moabman

Removing front fender GT emblems

I was told that they are bolted on and then somebody I met at last weekend's Dyno Day swears that they are just stuck on with the 3M urethane pressure tape. Can anyone confirm this? If it's true, I'll be out there tonight with my goo-gone and my wife's hair dryer :happy feet: (don't tell the wife) :ninja:

Mine were bolted on. Sorry.

Must of know you were going to need the extra reinforcement......... :hysterical2:

Hair dryer and thin fishing line. Work the line thru the double backing tape with the knowledge you will hit two 'guide posts'. With a minimum of heat, the filiment will cut thru the tape... like buttah!

Personal experience talking here...

Hair dryer and thin fishing line. Work the line thru the double backing tape with the knowledge you will hit two 'guide posts'. With a minimum of heat, the filiment will cut thru the tape... like buttah!

Personal experience talking here...

I chickened out after Ruf said his were bolted but that is a great idea pit pup. That tape is a mess and when I took my stock spoiler off, I had a hard time getting the residual stuff off before I put the GT500 spoiler on. It's more important here because I'm not going to put anything over the spot where the emblems were and the whole point is to avoid additional bodywork. So there are holes that need to be filled for the guide posts?

Bolted or just stuck on, there are holes in the fender. If you take the GT emblems off, you have to put something else back on. I switched my GT emblems for the V6 Pony Package tri bar emblems.

Here's a pic of my original fender.

You actually put the fender on the wall? :hysterical: I guess you really do LOVE that baby huh! I polish mine so much that my wife thinks I'm crazy. :hysterical2:

Now I can tell her I'm not alone! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

You actually put the fender on the wall? :hysterical: I guess you really do LOVE that baby huh! I polish my Johnson so much that my wife thinks I'm crazy. :hysterical2:

Now I can tell her I'm not alone! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

WTF? :hysterical2:

Here's a pic of my original fender.

:redcard:

NO

you do not have a fender hanging on your wall?

I used a new body filler spreader and a heat gun, the spreader is less likely to leave any marks or scratches.

Anyone wanting to remove ANY emblems that use 2 sided tape without any chance of damage from pulling and prying simply heat up emblem, get some fishing line ( 10 lb or up) and use it to slide back and forth in a sawing motion. Then let fender cool and remove residue .

Welcome to the forums, hireman. :happy feet:

Interesting how you chose this thread for your first post!

Good to have you with us.

We'll go easy on you until you reach 10 posts - then the gloves come off. :hysterical2:

I'm not going to remove them because although they are not bolted on, there is a hole in the fender where a pin on the emblem fits to locate the emblem correctly. I was only going to take them off if it didn't add any body work. I'm saving all my money for the supercharger :happy feet:

from what i have read even the scoops are two sided taped on the hood.

could some one direct me to a post that shows you how to put photobucket pictures up?

THANK YOU

Edited by BLOWN