• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
SFcobra65

Die-Cast collections

Very nice. I got into diecast with the Viper back in the early 90s. You have to start somewhere!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, Here's some pics of my very first die cast car that started the ball a-rolling along!!!! It's a 1957 Fuel Injected Corvette, 1/18th scale, made in Italy by Burago and it's very well detailed!  :cool:

Later!

"MONOGOOSE"     :peelout:

IMG_0604__1527401671_68295.jpg

IMG_0605__1527401733_12497.jpg

IMG_0606__1527401816_11237.jpg

IMG_0608__1527401858_53538.jpg

I have that’n too Gooser!!!! 

photo (4)

• Like 1

A few years ago Johnny Lightning brought out a 1:24 scale '69 Mach 1. If you can overlook the aftermarket style wheels and the  rear window louvers and rear spoiler, it's a nice addition to any collection. The red, white and blue cars came boxed, the New Lime car came unboxed and were sold loose only as far as I know.

The 1:43 red convertible was included in the goodie box for those who attended the 45th Mustang show in Birmingham. They did sell extras for a donation to charity.

jl mach 1 setx.JPG

maisto 45thx.JPG

Edited by falcongtho3
  • Like 1

Those are rare. I’ve not ever seen or heard of those.  Very cool indeed. :) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

Very nice. I got into diecast with the Viper back in the early 90s. You have to start somewhere!

Thanks!  I think I probably started collecting diecast and other automobilia around the late 70s.   This can become addicting at times, as I'm sure you well know!  :)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

4 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

I much prefer your color, tho! :) 

Hey Chris, your car looks cool!  Did you do a custom re-paint?:cool:   Also, cool old style pump!

Later!

"Mongoose"     :peelout:

Hey guys, yes those J.L. Mustangs are cool and I have seen some of those in the past.  A old friend of mine used to own a Hobby shop and he would stock his store with anything that any body would ask for,especially diecast of all different brands. He also attended alot of dealer shows! He has since passed on, and is probably playing with all his "Big Boy Toys" in heaven!!!!!   :)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

As the guys from Monty Python would say, now for something completely different...

p.i.bat posterx.JPG

shelby blueprintx.JPG

• Like 1

I picked up a white Jada 2005 white FGT 1/24 scale yesterday at Wally World. I took some pics, but without my computer I can’t get em to Flickr to download here. It looks pretty cool, sans the black rims. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

I picked up a white Jada 2005 white FGT 1/24 scale yesterday at Wally World. I took some pics, but without my computer I can’t get em to Flickr to download here. It looks pretty cool, sans the black rims. 

Hey Chris, as Slow Lane would say, "get out the sharpie"!!!!    LOL  :thumbsup:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"         :peelout:

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Chris, as Slow Lane would say, "get out the sharpie"!!!!    LOL  :thumbsup:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"         :peelout:

Hmmmm...... Good :idea:

They are quite intricate Goose. Not sure I’m up to it? :fear: 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 4:20 AM, Mustangcollector said:

I love the SHELBY lettering on the tool cabinet.

As promised. :salute:

It’s a work in progress 

BB’s Box

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1

That’s one cool ass tool chest. How did you get Carroll’s signature ? Did you transport that Hugh cabinet to a Shelby event :hysterical2:. Or just take a drawer out and get him to sign that. Either way it’s pretty neat even with Dodge on there. I know I know he did work with Dodge. But to me those were the dark days for performance cars for all companies. You now have two spaces open...... any ideas ? How about a mach1 emblem ? Or a Bob Bonderant signature. He does sign items at his school. Call them for instructions they are happy to help.

Later slow lane. :shift:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

I cannot tell a lie Mike.....that is a decal sold at Shelby Perf. Parts. ;) 

They are offered in a few sizes. I have one on the back of my eyefone. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/49646269@N05/bX7V03

Hey guys,  Chris, very cool toolchest and also your Shelby signature decal!  I saw one of those decals on a friend of mine's Shelby GT500 on his shock tower and it looked pretty cool!!!!   Also, I have to agree with what Slow Lane said regarding the Dodge days with Shelby!:(   Also, as far as Bob Bondurant goes , you'd really like him, he is a very cool guy!  I've meet him a couple of times for autographs on the Daytona coupe that he drove!  He's a "Class Act"!!!!:worship:

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys,  Chris, very cool toolchest and also your Shelby signature decal!  I saw one of those decals on a friend of mine's Shelby GT500 on his shock tower and it looked pretty cool!!!!   Also, I have to agree with what Slow Lane said regarding the Dodge days with Shelby!:(   Also, as far as Bob Bondurant goes , you'd really like him, he is a very cool guy!  I've meet him a couple of times for autographs on the Daytona coupe that he drove!  He's a "Class Act"!!!!:worship:

Thanks Goose! Yes, Bob is cool! I met him at Firebird Lake in Az. on my Bondurant school day in the orange Mustang GT’s. He had just had his stroke and wasn’t well enough to doing autographs that day. :( 

• Like 1

Hey fellas, I have a question for you all. 

I know how I feel about this, but wonder how you all feel. 

As it relates to die cast packaging..... on 1/64’s, do you guys think they need to stay in their sealed pkgs? As for the larger models, should we keep the boxes? After all, we aren’t talking high finance here on these toys. Except for some of the Exoto models and a few others you guys own. 

Thoughts??? 

Thx, BB

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

As it relates to die cast packaging..... on 1/64’s, do you guys think they need to stay in their sealed pkgs? As for the larger models, should we keep the boxes? After all, we aren’t talking high finance here on these toys. Except for some of the Exoto models and a few others you guys own. 

Thoughts??? 

Thx, BB

I only have a few, a GT and a couple of Mustangs including a 66 GT350H. 

I know the toy guy from Pawn Stars will disagree.  To me the die casts are the same as a garage queen:  Drive it or display it!!!!  Put that still in wrappers car in a storage locker or the still in the box die cast in the closet.  Get them out where you can see them.

PS That doesn't mean I don't keep the boxes :)

Edited by twobjshelbys
  • Like 1

Hey Chris, I think Tony answered your question pretty good!  I happen to have a fairly large collection of diecast and they are displayed in at least four rooms of the house.  Don't be afraid to display the ones you really like, or you wont be able to enjoy them as much! As far as the smaller ones go ,I've taken many of them out of the packages to display them and I only keep the very limited or special ones in special boxes!

I do try to keep a lot of my diecast in Curios, wall units,display boxes, etc.  For sure keep the boxes for the higher dollar cars and specialty ones!   Dust is the enemy of the diecast and I really "Hate" dusting!!!  Personally I really like to see my cars in nice display boxes that I have purchased but that gets pretty pricey at times!!     P.S.  My wife doesn't really appreciate all my car stuff in all them rooms!  She keeps telling me I have to start down-sizing and not buying anymore!!!!   LOL  :lol:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"     :peelout:

8 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Thoughts??? 

Thx, BB

I keep the boxes on all 1:18 cars and slot cars. I have sold a few on ebay and you need the box. On old pressed steel toys (1950’s ) a box can increase the value as much as 40% in the collector market. Exoto , GMP type models I also keep out of the sun and in a glass cabinet. My space right now is full and the only way I’d buy something is to make room and sell something . So the boxes are necessary and help secure the model in shipping. 

• Like 1

Hey Chris, Slow lane is right on the mark!!   The value of the original box in very good condition is extremely important and also valuable to the collectors and he's right on saying they help in shipping if your selling!!   Way to go Slow Lane!!!!    "Just Funning Ya"!!!  :lol:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

I agree with you guys on the large cars for sure. As for the 1/64’s, some come packaged with a better visual than others. The Shelby Collectibles 1/64’s are hard to see the details (in most cases). Their pkging is horrid! 

I wondered what mustangcollector is doing with all his boxes. He needs a whole nuther room just for them!!! :drop: 

• Like 1

,Hey guys, I'm back with a few more pics for you all to hopefully enjoy!!! It is the awesome  UT Model, 1/18th, GM Design, Experimental "Mako Shark" Corvette! This concept car was greatly inspired by a real Mako Shark caught off the coast of Florida by William L. Mitchell who at this time was Vice President of General Motors Styling Staff! Even the colors on this concept car were to resemble the Mako Shark's real color!  It's based on an iridescent blue upper surface that blends into a white side and lower body! The present engine is a production 1969 427C.I. ZL1, aluminum block and heads, and also intake. It's running a single four-barrel carburetor and the engine produces upwards of 425H.P. The Mako Shark is presently part of the Vintage Concept Car Collection, owned and cared for by the General Motors Design Center!!!!   P.S. I removed it out of it's original box for the pics but I wasn't going to remove clear banding or the stickers, that is why the doors, and the hood aren't open!!    :cool:    Later! 

"MONGOOSE"     :peelout:

IMG_0619__1528173356_74277.jpg

IMG_0621__1528173286_10764.jpg

IMG_0622__1528173234_27338.jpg

IMG_0624__1528173129_41107.jpg

IMG_0625__1528173185_34903.jpg

9 hours ago, Mongoose said:

,Hey guys, I'm back with a few more pics for you all to hopefully enjoy!!! It is the awesome  UT Model, 1/18th, GM Design, Experimental "Mako Shark" Corvette! This concept car was greatly inspired by a real Mako Shark caught off the coast of Florida by William L. Mitchell who at this time was Vice President of General Motors Styling Staff! Even the colors on this concept car were to resemble the Mako Shark's real color!  It's based on an iridescent blue upper surface that blends into a white side and lower body! The present engine is a production 1969 427C.I. ZL1, aluminum block and heads, and also intake. It's running a single four-barrel carburetor and the engine produces upwards of 425H.P. The Mako Shark is presently part of the Vintage Concept Car Collection, owned and cared for by the General Motors Design Center!!!!   P.S. I removed it out of it's original box for the pics but I wasn't going to remove clear banding or the stickers, that is why the doors, and the hood aren't open!!    :cool:    Later! 

"MONGOOSE"     :peelout:

IMG_0619__1528173356_74277.jpg

IMG_0621__1528173286_10764.jpg

IMG_0622__1528173234_27338.jpg

IMG_0624__1528173129_41107.jpg

IMG_0625__1528173185_34903.jpg

That wood grain dash is “Groovy Baby!!”

:lol:

That car is a nice rendition there Goose. I liiiiiike! 

• Like 1

Thanks Chris!  I wish they would of kept the six tail lights and those way out there sidepipes!!   If they would of kept them, then it would be really "Rad"!!!    :drool:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"     :peelout:

That’s  far out man . Got to get out some more diecast soon. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 8:29 AM, mach 1 1970 said:

I keep the boxes on all 1:18 cars and slot cars. I have sold a few on ebay and you need the box. On old pressed steel toys (1950’s ) a box can increase the value as much as 40% in the collector market. Exoto , GMP type models I also keep out of the sun and in a glass cabinet. My space right now is full and the only way I’d buy something is to make room and sell something . So the boxes are necessary and help secure the model in shipping. 

Looking at some of these collection you & Mongoose need to add on another room to your houses (lol)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

That’s  far out man . Got to get out some more diecast soon. 

• Like 1