Jump to content

case12

Great Lakes Region
  • Content Count

    217
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About case12

  • Rank
    Team Shelby New Member
  • Birthday 12/20/1962

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://
  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Region
    Great Lakes
  • Interests
    Cars

Recent Profile Visitors

486 profile views
  1. I have a Berg snake center. Slightly thick-ish but slightly bendable. Adhesive on back. Goes in center of faux cap. Make sure get it straight the first time. $45. Includes shipping.
  2. I know I am late to this thread, but wanted to add that Little Red was the inspiration for the California Special. They were of course both coupes. The CS was advertised as the "poor man's Shelby" with design cues directly from Little Red. There is some really good documented history of Little Red in the CS Registry book. Little Red was shipped to Detroit by Lee Gray (who was in California) to get Iaccoca to ok the limited build CS. I lucked out and got the Shelby blueprints for the CS parts that came from Little Red cues. Engineering sign off and all (not copy's...the real things). I wrote about them and Little Red in Mustang Times. I also have some rare photos of Little Red, and a Shelby coupe, in Detroit on turntable, prototype that later became the CS. (Of course the Shelby coupe was never made...that is part of what makes CS part Shelby and part Mustang that came directly from Ford.) I had a concour de elagence CS at one time. It was featured on cover of MT and I had Iaccoca signed the mag for me. He remembered Little Red and connection to CS. (this amazed me as he has done so many things...but could remember these details). I also wrote and published in MT some articles about Little Red and the CS history. BTW, Lee Gray was still alive and told a story that Bill Cosby borrowed it - all this is in the CS Registry book. Hardback color nicely published about 12 years ago. That was a long time ago, and I sold my CS to build a 35 Ford traditional hot rod that I raced. The CS is in Australia now, and the 35 Ford is in Switzerland now. Because of it's history that convinced Iaccoca to build the CS, I would believe Kevin Marti 95%. The other 5% would be for anyone's human error. I also paid him to write a VIN report for me about the CS. He knew it and Little Red very well. I state this only on Kevin's reputation if he agrees with this recent find. I could write chapters on this car, but will stop here.... I only have my humble 07 Shelby GT-H convertible these days. So, still have Shelby close to the heart...who knows where in the world it may wind up. Right now my kids want it to stay in family. So, until I'm dead (or senile - quite likely) it stays here until they come get it....
  3. Are you using your stock wheels for winter tires?
  4. After years of fading, I am replacing vinyl stripes. Got another set for free. But the old stripes are "melted" into the paint on the bumper. No edges left. They turned sorta brownish. Just the bumpers. I have a vinyl shop friend try everything. He has never seen this happen. He said putting new vinyl over old won't work either. We tried and it just blew off. We may have to sand the bumpers down. It's wierd. Any ideas?
  5. What the hell? They still use vinyl stripes? One of the worst decisions they made in 06 and 07.
  6. Cerveni C series lower without foglights option? Any would need some mods probably. Just noticed these and wanted to pass along. Maybe helps.
  7. Please forgive me if I am way off base here, but could the lower grill needed be modified from one of the many American Muscle carries?
  8. Did you do something different with your headlights? From the angle of this picture it looks like the clear plastic cover is removed?
  9. Mine burnt out so often that I just gave up and unplugged them.
  10. I ran into another example years ago. In 1986 I bought a brand new 4 cylinder GLH turbo. Basically a Dodge Omni. Shelby built a version of this, the GLHS. It was fast! On the track it beat the 1966 Shelby Mustang in everything! Astounded everybody. Shelby said something like "of course I built a faster car than 20 years ago". I guess I am saying speed and power are not the only factor - and I would rather have a 1966 Shelby. ???
  11. If you like them (I do), then they certainly are inexpensive. Mine is a daily driver, so I bet it fits in this lower price category. It's not a GT500, or Hellcat. But, it is an authentic historical Shelby. I won't be selling mine cause I like it too. ?
  12. Why do you think the bid is only $13,900 with only 7 hours left? eBay item 232717735152
  13. That was a long time ago. Probably $75
×
×
  • Create New...