Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lembeh

New Shelby GT350 Pricing advice

Recommended Posts

After saving and scrimping for the last 3 years I finally have enough to get into a new GT350. The one I am looking at is a 2019 GT350 in Ruby Red.

A local dealer (I am in the tri-state area) is offering $59k on a $66k MSRP vehicle (a lot of options included). Given that the 2020 is the final year run for the GT350 and the fact that this is a 2019 AND that we are in the middle of a crisis where dealers are willing to take things off due to a gap in sales............Do you guys think $59k is a good price for a 2019 well optioned GT350? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, anything below list is a good deal.  Do a search, country-wide, and see what prices are for similar cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At first blush, I'd say "Hell Yes!"

It sounds like the Additional Dealer Markup syndrome is finally breaking.    So I'm not surprised to see a 2019 model year car below MSRP.     Dealers are hungry to make sales.  Nevada had re-opened dealer sales floors but just yesterday closed them again. They can sell vehicles but only through no-contact sales, ie, think of KFC takeout.    I would expect that Nevada is not unique.  This puts a serious buyer in a very good position, buyer's market.   I'd suggest you go online and use Ford's inventory search tool to see what dealers have GT350s (and GT350R and GT500s) in stock, chances are you can make a MSRP or better deal. 

Edited by twobjshelbys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bet is this is just the beginning, pricing will only go down from here, but cars aren’t investments so if it is worth it to you go for it.  There are tons of GT350’s on lots.  I love the GT350, but I’m not willing to roll the dice on all the issues it has.  I don’t have the time Or patience to deal with a car that has the issues that one has.

 

Good Luck, if it were me I would pay more and get the Heritage Edition, that one in my opinion will have the best chance of holding its value in the future.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are not a lot of GT 350s available.  Each dealer was allocated only one per this year 2020 the smallest allocation of the run to concentrate on the GT 500.  The 59 grand price is a great price especially for a red one.  Where I live there are none at the dealers and Galpin ford only has one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just on Cargurus I show 94 within 150 miles of me, I consider that a lot, many have been for sale for well over a year.  They range from over $5K off to some dumb ass dealers still having $10K ADM's on them.

 

Personally I would find what I want in multiple dealers and negotiate them against each other, NO ONE is buying cars right now especially sports cars, you should be able to do better.  I see 2020's for that price so I would expect at least another $1500 or so for the 2019.  But personally I would buy the 2020 if the prices are that close.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know why people were griping about ADM's, all you have to do is shop around some. There were dozens of 2019 and 2020 Shelby GT350's available at or slightly below MSRP  within  100 miles of Dallas before the virus scare and now many are  at $10k below MSRP. Plenty of good deals out there right now on GT350s. Dallas area also has some 2020 GT500's below MSRP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2020 at 4:13 AM, carnut12 said:

My bet is this is just the beginning, pricing will only go down from here, but cars aren’t investments so if it is worth it to you go for it.  There are tons of GT350’s on lots.  I love the GT350, but I’m not willing to roll the dice on all the issues it has.  I don’t have the time Or patience to deal with a car that has the issues that one has.

 

Good Luck, if it were me I would pay more and get the Heritage Edition, that one in my opinion will have the best chance of holding its value in the future.

 

I am curious, what are "all the issues"? I am looking at tons of forums, and recalls (which there are none) and do not see any issues with the GT350. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Simpkins said:

I am curious, what are "all the issues"? I am looking at tons of forums, and recalls (which there are none) and do not see any issues with the GT350. 

 

The main issue I am speaking about is the Oil burning issue, lots of blown engines and/or engines needing replacement.  Many folks have to go back and forth with Ford to get a new engine or not, personally I barely have time to enjoy my toys, the last thing I am going to do with my extra time is deal with a broken car.  The other common complaint is the vibration, I know that would drive me crazy after a while.  15 years ago I would be all in, older now with Kids that play sports and such my priorities have changed, I have very little time for my cars.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, David Simpkins said:

I am curious, what are "all the issues"? I am looking at tons of forums, and recalls (which there are none) and do not see any issues with the GT350. 

Excessive oil consumption (and the failures associated with that).  Recalls are not issued except for safety issues, e.g., wheel falls off.  Oil consumption would be addressed by a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin).  You only know about TSBs when you bring a vehicle to the service department with that particular failure mode.    Ford will NOT reach out to you. 

The Voodoo engine failure rate is statistically significant above the 6 sigma failure rate of around 4 per million. 

And if you measure a 6-sigma satisfaction rate it is even higher.  Ford claims that a quart or more per 1000 miles is "tolerable".  Might be to them, certainly wouldn't be to me. 

Edited by twobjshelbys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a little over 1000 miles on my 2020 GT350 and have not used any measurable oil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2020 at 2:29 AM, twobjshelbys said:

Excessive oil consumption (and the failures associated with that).  Recalls are not issued except for safety issues, e.g., wheel falls off.  Oil consumption would be addressed by a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin).  You only know about TSBs when you bring a vehicle to the service department with that particular failure mode.    Ford will NOT reach out to you. 

The Voodoo engine failure rate is statistically significant above the 6 sigma failure rate of around 4 per million. 

And if you measure a 6-sigma satisfaction rate it is even higher.  Ford claims that a quart or more per 1000 miles is "tolerable".  Might be to them, certainly wouldn't be to me. 

That is incorrect in regard to ford not notifying you, I have only owned Fords and I have received all issues with both my F-250 and my Shelby. In regard to the absolute absurdity that is 6 sigma, I do not care about that in the least. In regard to the engine failures due to oil consumption, well is an owner issue. Check your oil, make sure that it is not falling below safe operating levels and you will be fine, its called owner maintenance and anyone with a vehicle that does not check their fluid levels regularly should not own anything other than a minivan or a Hyundai, definitely not a high performance car like a Shelby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 1:01 AM, slygray1 said:

I have a little over 1000 miles on my 2020 GT350 and have not used any measurable oil.

I have nearly 6000 on mine and have had no oil consumption whatsoever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update guys. The dealer I was working with did not want to budge on the 59k price on the 2019 Shelby GT350. Looked around a bunch on Autotrader and found one listed about 2.5 hours away from me in PA (I am in NJ). Dealer was great to work (all correspondence via email and phone since the dealership was shut due to state issued Covid 19 order). Settled on a 2020 Black Shelby GT350 for 59k. It had all the options I wanted. Just picked up the car yesterday and drove it up. Pretty stoked it's a 2020 and the Black with the black wheels looks amazing. Want to give a shout out to Twin Pine Ford, they were super professional and friendly when we picked the car up, its a family run business which I also like supporting. Really psyched to share some photos soon, its been raining here the last 24 hours :( Will post some photos of the "Batmobile" when it clears up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you let the other dealer know that he lost the sale and why.   Sounds like you actually got the 2020 for below sticker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it was listed for 64500. With Tech package, Carbon fiber instrument panel (which is awesome) and some other things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See, some dealers are hungry.  The coronavirus has all but closed them and their floorplan interest keeps stacking up.  Like loan sharks, Ford wants their money one way or the other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of tri state dealers in general won’t budge on what they want to sell for because they know some guy is going to walk thru their doors and pay a wad of cash. I was thinking with Covid the tri state market would soften but some are still holding their ground. I’m glad I didn’t give in even for a couple of thousand and instead was able to get the car I want at a price I could afford and in turn support a family run business out. 

Edited by lembeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Several 2020 GT350's in Dallas area being advertised for 5k under MSRP and can probably be negotiated lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Several 2020 GT350's in Dallas area being advertised for 5k under MSRP and can probably be negotiated lower.

Yep. Dealers are getting hungry.  Won't be long before GT500 deals start.  Then you'll have a choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 6:41 AM, lembeh said:

Quick update guys. The dealer I was working with did not want to budge on the 59k price on the 2019 Shelby GT350. Looked around a bunch on Autotrader and found one listed about 2.5 hours away from me in PA (I am in NJ). Dealer was great to work (all correspondence via email and phone since the dealership was shut due to state issued Covid 19 order). Settled on a 2020 Black Shelby GT350 for 59k. It had all the options I wanted. Just picked up the car yesterday and drove it up. Pretty stoked it's a 2020 and the Black with the black wheels looks amazing. Want to give a shout out to Twin Pine Ford, they were super professional and friendly when we picked the car up, its a family run business which I also like supporting. Really psyched to share some photos soon, its been raining here the last 24 hours :( Will post some photos of the "Batmobile" when it clears up. 

Congratulations man! Look forward to seeing that 350!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on your new ride ..:happyfeet:  pictures please when it stops raining. That’s a great price for a 2020. No body in the Atlanta area would mark a 2020 down much. A 2019 GT 350  you could find at $57K if you worked the manager.

Just picked up a ( kind of used ) 2019 GT 350 yesterday  The original owner had it for a Month. Local pro athlete in the Atlanta area. Only 186 miles on her. Got it way under sticker. 

. Sold my C8 last week to a guy in Texas and made out like a bandit. Transport company just picked her up today 

138279F1-9340-465C-9626-398A3E062763.jpeg

6EAEFFE3-94F0-47C8-89FE-20AA0BF028D5.jpeg

9FA5CD74-17CB-4188-85D6-0C1C5134FBF8.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 4:30 AM, twobjshelbys said:

Yep. Dealers are getting hungry.  Won't be long before GT500 deals start.  Then you'll have a choice.

Plenty of good deals out there right now. Lots of 2019 GT350's for  sale in the $53k range within 500 miles of Texas. Not buying any  car right now, doing some day trading of stocks instead and setting the profits aside to buy something late summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Congrats on your new ride ..:happyfeet:  pictures please when it stops raining. That’s a great price for a 2020. No body in the Atlanta area would mark a 2020 down much. A 2019 GT 350  you could find at $57K if you worked the manager.

Just picked up a ( kind of used ) 2019 GT 350 yesterday  The original owner had it for a Month. Local pro athlete in the Atlanta area. Only 186 miles on her. Got it way under sticker. 

. Sold my C8 last week to a guy in Texas and made out like a bandit. Transport company just picked her up today 

138279F1-9340-465C-9626-398A3E062763.jpeg

6EAEFFE3-94F0-47C8-89FE-20AA0BF028D5.jpeg

9FA5CD74-17CB-4188-85D6-0C1C5134FBF8.jpeg

Cool, tough looking Shelby GT 350 R for sure.   Hey bud, another one with Black wheels, I’m starting to think Black wheels are growing on ya, what’s your thought on that???   :hysterical:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mongoose....

Yeah black wheels is the only choice on the GT 350. 13 years ago I didn’t like them on the SGT. But today I’m ok with them . The thing is loud without the resonators. The R comes that way. Years ago I really wanted one but the dealers didn’t cooperate. They are limited in numbers and this year will be it. I personally have always liked the black with the black stripes outlined in red . It just pops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose....

Yeah black wheels is the only choice on the GT 350. 13 years ago I didn’t like them on the SGT. But today I’m ok with them . The thing is loud without the resonators. The R comes that way. Years ago I really wanted one but the dealers didn’t cooperate. They are limited in numbers and this year will be it. I personally have always liked the black with the black stripes outlined in red . It just pops. 

Yes, I have to admit it’s pretty cool looking with kind of a nasty sinister look to it, especially from the front with those Black matte stripes and then out-lined with Red thin stripes, very fetching indeed! :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 7:23 PM, lembeh said:

A lot of tri state dealers in general won’t budge on what they want to sell for because they know some guy is going to walk thru their doors and pay a wad of cash. I was thinking with Covid the tri state market would soften but some are still holding their ground. I’m glad I didn’t give in even for a couple of thousand and instead was able to get the car I want at a price I could afford and in turn support a family run business out. 

Good job lembeh, congrats on your new Shelby. Post some pics when you get the chance.

Edited by mhr1961

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pictures please. :camera:

On 4/26/2020 at 4:41 PM, lembeh said:

Quick update guys. The dealer I was working with did not want to budge on the 59k price on the 2019 Shelby GT350. Looked around a bunch on Autotrader and found one listed about 2.5 hours away from me in PA (I am in NJ). Dealer was great to work (all correspondence via email and phone since the dealership was shut due to state issued Covid 19 order). Settled on a 2020 Black Shelby GT350 for 59k. It had all the options I wanted. Just picked up the car yesterday and drove it up. Pretty stoked it's a 2020 and the Black with the black wheels looks amazing. Want to give a shout out to Twin Pine Ford, they were super professional and friendly when we picked the car up, its a family run business which I also like supporting. Really psyched to share some photos soon, its been raining here the last 24 hours :( Will post some photos of the "Batmobile" when it clears up. 

 

Edited by mach 1 1970

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies for the delay! Here is the beast. Its been decent weather here the last few days, already have put on 750 miles on her.  This car gets a lot of attention, from my neighbors, neighbors' neighbors and then some.

 

 

IMG_9062.jpg

IMG_8980.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, lembeh said:

Apologies for the delay! Here is the beast. Its been decent weather here the last few days, already have put on 750 miles on her.  This car gets a lot of attention, from my neighbors, neighbors' neighbors and then some.

 

 

IMG_9062.jpg

IMG_8980.PNG

:happyfeet:Super nice ride for sure enjoy her. .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...