• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
SFcobra65

Die-Cast collections

One of us needs to start an “Old Dudes” thread..... 

Go ahead....one of YOU old dudes, do it! 

:hysterical2:

Then we could talk about ALL THINGS guys of a “certain” age like discussing. 

;)

• Like 1

There's a Cobra one as well, haven't shelled out for it...yet, but it's on the radar.

And any Pontiac with tri-power and 8 lug wheels and drums it very cool IMHO.

Very cool looking Speed Freaks Mustangs, guys!    Mike, Your Dad had a Poncho Grand Prix, 389 C.I. 3 Deuces, w/ 4spd., that's pretty cool for a kids Dad to own!   I wish my Dad had one of those when I was younger, but after thinking about it, I would have gotten into trouble with it!:lol:  When I was 16 my cousin came over to our house to show me what he talked his mom into buying for him so he could drive her around because she didn't drive!  He came over driving a cool Pontiac 2+2, 421C.I., w/3 Dueces, and then he took me for a ride in it and almost lost it!  When it came to fast cars he was always getting into trouble, and he also liked Vettes and going to the Speed Shop!  :club:    Hey guys, did you all like the Wheel Standers that I posted?   I always really thought that Little Red Wagon was pretty cool!   :cool:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

8 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

One of us needs to start an “Old Dudes” thread..... 

Go ahead....one of YOU old dudes, do it! 

:hysterical2:

Who's the Old Dude your talking about?   Hell, I still like Fast cars, Loud Rock (AC-DC) , and appreciate Beautiful Women!  :yahoo:

Later!

Hey Guys!  My wife and I went to the Jefferson Car Show and Swap Meet today!  I got lucky today by snagging a couple of good deals! First ,I found a very good deal on some miniature die cast that my Wife and I thought were pretty cool, and I also have a larger scale of one of them already! First one was a smaller version of my cool trike the (Sky King),Old hook & ladder Fire truck, a Italian Scooter, a 1996 Murray Hallmark US army pedal planes , a 1957 Edelbrock Drag car, by Car-Toons, a Blown Willys Drag Mother's pickup truck by Car-Toons,a English Standard double-decker London Bus, a Super-Sonic Pedal Jet, and last a miniature Radio Flyer Wagon!  All these cool miniatures for a $10 spot!:cool:  And my second deal was snagging a pair of (BERG), Shelby Head Rest covers!:)  I'm posting some pics of my finds!

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

Posting pics that are for the previous post!:)

Later!

IMG_0513__1524977598_58820.jpg

IMG_0514__1524977661_30790.jpg

IMG_0515__1524977716_95155.jpg

IMG_0516__1524977523_74536.jpg

IMG_0518__1524977778_50351.jpg

9 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Very cool looking Speed Freaks Mustangs, guys!    Mike, Your Dad had a Poncho Grand Prix, 389 C.I. 3 Deuces, w/ 4spd., that's pretty cool for a kids Dad to own!   I wish my Dad had one of those when I was younger, but after thinking about it, I would have gotten into trouble with it!:lol:  When I was 16 my cousin came over to our house to show me what he talked his mom into buying for him so he could drive her around because she didn't drive!  He came over driving a cool Pontiac 2+2, 421C.I., w/3 Dueces, and then he took me for a ride in it and almost lost it!  When it came to fast cars he was always getting into trouble, and he also liked Vettes and going to the Speed Shop!  :club:    Hey guys, did you all like the Wheel Standers that I posted?   I always really thought that Little Red Wagon was pretty cool!   :cool:

Later!

Mongoose....Yeah I liked the wheel standers very much. The drag way was very cool. SATURDAY NIGHT AT DETROIT DRAGWAY over the radio I can still hear it today.

Watch the 2 min add from the 60’s below its kind of cool 

Mongoose... u have some really unique items in your collection. No my dad had a 4 door 62 Pontiac I tried to talk him into the 62 Grand Prix. He wouldn’t have any of that. Remember he worked at  ford engineering and drove a poncho.  Brave guy I must say ...maybe that’s why a 4 door. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Mongoose...  big spender I must say...cool finds at the car show. Those head rest are a pain to put on. Need to heat them up a little. 

E8D70DA4-39CB-4657-8BA7-50DBAD5A3F63.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

I really liked your little red wagon dragway set up as well, Goose. 

Dougs Headers....wasn’t that Doug Thorley?? (Sp?)

Cool finds there, yesterday buddy! :rockon:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Later!

Mongoose...Was the Pontiac like this. 1963 Pontiac Catalina 421 super light weight 4 speed . This was at a cruise last weekend. My red 18 GT  just to prove I was there. My buddies 67 327/350 yellow vette also. These cruises  have a wide variety of cars old and new. All ages of people also.

later  :backtotopic:

DD19D139-E7CC-4966-818C-760B96D1C2F1.jpeg

2CC668AD-C6F6-4349-BAB2-34DEC16C604E.jpeg

252FB209-DC53-47C8-BAAA-A78E5A938425.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Later!

10 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Later!

Great find love the wagon ,what are the headrest covers going on?

• Like 1

Mike, what did you use to black out your grille emblem? I wanna do that on the Gurney I’m thinking. 

7 hours ago, shelby001 said:

Great find love the wagon ,what are the headrest covers going on?

Thanks Jim!  The headrest covers are going on my 2008 Shelby GT.   It wasn't much of a decision as they were really priced right!:)The guy I bought them from has a Shelby Super Snake with over 1,100.H.P.  He also said that he's been clocked on radar at 187mph and the exhaust sound is deafening at that speed!  He and I talked a little about the new 500 coming out, and I said how every body on the Shelby site had varying opinions on it, but haven't seen it yet!   He told me that he had seen a picture of it and that it is going to produce North of over (900 H.P.)!:drool:   He said it wouldn't make sense for Ford to Produce it with less horse-power because the Dodge Demon is already producing 840 H.P.    I told him who needs, and would use over 900 H.P. and he said he would!   :twister:  

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

14 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose....Yeah I liked the wheel standers very much. The drag way was very cool. SATURDAY NIGHT AT DETROIT DRAGWAY over the radio I can still hear it today.

Watch the 2 min add from the 60’s below its kind of cool 

Mongoose... u have some really unique items in your collection. No my dad had a 4 door 62 Pontiac I tried to talk him into the 62 Grand Prix. He wouldn’t have any of that. Remember he worked at  ford engineering and drove a poncho.  Brave guy I must say ...maybe that’s why a 4 door. 

Hey Mike,  absolutely loved that very cool old black & white drag video! The Swamp Rat "Big Daddy Don Garlits" and his awesome Dragsters!  And also the very cool Ram-charger Team, (Nice)!:)   Your Dad must of had some balls to take a Pontiac to the Ford plant. He probably took some ribbing from his co-workers at times!

Later!

14 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Mike, what did you use to black out your grille emblem? I wanna do that on the Gurney I’m thinking. 

Chris..... I have been using this for years. It peels off if you decide to change or sell your car. It can be purchased at Home Depot  or auto parts store . Also have never had a problem of it peeling off. Even used it to black out my boss 302 wheels  around the outer rim . 

I also painted the body panel black just above the spoiler. The same texture as the spoiler.  The 5.0 also.  What’s yah think ? 

Later  Mike 

E8C9375F-3E1B-4C3F-B94F-831DBC8E2833.jpeg

CF7B084D-DC61-42C9-9EE3-3AD9D83EA5B7.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose...  big spender I must say...cool finds at the car show. Those head rest are a pain to put on. Need to heat them up a little. 

E8D70DA4-39CB-4657-8BA7-50DBAD5A3F63.jpeg

Hey Mike,   I lucked out big time and I got the Shelby head rest covers for a song!:)   Also, I was very happy snagging the minitures, but my wife couldn't find the Duct Tape she wanted for me! LOL    :finger:  

Later!

9 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Mike,  absolutely loved that very cool old black & white drag video! The Swamp Rat "Big Daddy Don Garlits" and his awesome Dragsters!  And also the very cool Ram-charger Team, (Nice)!:)   Your Dad must of had some balls to take a Pontiac to the Ford plant. He probably took some ribbing from his co-workers at times!

Later!

The engineering building at that time was not a production plant. Not as many workers and mostly engineers with an eye on the competition. Showing up in a Pontiac maybe woke up some people. Pontiac was a up and coming division at GM . 1962 Ford was just beginning to look at total proformance. Think about what you could buy in 1962 from ford. The 390 was horrible and could not compete with the likes of the 396 or Mopars . The failane came out in 1962 And very few 390’s were in dealerships to purchase. They were still a slug on the streets . The 427 thounderbolts were at the drags but you couldn’t buy one. See below.

Later poncho .....PS..the early 60’s Pontiac was my favorite brand. Not ford. But soon that was about to change for good. 

4EE48121-977D-4211-B4C6-DF0FE38744C3.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Chris..... I have been using this for years. It peels off if you decide to change or sell your car. It can be purchased at Home Depot  or auto parts store . Also have never had a problem of it peeling off. Even used it to black out my boss 302 wheels  around the outer rim . 

Later  Mike 

Hey guys!  After all this time I finally find out that it's Plastic Dip that used to fix the Ford!    For years I've always been told to go find the biggest "Hammer"!  LOL-LOL   :lol:  :headspin:    Just "Funning with Ya"   :)

Later!

6 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

The engineering building at that time was not a production plant. Not as many workers and mostly engineers with an eye on the competition. Showing up in a Pontiac maybe woke up some people. Pontiac was a up and coming division at GM . 1962 Ford was just beginning to look at total proformance. Think about what you could buy in 1962 from ford. The 390 was horrible and could not compete with the likes of the 396. Sure they had the thunderbolt but how many were made. The 427 wasn’t  available in the fairlane. 

Later poncho .....the early 60’s Pontiac was my favorite brand. Not ford. But soon that was about to change for good. 

Actually Mike, In some circles I used to hear talk about the 396 C.I. as a big "Boat Anchor", but I and my brother in-law still liked them!  He used to have two 396 C.I., 4spd. Chevys, one was a 1966 Impala SS, and the other was a 1967 Chevy Caprice.  But I still liked my 327C.I.,365 H.P., 4spd. "High Revving" Chevy StingRay!   That Vette and I shut down alot of bigger motors in our time!  It was a very fast car with a 3/4 race cam and running solid lifters with a 180 degree factory high-rise aluminum manifold and Hurst 4spd. with racing springs!  Hey guys, now those were the days when we were young and foolish!:yahoo:   If I remember right, I think on the ford 390 you could really wake the motor up by installing a 428 crank in it!:)

Later!

13 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose...Was the Pontiac like this. 1963 Pontiac Catalina 421 super light weight 4 speed . This was at a cruise last weekend. My red 18 GT  just to prove I was there. My buddies 67 327/350 yellow vette also. These cruises  have a wide variety of cars old and new. All ages of people also.

later  :backtotopic:

DD19D139-E7CC-4966-818C-760B96D1C2F1.jpeg

2CC668AD-C6F6-4349-BAB2-34DEC16C604E.jpeg

252FB209-DC53-47C8-BAAA-A78E5A938425.jpeg

Nice looking Poncho and also the Yellow Vette and also who ever's red Stang that is!  LOL   :lol:  The Vette must be a 67 because I don't see any crossed flags emblem on the front fender.  A old friend of mine, who's now deceased, RIP. had a 1967 convert. Vette, small block and he wanted a big block.  So he decided to build his own 67 convertible 427, Tri-power,435 H.P.,4spd. and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a real factory one or his unless he told you!   

My cousin's Pontiac 2x2 was either a 66 or 67 with the 421C.I. w/ 3 dueces!

Later!

14 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

I really liked your little red wagon dragway set up as well, Goose. 

Dougs Headers....wasn’t that Doug Thorley?? (Sp?)

Cool finds there, yesterday buddy! :rockon:

Thanks Chris:  I still like all that cool old stuff!   Those "Wheel Standers" drag wagons like the "Little Red Wagon" and Dougs Headers were really cool going down the track.  We used to go down to "Broadway Bob's" Dragway in Union Grove and watch the Wheel Standers and also the Jet cars.    It was really cool when the Jet's afterburners would kick in and start the Timing Shake on fire!:clapping:    And yes, I think that was Doug Thorley!   

Later!

8 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Actually Mike, In some circles I used to hear talk about the 396 C.I. as a big "Boat Anchor", but I and my brother in-law still liked them!  He used to have two 396 C.I., 4spd. Chevys, one was a 1966 Impala SS, and the other was a 1967 Chevy Caprice.  But I still liked my 327C.I.,365 H.P., 4spd. "High Revving" Chevy StingRay!   That Vette and I shut down alot of bigger motors in our time!  It was a very fast car with a 3/4 race cam and running solid lifters with a 180 degree factory high-rise aluminum manifold and Hurst 4spd. with racing springs!  Hey guys, now those were the days when we were young and foolish!:yahoo:   If I remember right, I think on the ford 390 you could really wake the motor up by installing a 428 crank in it!:)

Later!

Mongoon.....The 1965 chevelle with the 327/350 hp. L79 I think was a real sleeper. Yes there was a 396 65 chevelle but very few. Super expensive today. Pontiac beat everyone to the smaller car big engine concept. The 63 tempest with the 326 was born. Then what followed we all know was the GTO. Caught all the other intermediates sleeping. 64 old 442 was a 330 cu with 310 hp. I talked my sister into buying one of those. 4 speed 4 bbl and 2 exhaust. Clever back then. Buick had nothing in 64. Chevelle had nothing in 64. Ford had the mustang coming but no muscle to talk about on the streets of Woodward.

Then came 1966 and everyone wanted a chevelle SS396 with the 375 hp big block ...no boat anchor there with the lighter body. It was a hit on the streets in Detroit. I remember a friend ordered a 67 SS 396 and had a hard time getting the 375 hp in it. Triple black and we were bad ass cruising the big boys. I would offer him a couple of beers so I had an excuse to drive it .I was living at home and going to college at the time. 

I remember back in 62 my dad telling me what he told the guys at work. My son is getting his license soon and all he talks about is Pontiac . Why is that he asked those engineers. I slept and ate Pontiac back in 1962/1967. That changed around 1969 when the mach1 came out. The rest is history. But I still like the old Pontiacs today. Too bad they are so big. 

Later :backtotopic:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I also painted the body panel black just above the spoiler. The same texture as the spoiler.  The 5.0 also.  What’s yah think ? 

Later  Mike 

CF7B084D-DC61-42C9-9EE3-3AD9D83EA5B7.jpeg

Is it a Satin or flat finish ?

Shelby 101. It’s more satin finish. Definitely not flat. It’s real close to the shine of the front spoiler. You can just about see it right above the spoiler. 

CAA96B91-341E-4419-92F5-132B4036EC96.jpeg

Thanks Mike....it’s cheaper than buying an Agent47 grille (to do away with the pony altogether), and I hear those grilles don’t even fit correctly. 

Plus, I added the PJ chrome grille surround, and I’d have to forego that on the Agent47 grille.  So, I guess I’ll be getting me a can of that goo.....thanks buddy!

15 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoon.....The 1965 chevelle with the 327/350 hp. L79 I think was a real sleeper. Yes there was a 396 65 chevelle but very few. Super expensive today. Pontiac beat everyone to the smaller car big engine concept. The 63 tempest with the 326 was born. Then what followed we all know was the GTO. Caught all the other intermediates sleeping. 64 old 442 was a 330 cu with 310 hp. I talked my sister into buying one of those. 4 speed 4 bbl and 2 exhaust. Clever back then. Buick had nothing in 64. Chevelle had nothing in 64. Ford had the mustang coming but no muscle to talk about on the streets of Woodward.

Then came 1966 and everyone wanted a chevelle SS396 with the 375 hp big block ...no boat anchor there with the lighter body. It was a hit on the streets in Detroit. I remember a friend ordered a 67 SS 396 and had a hard time getting the 375 hp in it. Triple black and we were bad ass cruising the big boys. I would offer him a couple of beers so I had an excuse to drive it .I was living at home and going to college at the time. 

I remember back in 62 my dad telling me what he told the guys at work. My son is getting his license soon and all he talks about is Pontiac . Why is that he asked those engineers. I slept and ate Pontiac back in 1962/1967. That changed around 1969 when the mach1 came out. The rest is history. But I still like the old Pontiacs today. Too bad they are so big. 

15 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I too, really like all the cool Chevelles , especially the super sports 396 C.I.!    I liked all kinds of performance cars of all the manufactuers.    Also, don't forget the awesome rare 427 C.I. Impala Super Sports and the Ford Lightwieghts like the Thunder-bolts! And do you remember the Chevy 409s and 348s and the dodge's 426 Wedge and Hemi's!  The 60s thru the early 70s were really Boss years to be a car guy, (Gear head, Motor head, Grease Monkey,Iron Head, etc.)! :cool:    :backtotopic:  

Later!

Okay guys, it's getting a little slow on this great diecast site!   Lets keep it rolling along with fun and games as usual!    :backtotopic:   I'll try and post and pipe in when I can!  "Let the good times Roll"!   :happyfeet:       P. S.  It was my Wedding Anniversary today!  :love_shower:    41 years of  wedded bliss to a better-half and great lady!    And, guess what we got to do today to celebrate?  We got to go out of town because we were scheduled for our six month teeth cleaning at our dentist who's business is located out of town.    Oh boy, what fun we had, I didn't what it to end! LOL !!!!!!:censored:    I guess this will be one to remember or to forget !!!!!!! LOL:lol:  

Later!

FYI taking the slow lane to Hilton Head island S.C. for a week.:dogwalk: With bailey. The resort is in the middle of the island and a bike ride to the beach. It is one of the most beautiful camping resorts we have ever been to. 

:backtotopic:  I will try to post a few diecast pictures before we leave. .:camera: Okey Dokey here you go.  Exact Detail by Lane 1:18 scale Shelby GT 350 . One of my favorites. American Racing Style wheels look great 👍🏻 . Look at the size of the shifter rod ...Holly cow ! The signature is really cool and looks very accurate in size. 

Hope you enjoy .

Later ....:tim_hahn:.Motorhome Mike in the far right slow lane

21D259BD-F9E2-4806-9EBA-CB0043FA5F06.jpeg

1B30CA94-371B-4032-89A4-6ECAAA6E0F57.jpeg

E1396E2A-DFC9-4FE8-A82F-682BFFE9DA5D.jpeg

AF93FBAC-05F1-40ED-B516-7935DA1F9F18.jpeg

4C9C1362-EBDB-469F-8C23-29F33BD77CF1.jpeg

B159E3D3-609D-474E-8179-10C82E97AD84.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

More pictures of Christi Edelbrock’s ... # 55 Shelby GT 350...1:18 scale 

Mongoose  ...don’t you have a couple of these in different livery’s  ?  

C07AF9EA-E708-4F84-8286-0503DD756C8B.jpeg

3AC9E57B-41AF-4012-B057-AF45EF34B658.jpeg

326EF0E9-588E-4A70-8828-9F7AA83630BE.jpeg

199EEBC1-411A-4F10-85CC-B621CA4D6DB9.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1