Staff

Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary Package Update

I know one thing those border guards have the power of god. I would not chance them tearing your car apart and empounding it if you get caught. It is not worth it!!! Just be honest. It is not worth the 3 grand. IMHO!!

I guess I have to agree... I've seen what they can do if they want <yikes!> ..was just curious where the 'line' is, but, yeah, not worth the risk for sure.

I know one thing those border guards have the power of god. I would not chance them tearing your car apart and empounding it if you get caught. It is not worth it!!! Just be honest. It is not worth the 3 grand. IMHO!!

There was never any question in my mind that I'd be declaring the mods. Maybe in my younger days... I have a small business, and I just have to think about the effect of an article in the paper: "Local businessman smuggles car across border."

I don't think anyone here was suggesting such a thing. Just looking for the rules, Officer! Honest!

There was never any question in my mind that I'd be declaring the mods. Maybe in my younger days... I have a small business, and I just have to think about the effect of an article in the paper: "Local businessman smuggles car across border."

I don't think anyone here was suggesting such a thing. Just looking for the rules, Officer! Honest!

:hysterical: for sure ;-)

Has anyone heard an update on the performance options for the 40th package? I'm number 103 and was told that I should be getting ready to ship it out to Vegas next month but I want to do the brake system and possibly the 600hp option, but there's still no price yet for the hp.

Has anyone heard an update on the performance options for the 40th package? I'm number 103 and was told that I should be getting ready to ship it out to Vegas next month but I want to do the brake system and possibly the 600hp option, but there's still no price yet for the hp.

No word that I've heard (sorry for the riming).

KingCobra.

My car is scheduled to arrive at SAI on October 23. Cynthia (SAI) informed be that only the 40th Package is available at this time. No brake or hp upgrades. However, I am happy, for the 40th package is awesome enough for me....

My car is scheduled to arrive at SAI on October 23. Cynthia (SAI) informed be that only the 40th Package is available at this time. No brake or hp upgrades. However, I am happy, for the 40th package is awesome enough for me....

That might explain why I'm not scheduled yet. :(

Get a copy of the the Shelby parts catalog. There you will find just about all of the parts listed to make your car just what you want it to be. About the only thing you can't buy is the cachet of getting it done at Shelby and the serialized plaques.

Hey, KingCobra ..nice sig-area pics, I see :happy feet:

Looking great!!!! ...soon to be updated in silver stripes :bandance: ;-)

Dan

Edited by 68fastback

Hey, KingCobra ..nice sig-area pics, I see :happy feet:

Looking great!!!! ...soon to be updated in silver stripes :bandance: ;-)

Dan

Thanks Dan.

10 days to go, and we're off to Vegas to pick up my baby.

See you at the BBQ Dan.

KingCobra.

Thanks Dan.

10 days to go, and we're off to Vegas to pick up my baby.

See you at the BBQ Dan.

KingCobra.

...for sure, James! ;-)

King,

I agree with your comments regarding Mr. Shelby not being and engineer but engineering the ride for success.

As far as the stripes go, I'm still one of those not on board that my car will end up with the look that I can live with long term after the 40th package is installed. I have yet to see a Performance White with the Special Shelby Satin Silver Stripes (SSSSS) but my expectations, unfortunately, are not very high for the final look. Performance White/Satin Silver will look just like the 07 SGT, which is not as striking most other color combinations and may be one of the reasons they are not selling. I'd like to see the actual figures of the 07 SGT white vs black sold to see which is more popular.

I'm keeping the option open to remove the Silver Stripes and replace with the original Tungsten. This was a trade off that I had to come to grips with in order to get the 40th Anniversary package and performance upgrades.

Contrary to preproduction rheteric, there is at least one Vista Blue that does not have Satin Silver Stripes that has been converted to a 40th Anniversary package and registered with Shelby. It retained it's Performance Whie stripes. It belongs to the winner of the 2007 Shelby GT500 raffle. He lives somewhere in AZ.

:redcard: The raffle car is not a registered 40th Anniversary car. It just has a few of the 40th parts on it. I was at SAI the day the winner took delivery of the car and noticed some things different about it and asked JW what's up. He said they just added a few 40th pieces but it is not a 40th Anniversary car.

:redcard: The raffle car is not a registered 40th Anniversary car. It just has a few of the 40th parts on it. I was at SAI the day the winner took delivery of the car and noticed some things different about it and asked JW what's up. He said they just added a few 40th pieces but it is not a 40th Anniversary car.

That doesn't matter, it was titled to Carroll, it's a 1 of a kind & won by a lucky shelby lover. I wouldn't turn it down no matter what, would you? it will be worth even more in the long run.

Edited by ColdwaterHotrod

"In addition to belonging to Mr. Shelby, the raffle prize is the only Shelby GT500 featuring white racing stripes that is fitted with a 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Package. The component upgrade package consists of distinctive visual and performance enhancements, including exclusive 40th Anniversary Shelby badges throughout the car."

Sorry John for the bogus information. I was recalling this quote that I read somewhere. I'd post a link, but don't know how. A search of Shelby gt500 winner will get you there.

The car appears to have the 40th badging as it states in the article, but if it isn't registered to anyone but the man himself, that's good enought for me. I wonder if the guy wants to trade straight up?

Hi there, is this still current for the 40th?

You must own a 2007 GT500

or Convertible $12,499

Tax not included.

Also, can I sub the 20" Alcoas for the Razors?

Thanks!

DH

Hi there, is this still current for the 40th?

You must own a 2007 GT500

or Convertible $12,499

Tax not included.

Also, can I sub the 20" Alcoas for the Razors?

Thanks!

DH

It must be a 2007 to do the 40th.

They normally will not sub any parts of the package. You have some upgrade choices as far as brakes and wheel colors and performance upgrades.

I dealt with Cynthia Robinson for mine, she can give you all the ordering info. Here's her email address CynthiaR@shelbyautos.com