had all the right tools prior to starting).  UPR could not tell me the size of their jam nuts over the phone and said they would call back with the info but never did.  Lastly, I cross referenced the Ford Factory Manual as a way to error check the manufactures instructions.  All in all I like the UPR parts but they really need to improve on their installation instructions.  There was some very important info missing that could have caused problems if I had not cross referenced other sources.  If anyone else installs UPR uppers and lowers feel free to contact me and I will dig out my material for you.

I know a guy who does alignments on track and drag vehicles.  I plan to pay him to check and make sure everything is as square as possible with the rear end sometime in the next few weeks.  I did notice that the car drifts ever so slightly to the left now which makes me think I may have gotten one of the LCAs slightly off.

Next up is the VMP Dual Fan Triple Pass Heat Exchanger and the 3X Capacity Tank along with a 170 degree Thermostat.

Edited by jdt1970, 12 September 2016 - 09:25 AM.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#41 OFFLINE   barspen

barspen

Team Shelby New Member

• Mountain Region
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 12-May 11
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:36 PM

Customer support is a big deal when installing aftermarket parts and factors into everything I buy.  I'm happy to pay a little extra when I know there is great support backing the product.

You will get great service from VMP...It's just reassuring knowing they are there if you need them.  They have a great YouTube video on the HE install.  The job is a little intimidating at first, but it's actually pretty simple if you take your time and keep track of the zillion little bolts, screws, nuts and clips you need to remove :-)

Good luck!

Barry

Phoenix, AZ

2011 Kona Blue GT500

VMP tune, JTL 127mm CAI, 170* T-stat, JTL oil separator, C&R heat exchanger, FRPP side pipes, MGW2, trans cooling scoop, Watson Racing roll bar, FRPP springs, J&M Extreme LCA, BMR panhard bar, BMR spherical-end UCA, Eibach Sway Bars, Stallion Suspension endlinks, Koni Sport shocks & struts, J&M CC plates, FRPP brake cooling, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, StopTech drilled rotors, ARP Wheel studs, NT555G2 tires, Rear seat delete

Track Setup - Carbotech XP-10 pads with stock rotors, Nitto NT01 (275/40/18) on TSW Nurburgring wheels, HANS, Schroth 6-H

20141019_183819373_iOS_zps2f90368d.jpg

#42 OFFLINE   VNMOUS1

VNMOUS1

488/8152 Coupes. 169/2153 Red.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • Joined 11-February 06
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Racing, motorcycling, shooting, playing drums, golfing, scuba diving.

Posted 19 September 2016 - 06:41 AM

The information I found on this forum was very helpful in selecting and installing these parts.  Thanks!  The UPR parts seem to be of good quality but time will tell.  I will say that the UPR directions that came with the parts were very minimal and not real helpful.  There website does not have any additional help. However, they were able to answer a few questions over the phone.  Oddly enough I found better instructions that were apparently published by UPR at some point (not available currently on their website) on VMP's website.  I also referenced the instructions of their competitors product (BMR) to find the size of the OEM bolts (I wanted to make sure I had all the right tools prior to starting).  UPR could not tell me the size of their jam nuts over the phone and said they would call back with the info but never did.  Lastly, I cross referenced the Ford Factory Manual as a way to error check the manufactures instructions.  All in all I like the UPR parts but they really need to improve on their installation instructions.  There was some very important info missing that could have caused problems if I had not cross referenced other sources.  If anyone else installs UPR uppers and lowers feel free to contact me and I will dig out my material for you.

I know a guy who does alignments on track and drag vehicles.  I plan to pay him to check and make sure everything is as square as possible with the rear end sometime in the next few weeks.  I did notice that the car drifts ever so slightly to the left now which makes me think I may have gotten one of the LCAs slightly off.

Next up is the VMP Dual Fan Triple Pass Heat Exchanger and the 3X Capacity Tank along with a 170 degree Thermostat.

I just got a new shipment in.  :)

cobra_smaller.jpg

BJ McCarty
General Manager
bj@vmpperformance.com
(321) 206-9369 ext 112

#43 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:23 AM

Thanks BJ,

I think I will have you guys install the HE and the 800 HP kit.  I will get in touch.

Edited by jdt1970, 19 September 2016 - 08:11 AM.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#44 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:03 AM

I am in the process of adjusting the parts I installed in the rear suspension.  I decided to give it a try myself before taking a chance that the alignment shop would know how to do it correctly.  I noticed my axle was shifted a centimeter to the right.  I figured no problem I have a "on car adjustable" panhard bar.  It turns out that you have to disconnect the chassis side from the car to make the adjustment because access to the jam nuts are blocked by the mounting bracket.  I tried an assortment of wrenches and nothing worked.  As a result I would not recommend you purchase a Double Adjustable Panhard Bar with the adjustments located at the end on both sides.  UPR's bar has the adjustments located at the very ends of the bar and you cannot access them.  I noticed some of the BMR products have the adjustment in the middle of the bar or at least offset from the end which would make it supper easy to adjust.  I have the UPR bar adjusted now so I will let it ride a while but if I need future adjustment or the part fails I will replace it with something like the BMR design I mentioned.  I will put some photos so you can see what to avoid with this part.

Here is a picture of the UPR Panhard Bar installed on my car.  Notice that there is no access to the Jam nut on the passenger side of the vehicle due to the mount:

Attached Files

Edited by jdt1970, 19 September 2016 - 08:17 AM.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#45 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:07 AM

Here is a picture of the UPR "on car adjustable" Panhard bar from their website.  Notice how the jam nuts are at the ends of the bar.  You can only get to the one mounted on the drivers side.  You need to remove the passenger side to loosen the jam nut.  You can see this problem in the photo above on my car.

Attached Files

Edited by jdt1970, 19 September 2016 - 08:15 AM.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#46 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:10 AM

If you want to be able to adjust it on the car look for two jam nuts and a threaded bar somewhere away from the mounting location.  Here are a couple pictures of BMR products that have the adjustment far enough away from the passenger mount location that they could be adjusted on the vehicle.

Attached Files

Edited by jdt1970, 19 September 2016 - 08:15 AM.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#47 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

Next up is the VMP Dual Fan Triple Pass Heat Exchanger and the 3X Capacity Tank along with a 170 degree Thermostat and the 820 hp kit with fuel booster. VMP performance will do the install. I opted for the 2.5 pulley with 10% overdrive lower. It should make around 20 lbs of boost and about 700 rwhp. I also decided to have them install a nGauge in the driver vent for tuning. Add oil separators and 2 days labor and I'll be 8,200 out of pocket (cash price after 5 percent discount code plus Florida state tax). I'll let you all know how it goes.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#48 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:31 AM

Sidebar #2: I noticed a slight clunking sound that seems to be coming from the rear end on the driver's side ("seems" being the operative word). I can replicate the noise when the car is parked by slightly pulling up or pushing down on the suspension after it's been sitting for a while. I hear it driving at low speed. It is not associated with shifting, acceleration, deceleration, or cornering. I hear it when I am driving over very small bumps. It's seems to occur only when the suspension moves slightly (big bumps don't cause it). The only changes I made where the 3 control arms and ph bar and brace. These component are described earlier in this thread. I added a couple extra foot lbs to the uca mount bolt under the rear seat already. I tend to think it's not the upper but that could just be wishful thinking since it was such a bitch to install and adjust. Also it seems that the noise would occur during acceleration if it was the upper. Anyway, I know it's a shot in the dark but if anyone else has had this I would appreciate your take on the situation. Do shocks ever present this symptom?

Edited by jdt1970, 13 April 2017 - 05:36 AM.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#49 OFFLINE   Secondo

Secondo

• Northeast Region
  • 7,796 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

My wife's '11 5.0 did the same thing. It turned out to be the rear sway bar bushings. I replaced them with polyurethane aftermarket ones and the sound is gone.

Edit: Yes, the shocks could make the same sound if they are loose or broken.

Edited by Secondo, 13 April 2017 - 07:50 AM.

#50 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:09 AM

My wife's '11 5.0 did the same thing. It turned out to be the rear sway bar bushings. I replaced them with polyurethane aftermarket ones and the sound is gone.

Edit: Yes, the shocks could make the same sound if they are loose or broken.

Thanks!  I will check the sway bar this weekend.  I'll have someone wiggle the suspension up and down while I crawl around underneath listening.  It's hard to find because it doesn't do it consistently although it is getting more frequent.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#51 OFFLINE   Secondo

Secondo

• Northeast Region
  • 7,796 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

We couldn't find anything wrong with the car on a lift. I decided to take a small chance after reading someone's post on a random Mustang forum about the issue. Replacing the $38 bushings brought the success.

#52 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:46 AM

We couldn't find anything wrong with the car on a lift. I decided to take a small chance after reading someone's post on a random Mustang forum about the issue. Replacing the $38 bushings brought the success.

I am leaning towards that gamble myself.  $40 bucks would be nothing to get my mind off of it.  Plus its easy to get to.  I'll let you know when I figure it out if that was the cause.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#53 OFFLINE   Secondo

Secondo

• Northeast Region
  • 7,796 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

I am leaning towards that gamble myself.  $40 bucks would be nothing to get my mind off of it.  Plus its easy to get to.  I'll let you know when I figure it out if that was the cause.

Take the sway bar off first to see if the sound goes away. Easy enough.

#54 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:50 AM

Take the sway bar off first to see if the sound goes away. Easy enough.

awesome...thanks

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#55 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:23 AM

I think I located the source of the clunk. It's coming from the driver's side LCA. It is an adjustable arm with heim joint forward and poly rear made by UPR. The clunk is either coming from the threaded adjustment area or the heim joint. When I get time to jack the car up and put it on blocks I will loosen the jam nut, clean the threads and re-tighten (with more thread locker). If that doesn't work I will try spraying the heim with some lubricant. I don't want to do them at the same time because I want to isolate the cause. If it's the heim I will consider replacing it with poly if UPR makes a swap kit. I'll post the result.

Edited by jdt1970, 19 April 2017 - 12:51 PM.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#56 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:23 AM

double post deleted

Edited by jdt1970, 19 April 2017 - 06:25 AM.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#57 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:28 AM

I was doing some research on dynamat xtreme. There is a old thread on here that says guys were pretty pleased with the result of their installation. The thread is almost 10 years old so I was wondering if anyone had some fresh information:
-best place to buy from?
-are you happy with it / worth the effort?
-what areas did you apply it to?
-how many square feet did you need?
Thanks,

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#58 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:32 AM

I think I located the source of the clunk. I think it's coming from the driver's side LCA. It is an adjustable arm with heim joint forward and poly rear made by UPR. The clunk is either coming from the threaded adjustment area or the heim joint. When I get time to jack the car up and put it on blocks I will loosen the jam but, clean the threads and retighten (with more thread locker). If that doesn't work I will try spraying the heim with some lubricant. I don't want to do them at the same time because I want to isolate the cause. If it's the heim I will consider replacing it with poly if UPR makes a swap kit. I'll post the result.

This problem has been solved.  I loosened and retightened the jam nuts on the left LCA with suspension loaded and the clunk is gone.  If I remember correctly I adjusted the length and tightened the jam nuts before I put the part on the car because I was thinking only the mounting bolts needed to be tightened with the suspension loaded.  I am not sure if this is what caused the problem (tightening jam nuts un-loaded) or if they were just loose.  The right side had no issue because it was adjusted and tightened post install during a four wheel alignment.  So I either didn't get it tight enough initially or the jam nuts should have been tightened under suspension load...not sure which.  Regardless, the noise is gone and I feel mush better.  I hope this helps someone down the line.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

#59 OFFLINE   Secondo

Secondo

• Northeast Region
  • 7,796 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:08 AM

Congrats, I'm glad you found it and you know your sway bar bushings are good.

#60 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:32 AM

Thanks, it was bugging the crap out of me.  I appreciate your suggestions.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Panhard Bar Brace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users