rsr

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 21-July 17
  • Region:Other
  • Interests:Muscle Cars

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:38 AM

Has anyone ordered the new 50th Anniversary SS?  I've heard that some of the 500 are going to dealerships - told SA to take their time with mine!

RSR

#2 OFFLINE   James Wells

James Wells

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 23-August 17
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Life long love affair with cars. Own a '17 Bentayga and have a 2017 Super Snake Wide Body on order. Did own a 18' GT350

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

I have a 50th Anniv SS Widebody on order, 750 HP, Auto, Ruby Red, White Pearl Stripes

#3 OFFLINE   Wazoo919

Wazoo919

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 24-August 17
  • Interests:Cars, Motorcycles, Riding in the mountains
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:43 AM

Has anyone ordered the new 50th Anniversary SS?  I've heard that some of the 500 are going to dealerships - told SA to take their time with mine!

RSR

I have a racing red SS on order. Last I heard they should start working on it middle for September. Once started then I was told it should take 30 to 45 days to finish and 1 to 2 weeks to deliver it to me here in North Florida. 

#4 OFFLINE   rsr

rsr

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 21-July 17

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:06 PM

Mine is white just like the video - painted stripes - 750hp - barton short throw shifter - interior upgrade - First muscle car for me since 1970!  Congrats to all!

#5 OFFLINE   mbcortese

mbcortese

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:2007 Shelby GT/SC, 2017 Shelby Super Snake

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

My car has been there 9 weeks and hasn't hit the shop yet, hope it does first of September. Yellow with white painted stripes, 750hp automatic. I'd like to get it by October mid November at the latest, western Pennsylvania gets snowy and cold by then. Number 17SS0163 I can't wait. I have a 07 GT/SC Black with Silver stripes, love driving it and I do, plan on driving the Super Snake also. They will get stored from November till April, that's a long enough rest.
07SGT3233

#6 OFFLINE   rsr

rsr

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 21-July 17

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:35 AM

My car has been there 9 weeks and hasn't hit the shop yet, hope it does first of September. Yellow with white painted stripes, 750hp automatic. I'd like to get it by October mid November at the latest, western Pennsylvania gets snowy and cold by then. Number 17SS0163 I can't wait. I have a 07 GT/SC Black with Silver stripes, love driving it and I do, plan on driving the Super Snake also. They will get stored from November till April, that's a long enough rest.

Wonder if they have filled all the orders?  

#7 OFFLINE   speedrx

speedrx

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Joined 22-August 12

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:18 AM

I would think you can still order one.

#8 OFFLINE   f2redpot

f2redpot

Too Much Fun

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 380 posts
  • Joined 09-January 13
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Track
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

This was on display at the MCA Grand Nationals this weekend. I would assume they are still selling them. 

Attached Files

#9 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

Team Shelby Administrator

• Shelby Staff
  • 1,062 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06
  • Region:Decline

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

Wonder if they have filled all the orders?  

I would think you can still order one.

This was on display at the MCA Grand Nationals this weekend. I would assume they are still selling them. 

Yes the 50th Anniversary Super Snake is still available. For more details give our sales department a phone call at 702-942-7325 or visit select Shelby Ford dealerships who have one on their lot.

I'll check with our sales department to see if they have a list of dealerships who are offering Shelby Super Snakes right off their showroom floor.

Steve

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@Shelby.com

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#10 OFFLINE   39Mustang

39Mustang

Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 2,425 posts
  • Joined 19-November 05
  • Interests:Mustangs, Broncos, Dogs, Sports, Diecast, Traveling, Disney World (grew up in FL its the law!), Hawaii,
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:15 PM

Great to see many ordering it with the Automatic!

FORD just doesn't understand the current market as the demand for high performance sports cars are more for paddle shifted Automatics then Manual shifted cars and its not even close. I talked to one of the bigger FORD dealers and he said they get asked "can I order the GT350 with an automatic 10 to 1 over the 6spd manual" and lets just say this dealer is in the top 3 selling Mustangs

I would consider adding the 50th Annv. Super Snake but the 2018 Mustang is getting the 10spd Automatic and its suppose to be even better than the 6R80

1970 Mustang Convertible 351C 4v Shaker
1973 Mach 1 (Father's - original owner) - Restomod
1973 Mustang Convertible Q-code 351CJ Ram-Air
1992 SAAC MKI
2008 Shelby GT/SC (Griggs Suspension)

2008 Shelby GT500KR

2011 Shelby GT350 45th Annv.
2016 Shelby Terlingua​

2004 Ford F150 Lightning

everything is always For Sale

#11 OFFLINE   rsr

rsr

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 21-July 17

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

Ford/Shelby keeps coming out with new models to fit each individual with just about anything you want!  This is why I ordered my 50th anniversary (not getting any younger also)...better late than never!

#12 OFFLINE   mbcortese

mbcortese

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:01 AM

When I was out in Vegas in May they had only 100 Super Snakes going to dealers, so 400 was available for sale. So yes they would be still available, mine is 163 ordered back in March, and I picked that number, they are not necessarily sold in order. That was the house number I grew up in so it is only significant to me, and some of the other numbers I wanted had already been taken.
07SGT3233

#13 OFFLINE   jdaallen

jdaallen

jdaallen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Joined 04-August 06
  • Region:Mountain
  • Interests:Shelbys

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

I ordered a 50th the day they became available.  White vert automatic.  Should be ready late Oct early Nov.  Hoping maybe to take delivery while I'm at in Vegas for SEMA.  Ordered it will all options available from Ford and Shelby except painted stripes.

Grabber Orange Vert GT 500 born 02/23/07
#1769 of 2695 Verts Built
#120 0f 160 Grabber Orange Built
Shipped directly from Ford to Shelby in Vegas
40th Anniversary Package #07XL0064
#1 of 15 Signed by Carroll Shelby @ 40th Anniv. Party (Party of 15)

2007 Red Vert GT​​ 500 Super Snake with 427 Edition Package

#7 of 202 Built

Summer Da​​ily Driver

2016 700 HP Shelby F-150

#189 of 500 Built

Oxford White with blue stripes

​2017 50th Anniversary Super Snake Convertible

#189    (scheduled to be built)

​White Platinum with Azure Blue Stripes

​750hp Polished Supercharger / Automatic
TS-M-H.jpg

#14 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• Shelby Staff
  • 1,062 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:25 AM

I ordered a 50th the day they became available.  White vert automatic.  Should be ready late Oct early Nov.  Hoping maybe to take delivery while I'm at in Vegas for SEMA.  Ordered it will all options available from Ford and Shelby except painted stripes.

Have you let our sales department know of your desire to have it ready by SEMA? I certainly can't promise you anything but our sales team does what it can to meet the needs of our customers.

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#15 OFFLINE   Wazoo919

Wazoo919

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 24-August 17
  • Interests:Cars, Motorcycles, Riding in the mountains
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:15 PM

I have a racing red SS on order. Last I heard they should start working on it middle for September. Once started then I was told it should take 30 to 45 days to finish and 1 to 2 weeks to deliver it to me here in North Florida. 

Last I heard mine suppose to start work on in October. Fingers are crossed, I hope. Like to get it before Thanksgiving.

#16 OFFLINE   steve smith

steve smith

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 08-April 15
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:farming-cars

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:00 AM

My car has been there 9 weeks and hasn't hit the shop yet, hope it does first of September. Yellow with white painted stripes, 750hp automatic. I'd like to get it by October mid November at the latest, western Pennsylvania gets snowy and cold by then. Number 17SS0163 I can't wait. I have a 07 GT/SC Black with Silver stripes, love driving it and I do, plan on driving the Super Snake also. They will get stored from November till April, that's a long enough This will

Last I heard mine suppose to start work on in October. Fingers are crossed, I hope. Like to get it before Thanksgiving.

This is going to test your patience mine took seven months. Well worth the wait but it will test your patience. Good luck! CSM15SS0031

#17 OFFLINE   mbcortese

mbcortese

Team Shelby New Member

• Northeast Region
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:24 PM

15 weeks and mine hasn't hit the shop yet, maybe it'll be my Christmas present. They must be buried with orders taking longer than they had projected. I'll get to drive it next year, after the snow melts.
07SGT3233

#18 OFFLINE   rsr

rsr

Team Shelby New Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 21-July 17

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:53 AM

15 weeks and mine hasn't hit the shop yet, maybe it'll be my Christmas present. They must be buried with orders taking longer than they had projected. I'll get to drive it next year, after the snow melts.

Ordered mine back in June - Building a barn to put the horse in!  Told Shelby to take their time.

#19 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• Shelby Staff
  • 1,062 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

Ordered mine back in June - Building a barn to put the horse in!  Told Shelby to take their time.

The good news is that the current Super Snake is a runaway hit, the bad news is yes we are behind in production.

SAI was not 100% prepared for the overwhelming success of the new SS program, we knew we had an awesome car when it was launched but were just not totally prepared for the increase in sales. We are also doing more painted stripe cars than ever before which of course increases the build time.

All I can suggest is to stay in touch with your SA salesperson for updates on your particular build and trust me you'll forget all about the wait once you're behind the wheel.

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#20 OFFLINE   toddskyler

toddskyler

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 17-September 17
  • Region:Southern Plains
  • Interests:Collecting CS Shelby Collectibles 1/64 scale for Grandson. He loves going to car shows and loves SHELBYS. Looking for nice model 2008-2012 gt 500 for his first car

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:24 AM

I have a 50th Anniv SS Widebody on order, 750 HP, Auto, Ruby Red, White Pearl Stripes

May I ask what it ran you. I live in Kansas and Shelby Mustangs are hard to come by. Dealership says they have to special order them. Found one in Kansas City Missouri that was priced around $80,000. What is the going price where you live for fully loaded GT 500 Super Snake? Thanks toddskyler

#21 OFFLINE   sheppd01

sheppd01

Team Shelby Member

• Northeast Region
  • 1,124 posts
  • Joined 06-February 12
  • Interests:.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

May I ask what it ran you. I live in Kansas and Shelby Mustangs are hard to come by. Dealership says they have to special order them. Found one in Kansas City Missouri that was priced around $80,000. What is the going price where you live for fully loaded GT 500 Super Snake? Thanks toddskyler

For ordering a new SS.
http://www.shelby.co...done/2017SS.asp

1_zpshx0cikmu.jpg

Team Shelby State Director West Virginia

Bored 20 Over                             1 7/8 Headers 3" H pipe

Ported heads / valves / intake     JLP Custom Cams / Cobra Jet Crank

Manley Pistons / H beams          Mongul Rod / Main Bearings

ARP Studs                                   KB Inner Cooler / Triple Pass Heat Exchanger

15% Overdrive Pulley                  Melling Oil Pump

McLeod Clutch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users