Photo

Jay, next time take the Ford GT.........................

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

Team Shelby Administrator

• Shelby Staff
  • 1,117 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06
  • Region:Decline

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:46 AM

If Jay Leno had only taken his Ford GT instead of his Lamborghini based Kode..............

Attached Files

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@Shelby.com

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

Team Shelby Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,067 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
  • Interests:Fast cars
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

Ouch!  

Cheers,
Tony

Motto: You can have fun going fast. ... but ... You don't have to go fast to have fun.

Current:
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, 650 RWHP, 600 FtLb torque.

Former:
CSX4005LA - Shelby Continuation Series Cobra. The most fun you can legally have, sitting in a chair, in public.
CSM08SGT2228 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, 5-speed, Kenne Bell S/C. Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation Gift at Barrett-Jackson 2009 Scottsdale
CSM08SGT2247 - Barrett Jackson Special Edition Convertible, Automatic. Kenne Bell S/C installed. WHOOT!
Simple Mods: Electrochromic mirror with compass/temp/HomeLink, Ford HD Radio with iPod, lower billet grill insert, sequential tail lights.

#3 OFFLINE   ViperNC

ViperNC

Some say he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,589 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Track days, Road course racing, Mountain bike riding/racing, motorcycle riding, cars, warbirds & chasing my kids
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:57 PM

Does Jay ever wear anything other than denim?  :whistling:

1c%20(Large).jpg 

2009 Shelby GT500: 524.8 HP/549.9 Ft. Lb. Torque at the wheels on SuperFlow AutoDyn 880E AWD Chassis Dyno - https://www.youtube....h?v=f6lOjDH9eP0 True Forged Chicane Wheels w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires: 275/30/20 Front and 285/30/20 Rear - Shelby/Wilwood Front and Rear Racing Brakes - Shelby GT500 Brake Duct Bezels/Front Brake Duct Kit - Ford Racing Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers - Shelby Oil Separator - Shelby GT500 Engine Coil Covers - Metco 2.6 pulley/idler w/JLT Cold Air Kit and SCT Tune - Shelby Billet Aluminum Racing Oil Pan - Shelby Extreme Duty Heat Exchanger - McLeod RXT Performance Twin Disc Clutch - PST Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft - Ford Racing Low Profile Differential Cover w/ over flow tank - Flowmaster Exhaust - Shelby Racing Front and Rear Sway Bars - Shelby Bumpsteer Tie Rod Adjuster - Shelby Sway Bar End Links -  Shelby K-Member, Radiator Support, Chassis Support, A-Arms, A Arm Support Brace - Shelby Billet Aluminum Watts Link - Metco Billet Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms - Ford Racing Springs - Shelby Six Speed Shifter Lever w/ Shelby GT500 Shift Knob - Shelby GT500 Engine Billet Aluminum Cap Set - Shelby Hood Lift Kit - Shelby Billet Aluminum Racing Pedal and Dead Pedal Covers - Carbon fiber upgrades: Front Splitter, Rocker Panels, Rear Mud Guards, Rear Diffuser, Side View Mirror Inserts, Hood Vents, Door Sills, Speaker Rings, Center Console, Mirror Switch Covers, Door Lock Bezels, Radiator Cover

#4 OFFLINE   shelby001

shelby001

shelby001

• Team Shelby Regional Director
  • 20,303 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:65 G.T coupe
    65 vert
    68 Shelby G.T 500
    07`SHelby

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:24 AM

Somebody forget to tighten the lug nuts?  Nope never seen him in anything but denim.

#5 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• Shelby Staff
  • 1,117 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

Although I referred to the Kode as Jay's car most likely it was on loan to Jay's TV show. The question is will this "mishap" be edited out of the show?

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   66GT350PS

66GT350PS

Team Shelby Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,616 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Region:Pacific Coast
  • Interests:Travel, car shows, driving and restoration of Mustangs.
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:13 PM

On one recent show, Jay took delivery of his Ford GT at Willow Springs. He took it for a run and then ran a competition GT. Luckily the wheels stayed on those cars. As far as the Lambo incident, he will probably want to show it with a lot of comedy commentary.

#7 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• Shelby Staff
  • 1,117 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:44 AM

On one recent show, Jay took delivery of his Ford GT at Willow Springs. He took it for a run and then ran a competition GT. Luckily the wheels stayed on those cars. As far as the Lambo incident, he will probably want to show it with a lot of comedy commentary.

While Jay may want to include it with some comedic commentary I'm confident that the Kode folks don't have the same mindset. The appearance of the Kode on Jay's show is about promoting the car to potential Kode buyers where this incident certainly didn't help facilitate that promotion.

Steve

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#8 OFFLINE   groop

groop

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 09-February 16
  • Interests:anything with engines

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:40 AM

The TMZ article said it was just a flat tire.  Could have happened to any car driving around LA

#9 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• Shelby Staff
  • 1,117 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:46 AM

The TMZ article said it was just a flat tire.  Could have happened to any car driving around LA

If it was just a flat tire why would the rear rotor be on the ground? I have confidence in Jay that he wouldn't let his guys jack up the car, remove the rear wheel and then yank the jack out so that the rear suspension drops onto the asphalt.

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#10 OFFLINE   groop

groop

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 09-February 16

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

I don't know, but read the article and watch the video for yourself if you like.  My guess is that the car probably doesn't have a jack or a spare and a passerby had a large jack available

http://www.tmz.com/2..._Search_Results

#11 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• Shelby Staff
  • 1,117 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:36 AM

I don't know, but read the article and watch the video for yourself if you like.  My guess is that the car probably doesn't have a jack or a spare and a passerby had a large jack available

I agree that the car most likely doesn't have a spare nor a jack but then wouldn't it make sense for the car to have run flat tires?

I watched the video you posted and yes those two floor jacks obliviously came from that pick-up truck but if you look at the photo I posted at the top of the thread you will see no white truck, no floor jacks and a rear rotor on the ground. How could Jay have removed the wheel without any sort of jacks?

If you have a flat tire wouldn't it be much easier to call for a rollback tow truck? Why would you remove a flat tire if you don't have a spare tire?

I guess we just see things differently. We'll have to wait for the episode to air.

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#12 OFFLINE   ChicagoChris

ChicagoChris

Team Shelby Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 08-July 12
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:Vintage races and concours

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

Lambos like our Shelby GT's have the 'inflate a flat' spare tire. No idea why the tire is missing?

#13 OFFLINE   Frank S

Frank S

at Play

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,739 posts
  • Joined 22-February 08
  • Interests:Peace, Love, and The American Way
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

Would TMZ have been interested if the story were, "Jay Leno had a flat tire"? 

Screenwriter: We need to jazz it up a little, otherwise, no Likes on Facebook.

Producer: Hmm. OK, flag down that pickup truck. I don't care which one, get 'em both. 

Frank S
North Linda Vista

San Diego CA
USA

16119996819_7e640dc980_n.jpg 25357484820_fcfc5518d4_m.jpg
GT/CS x 2 · 2013 5.0 Brembo · 2014 5.0 Convertible · Unrepentant Terlinguista ... 2008 ... 2009 ... 2010 ... 2011 ... 2012 ... 2013... 2014... 2015 ... 2016... 2017?

#14 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Addict

• South Atlantic Region
  • 15,929 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Interests:CARS. I have owned well over 225 Cars since 1979 with most being Mustangs. I am now running for County Commissioner www.davidthawkins.com WIN A MUSTANG? Visit = www.friendsofthehawk.com

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:51 AM

Look at the Rocker, it is on the ground.  You wouldn't be able to get the Jack out from under the Car.  BUT, if it had Lifting Points on the Body like a lot of German Cars do, that would be a different story and I am sure you would see a dead Body laying on the ground beside the Car because they set the Car on the ground.

Edited by tesgt350, 15 September 2017 - 04:03 AM.

Challenge Coin Banner

#15 OFFLINE   tesgt350

tesgt350

Team Shelby Addict

• South Atlantic Region
  • 15,929 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07
  • Interests:CARS. I have owned well over 225 Cars since 1979 with most being Mustangs. I am now running for County Commissioner www.davidthawkins.com WIN A MUSTANG? Visit = www.friendsofthehawk.com

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

I agree that the car most likely doesn't have a spare nor a jack but then wouldn't it make sense for the car to have run flat tires?

I watched the video you posted and yes those two floor jacks obliviously came from that pick-up truck but if you look at the photo I posted at the top of the thread you will see no white truck, no floor jacks and a rear rotor on the ground. How could Jay have removed the wheel without any sort of jacks?

If you have a flat tire wouldn't it be much easier to call for a rollback tow truck? Why would you remove a flat tire if you don't have a spare tire?

I guess we just see things differently. We'll have to wait for the episode to air.

I believe they are Run Flats.  The Front Tire looks Flat.

Challenge Coin Banner

#16 OFFLINE   groop

groop

Team Shelby New Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 09-February 16

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:39 PM

If you look where the floor jack is in the video, it's under the center rear of the car which is higher than the rockers.  This would allow the car to rest on the rotor and the jack removed.  I cannot explain why they didn't set the car on something else, but perhaps it's because there wasn't something else available.  But if you look closely at 0:02, there are two jack stands plainly visible in the bed of the white pickup truck.  If you've ever tried to jack up a Shelby you know that there is not much room to slip under a standard floor jack.  Even less so if there is flat.  You've got to jack them up wherever you can.  I'm guessing the Kode's engine served as the 'jack point' for this exercise

2017_kode_zero_15_560.jpg

Edited by groop, 14 September 2017 - 01:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users