My car was delivered to me today, so that chapter of my life is over.
Sean Hyland Motorsports is easily the worst bunch of human beings I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I wouldn't take a go-kart to them, I have documented 17 lies I was told over the course of my build. I recorded all the phone calls I had with them, so I have a lot of smoking guns. Sean is a horrible man and I wish him nothing but failure for his business. There are 5-6 other people that probably feel the exact same way I do.
As others have said, Shelby pulled his authorization and he won't be allowed to look at another car.
There are still things not right with my car, I have no idea how it passed an "inspection".
1) The hood looks like it was buffed by a 3 year old with sandpaper, I have compound burn all over it. A few areas are not going to buff out, the hood will have to be repainted.
2) There are scratches in the striping, that will have to be redone.
3) The intercooler is improperly badged. It should say "Super Snake", but it says "Shelby". He was too lazy to order a new stencil and decided to just bs me about it and blame Shelby.
4) They scratched the lower rear of the car near the passenger side rear tire.
5) The car wasn't cleaned.
6) He took my weathertech mats, I'd like them back.
7) He removed my stone guards for the front wheel well, I'd also like them back.
Those are just the things I saw on the first quick look over, I will probably see more in the sun tomorrow.
Shelby has promised they're going to make things right, but so far my communication (or lackthereof) doesn't make me all that confident that they will follow through. 72 hours to reply to an email is ridiculous in 2015, especially for customers that feel their $60,000 investment in the car wasn't taken seriously and in the end is Shelby's fault for not properly auditing their authorized service shops.
If anyone has an email address that works for Joe Conway, the CEO of Shelby American, please pass it on. The ones I have just bounce back.
Honestly, I'm being kind.