#1 OFFLINE   05stangkc

05stangkc

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 03-July 07

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:49 AM

2007 total GT-500 Production Numbers! & 07 Mustang final Build Date!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent an Email to Ford For GT-500 Production and Here is What they Said. I will try to Get a Color Break Down Also. If you Find This Sort Of Information Helpful Please Reply!

BTW, I work at a Dealership.

Kevin,

There was 7828 Coupes and 2543 Convertibles that were built for 2007. There were 6 more that were built but lost to engineering testing, damage, etc

The last date of production for 2007 Mustang was 6/22/07, but it is possible that the Shelby ended a little bit earlier.

Sincerely,

Vehicle Order Processing Center.

Edited by 05stangkc, 24 July 2007 - 07:50 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   TexasShelby

TexasShelby

S197ShelbyOA #139

• Southern Plains Region
  • 2,948 posts
  • Joined 28-March 07
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:52 AM

It be great to have a color PDF of that.

Thanks for sharing it.
Posted Image Posted Image

Made a Deposit in May of '05. Delivered November 1st. 2006.

#3 OFFLINE   GOVert

GOVert

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Joined 17-April 07
  • Interests:Mustangs and Shelbys.

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:07 AM

That is 10,371 total, pretty close to the 10,000 they said that they would build.
'08 GT500 Vert, Torch Red, Shaker 1000, waiting to be an SS
'70 R-code (428CJ) Mach 1, Calypso Coral, White Interior.
'55 F100 hot rod, 5.0, AOD, A/C, 4 wheel discs and so on...........

#4 OFFLINE   kincobra

kincobra

kincobra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Joined 26-May 06
  • Region:Canada
  • Interests:love all muscle cars old and new.

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:14 AM

thanks for the info 05stangkc. i am pretty happy with that low #.cant wait to see more break downs of colours and how many where for canada etc....

Attached Files

Edited by kincobra, 24 July 2007 - 08:15 AM.

My Toys
2007 Shelby GT 500,500 hp,6 Spd Manual Trans,Black/Tungsten Stripe Ext,Black-red Int. (December 7 2006)
2002 Corvette Convertible,350 hp,6 Spd,Pewter/Black Conv Top Ext,Black Int.
1970 Chevelle SS 454,450 hp,4 Spd M22,Triple Black/White Stripes.
1970 Challenger R/T SE 440 U Code,375 hp,4 Spd ,Yellow/Black Vinyl Roof.

#5 OFFLINE   Joker45

Joker45

2008 GT500 Owner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06
  • Interests:Family, friends and my GT 500.

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:33 AM

Thanks for the information. Lower then some thought.
2008 GT500 Red w/Black Stripes Ordered 11/14/07 @ MSRP!
VIN received on 11/30/07-Receipt Date: 11/15/2007-Serialize Date: 11/29/2007-Segment Date: 11/29/2007-Sequence Date: 12/12/2007-Blend Date: 12/17/2007-Produced Date: 1/2/2008-Gate Release Date: 1/9/2008-Ship Date: 1/29/2008-Arrival Date: 2/12/2008-Sold Date: 2/14/2008

Super Snake # CSM 08SS0067 (Delivered to SAI on 10/3/08)
Picked up from SAI on 12/12/08!

#6 OFFLINE   BlackShelby

BlackShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Joined 25-July 06

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:41 AM

I have a friend who works there he email and quoted me these numbers (a couple weeks back)either way both are pretty close
production figures for 2007's are:
Shelby Coupe was 8,162

Shelby Convertible was 2,702

2007 total GT-500 Production Numbers! & 07 Mustang final Build Date!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent an Email to Ford For GT-500 Production and Here is What they Said. I will try to Get a Color Break Down Also. If you Find This Sort Of Information Helpful Please Reply!

BTW, I work at a Dealership.

Kevin,

There was 7828 Coupes and 2543 Convertibles that were built for 2007. There were 6 more that were built but lost to engineering testing, damage, etc

The last date of production for 2007 Mustang was 6/22/07, but it is possible that the Shelby ended a little bit earlier.

Sincerely,

Vehicle Order Processing Center.

Edited by BlackShelby, 24 July 2007 - 08:42 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   steveman63

steveman63

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 16-October 06

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

ALL here is an E -Mail conversation i have been involved in for almost a year now and read below the two E- Mails below.

Steve, hi. I just got a note from John Clor, FPG Communications
Manager. Please read his note right below and call the 800# provided
sometime in mid- to late-August. It sounds like by that time they will
be able to give you an update.

Hope this helps. Good Luck and let me know if you need anything else.
j u l i a n a z a r i a h
Zone B Manager
Ford Lincoln Mercury Division - Detroit Region

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:32 AM
To: Azariah, Julian (J.); 'Jim Owens'
Subject: RE: shelby gt 500 build info

Julian:

We are looking to have the 2007 GT500 build info available to the
general public sometime around the first or second week in August. You
can have folks call the Ford Performance Group Info Center at
800-367-3788 and request their info -- they can also purchase an SVT
Certificate of Authenticity which will have their VIN, date of
production, build number, VIN decoder, and color breakdown sheet.

That way, they can have an 'official' record of the info and display it
with their car at the next event they attend...

John Clor
Ford Performance Group Communications Manager Shelby GT500 Website
Manager www.svt.ford.com
Ford Performance Group Info Center / Ford Racing Technology
15021 S. Commerce Drive, Suite 200, Rotunda Court II Dearborn, MI 48120

#8 OFFLINE   05stangkc

05stangkc

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 03-July 07

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:33 AM

I asked for Further Details And Here is The Reply! Stay Tuned! I asked Projected Production For Future GT-500's Also!

Kevin, Thank you for your inquiry.

Ford Performance Group is sorting through the data and should have some of this info available in August. They are going to make the totals and color breakdown available one their website www.svt.ford.com. Future production can not be determined.

Sincerely,

Vehicle Order Processing Center

#9 OFFLINE   ShelbyDude

ShelbyDude

C'mon FORD! Build the BOSS in this color! I will buy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts
  • Joined 16-May 06

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:46 AM

Pay particular attention to the carefully worded final sentence of that correspondence from Ford. "Future production CAN NOT be determined". There is no mention of 08 being the final year or of any 8,000 limit or any limits at all.

Ford has not said anything about 09 other than saying no for 09 everytime we inquired about it. But they DID in fact clearly state only 8000 for 08 will be built. That is in print.
“What have I taught you? You play any character you want, but you never play yourself. That’s what lets you walk when the time comes.” – John Allen

#10 OFFLINE   ati

ati

Drive It Like You Stole It!!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Joined 20-September 06
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Interests:.

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

Ford has not said anything about 09 other than saying no for 09 everytime we inquired about it. But they DID in fact clearly state only 8000 for 08 will be built. That is in print.

I Sure Hope Your Right
Alan

#11 OFFLINE   mastersmech1

mastersmech1

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts
  • Joined 06-September 06

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:00 PM

Like that print means anything. They'll build as many as they can to fill the demand.

#12 OFFLINE   ShelbyDude

ShelbyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts
  • Joined 16-May 06

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:57 PM

Exactly!

Tell the enthusiasts that there will be strict limits via the printed word and perpetuate the perception of scarcity. This is nothing more than yet another cheap sales pitch.

They can't make enough of them. Yeah right, thats why there were over 1,000 07s (with financing incentives) on ice when the 08s began shipping.

How is it a sales pitch when I don't have one to even sell anyone???

It is what Ford says, nothing more. They can certainly change it if they choose, but until that happens the only thing dealers have to go by is what Ford tells them will be.

Here is the announcement:

May 17, 2007

To: All Ford Dealer Principals and Sales Managers
Subject: 2008 Shelby GT500 Program Information

Overview
Ford Sales Division is excited to announce the Shelby GT500 for the 2008 model year! While much of 2008 model program is "carryover", we ask you take notice to new vehicle features, and distribution plan for this model year.

New for 2008 Shelby GT500

All new HID- High Intensity Discharge headlamps option (51H)
All new Ambient Lighting Option (95M)
Vapor Clearcoat Metallic (ZY) replaces both Satin Silver and Tungsten
Ebony (85E) and Alloy (85A) stripes now available with selected exterior colors
Shelby GT 500 Allocation and Distribution Plan
For the 2008MY the U.S. Ford dealership production is approximately 8,000 units. Shelby GT500 Certified Dealers are eligible for the following allocation:

(1) incremental unit for 2006 Presidents Award winners
(1) "coverage" unit for any dealer enrolled and certified in the Shelby GT500 Dealer Program
Remaining production will be based on Mustang Share of Nation formula.
Former SVT & SVT Focus Dealers will not receive incremental allocation, as they did last year
Individual allocation and scheduling will be communicated by your facing Regional Sales Office
Remaining Certification Payments
Per Shelby certification agreement, allocation of one Shelby GT500 unit for each 2007 and 2008 model years is provided to the dealer, along with related marketing material and online sales training.

Total fee for the 2007/2008 Program was $1,500
The first two payments of $375 were charged to the enrolled dealer's P&A account last year (Sep & Nov)
The remaining two payments of $375 will be charged in 3rd Qtr and 4th Qtr of 2007
We recommend that these payments be posted to Sales Department Expense - Training, however your dealer management may want to post the charges to a different account
Additional questions on the certification fee payments can be directed to 800-367-3788
Website
Access the latest Ford Performance news regarding Shelby GT500, photo and video gallery, color selector, and specs at www.svt.ford.com, which is available through the Mustang page on www.fordvehicles.com. Click on the Shelby GT500 image, and then follow the link "Shelby GT500" in the description to more information.
“What have I taught you? You play any character you want, but you never play yourself. That’s what lets you walk when the time comes.” – John Allen

#13 OFFLINE   cobrafan

cobrafan

Team Shelby Member

• Southern Plains Region
  • 1,772 posts
  • Joined 05-March 07
  • Region:Decline
  • Interests:Photography, Cycling, Backpacking

Posted 25 July 2007 - 02:20 PM

For the 2008MY the U.S. Ford dealership production is approximately 8,000 units. Shelby GT500 Certified Dealers are eligible for the following allocation:

"Approximately 8,000 units", has way to much wiggle room. They could easily increase that by 15-20% or more and still be in the approximate range. It is my hope that the final numbers for the Shelby GT500, however many they make, will be in the range that they originally used to entice people into the program. But, caveat emptor! I'm not going to lose any sleep, I have mine and am very happy.

#14 OFFLINE   ColdwaterHotrod

ColdwaterHotrod

Team Shelby Member #6 is BACK!

• Members E
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,772 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:53 PM

Their print dosn't mean squat. they also put in print that my dealer would get 2 cars for 07 & now they have been short changed & will only get 1 for 2008 along with another dealer in my area, so don't bank on their (Fords) print or word my friend, it's always subject to change like everything else in this world.

when Darryl Hazle sent out a letter in July of 2005 it said this ....

Dealers will be required to complete certification requirements to receive any type of allocation for the
Shelby Cobra GT500. In recognition of their commitment to the program, current SVT dealers and SVT
Focus dealers will receive preferential allocation for the Shelby Cobra GT500 for the first model year
At current projections, we expect around 7,000 units to be produced for the 2007 model year.
Allocation will be as follows:
· Two incremental units for current full-line SVT dealers (605 dealers)
· One incremental unit for SVT Focus-only dealers (700 dealers)
· One unit for any dealer who completes certification requirements
· One unit for 2005 President's Award winners (343 dealers)
· Remaining production will be allocated based on a Mustang share-of-nation formula

7,000 isn't the 10,000+ we are now starting to hear

Edited by ColdwaterHotrod, 25 July 2007 - 05:07 PM.

25% of the people you meet won’t like you & never will
25% of the people you meet won’t like you, but could be persuaded too
25% of the people you meet will like you, but could be persuaded not too
25% of the people you meet will like you & will stand by you

A bulldog can easily whoop a skunk any day of the week, but sometimes he realizes it’s not worth the stink.

It’s easier to start a fight then to end one

Proverbs 20:3 – “Avoiding a fight is a mark of Honor”

#15 OFFLINE   ShelbyDude

ShelbyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts
  • Joined 16-May 06

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:13 PM

Their print dosn't mean squat. they also put in print that my dealer would get 2 cars for 07 & now they have been short changed & will only get 1 for 2008 along with another dealer in my area, so don't bank on their (Fords) print or word my friend, it's always subject to change like everything else in this world.

when Darryl Hazle sent out a letter in July of 2005 it said this ....

Dealers will be required to complete certification requirements to receive any type of allocation for the
Shelby Cobra GT500. In recognition of their commitment to the program, current SVT dealers and SVT
Focus dealers will receive preferential allocation for the Shelby Cobra GT500 for the first model year
At current projections, we expect around 7,000 units to be produced for the 2007 model year.
Allocation will be as follows:
· Two incremental units for current full-line SVT dealers (605 dealers)
· One incremental unit for SVT Focus-only dealers (700 dealers)
· One unit for any dealer who completes certification requirements
· One unit for 2005 President's Award winners (343 dealers)
· Remaining production will be allocated based on a Mustang share-of-nation formula

7,000 isn't the 10,000+ we are now starting to hear

The 8,000 for 08 is the reason a lot of dealers won't get the same they got for 07. We got 2 in 07 and were short changed for 08 as well. We lost our second one for 08 because they dropped all SVT dealers from getting extra for being SVT in the past.

As for the 7,000, that was in 05 over a year before they ever went into production. They raised that number twice since then and before it went into production.

In early 06 they were saying 8,000. Then in April 06 they raised it to 9K - 10K saying approx 18K - 19K total over two years. Since they built 10K for 07 and are now saying 8K for 08, that would keep the total two year number in line with what they last stated before production ever started.

What doesn't make sense is if they are planning on 09 then why the cut back on 08 numbers?

If they are planning for 09 then why the need to keep lying to their dealers and SVT by saying no for 09? Why not just say we don't know yet or it has not been decided yet or something other than just saying no 09???

This in my opinion creates big problems between the dealers and the customers because Ford is telling dealers no 09 and if they built it for 09 then the dealers are the ones that are made to look bad and accused of lying to the consumers. We have to many problems now as it is with dishonest dealers always lying to consumers. We don't need to fuel that by lying to the dealers knowing that is what they will be telling the consumers.

You are right on one thing, Ford will do whatever Ford decides to do regardless of what they may have stated before. If they do or don't know then just say they don't know or something, but don't just flat out lie about it by telling their dealers no unless it is no!

#16 OFFLINE   carnut

carnut

The Nut is Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,939 posts
  • Joined 14-July 06

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

Do you suppose they are keeping the commitment low in the event they cannot get all the special parts they need to build more than that. Just a thought.

#17 OFFLINE   ShelbyDude

ShelbyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts
  • Joined 16-May 06

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:31 PM

Do you suppose they are keeping the commitment low in the event they cannot get all the special parts they need to build more than that. Just a thought.

Dunno. I would think if they were able to get the parts needed to build 10K + for 07 that they would be able to get at least that for 08 if not even more. Especially if 09 is in the plans.

#18 OFFLINE   TexasShelby

TexasShelby

S197ShelbyOA #139

• Southern Plains Region
  • 2,948 posts
  • Joined 28-March 07
  • Region:Southern Plains

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:32 PM

I met someone tonight with a coupe that complimented me on my "cloned" GT500 vert...I smiled and told them it was real...they laughed in front of their friends and said they just bought a coupe...had 800 miles on it, all stock and gave in the 50's for it, but the "new car dealer" that RESOLD the used coupe said they did not make any vert for 2007....

I smiled and said, well I'm sorry, they made 2500 and some change for 07, just got the numbers off here today... well needless to say, they were a little mad that they had been out and out lied to.... they said they would have preferred a vert, but was told different...so to put them at ease I took them out and showed them the engine and all the car, so they knew it wasn't me, but their "NEW CAR DEALER" that was less than honest.

What do you say...
Posted Image Posted Image

Made a Deposit in May of '05. Delivered November 1st. 2006.

#19 OFFLINE   BlackShelby

BlackShelby

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Joined 25-July 06

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:14 AM

I have a friend who works there he email and quoted me these numbers (a couple weeks back)either way both are pretty close
production figures for 2007's are:
Shelby Coupe was 8,162

Shelby Convertible was 2,702

I ask my friend who works at ford, why the confilcts in numbers he gave me and the other ones listed in this post
Numbers I listed he said includes every gt500 produced for 07 including ones that where built for over seas , test cars , and ones not sold to the public, etc
The svt numbers that are listed previous in post are usa/production/sold to public numbers only which is likely the ones that will be release to us(the lower numbers listed in previous post)

Edited by BlackShelby, 26 July 2007 - 08:50 AM.

#20 OFFLINE   owenkelley

owenkelley

Team Shelby Member

• Mountain Region
  • 538 posts
  • Joined 05-November 05
  • Interests:Classic and Muscle Cars<br />Music - Classic Rock &amp; Roll

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:05 AM

I met someone tonight with a coupe that complimented me on my "cloned" GT500 vert...I smiled and told them it was real...they laughed in front of their friends and said they just bought a coupe...had 800 miles on it, all stock and gave in the 50's for it, but the "new car dealer" that RESOLD the used coupe said they did not make any vert for 2007....

I smiled and said, well I'm sorry, they made 2500 and some change for 07, just got the numbers off here today... well needless to say, they were a little mad that they had been out and out lied to.... they said they would have preferred a vert, but was told different...so to put them at ease I took them out and showed them the engine and all the car, so they knew it wasn't me, but their "NEW CAR DEALER" that was less than honest.

What do you say...

I can't believe that anybody that was planning on buying one of these car would be that uninformed. There iss so much info available on these cars that any buyer should know exactly what options were available, even right down to the actual invoice of the car if he wants to know what that is. He probably wouldn't have much trouble selling his coupe if he wants to go get a convertible.
'67 GT500
'87 GLHS
'07 GT500

#21 OFFLINE   ColdwaterHotrod

ColdwaterHotrod

Team Shelby Member #6 is BACK!

• Members E
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,772 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

I can believe it. New car salesman know when they have a sucker on the hook :hysterical2: Some folks just go around in life being clueless & then WHAM! it hits them & it's the newest, badest thing that's on the market & they have got to have it & run to the closest dealer near them & believe whatever they are told.......... BAaaaaaaaaaa

STUPID SHEEP!

Edited by ColdwaterHotrod, 26 July 2007 - 05:25 PM.

25% of the people you meet won’t like you & never will
25% of the people you meet won’t like you, but could be persuaded too
25% of the people you meet will like you, but could be persuaded not too
25% of the people you meet will like you & will stand by you

A bulldog can easily whoop a skunk any day of the week, but sometimes he realizes it’s not worth the stink.

It’s easier to start a fight then to end one

Proverbs 20:3 – “Avoiding a fight is a mark of Honor”

#22 OFFLINE   Joe G

Joe G

The one in the know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts
  • Joined 08-January 06
  • Interests:Speaking the truth

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:17 PM

But they DID in fact clearly state only 8000 for 08 will be built. That is in print.

For the 2008MY the U.S. Ford dealership production is approximately 8,000 units.

Only does not equal approximately.
Posted Image

#23 OFFLINE   Black Sunshine

Black Sunshine

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 362 posts
  • Joined 22-June 06
  • Interests:Mustangs<br />Hockey<br />Bass Guitar

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

My bet is that 2008 production will end up being close to 2007 production regardless of 1,000 or so KR units.
2007 Shelby GT500 Ebony coupe w/ Tungsten stripes
-Interior Upgrade Package
-Sirius Satelitte
-Shaker 1000 Stereo
-CS Auto'd Dash plaque and Shelby GT500 sill plates
Born November 4, 2006
#3236 of 8152 GT500 coupes
#586 of 1689 Ebony coupes
1 of 952 Ebony coupes with Tungsten Stripes

#24 OFFLINE   ShelbyDude

ShelbyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts
  • Joined 16-May 06

Posted 28 July 2007 - 02:59 PM

Expect the 08 GT500 unit build #s to be higher than 07 as the there will likely be fewer production delays and shutdowns. You can wipe your butt with the official "in print" prediction of 8k. This car is an absolute knock-out and the hottest thing that Ford has brought to the table in decades. There is no logical reason for Ford to curtail production of an offering that the performance enthusiasts are selling their souls for.

As far as what actual production numbers end up being is as good as anyone's guess. But as far as delays and shutdowns go, I don't recall any delays or unexpected shutdowns in 07. Any shutdowns were the normal shutdowns they have every year. Christmas, holiday and vacation.

In fact, the only delay I am aware of was the material hold on the Shaker 1000 for the convertible which was delayed until Nov 06. Any other delays were with shipping which had nothing to do with building them. They just filled the storage lots.

Now 08 is another matter because they already have an unexpected shutdown. The plant has been down for about two weeks now which was unexpected.

Last year at this time there were several hundred showing in inventory. Right now there are only 40 total 08's showing. This is a month since production started. So I would say they are already behind on production by at least several hundred units!

I also suppose Ford really plans to build a lot more and they just used the 8,000 number just as a ploy to have an excuse to screw all their SVT Dealers out of their 08 allocation just so they can really feed the allocation they would have got to their bigger favorite dealers instead. So it is just probably a conspiracy to trick everyone! Yeah, that must be it!

The last "official" word Ford gave on total production for 07 & 08 was approx. 18K - 19K total units over both years. So 10,864 units in 07 and approx. 8K units for 08 would be right on target with what they said they would build. If they build 8,136 for 08 that puts them right at 19K total over two years.

Now 09 has been a strong rumor going around from some employees that work at the plant. So if 09 is in fact a go, then I don't understand the reasoning behind cutting production back for 08. Why? Why not increase it if that is the case? Or at least keep it the same? This part makes absolutely no sense at all unless 09 is just a rumor and it isn't going to happen. But, when it comes to Ford most things they do never makes much sense!

Edited by ShelbyDude, 28 July 2007 - 03:01 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   ShelbyDude

ShelbyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,594 posts
  • Joined 16-May 06

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:43 PM

So now we can chissel the 8,000 units for 08 in granite because it is in print and "official". We do this with the understanding that the 07 estimates were wrong by the thousands. Does that make sense? Makes about as much sense as saying that a few hundred shortfall at this point compared to last year could not be rectified in eleven months. Unbelievable.

In April of 2006, 3 months before production started, Ford released they were going to build approx 9K units for 2007 and 9K units for 2008 with total two year production of approx. 18K - 19K units.

How does that translate into being wrong by thousands???

They went over 9K units by 1,864 and released that they were cutting 08 production to approx. 8K units. That would bring the total to 18,864 for two years which is right within the total production numbers they said they were going to build over two years.

I know in your mind the preliminary estimate of 7,000 they gave two years before the car came out constitutes being wrong by thousands, but that 7,000 number is meaningless after they officially announced the numbers would be 18K - 19K total over two years in April 2006. Now had they still stated only 7,000 up until the time they started production then your nonsense would be correct. But that is not the case.

Get out your calculator and apply a little simple math. 19,000 - 10,864 = 8,136. Yep! That looks to be right on with the 18K - 19K they said back in April 2006!

#26 OFFLINE   Five Oh B

Five Oh B

Stealth has its benefits...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • Joined 25-November 05
  • Region:Pacific Coast

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:01 AM

Poor Ford. They try to estimate demand for limited production Mustangs year after year, and adjust production when they see excess or minimal demand. They make people mad whether they build too many or if they build to few. They are going to build as many as they think they can sell - not limit production to make collector cars.

I started working at a Ford dealership in 1999. During that time, here's a few examples of Ford trying to guess how many limited editions to make, and how wrong they've been (high or low)....

1999 35th Anniversary Mustang GT. Ford planned to offer 6,000, but only 4,628 were built.
2000 Spring Feature Mustang GT. Ford planned to offer 6,000, but only 3,901 were built.
2001 Bullitt Mustang. Ford planned to offer 6,500, but only 5,582 were built.
2003 Mustang Mach 1. Ford planned to offer 6,500, but they cranked out 9,600+ and added a second year (2004) with 7,000+ more.
2003 SVT Cobra (Terminators). Ford typically built 8,000 Cobras per year, but ended up building twice as many in 2003.

Now we have the 2007-8 GT500's. Some people want them to be a limited run to enhance collectability, while others want them to be built in mass quantities so that everyone can eventually get one at a reasonable price. You can't make both groups happy, so what should Ford do?

Current Ride: 2014 Mustang GT Glass Roof Coupe. Ruby Red with the 6R80 automatic.
Mods: 4500 rpm Circle-D converter, Bama tuned, 1-piece aluminum driveshaft, BMR driveshaft loop.
Performance: Best 1/4 mile: 12.22 @ 111+ on a 1.66 sixty foot.
Prior Toys: 2011 Mustang Brembo GT Coupe, Vortech SuperCharged 2007 Mustang GT, 2003 Mustang Mach 1, 2000 Mustang "Spring Feature" GT, 1968 Pontiac GTO, 1972 Chevy Nova with 1966 Corvette L71 Tri-Power 427 V8 engine, 1989 Mustang 5.0L LX Sport, several other Mustangs, several Thunderbirds, etc.

#27 OFFLINE   Joe G

Joe G

The one in the know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts
  • Joined 08-January 06
  • Interests:Speaking the truth

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:31 AM

Now we have the 2007-8 GT500's. Some people want them to be a limited run to enhance collectability, while others want them to be built in mass quantities so that everyone can eventually get one at a reasonable price. You can't make both groups happy, so what should Ford do?

Stop production as soon as I get mine! :hysterical2:

j/k - I'd like to see everyone have one who wants one. To me, this means producing them in quantities that move our supply/demand curves down to MSRP type levels. No one's a looser. Ford's making $ without having to discount, dealers making $ without having to discount off of sticker, consumers (god forbid we care about them anymore!) can actually get a great car and enjoy it at a reasonable price.

Just one mans opinion. :shrug:
Posted Image

#28 OFFLINE   Ripthedealeroff

Ripthedealeroff

Shelby Hotel

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Joined 28-September 06

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:44 PM

Stop production as soon as I get mine! :hysterical2:

j/k - I'd like to see everyone have one who wants one. To me, this means producing them in quantities that move our supply/demand curves down to MSRP type levels. No one's a looser. Ford's making $ without having to discount, dealers making $ without having to discount off of sticker, consumers (god forbid we care about them anymore!) can actually get a great car and enjoy it at a reasonable price.

Just one mans opinion. :shrug:

Ford will do whatever makes them money...this includes the certification we're all going to pay $50 for.
They still don't get it do they. They lost all credibility with this "Halo Car" thanks to their not controlling their dealers and now they want us to pay for proof that our cars are really ours. SICKOS. By the way they are also sending out a letter with the certification which I will be burning on UTUBE...stay tuned, should get some good coverage. You'd think that "Mr. Boeing" would provide these certs at no charge as a PR move or just to be doing the right thing.

Edited by Ripthedealeroff, 01 August 2007 - 10:46 PM.

Support Big Red 81!

"If everything is under control, you're going too slow"- Mario Andretti

#29 OFFLINE   05stangkc

05stangkc

Team Shelby New Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 03-July 07

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:18 AM

I called this Morning and Got my Name on the List for the Info and Certificate! Very Cool!

#30 OFFLINE   aonebadbone

aonebadbone

Team Shelby Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Joined 19-December 06

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:27 AM

I called this Morning and Got my Name on the List for the Info and Certificate! Very Cool!

Edited by aonebadbone, 03 August 2007 - 10:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users