• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
SFcobra65

Die-Cast collections

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

That’s beautiful man. King in its day. 

I'll second that opinion, it's right at the top of my list next to my "Fuelie"!   I wanted to buy that diecast engine also, but I can't buy them all!  Very nice display!

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

Was fortunate enough to go to the 100th running of the Indy 500 (scratch that one off the bucket list!) as a guest of Firestone. The night before the race we had a dinner that included a visit by all of the drivers. Most stayed long enough to sign and chat. This poster was given out to all attendees, but we had to get our own signatures. I didn't get the eventual race winner, but I think I did pretty good. The piece at the bottom is the ticket to the race in a special holder.

indyposterx.JPG

Edited by falcongtho3

5 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

I'll second that opinion, it's right at the top of my list next to my "Fuelie"!   I wanted to buy that diecast engine also, but I can't buy them all!  Very nice display!

Later!

I've got a mini-version of it as well, a Christmas ornament offered by one of the tool supply companies.

Relax! I'm on this site to "Have Fun" and "Enjoy" communicating with fellow members!  I made my comments of what I thought and I'm not always politically right and I'm also not perfect!   I'm just trying to have "Fun" and not get to serious about things always "being right"!    So you have a good day, I know that I will!    :)

4 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Goose, love the diorama! :rockon:

Mike, I am feeling better today...thanks bud. Hope you’re having fun on your vacay! 

Where does Bailey ride in the Land Yacht? Shotgun with mommy, or does he have a special seat??? :lurk: 

Hey Chris,  I thought Captain Mike told you that he has one of those little snuggle sacks that you wear on the front of your chest.  That's where Baily  stays while Captain Mike is driving!!!  LOL  :hysterical2:     :puppy_kiss:

Later!

19 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Chris,  I thought Captain Mike told you that he has one of those little snuggle sacks that you wear on the front of your chest.  That's where Baily  stays while Captain Mike is driving!!!  LOL  :hysterical2:     :puppy_kiss:

Later!

Bailey says....

I’m to tired to even comment...but  I don’t have no stinking little snuggle sack man :rant2:

89903745-6595-4E9E-9527-A8EC6D026F0B.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

You guys are cracking me up!!! 

That poster is cool Falcon. :salute:

Mike, I am soooooo sorry sir. I didn't realize Bailey was a "she". Just showed Gina her pic watching TV from the Cap'ns seat......WE are in awe! She is a doll baby!!

Goose, that's funny stuff...."Snuggle Sack".  :club:  There ya go Mike..... helping a brother out! :hysterical:

Picked up two more cars today at Wally World. Only sharing one today. I'm currently painting the black wheels silver on the other'n.  I will share when it's time to do so! :)

27068024837_9395c6ba01_z_d.jpg

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1

I love that they're doing that piece. Haven't found one yet, but on the hunt for it. If you don't know the story about the actual Transit Super Van (and yes, there was one built), hit the link and check out the video.

https://jalopnik.com/the-original-transit-supervan-was-a-gt40-engine-in-a-fr-1784415254

Hey Captain Mike,  I just saw Chris's post saying he didn't know that Baily is a girl, and I didn't know that either! So, with that said I would think that "Your little Girl"  :puppy_kiss:would want to snuggle up to "Her Daddy-Kins"  :flirt:  while he is driving her around in his big "Land Yacht"!!!!!      P.S.  Tell Baily I forgive her for showing her teeth to me!!!!   LOL   :spiteful:                  :backtotopic:

Later!

6 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

You guys are cracking me up!!! 

That poster is cool Falcon. :salute:

Mike, I am soooooo sorry sir. I didn't realize Bailey was a "she". Just showed Gina her pic watching TV from the Cap'ns seat......WE are in awe! She is a doll baby!!

Goose, that's funny stuff...."Snuggle Sack".  :club:  There ya go Mike..... helping a brother out! :hysterical:

Picked up two more cars today at Wally World. Only sharing one today. I'm currently painting the black wheels silver on the other'n.  I will share when it's time to do so! :)

27068024837_9395c6ba01_z_d.jpg

That's a cool little Gulf Transit super van, I love the Gulf colors!  I almost bought one like that myself a couple of weeks ago, I think I saw it at Miers! 

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

11 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

I love that they're doing that piece. Haven't found one yet, but on the hunt for it. If you don't know the story about the actual Transit Super Van (and yes, there was one built), hit the link and check out the video.

https://jalopnik.com/the-original-transit-supervan-was-a-gt40-engine-in-a-fr-1784415254

Wow! Great find....and thank you for sharing! I loved that video! 

I had no idea the association with the SuperVan. Bitchin’!!

8 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Captain Mike,  I just saw Chris's post saying he didn't know that Baily is a girl, and I didn't know that either! So, with that said I would think that "Your little Girl"  :puppy_kiss:would want to snuggle up to "Her Daddy-Kins"  :flirt:  while he is driving her around in his big "Land Yacht"!!!!!      P.S.  Tell Baily I forgive her for showing her teeth to me!!!!   LOL   :spiteful:                  :backtotopic:

Later!

OK, so now I don’t feel as bad. ;)  Here I was thinking Bailey was a boys name. 

Hold her tight Mike. They are precious and aren’t long enough with us.... God Bless her. :) 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 5:11 PM, Mongoose said:

Hey motorhome Mike!  Yes, I also have this Lane,Exact Detail, 1/18, Christi Edelbrock, very cool and detailed Shelby!  I'll try and post some more pics later today!   In the meantime I hope you and your wife have a great time on your vacation, the area sounds awesome. "Enjoy"  :puppy_kiss:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

:thumbsup:

On 4/30/2018 at 5:47 PM, mach 1 1970 said:

Shelby 101. It’s more satin finish. Definitely not flat. It’s real close to the shine of the front spoiler. You can just about see it right above the spoiler. 

CAA96B91-341E-4419-92F5-132B4036EC96.jpeg

Ya Thanks for posting

On 5/2/2018 at 3:47 PM, mach 1 1970 said:

Chris. Wow. That’s really nice. A blast from the past posted in 2014. Just found this cool. 

:thumbsup:

20 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

That’s beautiful man. King in its day. 

:thumbsup: Love that one

OK fellas.....the Bronco wheels are done! 

This is a 1/24 Jada Big Time Muscle. Came with two sets of wheels...matte black or gloss black. NOPE...ain't happening! Took 'em apart and used Krylon chrome paint. Chrome never comes out "chrome". More like hyper-silver (which I like way better anyway). 

This is now the largest Bronco in my collection. I have loads of 1/64's and many of the size in between. I love Broncos!

28084653408_3951e80a33_z_d.jpg

Chris, Nice paint job on the rims, looks awesome!   I once owned a 1978 Ford Bronco that was silver W/ black accents and top.   It also had chrome rims with black bumpers and a black push bar.  Other than yours being a different style, they were somewhat the same in the paint scheme.  After owning it for a short while, I sold it, mainly because it was S**T on gas mileage!  What ever I did with it, it always got 10 miles to a gallon of gas!   And also I still owned my "77" f-250 4x4 High-Boy and that even got better than 10!  LOL:lol:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

What's up, nobody posting anything! Well, I guess it's up to me to keep myself entertained!:)   I'm posting a tribute to ED"BIG DADDY" ROTH formally he was known as the "Crazy Painter"!  Ed had a big impact on the American culture and in the early 60s his artwork influenced the Beach Boys as well as the entire surfing scene!  His cars as well as his characters became well-known icons with-in the 60s counter culture and his edgy art set the tone in gonzo graphics for decades to come. He also was the creator of the famed Rat Fink character,Wild child and a clan of other cult-like crazies that he emblazoned on T-shirts! If you look real hard inside this display box on the inside back you will see a irreverent diorama depicting "Big Daddy" himself behind the wheel of his timelessly wild rod.  This was a personal tribute to "Big Daddy" and his Beatnik Bandit by fellow car designer Ed Newton.   So, here we go!     Hope you enjoy ED "BIG DADDY" ROTH and his very cool "Beatnik Bandit"    :lurk:         

Hot Wheels 1/18, Limited Edition, 1 of 10,000

Later!

"MONGOOSE"     :peelout:

IMG_0543__1525836568_43309.jpg

IMG_0544__1525836632_64833.jpg

IMG_0545__1525836711_64730.jpg

IMG_0546__1525836509_80853.jpg

IMG_0547__1525836437_35386.jpg

IMG_0549__1525836759_84667.jpg

Goose, I’ve had a couple Broncos myself. They don’t get (weren’t designed with) fuel economy in mind. It’s  like pushing a brick down the road through the wind! :hysterical: 

Sorta reminds me of the old “snub nose” Peterbilt tractors. Those things had to have gotten shyt fuel mileage. 

Love that Big Daddy tribute ya got there!!! :rockon:  I remember collecting the bubble gum cards that had those cartoon collectibles in a pack with a stick of bubble gum. Damn.....I wish I kept all that stuff. I had a huge collection of late 60’s and 70’s Matchbox cars that I traded for a bicycle too. Shoulda never done that either. :doh:

Looking back, I guess the best thing I ever did was marry my wife Gina!! :hysterical: 

• Like 1

I'll second that Chris!  The best thing I every did was marry my wife and have two beautiful daughters with her!   She is the love of my life and the one that keeps me in line!!! LOL    I still like the style of the old broncos and probably always will!  As far as the bubble gum cards go my friends and I were always getting the packets of the Beatles with the gum back then when they were really popular!   I sure wish I had some of those cards now.$$$$$  My younger brother was in to the matchbox cars when he was younger and he would be about 58 now!  My brother always got all of my cool stuff  when I was younger because I would bribe him to wash the dishes for me when it was my turn!!!!  LOL:lol:

Later!

Hi guys, where the hell are all of you hiding!!!!   Well, again I guess I have to entertain myself again!!!     LOL:hysterical2:      I'm going to sit back and eat some popcorn and enjoy my show!!!!!!     :lurk:      The car is a 64 Grand Sport that competed in the America 500 and it was driven by "Roger Penske"!   :cool:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"      :peelout:

IMG_0551__1526186814_54601.jpg

IMG_0552__1526186860_16030.jpg

IMG_0553__1526186912_30633.jpg

IMG_0554__1526186980_20984.jpg

IMG_0555__1526187042_65791.jpg

IMG_0556__1526186584_15151.jpg

IMG_0558__1526186713_92696.jpg

IMG_0559__1526186765_41974.jpg

Mongoose is that made by Exoto ?  Nice GS. I’m back and will post some diecast later. Just made eggs Benedict for the wife. 

Later slow lane Mike. ....The MH has a speed limiter of 78 mph.... 

Rules of the road while traveling in a MH and towing. Listen closely ! 

Rules #1 #2 #3 and #4.....ask wife for directions :worship:  There is no such thing as a U turn in a MH while towing plus you can’t back up. I’ve tried and nope. Well that’s it from my vast experience and all my years of traveling. 

Here is a diecast from awhile back. Notice how the front wheels are correctly turned so as to avoid a spin.

55529C6E-74D1-439D-8712-50A361E8A4E9.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Hi Slow Lane Mike!  Yes,your right it is a Exoto 1/18 Grand Sport , I forgot to post that info!  That No. 67 Grand Sport is one of my favorite in race trim!  I'll bet you really know how to avoid a spin in that land yacht you drive!!!!  :lol:     Main No.1 rule "always listen to the wife when she is giving directions", other-wise you will be accused of selective hearing when she speaks!!!!  :headscratch:   Rumor has it, that when you had some work done on your M.H. (Land Yacht) the Ford guys found out threw the grapevine that it was yours. So they felt obligated to install a govenor set at maxinum of 78mph to protect the local public!!!   Now, "That's Funny"!!!!:hysterical2:        Later!

"MONGOOSE"     :peelout:

On 5/13/2018 at 1:29 AM, Mongoose said:

Hi guys, where the hell are all of you hiding!!!!   Well, again I guess I have to entertain myself again!!!     LOL:hysterical2:      I'm going to sit back and eat some popcorn and enjoy my show!!!!!!     :lurk:      The car is a 64 Grand Sport that competed in the America 500 and it was driven by "Roger Penske"!   :cool:

Later!

IMG_0551__1526186814_54601.jpg

IMG_0552__1526186860_16030.jpg

IMG_0553__1526186912_30633.jpg

IMG_0554__1526186980_20984.jpg

IMG_0555__1526187042_65791.jpg

IMG_0556__1526186584_15151.jpg

IMG_0558__1526186713_92696.jpg

IMG_0559__1526186765_41974.jpg

Man oh man, the detail............. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hey guys:  I know that this is a die cast site, but I thought you guys might like seeing my 08 Shelby GT.    I took the Shelby out of winter storage yesterday and it was 68 degrees.  I took my better half out for a ride in the Shelby and then out to dinner.  And then guess what happened?  After just driving a few miles and pulling a few easy gears a smile came over my face!!!!!!  :cool:    That car never fails to amaze me and it's a blast!!!   :worship:      I'll be posting a pic of my ShelbyGT!   

Also guys, I'll be posting one other pic showing a helpful tip!!!!!!:hysterical2:            

Later!

32312915_2321466871200538_8000616605987897344_n__1526319332_87176.jpg

IMG_0560__1526319437_15210.jpg

That’s a Bute there Goose!! :thumbsup: 

....and that there Shelby GT ain’t too shabby, neither!! :lol: 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 9:26 AM, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose is that made by Exoto ?  Nice GS. I’m back and will post some diecast later. Just made eggs Benedict for the wife. 

Rules #1 #2 #3 and #4.....ask wife for directions :worship:  There is no such thing as a U turn in a MH while towing plus you can’t back up. I’ve tried and nope. Well that’s it from my vast experience and all my years of traveling. 

Here is a diecast from awhile back. Notice how the front wheels are correctly turned so as to avoid a spin.

Mike, I have a white 1/24 Maisto 2001 Z06. It’s boxed up in the basement with all the others. I remember finding it in Walgreens......I was very happy to get it. They’re rare finds. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, mach 1 1970 said:

1/18 Maisto.  I love red guts!!! :love_shower:

Different car than what I posted above...obviously. 

27242413407_7a0ff7e033_k_d.jpg

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1