mrfarmdog

Speed of Sound Center Dash Pods

I currently have the SOS dual A piller pods on my car now and I love them, but I really wanted extra gauges mounted on the center dash. Alan and Mike at SOS have designed a center dash pod cluster but there were some issues with it fitting on the leather dash due to the extra height of the leather. They have since solved that delima and tomorrow the dual A piller pods come out and the tripple dash pods go in! My car will be in Vegas so those of you coming to the birthday bash come by and check it out in person.

Here is a link to the cluster on the SOS website!

I currently have the SOS dual A piller pods on my car now and I love them, but I really wanted extra gauges mounted on the center dash. Alan and Mike at SOS have designed a center dash pod cluster but there were some issues with it fitting on the leather dash due to the extra height of the leather. They have since solved that delima and tomorrow the dual A piller pods come out and the tripple dash pods go in! My car will be in Vegas so those of you coming to the birthday bash come by and check it out in person.

Sweet,those are nice.I'd like to see your car. :hysterical:

Please post pics after the install; I've been looking at this product. If you don't drill how is it mounted? I think the Shelby gauge cluster is velcro mounted.

Looking foreword to it.

Alan

I like their pillar pods better. Maybe the look just needs to grow on me. They look too modern for the car, IMO.

I had to think about it quite a bit myself. I love the piller pods but the gauges are "in your face" so to speak, and they stand out like a sore thumb at night. I often have people driving up next to me and trying to see what the gauges are. Sometimes the lights from the gauges bother me when driving at night as well. Alan has used my car a couple of times for fitment so I have seen firsthand what the end product will look like in my car so I think I will be pretty happy.

I believe the piece has some hooks that fit in the vents and then slide under the dash in front and double sided tape holds it in place.

I don't think these are the answer for everyone, but SOS is doing a great job of giving us quality options!

I had to think about it quite a bit myself. I love the piller pods but the gauges are "in your face" so to speak, and they stand out like a sore thumb at night. I often have people driving up next to me and trying to see what the gauges are. Sometimes the lights from the gauges bother me when driving at night as well. Alan has used my car a couple of times for fitment so I have seen firsthand what the end product will look like in my car so I think I will be pretty happy.

I believe the piece has some hooks that fit in the vents and then slide under the dash in front and double sided tape holds it in place.

I don't think these are the answer for everyone, but SOS is doing a great job of giving us quality options!

SOS makes great stuff. I have the tripple pillar pod and love it as I did my double before. The light issue is one that I agree with - I mounted the A/F guage on the bottom for that reason and the others I ran through the dimmer so it isn't a big prolem for me but I tink if SOS makes it then it will come out looking good.

Thanks John for posting the news of your install.

Since he's local, John's been able to lend us a hand with his GT500 on a few occassions as we developed these new parts. The leather covered dashboard found in the GT500 has caused numerous fitment problems for those with Autometer and CDC center dash gauge pods. We, too, fell prey to it with our original design of the Concept 1 dash pod.

John is getting one of the very first units of our revised Concept 1 dash pod. The base assembly is now correctly trimmed to allow for a seamless installation with the leather dashboard, and still requires absolutely no drilling of the dash for a secure installation.

I like their pillar pods better. Maybe the look just needs to grow on me. They look too modern for the car, IMO.

Wanted to touch on this a bit. I think I'm at fault for not showing a "little more" of the product on my site. The studio photographs are nice for the product detail, but I'm going to get some wider shots of the part when John's install is finished. While some new pics may or may not change your mind, I think it will be more beneficial for forming an opinion of the part. Santa brought me a new camera, so I'm aiming to get some nice images to share.

For the record, I'm glad you like the pillars! I know there are quite a few GT500s running around with them, and also with our CNC radio/cupholder panels. We're glad to have the support of the GT500 community, and appreciate it.

Alan @ SOS

Welcome to the site Alan!

I am looking forward to the install!

Thanks, I didn't realize this was my first post! :happy feet:

Pretty excited to see the finished job, myself. I'll see you at the shop, I'm sure.

Thanks John for posting the news of your install.

Since he's local, John's been able to lend us a hand with his GT500 on a few occassions as we developed these new parts. The leather covered dashboard found in the GT500 has caused numerous fitment problems for those with Autometer and CDC center dash gauge pods. We, too, fell prey to it with our original design of the Concept 1 dash pod.

John is getting one of the very first units of our revised Concept 1 dash pod. The base assembly is now correctly trimmed to allow for a seamless installation with the leather dashboard, and still requires absolutely no drilling of the dash for a secure installation.

Wanted to touch on this a bit. I think I'm at fault for not showing a "little more" of the product on my site. The studio photographs are nice for the product detail, but I'm going to get some wider shots of the part when John's install is finished. While some new pics may or may not change your mind, I think it will be more beneficial for forming an opinion of the part. Santa brought me a new camera, so I'm aiming to get some nice images to share.

For the record, I'm glad you like the pillars! I know there are quite a few GT500s running around with them, and also with our CNC radio/cupholder panels. We're glad to have the support of the GT500 community, and appreciate it.

Alan @ SOS

Alan please take some more pics, that may change my view and a few others..... I have the SOS triple gauge POD myself and love it... Looks like it should have been there from the factory to start.. Great work on the piece.

Alan please take some more pics, that may change my view and a few others..... I have the SOS triple gauge POD myself and love it... Looks like it should have been there from the factory to start.. Great work on the piece.

i'd love to see a pic installed on the shelby, i've been following this on modfords

i'd love to see a pic installed on the shelby, i've been following this on modfords

Check out my pics.... SOS tri pod is in there along with a few other beauties.....

post-12379-1199330024_thumb.jpg

post-12379-1199330024_thumb.jpg

Edited by Torrence

Hey SOS welcome to the site. I like the look myself. I don't think I'll go with the pillar pod. But the center dash pod is the one i really like. I'll be getting one, and one of your console switch panels. Looks awesome, Thanks Alan for the info and r & d for Shelby GT500

Tim

Thanks, I didn't realize this was my first post! :happy feet:

Pretty excited to see the finished job, myself. I'll see you at the shop, I'm sure.

I just checked out the cup holder switch deal on your web site - very cool looking product. I'll be looking at this if I get more things to run on the switches for sure....and it's nice to have a place to put the gauge for Nitrouse pressure should some one go that route.

I have the triple pillar pod and raptor claw attachement as shown here - oh how I miss that weather

post-3980-1199382312_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1199382312_thumb.jpg

Hey Farmdog, if you're reading this, go pick up your car! :happy feet:

The gauge install went well, and the new setup looks fantastic IMHO. The viewing angle is spot-on, and the raptor mount works very well too.

I'll add some more shots as I resize them, but here's a quick one for now:

214862.jpg

Hey Farmdog, if you're reading this, go pick up your car! :happy feet:

The gauge install went well, and the new setup looks fantastic IMHO. The viewing angle is spot-on, and the raptor mount works very well too.

I'll add some more shots as I resize them, but here's a quick one for now:

214862.jpg

looks good, i'll be going with that setup

looks good, i'll be going with that setup

What I like about it is that it does not mess up the lines of the dash and still looks relatively stock. Also I was used to the A piller but now that it is gone I feel like I have better visibility. Good work Alan and SOS!

What I like about it is that it does not mess up the lines of the dash and still looks relatively stock. Also I was used to the A piller but now that it is gone I feel like I have better visibility. Good work Alan and SOS!

Thanks for being such an accommodating test subject. Allowing us some seat time helped us fully address the leather dash spacing, and I'm very pleased with the results.

John, the viewing angle to the center pod was the thing that struck me most today. Forward vision seems comfortable, and the gauge setup just seemed sooooo easy to read. Liked it a lot, FWIW.

*edit*

Thought some of you would like this pic. John's car also helped me tinker with my Christmas present, a new camera.

214869.jpg

*edit*

Another photo, showing a very fortunate "accident". The left/right edges of the lower assembly perfectly follow the stitching in the center dash valley, and this was not by design. The original design was completed before we encountered our first leather dash, and the fact the two lines match was a pleasant surprise. haha

214870.jpg

Edited by speedofsound

The weather was half way decent today so I decided to take a few pictures. My camera is not working right but this should give you a better idea of what this product looks like. I put boost on the left, air/fuel wide band in center and fuel pressure on the right. Someone pointed out to me the other day that having them that way is only logical since you have boost (air) on left and fuel on right with air fuel (mixture of air and fuel) in the middle. I put them that way just because I thought having analog on each side looked better :hysterical2: Regardless I really like it! Thanks Alan and SOS for a great new product!

SOSdash.jpg

SOSdash2.jpg

SOSdash3.jpg

SOSdash4.jpg

SOSdash5.jpg

SOSright.jpg

SOSleft.jpg

I like this look :happy feet: Way better than the Shelby gauge cluster. I will be ordering one :happy feet:

Car looks great John!! Nice to see the top down.

Regards,

Joe

Edited by Joemat

What is that piece in the upper center between the first two gauges?

That is a Raptor Claw shift light. It does not come with the SOS gauge cluster but it is very cheap and worth it if you are going to the drag strip. I have mine set at 6000 RPM. It works just like the SVT light in the dash when it is turned on, but I can not see that deep in the dash when I am drag racing so this works much better for me. It is LED lights. You can put one of several plastic covers over the light to make it the color your want. I had yellow originally but the yellow stuck out on the center dash so I put the blue cover on it. It looks black until it lights up.

so they look great and now we need a price for it.

I believe it is $139. You can get them directly from SOS or from Lethal Performance. They posted a thread on here in November 07 about it.

Alan/Speed of Sound -- Welcome to the site! I have their A-pillar pod and it works great. One of my favorite mods!

I believe it is $139. You can get them directly from SOS or from Lethal Performance. They posted a thread on here in November 07 about it.

Looks great, how was fishing the wires through the dash? I was planning on a triple pillar pod but after seeing yours I am having second thoughts. Thanks for the pics

$139?

Is that just for the pod?

Which gauges did you get?

Is yours the stick on or the one with holes drilled into the dash?

Can you drive your car here so I can see it in person? :hysterical2:

$139?

Is that just for the pod? // yes, just the pod

Which gauges did you get? // ?? - looks like Auto meter Cobalt series

Is yours the stick on or the one with holes drilled into the dash? // this is the special one for our imitation leather dashes (GT500), no drill

Can you drive your car here so I can see it in person? :hysterical2: