• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to briannaf@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
SFcobra65

Die-Cast collections

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Haven’t seen one , do you have any pictures of that model ?  Are they on ebay ? 

No,  but it is in the April edition of car & Driver . You fill the form out & send it to reserve one . They will notify you when they are available looks $33.33 three payments plus shipping. 

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Mongoose ...is that the “shaker ram air hood scoop intake with flapper “ for the new C8 ZL1 ?.:hysterical2:

just meesin with ya .

later :peelout:OK I’ll use this one :shift:

C4545CCD-44FA-47AA-9945-CE8B16DC0E77.jpeg

E1F3A42F-C0EA-486B-9FEA-22C305F48FFA.jpeg

:thumbsup::drop:

On 4/21/2018 at 10:16 PM, 08SGT1234 said:

I'm not sure if these would be considered as "die-casts" or not? My Shelby collection is limited to the 2x 1/64's and 1/18 of the '08 SGT coupe.

I finally found a store this week on eBay that had all four of the girls....:flirt:

PS: If anyone is interested, I have a ton of early Racing Champions, both 1/64 & 1/24.

IMG_20180421_215303040.jpg

What store was it & do they(girls) come as set ?

13 hours ago, shelby001 said:

No,  but it is in the April edition of car & Driver . You fill the form out & send it to reserve one . They will notify you when they are available looks $33.33 three payments plus shipping. 

I’ve purchased from HC a long time ago.  They advertise more in magazines than online, and my opinion is that they do that to catch people that otherwise think these cars aren’t available elsewhere cheaper from doing research on the web.  That worked back in the early 1990s but not so much anymore.  

I believe these three 1:18 GT40s are simply repackaged versions of Shelby Collectibles diecasts.  HC is a reseller and so IMO they are just marking up the same cars you can get from reputable diecast stores on eBay or elsewhere.  No need to “reserve” at a whopping $100 a piece...these cars already exist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mustangcollector said:

I’ve purchased from HC a long time ago.  They advertise more in magazines than online, and my opinion is that they do that to catch people that otherwise think these cars aren’t available elsewhere cheaper from doing research on the web.  That worked back in the early 1990s but not so much anymore.  

I believe these three 1:18 GT40s are simply repackaged versions of Shelby Collectibles diecasts.  HC is a reseller and so IMO they are just marking up the same cars you can get from reputable diecast stores on eBay or elsewhere.  No need to “reserve” at a whopping $100 a piece...these cars already exist.

Thanks   I believe they are part of the Bradford Exchange

To shelby001......I believe this is the same diecast on ebay now for $47.99 but I could be wrong without seeing them in person. 
1966-FORD-GT-40-MK-2-BLUE-1-DIECAST-CAR-MODEL-1-18-SHELBY-COLLECTIBLES-SC411

• 1966-FORD-GT-40-MK-2-BLUE-1-DIECAST-CAR-MODEL-1-18-SHELBY-COLLECTIBLES-SC411
Have one to sell? Sell now

1966 FORD GT-40 MK 2 BLUE #1 DIECAST CAR MODEL 1/18 SHELBY COLLECTIBLES SC411

Edited by mach 1 1970

19 hours ago, shelby001 said:

What store was it & do they(girls) come as set ?

No set, free shipping if you buy three or more.

I found three or four other sites that might of had one or two but not all four except for the store on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/lucky_find13?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Edited by 08SGT1234

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:48 PM, shelby001 said:

Anyone deal with  The Hamilton Collection looks like they are offering the 1966 Ford GT-40 Mark II 50th Anniversary die cast tribute. 

Hamilton cars are not new just ones already released that they get and do a special on so suckers like us think its a new car

It’s getting really hard to tell what is new anymore. Acme is releasing the GMP ford GT 40 MK IV  red #1. Those dies are over 12 years old. They are asking $599 but not sure it’s worth that. The acme co. It seems has bought up a lot of stock and dies from the companies that went out of business during the 2009 crash.

They just release old models and change the livery on cars like the 69 boss race car. Years ago there were a ton of manufacturers but not anymore. In my case I don’t have anymore room or desire to buy more 1:18 scale unless it’s a new model with a lot of detail. 

Ok later :shift:...... hey Mongoose where are you ? 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

I also have the dreaded space problem. I have waaaaay too many Hot Wheel 1/64’s. They’re in totes in NJ. awaiting their new home in Az. The boss tells me NO MORE toys !! :lol:

As for 1/18’s, I too am also VERY picky now. I have almost swore off anything NOT Ford. But if I run across a really cool “other” branded car in a 1/18, that I just am feeling...then I might snag it. 

Yeah, where’s Mongoose? :lurk:

• Like 1

Hey Mike & Chris,   I'm always around here someplace on these threads!    I think all three of us are kind of in pretty much the same dilema.  Where do we have any more room for 1/18th scale, and is the diecast done in the quality we have grown to appreciate.  Also I think all of are Better-Halfs want us to down-size and quit buying are Big-Boy Toys because they don't want them all-around the house!  But, then again, hell you only live once!  LOL:lol:    Also, as far as Acme goes, I would really check their quality on the 1/12th, No.1,Red,GT40 MKIV before you pay $599. for one!  Other-wise Mike, I would just hang back and wait for a nice GMP original at a good price to become available on E-bay!  :thumbsup:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

Mongoose... sometimes it’s a little hard to find where the hell you are. But it seems to work out fine. 

Hey....you and Chris have a great weekend and I hope by now spring has sprong in your area. Take that bike out and your better half but not in that order though . It’s 70 today and NO rain for the weekend...yeah finally

Fun day going to pick out tile :kookie:and later take out the SGT  :peelout:

Here are a couple of items I have hanging in the garage . Those headlights in the Shelby GT350 are out of a flashlight . Don’t they look real ?

The last picture is Carroll Shelby’s tech program he created at a cummunity college to help young kids get good paying jobs. Instead of workiing down the street from him at a local chicken plant making $6/hour. That always bugged him that the Hugh mansion down the street from him paid kids such low wages to work in their chicken plant. That is what I read years ago and I always remember what he said and how he wanted to help. Great car guy and a good man with a heart  ♥️. RIP 

Later :shift:

BCB7C1FC-786E-4A9C-8131-EE0C2E63DF3D.jpeg

4BD9D26C-AB2E-4C11-8383-005D5808495D.jpeg

D6618A7E-D915-4C9C-B802-822DD1AA7FAF.jpeg

8505AD96-F912-4DBD-964B-4E5716555AA6.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Have a great day Mike. Enjoy the SGT. But before you take her out, ya might wanna buff out that graffiti someone sprayed on your hood stripes!!! :hide:

:hysterical2:

• Like 1

That second pic there.....Hobby Lobby? 

Two things on that. It’s obviously a Mobil station, and they don’t mention it anywhere in the pic. Maybe the artist was worried about trademark violations? And the S&H Green Stamp logo in the window of the station....makes me think back on them. I also zoomed in on that and the logo doesn’t really say S & H, but if you remember them, you know what it is! 

Those were the days buddy! :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Have a great day Mike. Enjoy the SGT. But before you take her out, ya might wanna buff out that graffiti someone sprayed on your hood stripes!!! :hide:

:hysterical2:

You better hide  :slapfight: 

I tried and got some of it off  

ED20BA23-1CB1-4A61-B3DC-3E3C02D5C656.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

That second pic there.....Hobby Lobby? 

Two things on that. It’s obviously a Mobil station, and they don’t mention it anywhere in the pic. Maybe the artist was worried about trademark violations? And the S&H Green Stamp logo in the window of the station....makes me think back on them. I also zoomed in on that and the logo doesn’t really say S & H, but if you remember them, you know what it is! 

Those were the days buddy! :)

Yeah 23.9 gas and still the guys in the back seat complaining about chipping in. :hysterical2:

• Like 1

Couple more and yes the Corvette generations are from hobby lobby. Heck the store closed recently. I guess my check bounced.

Banner of SGT # 0016  the first batch of 25. Boy Shelby fans were excited to have Shelby Mustangs again :yahoo:.....I covered the other numbers on there from a previous SGT I owned. But hey it works , cheap skate I guess. Don’t want to buy another one. 

The last one is an original poster from 1965 with Carroll Shelby signature from 2005. There are reflections in the glass that show up sorry....Chris  no graff:hysterical2:iti 

Ok :backtotopic:

11281E8A-749C-4B44-9DE6-73E0F09A34DB.jpeg

029B8389-81B2-4582-871C-90A93571352B.jpeg

09F1959F-8244-46BE-B974-779909234A8C.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Hey Chris.....It looks like the guys honey is sitting on the console in the vette.  Same thing in the Shelby and they didn’t have a console.  Boy those girls sure were forward back then. Come to think of it ...my high school girl friend always crowded me when we drove through a Big Boys drive-in back in the 60’s. You could not shift the 4 speed. “ Move over honey ......no the other side “  lol  😂  just kidding about girls being forward . If it weren’t for them we would all be poor and stupid today. 

5E0AF7BA-354F-421A-842C-E58563D13557.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 1:47 PM, mach 1 1970 said:

To shelby001......I believe this is the same diecast on ebay now for $47.99 but I could be wrong without seeing them in person. 
1966-FORD-GT-40-MK-2-BLUE-1-DIECAST-CAR-MODEL-1-18-SHELBY-COLLECTIBLES-SC411

Have one to sell? Sell now

1966 FORD GT-40 MK 2 BLUE #1 DIECAST CAR MODEL 1/18 SHELBY COLLECTIBLES SC411

No it was Black 

Yes, those were the days boys!   A Jet Black 64 StingRay Coupe, 327 C.I., 365 H.P., 4spd. Hurst, Dual Cherry Bomb mufflers and out on the town and 19 and with my girl on a Friday night and cruising the streets!     It brings back a lot of fond memories of the time and of that awesome car!

Mike, that is some pretty cool stuff on your garage walls, and I like your Shelby Banner too!   Try not to let Chris put to much graffiti on your Shelby GT hood!    Also, it looks like somebody tried to scribble on your hood with a marker!  Oh! S**t, I'm sorry that's a Auto-Graph! LOL :lol:  Relax!!!!  I'm just kidding Ya!:)  Have a great night guys and a better weekend!   P.S. I'll be going to the Jefferson Car Show and Swap meet tomorrow, but its only suppose to be in the low 50s and windy, but it also is suppose to be sunny out!:cool:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

Well guys, it's Friday night and were going to the Drags at Burn-Out City Dragway   The American Muscle Drag way is hosting the "Wheel Standers Event"! Featuring: Hemi Express, Little Red Wagon, Thunder Wagon, and Frank Monaghan's Dodge Wagon, plus a couple of car standers! Hope you all enjoy the drags!:)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

IMG_0501__1524887814_55148.jpg

IMG_0502__1524887766_54886.jpg

IMG_0503__1524887665_94386.jpg

IMG_0504__1524887608_24425.jpg

IMG_0505__1524887718_88090.jpg

IMG_0506__1524887560_35438.jpg

IMG_0507__1524887513_73981.jpg

IMG_0509__1524887455_87860.jpg

IMG_0510__1524887383_50337.jpg

IMG_0511__1524887310_67411.jpg

Edited by Mongoose
A name was misspelled.

Ahhh ... so this thread is THE place to be I see .....

Welcome Bob....hope you enjoy 

Mongoose... you had a BLACK 64 vette coupe with a 327/365hp. Those things would fly being they were so light. You were my idol :worship:back then. GTO’s had nothing on you. I was 14 in 1962 and my dad had a 62 Pontiac ( 4 door) Catalina. The picture below is what I tried to get him to buy. Yeah a 62 Grand Prix with tri-power and 4 speed .

So next came my mom in 1965 and I talked her into a 65 olds cutlass with bucket seats and console  midnight blue ....4 SPEED !. Yes I put on 442 emblems and chrome reverse wheels. Later corvette rally wheels with no trim rings. Then off to college with the cutlass. I kind of bought it from her.

Not anywhere near as cool as your vette Mongoose. You would have been a hit on Woodward ....those were my stumping grounds back in the 60’s. You would have had the cheerleaders in my high school begging for a ride and the football players also ...lol  

Boy I just can’t get over you had such a boss car. Ok excuse my old slang. Lucky you no really big time lucky and cool as hell  :rating:64 vette 327/365 geez and black. Mongoose u da man. 

Chris can you top that or you Bob ?

DDB8CF9D-B611-4D80-916B-4EC808878658.jpeg

07E5915D-AFEE-416E-9A32-F2547CA468D4.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Chris.....It looks like the guys honey is sitting on the console in the vette.  Same thing in the Shelby and they didn’t have a console.  Boy those girls sure were forward back then. Come to think of it ...my high school girl friend always crowded me when we drove through a Big Boys drive-in back in the 60’s. You could not shift the 4 speed. “ Move over honey ......no the other side “  lol  😂  just kidding about girls being forward . If it weren’t for them we would all be poor and stupid today. 

5E0AF7BA-354F-421A-842C-E58563D13557.jpeg

So true about the lady’s. LOL

7 hours ago, ilmor said:

Ahhh ... so this thread is THE place to be seen, I see .....

Fixed it for ya Bob! :hysterical:

7 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Welcome Bob....hope you enjoy 

Mongoose... you had a BLACK 64 vette coupe with a 327/365hp. Those things would fly being they were so light. You were my idol :worship:back then. GTO’s had nothing on you. I was 14 in 1962 and my dad had a 62 Pontiac ( 4 door) Catalina. The picture below is what I tried to get him to buy. Yeah a 62 Grand Prix with tri-power and 4 speed .

So next came my mom in 1965 and I talked her into a 65 olds cutlass with bucket seats and console  midnight blue ....4 SPEED !. Yes I put on 442 emblems and chrome reverse wheels. Later corvette rally wheels with no trim rings. Then off to college with the cutlass. I kind of bought it from her.

Not anywhere near as cool as your vette Mongoose. You would have been a hit on Woodward ....those were my stumping grounds back in the 60’s. You would have had the cheerleaders in my high school begging for a ride and the football players also ...lol  

Boy I just can’t get over you had such a boss car. Ok excuse my old slang. Lucky you no really big time lucky and cool as hell  :rating:64 vette 327/365 geez and black. Mongoose u da man. 

Chris can you top that or you Bob ?

DDB8CF9D-B611-4D80-916B-4EC808878658.jpeg

07E5915D-AFEE-416E-9A32-F2547CA468D4.jpeg

I’ve had over 150 cars and trucks, but probably none  as cool as you alls. 

I once had a list (can’t find it now). Stopped writing em down after about 75 or 80. Lots of Stangs, Vettes, and assorted other cars. 

Welcome to the die cast thread Bob! 

Falcon, I LOVE the Hertz paperweight! Damn, I thought my GT350 was cool. :worship: 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2014 at 2:31 PM, BIKEBOY said:

Not exactly "die cast"....more like a big hunk of what feels like bowling ball material??? :shrug:

Came from the Hallmark card store and is made by SpeedFreaks. Basically a giant paper weight! :lol:

13823584984_796922b6e5_c.jpg
image by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

13823584954_da8df4d5e1_c.jpg
photo (1) by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

BUMP

• Like 1