Larry T

• Canada Region
  • 4,843 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:UFC, Shelby's , SOA

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:02 AM

If anyone is interested

[The car phone in the Porsche rings] Benjy Taylor: Hello? No, Rick is not here. Who am I? The guy stealing Rick's car...

NO MANS LAND (1987)

SHELBY GT-H CSM06H281

• Whipple 550 - 9 psi
  • JLT Carbon fiber intake tube
  • LED sequential turn signals
  • 40th anniversary floor and trunk mats
  • GT-H billet engine caps
  • CS supercharged faux gas cap cover
  • Lower Billet Grill
  • Air Bag / Sun Visor signed by Carroll Shelby
  • Shelby gauges & gauge pod
  • Shelby Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
  • Shelby brushed fuse Box Cover
  • Shelby brake Fluid Reservoir Cover
  • Shelby brushed rear facing battery cover
  • Shelby extreme duty reservoir tanks
  • Fore innovations fuel rails
  • Ford Racing 65mm polished throttle body
  • 50th Anniversary pit stripes on fender
  • TCI streetfighter ratchet shifter
  • Ford Racing brake upgrade kit
  • 20" CS56 wheels with Nitto Invo's 255/35/20 and 295/35/20​
  • Bob's auto sports oil separator

#2 OFFLINE   andrewnagle1964

andrewnagle1964

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,601 posts
  • Joined 21-February 08
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:All things good

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for sharing

The White 07SGT4623......502rwhp/390rwtq @ 11lbs of boost

i-fXCqPgk-M.jpg

#3 OFFLINE   orange2

orange2

Team Shelby New Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 05-February 17
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:cars

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

Aftermarket to the rescue, damn car should have come outa Detroit that way!

#4 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,931 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
  • Interests:Fast cars
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

Put a supercharger on a  Voodoo at your own risk.  Nearing end of life for the GT350 and while typically Ford announces power booster packages for new engine coincident or shortly after the vehicle, the fact that there are still no Ford sanctioned (Ford Performance Parts) addons from Whipple or anyone else for Voodoo speaks volumes.  

Edited by twobjshelbys, 14 March 2017 - 05:09 PM.

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#5 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 3,159 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Family, Cars, Golf

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

Sounded like a missed shift in there too?
07 Shelby GT # 5696 White, Charcoal Interior and Dash, 5-Speed, IUP, Anti-theft, Wheel Locks, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Heated Seats, Shelby Signature Mats, Shelby License Plate Holder, Lower Billet Grill, Silverhorse Cup Holder, Shifter Bezel, Climate Knobs, E-brake Handle, door handles, Mirror Control Knob, lock pockets and pins, and Window Switch Plates, Clear Turn Signals, Shelby Kicker Speaker System, Shorty Antenna, Shelby Engine Caps, Shelby CS69 20" Staggered Wheels, Updated Hood Pins, Shelby Headrest Covers & Armrest Cover, Sequential Tail Lights
Back from Tasca on 03-25-09-550HP Whipple, Brake Upgrade, Shelby Gauges, Blue Ford Racing Valve Covers, Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft- 495 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FR500S Exhaust and Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 OFFLINE   orange2

orange2

Team Shelby New Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 05-February 17

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:01 AM

Put a supercharger on a  Voodoo at your own risk.  Nearing end of life for the GT350 and while typically Ford announces power booster packages for new engine coincident or shortly after the vehicle, the fact that there are still no Ford sanctioned (Ford Performance Parts) addons from Whipple or anyone else for Voodoo speaks volumes.  

You accept risk when you add a blower to any engine. Seems as if Ford has designed this car primarily as a road racer appealing to that relatively small number of guys who use Pony Cars in that venue and really don't have much of a market for a S/C configuration. This car is going to be nearly a forgotten entity for the after market product lines once the GT500 takes center stage.

Edited by orange2, 15 March 2017 - 07:45 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   BIKEBOY

BIKEBOY

R.I.P. Cozmo 2000 - 2016

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,221 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Some, yes...

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

^^^ This :yup:

33336708173_17d77162a4_m_d.jpg

"My name is Carroll Shelby,

and performance is my business."

#8 OFFLINE   orange2

orange2

Team Shelby New Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 05-February 17

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:11 AM

^^^ This :yup:

Some may read the tea leaves this way. Oh well, if the Voodoo motor is that weak then I am glad that I did not buy one. Looking to wait on GT500 with possibly a ZL1(LT4) in the meantime.

#9 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,931 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

Some may read the tea leaves this way. Oh well, if the Voodoo motor is that weak then I am glad that I did not buy one. Looking to wait on GT500 with possibly a ZL1(LT4) in the meantime.

I'm sure that the internals of the engine can take the horsepower.  But Voodoo is the largest displacement FPC on the planet, and everyone has issues with balancing the engine.  It's not simple, and Ford only did it by doing some of it EXTERNALLY.  Ford seems to think that adding HP is risky or they would have done it.  They also have not sold the engine as a component/crate engine for the same reasons.   (Ford Racing/Performance has always considered their brand superchargers retain the original factory warranty.)   Go ahead, but do it at your own risk.So far noone here has volunteered to be first!    And surprisingly, I've not seen a single person here or on other forums claiming to have done so either.       All we see are advertisements from the shops. 

Edited by twobjshelbys, 16 March 2017 - 01:57 PM.

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#10 OFFLINE   orange2

orange2

Team Shelby New Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 05-February 17

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

I'm sure that the internals of the engine can take the horsepower.  But Voodoo is the largest displacement FPC on the planet, and everyone has issues with balancing the engine.  It's not simple, and Ford only did it by doing some of it EXTERNALLY.  Ford seems to think that adding HP is risky or they would have done it.  They also have not sold the engine as a component/crate engine for the same reasons.   (Ford Racing/Performance has always considered their brand superchargers retain the original factory warranty.)   Go ahead, but do it at your own risk.So far noone here has volunteered to be first!    And surprisingly, I've not seen a single person here or on other forums claiming to have done so either.       All we see are advertisements from the shops. 

I appreciate your point. Personally I would not buy this car with the intent of adding any form of FI as there are these concerns, balance etc. and the 5.0s are just so ripe for FI. Supercharging these Coyote motors yields some staggering results as I am sure most here are keenly aware of. Just look at what the Roush RS3s produce.

#11 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,931 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

I appreciate your point. Personally I would not buy this car with the intent of adding any form of FI as there are these concerns, balance etc. and the 5.0s are just so ripe for FI. Supercharging these Coyote motors yields some staggering results as I am sure most here are keenly aware of. Just look at what the Roush RS3s produce.

The Coyote 5.2 ought to be even better.

Cheers,
Tony

Current:

Former:

#12 OFFLINE   orange2

orange2

Team Shelby New Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 05-February 17

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

The Coyote 5.2 ought to be even better.

Will that be the Coyote displacement for the 2018 Mustang GT?

#13 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,931 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:15 PM

Will that be the Coyote displacement for the 2018 Mustang GT?

I doubt it.  It's a crate engine.

Edited by twobjshelbys, 17 March 2017 - 05:16 PM.

Cheers,
Tony

Current:

Former:

#14 OFFLINE   07gt500conv

07gt500conv

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,936 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:34 AM

There are some I have read on m6g and have seen in person who have Forced Induction.  Whether it is twin turbo, centrifugal or roots blower, not sure if I am willing to do that (yet).

I am waiting on the longevity to see how this motor holds up to boost.  I have talked with many vendors and some have told me that Ford specifically asked them not to boost the engine as Ford believes it will not stay together long.

I met a guy in Ocala Fl at the 1/2 mile shoot out with a 350R and procharged pushing 8 psi.  He said the car loves it. but he only had 1000 miles on it.

I guess I will just wait

Jim Dombrowski
Apopka Florida

2016 Shelby GT350 (Technology Package)

2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

20160307_100934_HDR_zpsi2vcwbwm.jpg13055082_1195372117164035_70659804865417

#15 OFFLINE   BIKEBOY

BIKEBOY

R.I.P. Cozmo 2000 - 2016

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,221 posts
  • Joined 15-May 06
  • Interests:Some, yes...

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:07 AM

There are some I have read on m6g and have seen in person who have Forced Induction.  Whether it is twin turbo, centrifugal or roots blower, not sure if I am willing to do that (yet).

I am waiting on the longevity to see how this motor holds up to boost.  I have talked with many vendors and some have told me that Ford specifically asked them not to boost the engine as Ford believes it will not stay together long.

I met a guy in Ocala Fl at the 1/2 mile shoot out with a 350R and procharged pushing 8 psi.  He said the car loves it. but he only had 1000 miles on it.

I guess I will just wait

Do it now money bags!!!!! You only live once. :lurk:

33336708173_17d77162a4_m_d.jpg

"My name is Carroll Shelby,

and performance is my business."

#16 OFFLINE   freakyjoe

freakyjoe

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 09-February 16
  • Interests:Cars, computers, snowboarding

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

You accept risk when you add a blower to any engine. Seems as if Ford has designed this car primarily as a road racer appealing to that relatively small number of guys who use Pony Cars in that venue and really don't have much of a market for a S/C configuration. This car is going to be nearly a forgotten entity for the after market product lines once the GT500 takes center stage.

I kind of hope they stop making them in favor of the 500, it will just make our 350s all that more limited and "special"... I love the car and don't think it needs any more performance :)

Edited by freakyjoe, 21 March 2017 - 06:20 AM.

2016 GT350, Black, Track Pack

#17 OFFLINE   freakyjoe

freakyjoe

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 09-February 16
  • Interests:Cars, computers, snowboarding

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

So, I just watched the video and it looks like the Corvette just gave up... how do I get my 350 to sound like that? :)
2016 GT350, Black, Track Pack

#18 OFFLINE   07gt500conv

07gt500conv

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,936 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:11 AM

I kind of hope they stop making them in favor of the 500, it will just make our 350s all that more limited and "special"... I love the car and don't think it needs and my performance :)

No GT500 coming by my sources.  Supposed to be named something else!

Jim Dombrowski
Apopka Florida

2016 Shelby GT350 (Technology Package)

2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

20160307_100934_HDR_zpsi2vcwbwm.jpg13055082_1195372117164035_70659804865417

#19 OFFLINE   Altruism

Altruism

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 16-April 15
  • Interests:Everything 2013/2014 SVT Shelby GT-500..... Aeronautical Science. Flying Aircraft. Multi-Engine Flight Instructing. The Cosmos. Philosophical Conversations with enlightened individuals.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

Great...... glad to hear that the "Next Shelby GT-500" will be named something else. That will just make my '14 Shelby GT-500 that much more exclusive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users