Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16
  • Region:Other
  • Interests:repair and modification

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:41 AM

I recently had the VMP 820 HP kit installed at VMP along with the rest of the stuff now in my signature.  Car is really starting to feel like something I want to hold onto (not that it wasn't before but now that it has a little more personality ... keeper).  Next I am planning on doing either the clutch and a one piece drive shaft or long tube headers.  However, my brakes gave up their first squeak yesterday and the car has over 45K so I think the priority is now probably brake pads and maybe rotors.  If anyone has a suggestion on either the brake pads or the rotors I would love to hear it.  Low dust would be nice for around town since I do drive the car everyday. 

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Double Adjustable UCA and Bracket (Poly Bushing on Bracket and stock Bushing on Differential)
  • UPR Double Adjustable LCAs (Poly Bushing Front and Heim on Rear)
  • UPR Double Adjustable Panhard Bar (Heim Bushing on Axle and Poly Bushing On Body) I do not recommend this part.  It is not possible to adjust without removing the passenger side
  • UPR Panhard Bar Brace
  • VMP GEN II-R TVS supercharger (2.5” pulley with ATI 10% OD Balancer) = 21psi
  • VMP Twin Jet 67mm throttle body
  • JLT 123mm Big Air CAI
  • ID 1050X injectors
  • 90mm idler
  • Brisk GR12YS spark plugs
  • Fuel Pump Booster
  • nGauge Tuner with VMP tune for 93 octane
  • VMP Dual Fan Triple Pass Heat Exchanger w/ 3X capacity reservoir
  • Reische 170 deg thermostat
  • JLT oil separator 3.0 driver and passenger side
  • StopTech Cryo slotted rotors
  • Hawk ceramic pads

#62 OFFLINE   jdt1970

jdt1970

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 21-July 16
  • Region:Other
  • Interests:repair and modification

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

I'm starting to think everyone has moved over to the GT500 site but I will keep this build thread alive in case someone stumbles across it on the same journey.  I went with StopTech Cryo treated slotted rotors front and back and hawk ceramic pads.  I ordered the 25 dollar rear brake tool set off Amazon to get the rear calipers compressed,  Easy job.  If you get the Hawk pads you will need to buy the hardware separate if the current clips are not still serviceable (I broke one of the rear pad clips being a perfectionist and trying to get it clean). 

VMP Performance is installing DynaTech LT Headers this month.  I am hopping it's not too loud afterward.  I am keeping the stock cat-back.

Edited by jdt1970, 07 June 2017 - 12:58 PM.

JT

2012 GT500 SVTPP

Completed Modifications:

• UPR Double Adjustable UCA and Bracket (Poly Bushing on Bracket and stock Bushing on Differential)
  • UPR Double Adjustable LCAs (Poly Bushing Front and Heim on Rear)
  • UPR Double Adjustable Panhard Bar (Heim Bushing on Axle and Poly Bushing On Body) I do not recommend this part.  It is not possible to adjust without removing the passenger side
  • UPR Panhard Bar Brace
  • VMP GEN II-R TVS supercharger (2.5” pulley with ATI 10% OD Balancer) = 21psi
  • VMP Twin Jet 67mm throttle body
  • JLT 123mm Big Air CAI
  • ID 1050X injectors
  • 90mm idler
  • Brisk GR12YS spark plugs
  • Fuel Pump Booster
  • nGauge Tuner with VMP tune for 93 octane
  • VMP Dual Fan Triple Pass Heat Exchanger w/ 3X capacity reservoir
  • Reische 170 deg thermostat
  • JLT oil separator 3.0 driver and passenger side
  • StopTech Cryo slotted rotors
  • Hawk ceramic pads