• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
SFcobra65

Die-Cast collections

2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Sea hunt. Remember that show.   “ Be careful when you dive.” That’s his father . He was in a sienfield episode about being fit as his son...funny as hell  ...Izzy mendelbaum 

F4F5EB96-4E2A-4C45-AF58-81715BB2D35E.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, shelby001 said:

Looking at some of these collection you & Mongoose need to add on another room to your houses (lol)

Hey Jim, If I put any more diecast in another room I think my wife might pack my bags and put them on the front porch!!!!  LOL  :hysterical2:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

11 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Jim, If I put any more diecast in another room I think my wife might pack my bags and put them on the front porch!!!!  LOL  :hysterical2:

Later!

After she backs your bags you could ask if you could use the empty drawers to store more of your collection . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Later!

50 minutes ago, shelby001 said:

After she backs your bags you could ask if you could use the empty drawers to store more of your collection . 

:hysterical2:  times two!!!!!!

• Like 1

Very funny boys!   You guys are a real "Gas"!!!!    :kookie:

Hey guys, I was looking through some old photos and I ran across this cool one!  Ford and Chevy back together!!!!!  LOL  :lol: It's my tricked out custom pedal car pulling a limited edition of a "Ford 100th Anniversary" Cub Crusier with a fully chromed out and polished "64 Corvette StingRay Fuel Injection Unit"  :cool:  Now that's "Groovy Baby" and "Way Far out"!!!:salute:   That's about as "Radical" as it gets!!!:happyfeet:  

Hey Slow Lane, This photo is for your dog "Baily"!  My pet Cockotoo, "Buddy" is just waiting for your "Little Dog"!!!    P.S.  We have had him for around 27years already and I think he's going to outlive both my wife and I!!!LOL  Our two Ruff Collies and our three cats don't really bother him, but he still likes the cats, and he's the "Boss"!!    :hysterical:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

IMG_0646__1528490306_26717.jpg

IMG_0645__1528490222_75675.jpg

Howdee fellas and fellow diecast collectors. 

I was at Target today in the Hot Wheels area, and a thought crossed my mind. I wanna see if you all agree or have any thoughts regarding this. 

I had one of each of the 50th Hot Wheels / Old school HW button in my hands...there are 5 different ones in this particular collection. As I was looking at the $5.49 price tag, per......It occurred to me that of late, the wheels (particularly the rims) are all the same anymore. HW’s has seemingly cheaped out on design in this area. Too often anymore the rims on the cars are not true or correct, or even remotely close to the right style, and for me I have less and less interest in grabbing one of these with ugly rims anymore. :( Especially for a $5 price tag!!! 

Am I off base on this ? 

• Like 1

I did pick up the entire set, even the less-than-impressive Mustang. The other 50th set is a really nice black carded set that I've found at Walgreens as well as Albertsons. Sadly, the Camaro chase car has seemingly been ripped from every place that got these to be scalped on ebay. 

The set you did find at Target is a pretty good representation of what was on the pegs 50 years ago, just not at 5.99.

The new Star Wars sets, as well as the Super Hunts have had some very nice wheels, but some of the $1 cars have had some awful ones.

• Like 1

Hey Chris, I still buy a few Hot Wheels now and then for me or my 5 year old Grandson.  But I only buy ones usually for a $1.00 or less and I have to really like the style!   And yes I would say they are cheap-ing out on there cars!  But, isn't that the way it goes after a while, the American Way! "Profit" above all else!  LOL   :hysterical2:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"     :peelout:

Hey Mongoose how old is that beautiful bird in bird years ?  Little Bailey.:puppy_kiss: will be 3 and get this ....born on the 4th of July and doesn’t know what a parrot is. She saw a black snake the other day and ran away. I would have also.

If Buddy is the Boss where are his STRIPES.:hysterical2:

later slow lane.:shift:

492761A8-80B9-4D9A-BEA9-7688400B08F0.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Chris, I still buy a few Hot Wheels now and then for me or my 5 year old Grandson.  But I only buy ones usually for a $1.00 or less and I have to really like the style!   And yes I would say they are cheap-ing out on there cars!  But, isn't that the way it goes after a while, the American Way! "Profit" above all else!  LOL   :hysterical2:

Later!

So true Goose! 

On a side note fellars, I read where ToysRUs have 150 stores left that might get “resuscitated” by a couple new interests. 

DAMN, I hope so!!! :happyfeet: 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Mongoose how old is that beautiful bird in bird years ?  Little Bailey.:puppy_kiss: will be 3 and get this ....born on the 4th of July and doesn’t know what a parrot is. She saw a black snake the other day and ran away. I would have also.

If Buddy is the Boss where are his STRIPES.:hysterical2:

later slow lane.:shift:

492761A8-80B9-4D9A-BEA9-7688400B08F0.jpeg

Hey Slow Lane, Buddy says he don't need no stinken stripes, but he does have one hell of a bite!  He could take your finger clear off if he wanted too!  I think he's around 35 years old and he could possibly live to around 60!!!!  I don't normally like snakes  that much either, but I always will leave them alone!  Besides, I'm the "MONGOOSE"!!!  LOL      :hysterical2:

Later!

Ford Mustang is going back to Australia to race in the V/8 supercar series. In 2019 the Ford Mustang Penske team will run the mustang in Australia. Click on Ford to watch.

Ford

3E36D78E-9D55-459C-B9BA-0D5D1D91E1F4.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Ford Mustang is going back to Australia to race in the V/8 supercar series. In 2019 the Ford Mustang Penske team will run the mustang in Australia. Click on Ford to watch.

Ford

3E36D78E-9D55-459C-B9BA-0D5D1D91E1F4.jpeg

That very car...as it sits there in THAT pic, gives me a pi$$ shiver!!! :worship: 

• Like 1

I picked up a 2017 Blue Corvette GranSport in 1/24 Maisto at Walgreens while here in CT. yesterday. Sharp looking. The only thing that woulda made it cooler would be red guts. It has cheap black interior. 

Most of these Maisto 1/24’s have fairly good detail for $10. 

Edit- They had two maroon ‘64 Ford Thundebolts ...same size, same price. The T-Bolt hood looks very accurate, and it even has staggered wheels and tires and a sweet “correct” rake in the front. The engine bay looked nice too...with correct looking snorkels routed to the scoop openings. Oh yeah, and I didn’t buy the Ford, cuz like Goose, mama tells me I better cut it back! :lol: 

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1

Hey Chris, sounds like another nice edition to your collection!  Remember, what mama doesn't see, mama doesn't know!!!!! LOL  I hope to post some pics tomorrow I took at a car show, yesterday.   Also the wife and I were cruising the car lots after the show and I just so happened to run across a Blue Grand Sport, very cool! I took a pic and will post later.  :camera:

Later!

Here some pics for all you guys from a recent car show.  These are "Giant Diecast" aren't they,LOL!    Hope you enjoy them, and there will be a few more on the next post.                                            Later!          "MONGOOSE"      :peelout:

IMG_0650__1530032824_58400.jpg

IMG_0651__1530032727_80490.jpg

IMG_0653__1530032607_99416.jpg

IMG_0654__1530032486_69325.jpg

IMG_0657__1530032364_38177.jpg

IMG_0658__1530032255_86562.jpg

IMG_0660__1530032164_77187.jpg

IMG_0663__1530032048_10537.jpg

IMG_0665__1530031919_55528.jpg

IMG_0666__1530031808_21060.jpg

Sorry guys, this is the only pic I had left and I promised to post this pic for Chris.   I think this is a very cool looking car!  "The Grand Sport Corvette".    Simply awesome in my book!

No black wheels on this baby!!!!!!!:clapping:

Later!

IMG_0681.jpg

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

Sorry guys, this is the only pic I had left and I promised to post this pic for Chris.   I think this is a very cool looking car!  "The Grand Sport Corvette".    Simply awesome in my book!

No black wheels on this baby!!!!!!!:clapping:

Later!

IMG_0681.jpg

SAWEEEEEEEEEET!!!! :drool: 

Thanks Goose! 

Whats the 408 on the orange Mustang?? I’ve not heard of that. :shrug: 

• Like 1

Painting the wheels on my Grand Sport silver right now with a Sharpie. Stand by for a pic. 

Edit - Here ya go..... 1/24 Maisto $9.99 :happyfeet: 

43028986161_81b60b0e44_b.jpg

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:
4 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Hey Chris, I've never seen that chase car before, but it has a awesome paint job with cool wheels to boot!  I thought you guys might get a kick out of that 408 on the hood of that 70 Mach 1.    It's probably a custom built   and bored 351 cleavland because everything else on the car showed drag car.  It had a roll cage, fuel cell, custom racing seats, custom dash, racing harness etc., but still very cool!   Nice job on the wheels of your new Grand Sport.

Later!

"MONGOOSE"        :peelout:

Hey guys, lets try and wake this cool site up again!   I'll post this very cool Caroll Shelby collectable by Hot Wheels!  It has the Shelby Series 1 and also the very cool No.98 Cobra 427 S/C in this very cool illustrated collector box.

Later!                 "MONGOOSE"      :peelout:

IMG_0692__1530246159_64752.jpg

IMG_0693__1530246260_67299.jpg

IMG_0694__1530246342_75535.jpg

10 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, lets try and wake this cool site up again!   I'll post this very cool Caroll Shelby collectable by Hot Wheels!  It has the Shelby Series 1 and also the very cool No.98 Cobra 427 S/C in this very cool illustrated collector box.

Later!                 "MONGOOSE"      :peelout:

IMG_0692__1530246159_64752.jpg

IMG_0693__1530246260_67299.jpg

IMG_0694__1530246342_75535.jpg

:drool: 

• Like 1

Here’s that FGT by Jada I picked up a while back fellas. 

I wish it had blue stripes and accents, instead of black.....oh well. 

42398071524_58361b93a5_b.jpg

29244472258_0f2d91ce66_b.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Chris, the Ford GT looks good just as it is, very cool looking!:cool:        Here's a closeup of Ace in my 100th anniversary Ford Wagon.   P.S. Don't tell Slow Lane, Ace is looking for Baily!  LOL

Later!

IMG_0528.jpg

10 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Chris, the Ford GT looks good just as it is, very cool looking!:cool:        Here's a closeup of Ace in my 100th anniversary Ford Wagon.   P.S. Don't tell Slow Lane, Ace is looking for Baily!  LOL

Later!

IMG_0528.jpg

If Ace is a boy, he is very handsome!! :wub: 

A few more cars to keep this thread from going dormant. 

41328941840_6a8d08fa04_b.jpg

43089904612_e4dae522b9_b.jpg

43140101481_1039d899a3_b.jpg

43140124541_75fbd47e1d_b.jpg

42235893315_d410942256_b.jpg

41329151190_c22318c2af_b.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Chris, you have some very cool cars, and I think my favorite is the No.37 ,67 GT 500.  I don't think I've ever seen this model before, very cool!  

Also, yes Ace is a boy and here is some of his brothers! First pic is Harley, second pic is Ace, third pic is Dexter! 

IMG_0744__1530509435_82753.jpg

IMG_0745__1530509659_46922.jpg

IMG_0746__1530509797_53901.jpg