• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
SFcobra65

Die-Cast collections

NO Gurney Saleen has been made in any scale diecast

Its very odd the thinking of these diecast companies on which models to make as some Mustangs say a 67 Shelby has been made in every version and versions that never existed instead of doing Mustangs that have never been made in diecast like the Gurney Saleen and the following Mustangs which have never been made...

88-93 Saleen Conv.'s

92 SAAC MK1 - about 15 years ago I had the guy at GMP going to do the 92 SAAC MK1 into diecast because they were doing the Fox Body's 

16 Shelby Terlingua

93 Saleen SA-10

14 Saleen SA-30

89 Saleen SSC

Many of the recent Gran Sport and SCCA Racing Boss 302's and Shelby GT350's

Would like to see Exoto or Auto Art do the Ford GT LeMans Racing versions plus all the mid 2000 Ford GT Racing versions

Hello again:  I think the main reason that the diecast companys only make certain models is they're in business to make money, and as much as they can as fast as they can!  This means (Sales in volume) which is more dollars for them!  So they try and pick the ones they think they will make the most profit on and try to keep there cost down because it is very expensive to tool up for these diecasts.  They want their models to be popular , but they also need the (Sales in volume) to make it worth doing.  It's a fairly competitive business and as always the almighty dollar rules!  Also, everybody has different likes and dislikes on cars, and they can't make them all!  One of my wife's and mine favorite cars is the Steve Saleen and Parnelli Jones Mustang!   Excellent design all the way around, right on down to the tires!  Great rims, strong engine, and awesome shaker hood and graphics!:clapping:

Talk at  Ya,   Later!

"MONGOOSE"

One of the companies I've followed, and purchased a few pieces from, is Automodello. Their resin cars are low production runs, a bit of a price to them, but their detail and proportios are outstanding. I've got the '62 Mustang Dan Gurney edition (signed), and the Bricklin SV-1 signed by the designer. They do some unique stuff, and I'm starting t see a tend towards the resin cars.

My "Dan Gurney for President" Daytona Coupe (Exoto) is probably the jewel in my collection.

Very cool, I too have the "Dan Gurney for President" Daytona Coupe(Exoto)!  And I also have the number 26 Daytona Coupe that Bob Bondurant drove for Shelby.  I also have a picture of Bob signing it on the roof at Road America for me.:camera:  Here's a cool FYI if you already didn't know.  When Carroll Shelby and Bob and the other racers were coming back from the races overseas on the boat Carroll was talking about possibly dumping the cars in the ocean before they got back!  Luckily , Bob and the other drivers talked Carroll out of it!  Later, Bob purchased the No.26 Daytona for $3000.:)  I don't recall the Automodello Brand, but the resin cars can be really cool also.   A Dan Gurney edition, Mustang, (signed) is really cool!  Bricklin SV-1 was also kind of a cool car, and having it signed by the designer makes it more unique!:clapping:

I actually did know about the plan to dump the Daytonas in the ocean, having read various accounts including the Friedman Cobra Daytona book. Some of the other unique piece in my collection are special engine build posters from the Romeo engine plant, both Mach 1 engine and Ford GT engine posters. Hmmm...can't seem to recall whom I got those from???

Edited by falcongtho3
  • Like 1

Hey it’s not a model but I have both Carroll Shelby and Bob Bondurant signatures on my 07 Shelby GT. Haha. 

Since we are talking about resin have any of you purchased any slot cars. I’ve have a few and the outside details are really cool. I’ll post a few later. 

05326DDE-27D5-4DBF-A678-CD2245482161.jpeg

409DEB93-5DD6-4A31-BFD5-7C8D5AD56F0D.jpeg

• Like 1

We go to the Rolex 24 @ Daytona every year in January. This Corvette 2013 Daytona prototype is Very rare and they never come up for sale. It’s really small... for comparison look at the quarter. For such a small resin model it has great detail. I bought this car from the company that usually make these cars for the race teams. He was @ Daytona where these were for sale. These race cars have been retired since 2015. Cadillac now is the brand that GM races in the prototype class. It’s FIA and IMSA sanction now. 

Last pictures some random slot cars  

8E6BDF3B-24AD-49E3-A57E-5CD4E9D52A58.jpeg

CC038783-467D-4F49-A995-D112EFD8148B.jpeg

03E6BBC3-640B-497C-9FA8-353E73A3D09E.jpeg

C25D26F6-F7CB-45C8-8378-0457D2D92A5D.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

This Ford Daytona Prototype was the car that ford used to developed their current V/6 turbo they race in the Ford GT . It’s a slot car and has great detail. Its the only model that has been made to date . I don’t race these cars just collect them . No body makes this car in any scale and I love it. I’ve watched it race @  the Rolex 24 at Daytona 2010/2014  for many years. There were several teams that raced this car with Ford backing. You can find these slot cars on ebay for about $45 they are made of plastic . The last picture shows some mustang slot cars . The boss mustang cars are pretty cool. The slot cars are kind of neat because they make cars that aren’t made in diecast .They are easy to display handle and never ever any paint issue down the road . 

Ok now back to diecast  

069A967C-B474-44C5-9E42-FFA74FC0AE23.jpeg

B9911B8F-4C83-4F39-97D2-AAD603F344DC.jpeg

5D59D91E-BFB0-411D-A793-A8698DE8294D.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Anything to do with automobilya is always really cool to collect ,whether it is posters,books, or models, etc.   As far as slot cars go, years ago I used to build some and then take them downtown to the race track to race them with my buddies! I currently don't have any , but a good friend of mine collects some to display in his garage along side his 1969 Boss Mustang with 10,000 original miles on it!  He built a garage ,(Showroom / Museum) just to show his car and his tons of collectables, (Awesome)!  Your slot cars are very cool and they don't take up much space for display!  Carroll's and Bob's signitures are also pretty cool too!   I personally met Bob Bondurant a few times for some signings and he is a very cool character!  I will try and post more pics in the future after I get more comfortable with the process!:)

Talk at  Ya,    Later!

"MONGOOSE"

I'll just say my friends call my apartment 'the museum' for a reason. Guess I'll have to post up some pics as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Anything to do with automobilya is always really cool to collect ,whether it is posters,books, or models, etc.   As far as slot cars go, years ago I used to build some and then take them downtown to the race track to race them with my buddies! I currently don't have any , but a good friend of mine collects some to display in his garage along side his 1969 Boss Mustang with 10,000 original miles on it!  He built a garage ,(Showroom / Museum) just to show his car and his tons of collectables, (Awesome)!  Your slot cars are very cool and they don't take up much space for display!  Carroll's and Bob's signitures are also pretty cool too!   I personally met Bob Bondurant a few times for some signings and he is a very cool character!  I will try and post more pics in the future after I get more comfortable with the process!:)

Talk at  Ya,    Later!

"MONGOOSE"

1969 boss 429 is the boss to have. I remember back in 1970 when I bought my first car .....a used 1970 mach1. Paid $2300 for her and I put 429 stickers on the front fenders. Heck I was 20 years old and anything went. Look forward to seeing more of your collection. I have a grandson that is almost 4. Perfect age to introduce him to model cars which I’ve started to do. He knows what a mustang and corvette is. Granddaughter is 1 can’t work on her yet . The 07 Shelby GT # 0016 was in the Scottsdale auto museum for some years the vin # and signature matches . That’s why today it only has 3000 miles on her. The car was taken to the Carroll Shelby’s 85th and 86th Birthday bash. It was used to drive Carroll around the track. The signatures were done @ that time. It certainly isn’t the fastest Shelby but it’s special to me with a cool history .

The picture below is the model made to celebrate Carroll’s 85th Birthday bash. The Last picture is a listing from the museum. Does this model have anything to with #0016 Shelby GT being there and signed @ the same time.  Don’t know !  But it does have some provenance. 

Ok later  

CDBDCA5A-635C-4819-A224-592DBFEA2C84.jpeg

C0672A39-B3C9-43EC-9824-F0BAA81AD3D5.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Ok back to models. This a Spark model 1:43 scale of the P J. 1969 boss 302 race car. For its size it’s really well done. Spark has been doing cars for a long time. These are not slot cars and they don’t have interiors. They have just started to do American autos. Must of their cars are race cars from Europe. Check them out on Ebay. There are a ton to look at. 

Hope you enjoy  

59AD6547-AA5A-4766-BBAF-FE27C3D3F680.jpeg

686D235B-2BD3-4B96-A12D-E30DE98F7937.jpeg

C8A149AC-E070-4505-A29E-8B062BA8F811.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

First thing: I too have a grandson, and he will be turning five in May!  Every time I see him I give him 1 or 2 Hot Wheels to keep, so he likes cars! But I don't give him my better ones because he likes to crash them into each other! :gaah:   As far as the Mach 1 goes, I've owned both my 69, 428 C.J., Shaker, and also a 70, 351 Cleveland, with the Shaker Ram Air hood!  I owned both of these awesome cars at the same time, and they were both unique in different ways!  The 70 was a great show car and a awesome driver, and the 69 was as I called it ,(The Beast)!:peelout:Now as far as your 2007 Shelby GT with only 3,000 miles on it and also having that cool model of it, makes this special, and unique!  I would think that you would probably like to keep the miles very low and your car pristine for that serious collector down the road!  With that being said, these cars are meant to be driven vigorously and enjoyed! I can honestly say, I enjoy every time I drive my 2008 Shelby GT and pull a few gears and go through some tight curves that puts a smile on my face every time!:yahoo:Luckily, you have your 2013 Boss to play around with, so then you don't have to use the 07!  I'm not really familiar with the Spark Brand, I guess I'll have to check them out!  The Parnelli Jones No.15 car looks very well done! Speaking of Parnelli Jones, I have a framed and autographed picture of Parnelli Jones and George Follmer on the race track!  The picture includes two different shots of the N0.15 and 16 and is signed by both and it also includes a engraved I.D. plaque towards the bottom. The plaque reads: Parnelli Jones-George Follmer '69 Boss 302 Trans-Am Team.  This picture ,(Photos)was a past gift from my (Awesome) Better Half!:love_shower:She purchased it from TK'S Collectibles in New Jersey!  I'm still in the process of going to post some more pics. in the near future!:camera:  

Talk  at Ya,   Later!

"MONGOOSE"

14 hours ago, Mongoose said:

First thing: I too have a grandson, and he will be turning five in May!  Every time I see him I give him 1 or 2 Hot Wheels to keep, so he likes cars! But I don't give him my better ones because he likes to crash them into each other! :gaah:   As far as the Mach 1 goes, I've owned both my 69, 428 C.J., Shaker, and also a 70, 351 Cleveland, with the Shaker Ram Air hood!  I owned both of these awesome cars at the same time, and they were both unique in different ways!  The 70 was a great show car and a awesome driver, and the 69 was as I called it ,(The Beast)!:peelout:Now as far as your 2007 Shelby GT with only 3,000 miles on it and also having that cool model of it, makes this special, and unique!  I would think that you would probably like to keep the miles very low and your car pristine for that serious collector down the road!  With that being said, these cars are meant to be driven vigorously and enjoyed! I can honestly say, I enjoy every time I drive my 2008 Shelby GT and pull a few gears and go through some tight curves that puts a smile on my face every time!:yahoo:Luckily, you have your 2013 Boss to play around with, so then you don't have to use the 07!  I'm not really familiar with the Spark Brand, I guess I'll have to check them out!  The Parnelli Jones No.15 car looks very well done! Speaking of Parnelli Jones, I have a framed and autographed picture of Parnelli Jones and George Follmer on the race track!  The picture includes two different shots of the N0.15 and 16 and is signed by both and it also includes a engraved I.D. plaque towards the bottom. The plaque reads: Parnelli Jones-George Follmer '69 Boss 302 Trans-Am Team.  This picture ,(Photos)was a past gift from my (Awesome) Better Half!:love_shower:She purchased it from TK'S Collectibles in New Jersey!  I'm still in the process of going to post some more pics. in the near future!:camera:  

Talk  at Ya,   Later!

"MONGOOSE"

Yeah I sold the 13 boss. It had only 5000 miles on her. I didn’t want to put anymore miles on her so why keep it. In the old days I traded and bought a lot of Shelby’s, boss’s and mach 1’s. Ton of old Corvettes , camaro and SS 396’s. Don’t fool with them anymore. It’s mostly currrent stuff today. We are living in the best of times to be car crazy. I do collect old metal trucks from the 30’s up to the 60’s  tonka ,smith miller and buddy L. Made of steel they lasted all these years . It’s a cool hobby also and I sell them on ebay . They range anywhere from $375 to $1500. Always looking for a near mint pressed steel vintage truck ,gas , oil and Coca Cola old stuff . 

Need to see some more models you guys. Take care. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

1 hour ago, WascallyWabbit said:

Managed to snare this wascall on Ebay today. Been searching for quite some time for a new white one !

s-l1600 (42).jpg

s-l1600 (35).jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like 1

Just now, shelby001 said:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Forgot to add why are white `07 ones so hard to fined ?

That's a great find. Correct wheels and all. Likey . I would like to find one in black. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Nice find on the White 07 Shelby model!  My neighbor , across the street owns a real 07 White Shelby / automatic.  If I remember right, I think there were only around 450 made , give or take a few! The Shelby was his Wife's car, and she didn't know how to drive a stick!  Collectables that are in demand are commanding  higher and higher prices every year!   It's simply, (Supply and Demand), but it is also ( The difference between "Men and Boys" are the" Price" of their "TOYS"!    FYI: Here's another old saying, ( "The one who dies with the most toys") WINS!  LOL :lol:

Later!

"MONGOOSE":peelout:

13 hours ago, WascallyWabbit said:

I have a couple of black. There are some on Ebay right now.

I have seen the black one’s on ebay. But the autoart has chrome wheels and the other one is the 85th Birthday bash. I have that one but I’m looking for one without the 85 on the front hood. Let me know if you ever find one. 

Thanks. 

I'm back !   Here's a few pictures of some of my Automobilia  for all you fellow car nuts to enjoy! 

The first picture is a full size Cobra front end, and above it is the Shelby print, a limited edition print by Dave Snyder, (Village Ford), "Very Cool"!  It was a past Christmas present from my "Better-Half"  The second and third pictures are of a 1965, G.T.350, White/Blue, No.98, limited edition,287of 600,  24"x18"/with Remarque, "Very Cool", it's hard to make out the artists name! I bought it at Road America a number of years ago! The forth picture is of the real No.2,GT-40, 1966, owned at that time by George Stauffer at Road America in the Ford display of some awesome GT-40s! The fifth picture is of my curio cabinet display with a light-up Mobil gas globe on top! It is completely stuffed with Exoto Daytonas, GT-40, Grand Sport Corvettes, die cast gas pumps, lots of very cool Hot Wheels ,signs, Kiddie Cars, and patches,ect.!  The last picture is of a framed and signed event poster of Carroll Shelby at the Brian Redman/ Merril Lynch International Challenge in July,1997 at Road America, Elkart Lake,WI. Around the frame I always try to put my past ticket stubs from the Brian Redman  events that I always try to attend!

"Hope all of You enjoy some my Collectables". 

Talk at  Ya,     Later!

"MONGOOSE"

IMG_0013__1520383655_66394.jpg

IMG_0026__1520383734_78232.jpg

IMG_0027__1520383792_44537.jpg

IMG_0028__1520383894_88915__1520383894_43378.jpg

IMG_0034__1520383986_25539.jpg

IMG_0036__1520384036_45290.jpg

Hey. Mongoose...... That’s a cool full size front end of a cobra and I’ve never seen that before. That’s what I like about this forum. You must have a pretty large collection of automobilia. I love those early Shelby prints. David Snyder has really done some great car artwork over the years. Like your curio with the Mobilgas globe on top .

My Shelby poster is from 1965 and ...is original ....I found it 25 years ago. I had it signed by Carroll Shelby and then framed it. It’s in the garage alongside all the other collectibles. Now after 50 years Shelby American has come out with a reproduction.The round sticker is on the glass . 

My bride got me the print of the Shelby plant at LAX . It was done by Dave Snyder and it’s 605/950. Now that’s in the den or man’s room as I call it . It seems we all have a curio but ( Mongoose ) yours is nicer. I admit I sole mine from my 👰 30 years ago. There’s a bunch of diecast cars inside.  That’s an old 1949 made out of Bakelite ( not plastic) “tube” Coca Cola cooler am radio on top of the curio. It works and takes about 3 minutes to warm up until any sound. My grandson thinks it’s broken .

Ok look forward to seeing more diecast and automobilia you all ...let’s see some rare stuff in your collections. 

CF23D4CE-0CAC-4B7B-8507-22E2C6D7E22B.jpeg

A609AF4E-E308-4059-97FD-6C8EB75ADF06.jpeg

D3F95335-76BB-421E-B632-9963D27ED8C3.jpeg

F17087F8-C06D-475F-A6E5-11270883B854.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Mike: Nice pics, very cool!  What would we do without our" Awesome Better-Halfs":lol:  She has over the years gotten me some really cool gifts, but I don't think she'll be able to top the one she got me for my 55th birthday!  I had been thinking for a while of buying a Harley and my wife said she thought that my reflexes weren't as good as they used to be, and that Harleys are really dangerous, "which they are"!  Well, guess what?  On my birthday one of my daughters come over and her and my wife tell me to stay inside the house and don't look out any of the windows as they proceed to go out of the house.  After a little while my wife comes in to get me, and tells me to go out the back door of the garage! While I proceed to go out I catch a glimpse of something to my far left with a  big red ribbon on the seat, I then blurt-out " Holy Shhhhht":yahoo:Sitting there is a" Big Black 100th Anniversary Fat Boy"!:cool:  She even researched carb or fuel-injection, and she chose fuel-injection :)I absolutely had no I idea she was doing this! She couldn't find the Black 100th Annv. Fat Boy locally, so she found one on the internet at a dealer in Texas and had it delivered.   It was delivered a few days before my birthday, so she hid it among the spruce trees in the back of the house, and then she covered it with a tarp! " She's  Awesome"!  :love_shower:    :backtotopic:     I  get long-winded sometimes! LOL   As far as the Cobra wall hanger goes, it is one of my favorite pieces, and the paint on it is pretty nice, and it seems to be very well made!

Mike: I've got a question for you or anyone else on these forums if they can recognize what the artist's name that is signed on my  GT350, No.98 White Shelby that's on my previous post!  I really can't tell for sure and it would be much appreciated!:)

More automobilia to come in the near future!

Talk at  Ya,   Later!

Mike:  You must of been posting your last two pictures while I was still posting mine!  Very cool pics of your car room and curio cabinet! I too have a car room also!  I see from some of your pictures that it looks like you and I have some of the same cars.  You have some very cool old trucks and from what I can see they look like they're in awesome shape!

Later!

Well Mike:  What kind of rare stuff do you want to see?   Gas pump, or Air meter,Ford Rotunda battery tester, Tach meter, car plates, GT coil covers,Ford GT paper weights, 55 too 78 Jim Beam Corvette decanters, pictures, plus lots of other diecast in all different sizes and makes. Or how about a 100th Anniversary Ford Cub Cruiser child's wagon (full-size) with COA!   Or how about a canceled check from Shelby American,1042 Princeton Drive,Venice, California to The Kovakar Company.  It's signed by Carroll Shelby,and it is dated March22,1963 and it is in mint condition! Or how about a original Borg-Warner Parts Tune-Up cabinet with both top and bottom in excellent condition! Let me know what you want to see!:)

Talk  at  Ya,     Later!

Which of the Ford GT paper weights do you have, I've got the GT40 version, the other said Ford GT. Not real sure why both were produced.

On 3/4/2018 at 7:38 PM, WascallyWabbit said:

I have a couple of black. There are some on Ebay right now.

How many full size SGT’s do you own ?  

Mongoose. ...let’s start with your gas pump and air meter. 

36 minutes ago, WascallyWabbit said:

Three. 1 black, 2 white.

Any automatics? :lurk:

1 hour ago, WascallyWabbit said:

Three. 1 black, 2 white.

Nice I bet they are like mint. How did you find 3 with such low miles ? Did you buy them new ? Do you have any black diecast of the 07 black SGT that you are willing to sell.? 

Edited by mach 1 1970

On 3/3/2018 at 7:20 AM, falcongtho3 said:

I'll just say my friends call my apartment 'the museum' for a reason. Guess I'll have to post up some pics as well.

Yep