47 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Shelby65_mustang

Shelby65_mustang

Shelby65_mustang

• Great Lakes Region
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 09-August 07
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Anything to do with Shelbys, car shows, and all car collecting interests which include Mustangs, especially Shelby's and the honorable Carroll Shelby himself.

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

I have recently added a post for a friend who has a 2008 GT500 KR for sale.

You can find it under the GT500 Classifieds.

Art and Bev's Mustangs (Currently)
1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2, Candy Apple Red with White Shelby stripes, red and white pony interior, and '66 back windows. 289, automatic- original, early production fastback.

1967 Mustang Fastback 2+2, 351 Cleveland and 4 speed manual transmission. Candy Apple Red, with Red interior. Many modifications for racing.

Our latest & Yes, it is a SHELBY!!!
2007 Shelby GT500, 40th Anniversary Upgrade package at Shelby American Las Vegas, NV #169. Red with Silver stripes, Silver razors wheels, Black with Red inserts custom interior.

#2 OFFLINE   08krrick

08krrick

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Joined 03-October 11
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:46 AM

where?

#3 ONLINE   orange2

orange2

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 05-February 17
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:cars

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

I have recently added a post for a friend who has a 2008 GT500 KR for sale.

You can find it under the GT500 Classifieds.

http://www.ebay.com/...LZYzDlm&vxp=mtr    Note: the car in this completed auction has 641 miles, your buddies is 6,600. He would surely take low 50s but won't get that #. These cars are always for sale and not hot items any more.

Edited by orange2, 05 April 2017 - 12:58 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   carnut12

carnut12

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 3,060 posts
  • Joined 17-February 07
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:Family, Cars, Golf

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...LZYzDlm&vxp=mtr    Note: the car in this completed auction has 641 miles, your buddies is 6,600. He would surely take low 50s but won't get that #. These cars are always for sale and not hot items any more.

I thought his was shipped to get the 40th package???  Or am I wrong and it is just a 40th year and a KR?

07 Shelby GT # 5696 White, Charcoal Interior and Dash, 5-Speed, IUP, Anti-theft, Wheel Locks, Sirius, Shaker 1000, Heated Seats, Shelby Signature Mats, Shelby License Plate Holder, Lower Billet Grill, Silverhorse Cup Holder, Shifter Bezel, Climate Knobs, E-brake Handle, door handles, Mirror Control Knob, lock pockets and pins, and Window Switch Plates, Clear Turn Signals, Shelby Kicker Speaker System, Shorty Antenna, Shelby Engine Caps, Shelby CS69 20" Staggered Wheels, Updated Hood Pins, Shelby Headrest Covers & Armrest Cover, Sequential Tail Lights
Back from Tasca on 03-25-09-550HP Whipple, Brake Upgrade, Shelby Gauges, Blue Ford Racing Valve Covers, Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft- 495 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FR500S Exhaust and Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 ONLINE   stngfever

stngfever

Team Shelby Michigan Director

• Team Shelby State Director
  • 1,558 posts
  • Joined 27-August 08
  • Interests:Tracking one of My Shelby's

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:15 PM

Seriously your stuff is beyond old, find some other forums Wheaties to take a leak in! 

I thought his was shipped to get the 40th package???  Or am I wrong and it is just a 40th year and a KR?

The 08 KR's had badges that shows 1968-2008 40th Anniversary

Not to be confused with the 40th anniversary package available for only the 2007 GT-500.

Edited by stngfever, 05 April 2017 - 04:11 PM.

Team Shelby Great Lakes Region
Michigan Director

gallery_22226_698_123667.jpg

#6 ONLINE   orange2

orange2

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 05-February 17

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

Seriously your stuff is beyond old, find some other forums Wheaties to take a leak in! 

The 08 KR's had badges that shows 1968-2008 40th Anniversary

Not to be confused with the 40th anniversary package available for only the 2007 GT-500.

Low 50s for a KR many years old when scores of them sold for that new after they sat and were severely discounted to clear the market. Just keepin it real Dude, go piss in your own Wheaties fool. Stop living in a Ford fantasy land where all this stuff is an "investment'. LOL!

#7 OFFLINE   powersturbo

powersturbo

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 22-September 13
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:51 PM

Orange you glad I didn't say banana again.

#8 ONLINE   orange2

orange2

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 05-February 17

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:02 AM

Orange you glad I didn't say banana again.

The first amendment is still in place to my knowledge. KRs were purchased new in the low 50s. A friend of mine did just that @ $53,500, 9 miles on the clock. Why would anyone pay that seven or eight years later?

#9 OFFLINE   Secondo

Secondo

Stangs Unleashed and Team Shelby Member since 2006

• Northeast Region
  • 7,796 posts
  • Joined 08-September 06
  • Interests:Raising my 3 boys!!

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

Because KR's hold their value and people are willing to pay that much for them. You and I wouldn't, but some want the low volume exclusivity.

2014 Mustang GT Track Pack, driven and raced

TNiA_Palmer_20160818%20Cropped%20640x384

#10 OFFLINE   DrHawkeye

DrHawkeye

Team Shelby Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 1,098 posts
  • Joined 15-November 12
  • Interests:Shelby's, astronomy, computer gaming, X-Men/Wolverine, heavy metal

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

The first amendment is still in place to my knowledge. KRs were purchased new in the low 50s. A friend of mine did just that @ $53,500, 9 miles on the clock. Why would anyone pay that seven or eight years later?

A car's value is only what someone is willing to pay for it.  Apparently your friend felt that was worth paying.  You may disagree, but your friend didn't.  That should be an argument you're having with him, not with us here, since we aren't involved in the decision.

#11 ONLINE   orange2

orange2

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 05-February 17

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:42 PM

•  

A car's value is only what someone is willing to pay for it.  Apparently your friend felt that was worth paying.  You may disagree, but your friend didn't.  That should be an argument you're having with him, not with us here, since we aren't involved in the decision.

I agree with the value statement. My friend paid $53,000 for a KR, new, from the dealer.  many years ago and yes that what it must have been worth at that point in time, 53K not its 83K sticker. I've seen used KRs go in the very low 40s with fewer miles.

Edited by orange2, 13 April 2017 - 01:43 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   DrHawkeye

DrHawkeye

Team Shelby Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 1,098 posts
  • Joined 15-November 12

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:24 AM

•  

I agree with the value statement. My friend paid $53,000 for a KR, new, from the dealer.  many years ago and yes that what it must have been worth at that point in time, 53K not its 83K sticker. I've seen used KRs go in the very low 40s with fewer miles.

For those selling in the 40s, either the buyer got a GREAT deal, or the seller lost a bunch of money and didn't get what he coulda got.  But since both parties agreed to the price, then both musta thought it to be fair.  But that doesn't mean that another seller or buyer will see things the same way.  Can't apply what person x did to person y.

#13 OFFLINE   blk12svt

blk12svt

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 293 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12
  • Region:Other
  • Interests:Boss , Cobra Jet and Shelby Mustangs

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:43 AM

Looks like speedyman / sideoiler / applejack or whatever is back....  He just can't resist telling a KR owner his car isn't worth what he thinks, dude.

#14 ONLINE   orange2

orange2

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 05-February 17

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:48 AM

For those selling in the 40s, either the buyer got a GREAT deal, or the seller lost a bunch of money and didn't get what he coulda got.  But since both parties agreed to the price, then both musta thought it to be fair.  But that doesn't mean that another seller or buyer will see things the same way.  Can't apply what person x did to person y.

A guy who sells his KR in the 40s is selling for what he can get. He would sell it for more if it were offered, obviously it was not. It makes absolutely no difference what so ever how much a seller paid when he bought the car. This has no effect on current market values for a specific place and time. The average 14 year old would know this. Amazing, how hard is it for some enthusiasts to comprehend that the fact that late model cars depreciate.

#15 OFFLINE   DrHawkeye

DrHawkeye

Team Shelby Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 1,098 posts
  • Joined 15-November 12

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:39 AM

A guy who sells his KR in the 40s is selling for what he can get. He would sell it for more if it were offered, obviously it was not. It makes absolutely no difference what so ever how much a seller paid when he bought the car. This has no effect on current market values for a specific place and time. The average 14 year old would know this. Amazing, how hard is it for some enthusiasts to comprehend that the fact that late model cars depreciate.

Then why are cars from the '60s being sold for WAY more than sticker prices?  I don't hear anybody complain when a '65 Mustang is sold for 20K.

#16 ONLINE   orange2

orange2

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 05-February 17

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:00 PM

Then why are cars from the '60s being sold for WAY more than sticker prices?  I don't hear anybody complain when a '65 Mustang is sold for 20K.

Late model GT500s, KRs, Z06s, etc. are new enough that they are depreciating with no value safety net under them regardless of what some internet experts believe. They will depreciate for the next 30-40-70 years. NOBODY knows. We do know that 60s Mustangs and Mucsle Cars in general from that era have appreciated after many years of expected depreciation. A

65 Mustang's appreciation to current levels in various conditions is reality but does not predict or in any way guarantee that the late model GT500/KRs will do likewise. It is possible but absolutely NOT guaranteed. Waaaay to many variables in the next 40 years.

#17 OFFLINE   08krrick

08krrick

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Joined 03-October 11
  • Region:Mountain

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

Who cares what they will be worth 40 years from now. I'll be dead by then. Using my KR up now and enjoying every mile and minute. just rolled over 20K on the clock. Hope I live long enough to see 100K but would probably have to move out of snow country to get there.

#18 OFFLINE   NZ Shelby KR

NZ Shelby KR

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 01-July 14
  • Interests:CSM No.09KR0343
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:35 PM

blk12svt

Exactly what I thought too. Same style.

#19 OFFLINE   blk12svt

blk12svt

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 293 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:50 AM

blk12svt

Exactly what I thought too. Same style.

Yep, no matter the current user name, you can tell by the speech patterns.  He says KR's will depreciate for the next 30-40-70 years....  I don't think I've ever read a more asinine statement on the internet.  

#20 ONLINE   orange2

orange2

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 05-February 17

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:59 AM

Yep, no matter the current user name, you can tell by the speech patterns.  He says KR's will depreciate for the next 30-40-70 years....  I don't think I've ever read a more asinine statement on the internet.  

Oh really? So they are appreciating now?

#21 OFFLINE   DrHawkeye

DrHawkeye

Team Shelby Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 1,098 posts
  • Joined 15-November 12

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:13 AM

Oh really? So they are appreciating now?

I sure appreciate them.  Hoping to get one next year.

#22 ONLINE   orange2

orange2

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 05-February 17

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:43 AM

I sure appreciate them.  Hoping to get one next year.

I appreciate them also, no question about that in my mind. Gorgeous cars, sound great, real head turners with their days as the ultimate to be all, end all of Mustangs long behind them at this point. I'd consider one when they are less than 40K which should be soon if not available in that range now. I'm not looking to buy at 50K and have to take low to mid 30s in a couple years.

#23 OFFLINE   Robert M

Robert M

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Joined 16-April 08

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:23 AM

In the collector car world I call it "paid their dues", because of age. The question is................What did a "used" 1965 Mustang (even a fully optioned GT) sell for when it was 9 or 10 years old in 1974/75? <<That is the comparison.

.................and I understand that back then, the thought of "buying and storing with minimal miles" was not something that many cars experienced in that era, so the now $20K+ 1965 Mustangs all have some miles on them for the most part, and many have been restored and are not original low mile unrestored examples.

Very few specialty/collector cars escape that fact of tech and performance advancements and time itself..............

R

Edited by Robert M, 19 April 2017 - 06:27 AM.

#24 OFFLINE   DrHawkeye

DrHawkeye

Team Shelby Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 1,098 posts
  • Joined 15-November 12

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:24 AM

I appreciate them also, no question about that in my mind. Gorgeous cars, sound great, real head turners with their days as the ultimate to be all, end all of Mustangs long behind them at this point. I'd consider one when they are less than 40K which should be soon if not available in that range now. I'm not looking to buy at 50K and have to take low to mid 30s in a couple years.

When I get my Shelby, there will be no plans to sell it.  I don't flip stuff like some do, so I'm not worried about losing money on a sale, since it won't be sold til after I'm dead.

#25 OFFLINE   DrHawkeye

DrHawkeye

Team Shelby Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 1,098 posts
  • Joined 15-November 12

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:31 AM

In the collector car world I call it "paid their dues", because of age. The question is................What did a "used" 1965 Mustang (even a fully optioned GT) sell for when it was 9 or 10 years old in 1974/75? <<That is the comparison.

.................and I understand that back then, the thought of "buying and storing with minimal miles" was not something that many cars experienced in that era, so the now $20K+ 1965 Mustangs all have some miles on them for the most part, and many have been restored and are not original low mile unrestored examples.

Very few specialty/collector cars escape that fact of tech advancements and time itself..............

R

I got my '64.5 D code for $2700 in 1986.  He was asking 3K, but I talked him down 300 cuz I need to put a stereo in it.  It had just over 100K on the odometer, but the engine was freshly rebuilt.  In the south FL area at that time, prices were right around 3 grand for early Mustangs.  I was also looking at a '66 and I think they were asking about 3500.  So that was 20 years old.  No idea if they had become "collector cars" yet at that time.

#26 OFFLINE   blk12svt

blk12svt

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 293 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:01 AM

In 1980, ten years after they were new, BOSS 302's and BOSS 429's were selling for twice what they sold for new.  In 1971, I bought my first BOSS 302 used for $2200 but by 1975 they were on their way up and bringing 5K.  

#27 OFFLINE   Robert M

Robert M

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Joined 16-April 08

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:03 AM

I got my '64.5 D code for $2700 in 1986.  He was asking 3K, but I talked him down 300 cuz I need to put a stereo in it.  It had just over 100K on the odometer, but the engine was freshly rebuilt.  In the south FL area at that time, prices were right around 3 grand for early Mustangs.  I was also looking at a '66 and I think they were asking about 3500.  So that was 20 years old.  No idea if they had become "collector cars" yet at that time.

My only apples comparison is a 1971 375hp 429 Super Cobra Jet Mach 1 that I bought in 1981, 10 years old, and definitely one of the showroom top performers of its time period . The car originally sold for around $4600 brand new 10 years earlier, I paid $1200 for it in 1981. I bought one very similar to it in 1999 for $14,500 and sold it for $40K in 2008. Somewhere between 1981 (10 years old) and 1999 (18 years old) the price had climbed, but from 1981 ($1200) to 2008 ($40K) the time was almost 30 years, and almost 40 years since new in 1971.

The problem with "todays collector car world" is that there are so many to choose from. Back in the 1960's and early 1970's the choices were cool cars from the "Big 3" (and we'll add AMC in also) and a handful of European players. Since about 20 years ago, maybe 25, many more players have brought performance into their showrooms. This means many more options beyond what I/We grew up with and enjoyed, and it will be the youth that are the future buyers, not us. So the question is from a collector/investment point of view..............What are the youths automobile performance interests? They will be the big $$$ buyers when they are buying what they could only dream about when they were younger. 

R

#28 OFFLINE   Robert M

Robert M

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Joined 16-April 08

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:06 AM

In 1980, ten years after they were new, BOSS 302's and BOSS 429's were selling for twice what they sold for new.  In 1971, I bought my first BOSS 302 used for $2200 but by 1975 they were on their way up and bringing 5K.  

^^^ A logical reason for this is because, there was no other performance. Stickers and spoilers on the 1970's cars were great, but 180hp and a 2 barrel sucked if you knew performance from just a couple of years before, so naturally "if" a person desired performance, they would have to reach back...............and everyone was reaching back.........the prices climbed.

Not the case today.........performance from mild to wild is everywhere, used or new.

R

Edited by Robert M, 19 April 2017 - 07:08 AM.

#29 ONLINE   orange2

orange2

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 05-February 17

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

^^^ A logical reason for this is because, there was no other performance. Stickers and spoilers on the 1970's cars were great, but 180hp and a 2 barrel sucked if you knew performance from just a couple of years before, so naturally "if" a person desired performance, they would have to reach back...............and everyone was reaching back.........the prices climbed.

Not the case today.........performance from mild to wild is everywhere, used or new.

R

Excellent post.

Detroit was giving us this in the late 70s: http://mustangattitu..._00023_01.shtml

Horrible cars that are better forgotten but this was performance of the day and why we went after the 60s stuff which was a bunch of junk, we just did not know any better at the time.

Robert is correct about the supply and variation of muscle in this era. bumper crop of it every year with no end in sight. It just gets faster, more maneuverable, and better looking with each passing year. Look at the volumes that tally up over the years. How many SHELBY badged vehicles in the last 10 years, gotta be 70,000 units out there and more on the way.

Edited by orange2, 19 April 2017 - 08:58 AM.

#30 OFFLINE   Robert M

Robert M

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Joined 16-April 08

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:09 AM

I am not here to lift or lower anyone's thoughts on these cars, but for the last 40+ years performance cars (all brands) have been what I have watched and also followed what was/is hot. There was no real excitement in the Ford world after 1971, some could argue the 1972 R-Code Mustang was still of interest being a "detuned BOSS 351", but after that, it really wasn't until the reintroduction of a 4V in the 1983 Mustang GT that enthusiasts started to think "there is hope", and then around 1986 the Mustang really started to gain a following again, and those were "then new" cars.

So for many years (a couple of decades), basically everything that was cool was old and any performance minded buyer had to reach back (a few years) and later way back (a couple of decades) to get something that performed to expectation. <<There is also a "unique" factor that draws buyers to old cars also, and many times performance is not as important to those buyers.

Now, and for the past many years the performance of the 60's has been surpassed, and the "recent" top performers no longer satisfy the high performance desires as newer more powerful and better technology emerges. Add to that the youth who have performance interested of their own that many times are not even American cars.

The future performance buyers are not going to be limited to a few American muscle cars from a short period of history as was the case in the past. In the end, the market pool of buyers for specific "niche" American performance cars will be smaller than it was for the 60's American muscle, this smaller pool will also dictate market price.

R

Edited by Robert M, 19 April 2017 - 10:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

orange2