• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
SFcobra65

Die-Cast collections

Hey Falcon, very cool Stangs!  The Kalifornia Kustoms ones, I'm not really familiar with and your 70 Mach 1 in the green color might be kind of rare.   The four decades of Pony Power is a nice looking display!    P.S.  I'll try and post some pics a little later and I'll also mention to BB and Mach 1 how about posting some pics!      

Later!               "MONGOOSE"        :peelout:

3 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

An nice 24th M2 release from the 50th.

boss 302 50th 1x.JPG

boss 302 50th 2x.JPG

That 70 Boss 302 is looking pretty good, especially with the cool "Shaker" and red line tires.  It looks like it's a fully decked out Boss with all the cool goodies,rear slats,trunk spoiler, large chin spoiler,twist lock hood pins, graphics, and Magnums.  I'm not sure, but it looks like it is painted a metal flake white custom paint, non-stock, but it looks nice!

Later!       "MONGOOSE"      :peelout:

The paint is a custom look metal flake white that almost looks pearl. I tried to capture some of that in the photo, because it certainly does make it stand out. With all of the goodies, it was some time later that I noticed the blue interior. It's....'unique'.

Do look forward to seeing more posts from you and the others!

Edited by falcongtho3
  • Like 1

Hey Falcon,   yes a blue interior would be unique and the pearl looking paint does look good on that car!  We'll have to try and get more interest for this site!  Also,when my wife and I were at our local "Art Street", a long time childhood friend of my younger brother and me is usually always invited to participate in "Art Street".  He is a very talented "Artist" in the pencil illustration field.  I don't know if you collect Batman and Robin pics, but this Artist (Brent), has a pretty cool looking pencil illustration of Batman and Robin together!  It's pretty cool and he sells prints of it.  My sister and I both own some of his very cool work.  He has quite a few different people illustrated in pencil, like Ozzy Osborne, Wille Nelson, John Wayne, "Adam's Family"(Morticia& Gomez), Marilyn Monroe and lots of others!  He is a very good artist and it is his fulltime job!  

Later!

"MONGOOSE"                :peelout:

This is some original at I had commissioned from two very prominent comic book artists, Neal Adams and Mike Grell. I  enjoy automotive art as well as comic book art.

neal adams batmobile.JPG

mike grell batmobile x.JPG

• Like 1

And for you Ed "Big Daddy" Roth fans, he didn't do this one, but it sure likes he could have!

bat 1x.JPG

bat 2x.JPG

bat 3x.JPG

bat 4x.JPG

• Like 1

Hey Falcon, that's some pretty cool illustrations of the "BatMobile" and "SuperMan"!  Very nice pieces for your cool collection of "BATMAN" memorbila!    The person who did the cast sculpthure had quite a unique imagination!  "Pretty neat piece"!:rockon:

P.S.   I also just put the word out that we could use some more input to this thread from

the rest of the "Car Guys"!   We'll have to wait and see if they want to contribute!!  :waiting: 

Also, Falcon, Brent the "Artist" that I mentioned, can be found at www.brentcrabbart.com!     Later!       "MONGOOSE"     :peelout:

Hey Falcon,  I'm posting a couple of pics, and there not diecast, but I hope you still like them,  I know I do!   One pic is of No.95 "Lightening McQueen", and it is still in it's original box hanging on the wall in my car room and its gives a different perspective  of things I like,  Steve McQueen!    I bought it a few years back on clearance because I thought it was cool!

The other pic is a pencil illustration of the interior of my 64 Corvette StingRay done by my youngest daughter while she was a art student in high school.   And of course, in my eyes it's "Awesome"!!    

Later!            "MONGOOSE"         :peelout:

IMG_0189__1536126578_86595.jpg

IMG_0190__1536126652_25468.jpg

Cool postings, Goose. Anything Lightning McQueen is neat, but that original art by your daughter is awesome. Thanks for sharing and I hope her talent serves her well. Wish my eyes and hands could talk to each other that well.

• Like 1

Hey Falcon, thanks for your nice comment on my daughter's drawing of my 64 StingRay interior.   She's currently the Senior Industrial Designer wear she works!    I too,  wish I had the talent to draw, but I know that ain't happening!!!! LOL. 

Falcon: I'm posting two pics with the stories that go with them, and there both for the same cool article.   I hope you'll be able to read the whole story for the article because it's pretty cool  what some people will do with their life, and also contribute to selfless acts of kindness and not want any monetary gain for them selfs!!!   

This article was in a Senior Lifestyle magazine on hobbies and other things to do, and when I saw the cool article, I thought you would probably really like the story about this gentlemen!

Hope you enjoy it!   Later!

"MONGOOSE"          :peelout:

IMG_0997__1536207312_10516.jpg

IMG_0999__1536207384_62673.jpg

Awesome story, thanks for sharing. I don't collect for any kind of monetary gain, I buy what I like and share with those when and where I can. I appreciate the work and talent that is out there and enjoy hearing and reading all of the stories of the histories of those great pieces of work and collections. I think you might be cut from the same cloth and like sharing with those like minded.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 2:23 AM, Mongoose said:

Hey Falcon,  Those little Micro Machines are looking pretty cool!     I think I especially like your 2 sets of Hall of Fame Racers,your #37 and #11.   I don't remember seeing them before, but  as we get older our memory gets smaller. LOL. :lol:      Later!

"MONGOOSE"     :peelout:

Hey Mongoose ....go skip over to the C8 section and see the latest up to date renderings  ....

sorry this is a duplicate post  .:cool:

Later slo lane .:peelout:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Mongoose here are some pictures of my 2010 Shelby GT500. 1:18 by Greenlight. For the money it’s got pretty decent details. I really like these wheels and they aren’t black . Kind of the same finish on the 19 Mustang GT with the 2 PP option. 

Now you have to get Chris back over here.:tumbleweed:

7F10563C-BDA7-4B44-9007-C031454AF247.jpeg

936977F2-C280-46BE-A692-5A5F4EEDBB0A.jpeg

207045C4-1425-4F46-B112-A51C2136BD65.jpeg

83DDE9F0-D755-48AF-BDF6-B85BEDB737F5.jpeg

73414A4A-58E8-483C-95C4-20289520DB37.jpeg

EFDFF442-B1AE-441A-9BF8-F782993A66D7.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Mongoose... boy that’s really some talent your daughter has. Love the wood wheel and boss type hurst shifter. You are a maverick with that shifter.

later slo lane  :shift:

C3CC9691-0833-4F2A-9A4E-FE2C913FCE9C.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

First off , I would like to take a few minutes to pay my respects of the passing of one of our late great actors today: Mr. Burt Renyolds of the Smokey and the Bandit films and many others!  I've had tons of laughs while watching him do his stuff in the movies and he will be greatly missed!!!  (R.I.P.) Burt! :(

Thanks Slow Lane for posting those cool pics and helping us out because we could use more input from "All us Car Guys" that frequent these forums!  Again much Appreciated!:cool:

Later Big Guy!

"MONGOOSE"              :peelout:

Hey all you "Ghosts", where ever your hiding!!!   I guess it's only me here right now, so I guess I'll be talking to myself!!!!  LOL   Well, like I said before, you never know what I'm going to post  in diecast!   Today I'm posting some pics from Kiddie Car Classic's from Hallmark!  I have a Champion Kiddie Car sitting in front of a cool  "Kiddie Car Corner"  (Billboard) that says, your now leaving and Thanks for stoppin by ... and hurry back!    Then the other side : Cinder says... Fire's not a toy--Don't Destroy!    I thought this stuff was pretty cool myself, you all know there's a kid in all of us!!!  LOL.  :lol:

Hey Chris, how about posting some cool stuff and helping us out!!!!   :rockon:

Later!           "MONGOOSE"       :peelout:

IMG_0205__1536640721_85467.jpg

IMG_0206__1536640835_42208.jpg

Hey Mongoose I found this on vacation....a surfer woody . You likey? .... I like your pedal car from Hallmark. My wife buys and sells those on Ebay ....just a hobby for her. When I get back home I’ll post some more diecast cars. With the 3 hours difference here in Ca. I get up at 4 or 5 am and read a lot on here. 

No surfers on this beach however. Lots of otters and seals . 

DE4DCE63-9DEA-4C93-9C36-730C97ED479A.jpeg

07E4D535-04FC-42BE-A562-0BC0CDE0D8A5.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 12:41 AM, Mongoose said:

Hey Falcon, thanks for your nice comment on my daughter's drawing of my 64 StingRay interior.   She's currently the Senior Industrial Designer wear she works!    I too,  wish I had the talent to draw, but I know that ain't happening!!!! LOL. 

Falcon: I'm posting two pics with the stories that go with them, and there both for the same cool article.   I hope you'll be able to read the whole story for the article because it's pretty cool  what some people will do with their life, and also contribute to selfless acts of kindness and not want any monetary gain for them selfs!!!   

This article was in a Senior Lifestyle magazine on hobbies and other things to do, and when I saw the cool article, I thought you would probably really like the story about this gentlemen!

Hope you enjoy it!   Later!

"MONGOOSE"          :peelout:

IMG_0997__1536207312_10516.jpg

IMG_0999__1536207384_62673.jpg

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Mongoose I found this on vacation....a surfer woody . You likey? .... I like your pedal car from Hallmark. My wife buys and sells those on Ebay ....just a hobby for her. When I get back home I’ll post some more diecast cars. With the 3 hours difference here in Ca. I get up at 4 or 5 am and read a lot on here. 

No surfers on this beach however. Lots of otters and seals . 

DE4DCE63-9DEA-4C93-9C36-730C97ED479A.jpeg

07E4D535-04FC-42BE-A562-0BC0CDE0D8A5.jpeg

Hey Slow Lane, that's a cool looking surfer woody wagon!     Nice pic of the ocean breaking on the rocky edge.     I still have more Hallmark cars and a few other kinds if your interested in seeing them, among many other items!

Later Big Guy!

"MONGOOSE"           :peelout:

Yeah keep them coming. Pal 

• Like 1

Hey Slow Lane,  give me a little time, you guys got me pretty busy right now on the C8 Forum posting my pics from my "Road America" visit, you know all the resizing and stuff takes a fair amount of time so please put your suspenders on and don't get your undies in a bundle!!!   LOL :lol:     P.S.  "Baily" says he wants you to spend more time with him because he thinks you like your cars better!!  :(

Later Big Guy!

"MONGOOSE"         :peelout:

Been pretty under the weather of late, and between that and tons of work...at work (you retired guys wouldn't understand) I've been able to look in but not contribute. Been kinda quiet around these parts.

I really like the Kiddie Cars from Hallmark, I've included a few as well as one of the more unique pieces in my collection. A 3d printed GT350R. It was offered through Ford, and may still be. Not the best finished piece by far, but something very different.

mustang pedal car red x.JPG

batmobile pedal car chrome x.JPG

3d gt350 x.JPG

• Like 1

Hey Falcon, glad your feeling better!  I've been kind of busy lately on the C8 forum resizing pics of cars and stuff from shows and "Road America" pics.  My pics resizing has been giving me a little trouble lately and not working the way I want and taking to much time!  I will try and post some pics in the very near future after I figure it all out!:headscratch:Also, BB let me know that all his diecast is basically all boxed up for moving until his house is finished and then he can put together his (Man Cave)! :cool:  

Hey Falcon, you got some cool little cars there, the mustang, and of course the "Batmobile"!   That blue 3D, 350R, as you said, is very different, but unique!

Later!

"MONGOOSE"             :peelout:

Ok Mongoose...here is a Corvette GTP that raced at Daytona back in 2015. It’s not a diecast but hey it’s cool. Made by spark (only 4” long ) and just released and got it today. Lots of detail. I used to love seeing these race and the v/8 sound was amazing. Yes it’s mid-engine and cool . Front end might look a little similar to the up and coming C8 ...maybe 

The bottom picture is the real car from 2016 when they changed to side exhaust and the side window treatment. Action Express was folded into Whelen Racing also. Two teams under one organization. 

E18CE582-B8A7-406D-9835-D88B9F6DE747.jpeg

234C1407-F25C-46D0-84C1-F253873EF43D.jpeg

B48B4477-8FEE-4FB4-BB03-A8A62BD0F13F.jpeg

3F76ACFE-131C-4920-B725-15DD5B192694.jpeg

DB0901D8-1E36-460E-B270-03940232DA77.jpeg

0766B4AE-0DC3-4578-B42E-91082C7F30BA.jpeg

45AE0AA3-0B92-48A3-AA98-3657AE690A50.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Falcon, glad your feeling better!  I've been kind of busy lately on the C8 forum resizing pics of cars and stuff from shows and "Road America" pics.  My pics resizing has been giving me a little trouble lately and not working the way I want and taking to much time!  I will try and post some pics in the very near future after I figure it all out!:headscratch:Also, BB let me know that all his diecast is basically all boxed up for moving until his house is finished and then he can put together his (Man Cave)! :cool:  

Hey Falcon, you got some cool little cars there, the mustang, and of course the "Batmobile"!   That blue 3D, 350R, as you said, is very different, but unique!

Later!

"MONGOOSE"             :peelout:

Hey mongoose ....this re-sizing is a pain in the buttocks for sure. I have to go from 3800 down to 950. I tend to loose details on small cars.  Oh well 😔 

Falcongtho3....hope you are felling better .:rockon:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Hey a little 63 SWC. Maybe. 

0BE8CD53-BE47-44A2-8809-EB054F9C5BA3.jpeg

7E2B3C08-6BC0-463B-9248-2C7E17F551E2.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Hey Slo Lane,  even if those cars are only 4 inches long, they really look well detailed and present very well!   Very cool cars, and yes one is starting it's own Split Window!  I hope to figure out exactly what I can do on the re-sizing site to get it to work good again because it's really pissing me off!!!   :censored:   :headscratch:     

Later Big Guy!

"MONGOOSE"             :peelout:

Hey Slo Lane, what ever happened on you acquiring the No. 1 GT-40, 1/12th,red, GMP or Acme diecast?   Not a good casting or not up to your expectations on the detailing, or maybe your  still looking around for a good used GMP!       "Just wondering"!  :shrug:

Later Big Guy!

"MONGOOSE"                      :peelout:

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane, what ever happened on you acquiring the No. 1 GT-40, 1/12th,red, GMP or Acme diecast?   Not a good casting or not up to your expectations on the detailing, or maybe your  still looking around for a good used GMP!       "Just wondering"!  :shrug:

Later Big Guy!

"MONGOOSE"                      :peelout:

After I found out it’s just a re-issue I decided not to get one. After owning the 1:10 ford GT  MK lV it’s hard to spend that kind of money for a lesser detailed model. My 1:18 Ford MK lV is enough. 

Later. Slo lane :peelout:

• Like 1