Photo

2017 TS Vegas Bash, your input good or not so good, please post it here.

30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

Team Shelby Administrator

• 826 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06
  • Region:Decline

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

Now that the 2017 Team Shelby Vegas Bash is behind us but still fresh enough for you to have some thoughts to share with us, good or not so good. Also please share what activities you would like to see that we haven't done before.

Ok I'll start.

The good:

• variety of different activities especially for those who do not track.
  • the food although the track lunch was similar to the banquets, we might need to mix it up.
  • sneak peek of a Shelby vehicle Saturday night.
  • Honored guests attending especially the Shelby's and the Ford's

The not so good:

• ticket sales need to go on sale earlier
  • food & drink lines need expanding for quicker service

Future Activities:

• cars under the stars the first night in SAI's parking lot
  • SPP how to tech sessions at SAI 
  • CSF auto-pen sessions

So now its your turn, please give us your input.

Steve

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@Shelby.com

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   groop

groop

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 09-February 16
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:anything with engines

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

Steven

Good idea.  It was my first Bash, so I have no idea how number 10 compared to numbers 1-9, but here's my initial thoughts

The Good

• The location.  Small enough property (for Vegas), reasonably priced.  Close enough to SA headquarters. Off the strip, etc...Close rooftop parking.
  • The activities were great, although for some reason I expected to see more vendors and/or technical demonstrations at some point.  Not sure if this has been tried in the past
  • I really appreciated the hospitality of everyone at SAI that 'let me' back into the inner sanctum of the workshop for photos.  Same could be said about the speakers and SAI staff (thanks Gary!) for their candidness and expanding my knowledge of the Shelby brand
  • The speediness of the registration was the best I've ever seen for such a big group.  The swag bags are very nice

The wish-it-were-a-little-different

• I wish there were inclusive packages for non-track participants.
  • As mentioned, there were lines at every event, whether the bar or the buffet lines
  • Running out of food at the track sucked, as by the time the BBQ came out for the second group, the first group was gone and we never were able to catch up for the ride along the strip.
  • For those of us in the poker run who heard that someone 'won', none of us have no idea what they won, or if there was only one winner. 
  • Kicking myself in the ass for not doing the scavenger hunt, as it looked like that was the most fun group.  I won't make that mistake next year.  I'm already training on a Big Wheel.
  • Some of the events and auctions were planned as fundraisers so it would be nice to know how much money was raised over the weekend.

#3 OFFLINE   39Mustang

39Mustang

Team Shelby Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 2,396 posts
  • Joined 19-November 05
  • Interests:Mustangs, Broncos, Dogs, Sports, Diecast, Traveling, Disney World (grew up in FL its the law!), Hawaii,
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:42 PM

The Bad should be the Food especially at the Track i.e. the cost didn't equal the quality especially the 2nd day. Track Lunch per day was $60 I think for Burgers, Chicken breast, Salad, a couple other and Soda this doesn't add up

The Bad - I ran into non Track people on the parking roof top and some had no idea what they were doing on Saturday and some were doing the Scavenger Hunt as the first 2 people I talked to didn't know anything about it. Need another activity

The Very Bad - Considering Spring Mountain is like 47 miles outside Las Vegas trying to eat and get there by 7.30 is a bit much. Not everyone is a Jackrabbitt

The Bad - If you know the exact number of how many people are registered specially Cars, how do you not come to the event with that number of packages?

I had fun regardless of anything but if you ask for what can be done to improve the next time... here you go

1970 Mustang Convertible 351C 4v Shaker
1973 Mach 1 (Father's - original owner) - Restomod
1973 Mustang Convertible Q-code 351CJ Ram-Air
1992 SAAC MKI
2008 Shelby GT/SC (Griggs Suspension)

2008 Shelby GT500KR

2011 Shelby GT350 45th Annv.
2016 Shelby Terlingua​

2004 Ford F150 Lightning
2014 Ford F150 Raptor - ​For Sale only 2,034 miles  ​SOLD

everything is always For Sale

#4 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• 826 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:04 PM

Steven

Good idea.  It was my first Bash, so I have no idea how number 10 compared to numbers 1-9, but here's my initial thoughts

The Good

• The location.  Small enough property (for Vegas), reasonably priced.  Close enough to SA headquarters. Off the strip, etc...Close rooftop parking.
  • The activities were great, although for some reason 1) I expected to see more vendors and/or technical demonstrations at some point.  Not sure if this has been tried in the past
  • I really appreciated the hospitality of everyone at SAI that 'let me' back into the inner sanctum of the workshop for photos.  Same could be said about the speakers and SAI staff (thanks Gary!) for their candidness and expanding my knowledge of the Shelby brand
  • The speediness of the registration was the best I've ever seen for such a big group.  The swag bags are very nice

• 2) I wish there were inclusive packages for non-track participants.
  • As mentioned, there were lines at every event, whether the bar or the buffet lines
  • 3) Running out of food at the track sucked, as by the time the BBQ came out for the second group, the first group was gone and we never were able to catch up for the ride along the strip.
  • For those of us in the poker run who heard that someone 'won', none of us have no idea what they won, or if there was only one winner. 
  • Kicking myself in the ass for not doing the scavenger hunt, as it looked like that was the most fun group.  I won't make that mistake next year.  I'm already training on a Big Wheel.
  • 4) Some of the events and auctions were planned as fundraisers so it would be nice to know how much money was raised over the weekend.

1) The first Bash in 2008 we had vendors displaying their goods at the track. Something we should look into bringing back.

2) We've made great progress on that but can always do more. This is why I'm suggesting SPP tech/install sessions.

3) First I heard of this. Hasn't happened in the past so it must be related to the Poker run.

4) Yes perhaps we could produce some sort of end of Bash letter with that info along with a list of winners form the poker run, scav. hunt & car show.

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• 826 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:12 PM

The Bad should be the Food especially at the Track i.e. the cost didn't equal the quality especially the 2nd day. 1) Track Lunch per day was $60 I think for Burgers, Chicken breast, Salad, a couple other and Soda this doesn't add up

The Bad - I ran into non Track people on the parking roof top and some had no idea what they were doing on Saturday and some were doing the Scavenger Hunt as the first 2 people I talked to didn't know anything about it. Need another activity

The Very Bad - 2) Considering Spring Mountain is like 47 miles outside Las Vegas trying to eat and get there by 7.30 is a bit much. Not everyone is a Jackrabbitt

The Bad - If you know the exact number of how many people are registered specially 3) Cars, how do you not come to the event with that number of packages?

I had fun regardless of anything but if you ask for what can be done to improve the next time... here you go

Carl,

1) The track lunch should have been $25 each day. If you participated in the poker run and/or scav hunt the cost was more.

2) Understand the distance to the track but Spring Mountain is where it is but we hear you and others about the distance.

3) Not sure I'm following on this, did you not receive something you paid for?

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#6 ONLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
  • Interests:Fast cars
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:21 PM

2) Understand the distance to the track but Spring Mountain is where it is but we hear you and others about the distance.

Steve, is the track at the south end (where the new C&C is) a possible alternative?  Spring Mountain is so much fun though!

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#7 OFFLINE   HUBBSTER

HUBBSTER

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Shelby's, Ford GT, GT40,

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

I had a great time. Can't wait to go back. Vegas is always fun.

A few items I'd change

Hotel on strip would be nice. I don't play Bingo so not interested.

I love Spring Mountain but the short configuration we were on was so short I'd get my GT into 3rd gear for a few seconds on back straight.

I'd really prefer a longer configuration.

The dinner at Shelby museum was AWESOME!!!!

Here I am w Danny Koker & my Grid Girls the Hubbell Bubbles. They had fun too.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5375.JPG

#8 OFFLINE   Z-man

Z-man

Team Shelby Member

• 1,667 posts
  • Joined 03-May 06
  • Region:Northeast

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:26 AM

I love Spring Mountain but the short configuration we were on was so short I'd get my GT into 3rd gear for a few seconds on back straight.

HUBBSTER-

Hopefully someone invited you to join us in June at Summit Point, WV for the Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals. Summit Point Main is a 10-turn, 2.0-mile (3.2 km) road course that features a 2,900-foot (880 m) main straight. That ought to get your motor revving!

Z-man

2008 GT500 - Vista Blue w/ Performance White Stripes
Orange FAI Stripes across front fenders and hood
Signed Shelby Dash Plaque________________Shelby Automobiles GT500 License Plate Frame
Satin Finish Quarter Window Trim___________ Satin Finish Tail-light Bezels
Sequential Tail-lights (CDC)_______________ White Face Gage Cluster (US Speedo)
Flowmaster Axel-back Exhaust______________GT500 Embroidered Floor Mats & Trunk Mat (Lloyd)
"Shorty" Antenna________________________Front Brake Bezels (JLT)
Hood Lifter Kit (CDC)_____________________KR Strut Tower Brace (Painted to match car)
Radiator Cover (Bangastang)_______________Cervini Lower Quarter Side Scoops
Custom Painted Coil Covers_______________Billet Engine Cap Set
JLT Carbon Fiber CAI_____________________Carbon Fiber CAI Heat Shield
Painted Rear Axle / Differential_____________Lower Rear Control Arms (UMI)
Lowering Springs (Eibach)________________ Adj. Upper Rear Control Arm (UMI)
Struts / Shocks (Eibach)__________________Upper Rear Control Arm Mount (UMI)
Sway Bars (Eibach)______________________Adj. Panhard Bar (UMI)
Urethane Bushings (Eibach)_______________Camber Cam Bolts (BRM)
Oil Separator (JLT)_______________________Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter
2.60" Metco Super charger Pulley____________Metco/Shelby 90mm Aux Idler Pulley & Bracket
SCT Tuner with BAMA Tunes

Clutch TSB Performed 7/2/12 - 7/5/12 by Fred Beans Ford of Boyertown, PA

GT500forSig_zps0c1b64c4.jpg

CSforSig_zpsc5ad1b6f.jpg    Z-manLogoforSig_zps870b99c3.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• 826 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:11 AM

Steve, is the track at the south end (where the new C&C is) a possible alternative?  Spring Mountain is so much fun though!

Tony, I believe Speed Vegas has been discussed but don't forget availability & cost are big factors in deciding which track to use.

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#10 OFFLINE   HUBBSTER

HUBBSTER

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 13-March 17
  • Interests:Shelby's, Ford GT, GT40,

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

Thanks but WV is a long haul from MIA & it's not Vegas either .
see you guys at Homestead later this year.

#11 OFFLINE   ShelbyKR664

ShelbyKR664

ShelbyKR664

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,469 posts
  • Joined 13-June 11
  • Interests:Family, Shelby Mustangs, Restoring vintage Mustangs, Golf, Landscape Architecture , Fantasy Baseball
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:04 AM

What about proposing a later date for the event. I personally would have a better shot at attending if it was held in April.
CSM# 08KR0664 Silver/Blue 181 of 476 Purchased May 12, 2013 Delivered June 3, 2013.Shaker 1000, LED interior lighting, KR Billet engine caps Moroso fuse box cover and aluminum radiator tank, Shelby GT500KR MC brake cover, 20" Alcoa "Shelby Forged" 20 x 9 x 4 GT500KR center caps Sumitomo HRTZ III 275/35/20! Carbon fiber rear splash guards made by TruFiber, Shelby Redline Elites low pressure hood struts, stainless bolt kit engine bay! Shelby GT500KR trunk liner , Shelby billet GT500KR fuel door! Billet shorty antenna, billet cup cover delete! sequential tail light kit! CS transmission cooler, Ford Performance adjustable pan-hard bar, CSM number KR door sill plates.Future Mods:Functional: Shelby Watts link, Shelby 3 gauge dash pod, Brembo F&R 14" rotor upgrade, FR TVS power upgrade. Cosmetic: CF rockers, radiator cover, CF center console cover, KR shifter ball

#12 OFFLINE   MMcGuirk

MMcGuirk

Team Shelby Member

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 3,344 posts
  • Joined 03-December 07
  • Interests:Everything automotive, NHL, NCAAF, German Shepherd dogs

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:13 AM

Steven

The Good

• The activities were great, although for some reason I expected to see more vendors and/or technical demonstrations at some point.  Not sure if this has been tried in the past

• I wish there were inclusive packages for non-track participants.
  • Running out of food at the track sucked, as by the time the BBQ came out for the second group, the first group was gone and we never were able to catch up for the ride along the strip.
  • Some of the events and auctions were planned as fundraisers so it would be nice to know how much money was raised over the weekend.

The CSF fund raising was very successful. The donation total is still being tabulated and will be announced

TEAM SHELBY PACIFIC REGION DIRECTOR
Team Shelby member 906

2011 Shelby GT350 - CSM113500040
624 HP, 604.6 RWHP Watt's Link, Partial painted stripes, Museum delivery 4/6/11 Tremec Magnum XL 2013 Rehagen Racing Boss 302 track car

#13 OFFLINE   MMcGuirk

MMcGuirk

Team Shelby Member

• 3,344 posts
  • Joined 03-December 07

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:14 AM

What about proposing a later date for the event. I personally would have a better shot at attending if it was held in April.

Weather starts to get hotter and as our activities are all outside this changes the comfort level for all

Team Shelby member 906

624 HP, 604.6 RWHP Watt's Link, Partial painted stripes, Museum delivery 4/6/11 Tremec Magnum XL 2013 Rehagen Racing Boss 302 track car

#14 OFFLINE   MMcGuirk

MMcGuirk

Team Shelby Member

• 3,344 posts
  • Joined 03-December 07

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

The Speedvegas track is too small. 

Everyone loves Spring Mountain. It is one of the finest facilities anywhere.

If the drive is too much, rent a condo at the track for Thursday and Friday

Team Shelby member 906

#15 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• 826 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

Understand your position and although the weather in Vegas is still quite nice in April the biggest problem is scheduling conflicts. Once April hits we are at the start of car show season and are already on the road heading to Florida and continue to criss-cross the Country until October when we're back home in Vegas for Barrett-Jackson and then SEMA.

At least we've gotten away from the 2nd week in January Bashes as those were brutal all around.

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#16 OFFLINE   f2redpot

f2redpot

Too Much Fun

• Southern Plains Region
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 09-January 13
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Track
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

So my umbrella comment for everything is that this was by far the best of the 4 different Bash's I have attended. Track was great, social events were of the highest caliber, guest appearances were awesome. 

That being said, my hopefully helpful comments for future consideration:

LA event - I miss the days when we took the back roads on the Run to Shelby Bash. I know there is a lot involved with the pre-party in LA, but I wish we could avoid city traffic and highways. Petersen museum was amazing, but just a tough location to get 100 cars out of, through town and trying to stay together. Calico was awesome! Would have loved to have more time there. 

Hotel - perfect location in relation to Shelby American, the road that leads to Spring Mountain, and on same side of town as Speed Vegas. Parking garage was a good hike from the hotel, but I needed the exercise. 

Social events - super nice and classy, something I am not use to. Food and drink were great, entertainment was very fun. I would like to have had all the cars involved more. Spectacular venues, but all of the beautiful cars were no where to be seen. I really enjoyed the past events when we had burgers and dogs and live band outside with all the cars. Agree with earlier comments on availability of bars to keep the line shorter. Space and event staff are always a tough constraint. 

Track traffic - the paddock was way over crowded with vehicles that did not need to be there. Other than the actual track cars and the trucks/trailers, there was no reason to have so many non-participants, mini-vans and SUVs driving through the paddock, parking next to someone's gear. There should be a designated parking area for "tourists" that come to the track. I had heard there was a little bit of confusion and congestion when the Poker run group arrived, but there was plenty of other unnecessary traffic apart from that group.

Staff - Not enough can be said as to how much hard work went into to planning and executing the event. All the TS staff and volunteers were so friendly and helpful. Even when there was an issue with my registration, Tracey and Laura were all over it and had me squared away within just a couple minutes. I would have enjoyed having the opportunity to chat with more of the Shelby American folks, like sales team and parts folks at the social events. I was fortunate to catch Gary and Vince for a quick chat, but they are obviously busy and have plenty of folks that want to talk with them also. I had a great conversation with Jason Harlow, Steve, Jenni, and Brianne after the car show. I am bummed I didn't get a chance to chat with Jeremy Sparkman while I was in town, considering how much I keep his phone line busy the rest of the year. 

Great seeing everyone, old faces and new! 

#17 ONLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

Weather starts to get hotter and as our activities are all outside this changes the comfort level for all

There is a trade off to be made for the temperatures in Vegas and the timing of weather crossing over the continental divide.  These dates (when I lived in Colorado and contemplated attending) were always snowed out for me.  I wouldn't even try to cross over I70 that time of year.   I tried it once towing my SGT and it was very nearly a disaster.  At this time of year even a few weeks makes a difference.  And with the normal temps in the 70's to low 80's through the end of March that's still not too bad.

The Speedvegas track is too small. 

Everyone loves Spring Mountain. It is one of the finest facilities anywhere.

If the drive is too much, rent a condo at the track for Thursday and Friday

Yes, I could see that the SpeedVegas track.  In looking at aerials it also is perhaps too simple for the more advanced drivers.  There is no doubt Spring Mountain is one of the best tracks for these kinds of events ANYWHERE, let alone in Vegas.  The old Miller track is the only one I can think of that comes close.

I also expect that having the event be on the same weekend as NASCAR makes the track availability EASIER and that may be a deciding factor.   If that is indeed the case, then why not just make the bash be NASCAR weekend?  It would make it more predicable and easier for people to plan their time off etc.

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#18 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• 826 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

Austin,

It was nice talking with you after the car show, wish we could have chatted longer but as you saw we were under a deadline cleaning up the Heritage center so all the cars could be moved back in time for the Monday morning crowds. And yes I mean crowds, we were pleasantly surprised by the number of Nascar enthusiasts who came by to see us before leaving Vegas Monday morning.

I too would like to see the return of the first night meet & greet in SAI's parking lot where we can mingle around the cars. The Silverton Banquet room was nice but too many people remained at their table which resulted in not too much mingling.

I'm in agreement with you on the Paddock area, access to that area should be more controlled.

In a nutshell everything to do with the Bash is a compromise. Some want a fancier hotel, others want a cheaper hotel. Some want a smaller & closer track, others want the biggest track available no matter how far away. Some want one type of food, others want a different type of food. Overall Tracey and her team have put together the best TS Bashes ever and yes even better than the first Bash when you consider the monetary constraints her team is under.

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#19 OFFLINE   Cali_KR

Cali_KR

King of the Road

• Team Shelby State Director
  • 5,001 posts
  • Joined 14-September 07
  • Interests:Anything, everything!
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

So my umbrella comment for everything is that this was by far the best of the 4 different Bash's I have attended. Track was great, social events were of the highest caliber, guest appearances were awesome. 

That being said, my hopefully helpful comments for future consideration:

LA event - I miss the days when we took the back roads on the Run to Shelby Bash. I know there is a lot involved with the pre-party in LA, but I wish we could avoid city traffic and highways. Petersen museum was amazing, but just a tough location to get 100 cars out of, through town and trying to stay together. Calico was awesome! Would have loved to have more time there. 

Hotel - perfect location in relation to Shelby American, the road that leads to Spring Mountain, and on same side of town as Speed Vegas. Parking garage was a good hike from the hotel, but I needed the exercise. 

Social events - super nice and classy, something I am not use to. Food and drink were great, entertainment was very fun. I would like to have had all the cars involved more. Spectacular venues, but all of the beautiful cars were no where to be seen. I really enjoyed the past events when we had burgers and dogs and live band outside with all the cars. Agree with earlier comments on availability of bars to keep the line shorter. Space and event staff are always a tough constraint. 

Track traffic - the paddock was way over crowded with vehicles that did not need to be there. Other than the actual track cars and the trucks/trailers, there was no reason to have so many non-participants, mini-vans and SUVs driving through the paddock, parking next to someone's gear. There should be a designated parking area for "tourists" that come to the track. I had heard there was a little bit of confusion and congestion when the Poker run group arrived, but there was plenty of other unnecessary traffic apart from that group.

Staff - Not enough can be said as to how much hard work went into to planning and executing the event. All the TS staff and volunteers were so friendly and helpful. Even when there was an issue with my registration, Tracey and Laura were all over it and had me squared away within just a couple minutes. I would have enjoyed having the opportunity to chat with more of the Shelby American folks, like sales team and parts folks at the social events. I was fortunate to catch Gary and Vince for a quick chat, but they are obviously busy and have plenty of folks that want to talk with them also. I had a great conversation with Jason Harlow, Steve, Jenni, and Brianne after the car show. I am bummed I didn't get a chance to chat with Jeremy Sparkman while I was in town, considering how much I keep his phone line busy the rest of the year. 

Austin,

GREAT to see you again amigo...

This BASH was epic, and I've been to all 10!

The LA (Petersen) to LV component was to replicate the same run as the first year.

Those other blasts through the desert were never an official part of the BASH, rather a pre-BASH warmup organized by the TSPCR.

Michael and I will discuss next year in the fall, right now, we are gearing up for NorCal SAAC Mini-Nats/Team Shelby West Coast Nationals in August.

Other than a few minor bumps, this years BASH was perfect, from start to finish.

Raising (or even maintaining) the bar for next year, will be a challenge, but Tracey has a great team under her.

Until next time my friend,

Motor on,

Tom

2012 Shelby Run Europe Participant 8 countries covering 3148 (s)miles
2008 GT500KR #552, Silver/Blue, fully optioned. CS signed visor, 2012 50th Anniversary Shelby Bash Car Show 'class' Award Winner
1968 GT500KR, owned since 1991. 62k orig mile car * 85th Birthday Bash Car Show Award Winner * * SAAC-35 popular vote 1st. Place Award Winner *

Past important rides....to me anyways...
1965 Sunbeam Tiger MK1 (260 V-8)
1966 Mustang GT
1967 Mustang Fastback (289)
1968 Mustang Coupe (289, track car built to replicate Trans Am B-prod)
1969 Mustang conv. (302)
1965 Corvette conv. (327)
1970 Dodge RT Challenger (383 Magnum)
1975 Trans Am (400ci 4sp)
1979 Mustang Indy Pace car (5.0L)
1986 Corvette Indy Pace Car convertible
1989 Mustang LX 5.0L
2001 Mustang Bullitt
2006 Shelby GT-H #368
2008 GT500 Ebony Convertible/Alloy stripe/black w/red seats (every option) * 2010 Shelby Bash Car Show Award Winner *
2009 GT500KR, #551, 1 of 14 in Red/Silver as equipped
2012 Boss 302 #1212
Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region State DirectorTeam Shelby Member since Day One
Shelby American Automobile Club member since 1981
NorCal SAAC Member since 1985
Facebook page, Global Auto Source "Placing unique cars with the unique people who seek them"
www.myclassiccars.net

#20 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 1,109 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12
  • Interests:.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

Edited by sheppd01, 21 March 2017 - 02:10 AM.

1_zpshx0cikmu.jpg

Team Shelby State Director West Virginia

Bored 20 Over                             1 7/8 Headers 3" H pipe

Ported heads / valves / intake     JLP Custom Cams / Cobra Jet Crank

Manley Pistons / H beams          Mongul Rod / Main Bearings

ARP Studs                                   KB Inner Cooler / Triple Pass Heat Exchanger

15% Overdrive Pulley                  Melling Oil Pump

McLeod Clutch

#21 OFFLINE   msmap

msmap

proud mom of a Wounded Warrior

• Southern Plains Region
  • 5,562 posts
  • Joined 26-March 07
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:my family, my friends, my Shelby
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:25 PM

How about a meeting up in Scotsdale for the cruise to Las Vegas? I avoid LA traffic in the Shelbys at all cost.
Closer for the east coast too!

Edited by msmap, 21 March 2017 - 06:13 PM.

Sherri

2007 Shelby GT500
CSM 07XL0417 (Bud's last)
#2215 of 2695 verts
#266 of 325 Performance White verts
ordered 3/27/07
built 4/17/07
home 4/27/2007

2007 Shelby Hertz Rent A Racer
CSM 07H465

Other stablemates:
#1143 of 6381 SVT 2001 Lightnings
Oxford White
Born 2/21/01
#939 of 1000 1994 Cobra Indy Pace cars
Saddle on Red
Born on 4/15/94
1969 Mach 1
Indian Fire
Born on 1/20/69

If you don't stand behind our troops,
please feel free to stand in front of them.

#22 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• 826 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

The paddock at the track was way over crowded. 

Thank you for your input. The track paddock will be discussed in depth as the comments & track photos do show a problem that should have be handled right then and there.

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#23 OFFLINE   MMcGuirk

MMcGuirk

Team Shelby Member

• 3,344 posts
  • Joined 03-December 07

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

The track paddock inputs are duly noted.

We will strive next year to do a better job of laying out and organizing the pit set up for track participants.

Thank you

Michael

Team Shelby member 906

#24 OFFLINE   07gt500conv

07gt500conv

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,875 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:22 AM

Had a great time.

The staff and volunteers did a great job and just want to say Thank you to all  :hat_tip:

Jim Dombrowski
Apopka Florida

2016 Shelby GT350 (Technology Package)

2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

20160307_100934_HDR_zpsi2vcwbwm.jpg13055082_1195372117164035_70659804865417

#25 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 6,466 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
  • Interests:Cars, wakeboarding, fishing & family
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

This was a great Bash and I have attended 8. Staff and volunteers did a great job.

Cars under the stars reception would be nice again. Weather permitting

How about all those photos taken by photographer Steve. Maybe a photo booklet could be produced for purchase like several years ago. A portion of the proceeds could go to the CSF.

Lines for food at the Spped Vegas were Long. That may not have been helped as the same was at Shelby. However, One Line was through tables causing an issue for folks to sit. . I moved the line so folks at our table could sit down and eat. Lines needed some coordination. Deserts were cookies, cookies, cookies. Please change that. The BB-Q vendor at Speed Vegas was great IMO.

I think the Silverton is a good location related to the track, Shelby American etc. it is not so large and easy to navigate.

Nice to see the CSF being promoted as I am sure it's a challenge with CS passing. That said, CSF promote by sharing where donations are going. This will help in soliciting on-going & future donations. Non profits usually toot their horn on where donations are going and accomplishments. CSF should do the same. Yes, agree with auto-pen session if this is possible

For consideration: Any way Las Vegas finest could assist with the snakes on the strip if this is done again. It would be nice to have a coordinated staging area near the north end to start from so all Shelbys could be in one group. That said, considering the challenge without a staging area and traffic control, it went well. Heck I was in second row first pack. Just thinking if we could get some law enforcement help to get the entire group of participants together at the start of this event it could be epic and even more impressive.

Again, nicely done TS staff and volunteers.
Harald #50

CSM 06H0050: Registered as a Shelby GT-H/SC
Black CS 69 w/ 255/45/18 & 285/40/18 Continental DW Extreme Contact
Lower Billet Grill
Air Bag Signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson, Cleo Shelby & Akos Feher
40th Anniversary Signature Floor Mats w/ Gold Stripes
Shelby GT Plus & Eradispeed 14" brakes & S/S brake lines
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
SAI installed polished Paxton SC # 0066 w/ GT 500 fuel pump
GT-H/SC side stripes
Shelby gauges & gauge pod
424RWHP 367 Torque
KR rear end expansion tank
2009 Shelby Bash top 20 winner
2011 Bash In & Out cruise recognition plaque
Painted over the top stripes
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
2014 Vegas Bash Show & Shine Class Winner 2015, 2016 Shelby American Las Vegas Bash Top 25 car show Award

The race is run, the flag unfurled, the champion now will rest.
God speed, Carroll Shelby, we will never forget you.
CARROLL H SHELBY

Jan. 11, 1923 May 10, 2012

http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/030.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/035.jpg
http://i414.photobuc...8/06h50/037.jpg

#26 OFFLINE   07gt500conv

07gt500conv

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,875 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Anything

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:40 AM

:read:

Jim Dombrowski
Apopka Florida

2016 Shelby GT350 (Technology Package)

2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

20160307_100934_HDR_zpsi2vcwbwm.jpg13055082_1195372117164035_70659804865417

#27 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 6,466 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

The other option for the cruise on the strip absent traffic control by LE may be to group/form up at the south end and travel north to Sahara. That may be easier to get all together at least for the start up.
Harald #50

Lower Billet Grill
Air Bag Signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson, Cleo Shelby & Akos Feher
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
GT-H/SC side stripes
424RWHP 367 Torque
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood
2014 Vegas Bash Show & Shine Class Winner 2015, 2016 Shelby American Las Vegas Bash Top 25 car show Award

CARROLL H SHELBY

#28 ONLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:07 AM

For consideration: Any way Las Vegas finest could assist with the snakes on the strip if this is done again. It would be nice to have a coordinated staging area near the north end to start from so all Shelbys could be in one group. That said, considering the challenge without a staging area and traffic control, it went well. Heck I was in second row first pack. Just thinking if we could get some law enforcement help to get the entire group of participants together at the start of this event it could be epic and even more impressive.

I got to be in the strip drives for the Barrett Jackson auctions. Note that this drive was all the way from the convention center to the Mandalay Bay, with no stops.   Then BJ and Gaudin Ford switched to a Saturday AM car show at Gaudin Ford.    I asked Gary Bennett why and they said the cost of all the police officers to coordinate the closing of the cross streets was just too expensive and disruptive to the strip traffic flows.  I haven't head of any such events for quite some time.  They do close the strip in total for some events like New Years Eve, and it's totally closed with no traffic,  but no for a single "user" and especially the "rolling window" that those parades got. 

Cheers,
Tony

Current:

Former:

#29 OFFLINE   sealface

sealface

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Northwest Region
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 19-July 16
  • Region:Pacific Northwest
  • Interests:horsepower and suspension

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:37 PM

Tracey and her team were extremely helpful as this was my first Bash. It was a GREAT bucket list experience. Thank you to all Bash staff. The cars were amazing, the people fun and the events were interesting. Thanks again. Steve from Seattle

#30 OFFLINE   H0050

H0050

H0050

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 6,466 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:39 AM

I got to be in the strip drives for the Barrett Jackson auctions. Note that this drive was all the way from the convention center to the Mandalay Bay, with no stops.   Then BJ and Gaudin Ford switched to a Saturday AM car show at Gaudin Ford.    I asked Gary Bennett why and they said the cost of all the police officers to coordinate the closing of the cross streets was just too expensive and disruptive to the strip traffic flows.  I haven't head of any such events for quite some time.  They do close the strip in total for some events like New Years Eve, and it's totally closed with no traffic,  but no for a single "user" and especially the "rolling window" that those parades got. 

Ya, I am sure it could be expensive even just for short traffic control like funeral processions.  That said, it went well on our own just lost a group due to slow traffic coming back from the track.  That is why maybe starting at the south end would work at least to get the whole group all together at start up.  Stop lights will surely create separate waves of cars but that's kinda cool also.  This was not really part of the Bash but rather a fun add on.   

Harald #50

Lower Billet Grill
Sequential Tail lights
GTH Billet Fluid Caps
GT-H/SC side stripes
424RWHP 367 Torque
Terlingua Deep Draw Hood

CARROLL H SHELBY

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users