#1 OFFLINE   spacecoastshelby

spacecoastshelby

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 09-October 10

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

Have left several messages with Shelby in Vegas, but have not had a return call.

Anyone know if they are still doing the factory SC upgrade for the 2007 Shelby GTs?

Thanks!

Posted Image
2007 Shelby GT
CSM#07SGT0822
Performance White
"Casper"

#2 OFFLINE   mhr1961

mhr1961

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Joined 28-May 10
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Shelbys,Working Out, Reading, Nightmare Home Restoration Projects

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

I am pretty sure the GT/SC upgrade is still available for the 2007-2008 SGT. Hopefully they will respond to your inquiry soon.I think perhaps they have been busy recently with SEMA.

Edited by mhr1961, 27 November 2017 - 02:23 PM.

2008 Shelby GT Convertible Vista Blue/Silver Stripes,Automatic Transmission,Interior Upgrade Pkg-Satin Alum Panels, HID Headlamps, GT Upfittters Pkg, DVD Navigation System, Heated Seats, Active AntiTheft, Ambient Lighting, Shaker 500 Audio, Sirius Satellite RadioNo Major Mods-Only Mods are Dress Up Items that can be removed easily to be able restore car back to original condition in an afternoonDress Up Items to Individualize my 08SGT:SAI-"Shelby GT" Billet Aluminum License Plate FrameSAI- Berg "S" Cobra Black/Silver Wheel Center CapsSAI- Berg "S" Cobra Brushed Finish Stainless Steel Dead PedalSAI- Berg "S" Cobra Custom Made 12 V Power PlugSAI- Berg "S" Cobra Trunk Lock Center Emblem<p>SAI- "Shelby GT" Logo Front Floor MatsSAI- Shelby GT Billet Aluminum Grille-LowerScott Drake 6 Way Programmable Sequential Tail LightsFord- OEM Ford Racing Oil Filter (Mobil 1)Ford- OEM "Personalized " 19.125" Shortened Antennae to match roofline with convertible top in the up positionFord- OEM Driver's Side SunVisor signed and dated by CARROLL SHELBY 10/23/103M ClearGuard "Bra" on First 2" of Hood and Front Fenders

#3 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

Team Shelby Administrator

• Shelby Staff
  • 1,152 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:13 AM

Have left several messages with Shelby in Vegas, but have not had a return call.

Anyone know if they are still doing the factory SC upgrade for the 2007 Shelby GTs?

Thanks!

Yes the GT/SC package is still an open program here at Shelby American.  Without knowing when and with who you left messages with all I can suggest is that you call back and ask for Matt Giles who is the sales department manager or ask for Chris Ruby who is the lead sales person.

Steve

Register your Shelby at: Shelby American Registry

Order your SAI Registry Certificate at: Shelby Store

PM's turned OFF. Email me at: StevenT@Shelby.com

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   spacecoastshelby

spacecoastshelby

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 09-October 10

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:34 PM

Thanks Steve, I will keep trying.

Do you know if they offer engine rebuilds as well? My Shelby has been enjoyed every day, and is up there on the mileage, so I was thinking a fresh rebuild to go along with a supercharger upgrade, would be perfect!

Posted Image
2007 Shelby GT
CSM#07SGT0822
Performance White
"Casper"

#5 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• Shelby Staff
  • 1,152 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

Thanks Steve, I will keep trying.

Do you know if they offer engine rebuilds as well? My Shelby has been enjoyed every day, and is up there on the mileage, so I was thinking a fresh rebuild to go along with a supercharger upgrade, would be perfect!

No engine rebuilds anymore now that the Speedshop is gone. 

When you say up there in mileage, how many miles are we talking about? Supercharging engines with a good chunk of miles already on them is not optimistic.

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   spacecoastshelby

spacecoastshelby

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 09-October 10

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:39 AM

Sitting at 135k now...if I do the supercharge upgrade, I will likely have a local performance shop do a rebuild, making sure all parts are considered for the upgrade plan.

Posted Image
2007 Shelby GT
CSM#07SGT0822
Performance White
"Casper"

#7 OFFLINE   SAI-Steven

SAI-Steven

• Shelby Staff
  • 1,152 posts
  • Joined 14-December 06

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:13 AM

Sitting at 135k now...if I do the supercharge upgrade, I will likely have a local performance shop do a rebuild, making sure all parts are considered for the upgrade plan.

Sounds like a good plan as thats too many miles for a supercharger upgrade without a rebuild in my opinion. 

SAIRegistryCert.jpg

#8 OFFLINE   Doug_GT350

Doug_GT350

aka... DICK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16,240 posts
  • Joined 06-May 09
  • Region:Northeast
  • Interests:my grandchildren!

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:25 AM

Sounds like a good plan as thats too many miles for a supercharger upgrade without a rebuild in my opinion. 

I agree, have it rebuilt with forged internals and once it's supercharged you will have a monster!

Sorry officer, I thought you wanted to race!

2007 SGT CSM07SGT1316 Purchased 5/12/07 Black, 5 speed
Blue Oval Sequential Taillights, Lower Grille, Faux Snake Gas Cap, Shorty Antenna,
1st GT/SC conversion by Tasca since Shelby released the Model!!!
550 Whipple, Baer drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk pads, Gauge Pod,
McLoed twin disc clutch and Aluminum Flywheel, Shelby billet license frame,
Whipple 10 Rib belt system, Lethal Ind. Poly motor mounts, Shelby Razors,
quarter window black outs, Shelby billet engine cap set, Shelby brake duct bezels and
PIAA lights.

#9 OFFLINE   SWEDEMAN

SWEDEMAN

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:12 PM

True. Anything over 20K miles on a 10+ year old car is not a good option for a SC upgrade. 

New complete engine (completely installed turn key)  = $20K++

Whipple SC installed (turn key) options =$11K 

Total engine & SC = $30K-$35K

If you did all the work=$20k ++

2007 Shelby GT/SC Paxton Pre Delivery
Shelby American
Las Vegas, Nevada

#10 OFFLINE   ITHERTZ66

ITHERTZ66

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • Joined 18-January 10
  • Region:Other
  • Interests:cars

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:41 AM

True. Anything over 20K miles on a 10+ year old car is not a good option for a SC upgrade. 

Why not?  What info do you have to support this?  I think there are way too many variables to make blanket statements such as these which may confuse the public.  My Hertz car was rented for the first 24K miles and obviously shaken out a few times during that stint (:  A Whipple was installed at around 25K miles using a conservative tune, large pulley (9 psi) and intercooled setup.  My car now has about 50K miles and it's doing awesome with routine maintenance including the original automatic transmission.  That's a pretty good testament to the durability of the 4.6 considering all the miles of rental duty prior to supercharging.  If somebody wanted to add power to their 20K+ mile Mustang or Shelby that has been well cared for and those miles have a lot of highway to them I see no issue based on my real world experience.  I think there are plenty of supercharged Mustangs and Shelbys still kicking that are well into 100K plus miles.

I'm not saying the OP should add forced induction to his car, as I don't know how those miles were accumulated or how his car was maintained.  I agree it would be a good idea to build up the motor of a 125K mile car before adding power.  He also didn't state what his final power and use goals are, so that has a TON to do with this decision.  

#11 OFFLINE   mfield2a

mfield2a

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Joined 14-August 09
  • Region:Mississippi Valley
  • Interests:Mustangs, KTM's & Moto GP!

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:29 PM

I'm reading from a dollars and cents comment. A 135k mile very nice condition Shelby GT might pull $12k - $15k in "steet" value. A 135k mile supercharged Shelby may pull $16 - $18k...true GT/SC with same mileage maybe $20k.

I think the unwritten point is why not just spend $8k - $10k by trading to a lower mileage car, put $10k into a SC and you would have less $ into a more valuable car?

Unless like Steve said: if he wants to build a monster. Then all notion of $$ goes out the window, because monsters are hungry all the time and if you let them out to play they eat money. Damn fun to play with though!!

Edited by mfield2a, 06 December 2017 - 09:34 PM.

SGT%20Sig.jpg

08SGT, HID, Ambient, Rubber Steering Wheel[/b]

#12 OFFLINE   spacecoastshelby

spacecoastshelby

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 09-October 10

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:39 AM

All really good points! I guess the whole idea of trading for a GT/SC is probably the best way to go, its just you get a little attached to your car over time. But it makes the most dollars and cents sense.

No plan to build a monster car, it will continue to be a daily driver that supplemts coffee in the morning commute, and makes the evening drives more pleasant.

With all that said, if anyone knows of a nice GT/SC for sale, or coming up for sale, please pass it along! Maybe I just get another car and have two in the stable!!
Posted Image
2007 Shelby GT
CSM#07SGT0822
Performance White
"Casper"

#13 OFFLINE   SWEDEMAN

SWEDEMAN

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:27 PM

Why not?  What info do you have to support this?  I think there are way too many variables to make blanket statements such as these which may confuse the public.  My Hertz car was rented for the first 24K miles and obviously shaken out a few times during that stint (:  A Whipple was installed at around 25K miles using a conservative tune, large pulley (9 psi) and intercooled setup.  My car now has about 50K miles and it's doing awesome with routine maintenance including the original automatic transmission.  That's a pretty good testament to the durability of the 4.6 considering all the miles of rental duty prior to supercharging.  If somebody wanted to add power to their 20K+ mile Mustang or Shelby that has been well cared for and those miles have a lot of highway to them I see no issue based on my real world experience.  I think there are plenty of supercharged Mustangs and Shelbys still kicking that are well into 100K plus miles.

I'm not saying the OP should add forced induction to his car, as I don't know how those miles were accumulated or how his car was maintained.  I agree it would be a good idea to build up the motor of a 125K mile car before adding power.  He also didn't state what his final power and use goals are, so that has a TON to do with this decision.  

Basic understanding of age and mileage, that is the supporting information...IMHO. But obviously you have a different opinion that is what makes this site go around.

So if you want to make the move go ahead, you've had all the opinions and information. Also it is your pocket book, If you've got a lot of money do it, if you don't buyer beware with 135,000 miles on a Shelby Mustang. 

Good luck with it either way.

2007 Shelby GT/SC Paxton Pre Delivery
Shelby American
Las Vegas, Nevada

#14 OFFLINE   TheKurgan

TheKurgan

Fast Member

• South Atlantic Region
  • 1,309 posts
  • Joined 09-January 08
  • Region:South Atlantic
  • Interests:Racing,Flyfishing,Kayaking

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:49 AM

Yeah no way I would supercharge a stock 3V with that many miles especially if you are having Shelby do it.  No need to do it twice.  Honestly,  in this day an age with so many high HP cars out there, you can't boost a stock 3V enough to keep up.  I would put a built engine in it first, run around on it for a while to break it in, then send it to Shelby or put on the blower yourself.  As a reminder of what can happen to boosting stock 3V's, I just took the heads off my 2001 Mercury outboard and found this.

Attached File  WP_20171209_002.jpg   168.14KB   0 downloads

Attached File  WP_20171209_003.jpg   157.27KB   0 downloads

07 SGT - JDM302E, Paxton Novi 1500, Spec 3+, FRPP cams/intake/TB, Kooks, Tial 50mm BOV - 637 rwhp/547 rwtq - Tuned by VMP - FOR SALE!!!!!!!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users