• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, Lapel Pin and 4 pack of pulpboard coasters -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated November 28, 2018. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
SFcobra65

Die-Cast collections

Hey Slo Lane, Your wife is a cool car girl too!  Just like my wife, she knows what you like and want most of the time!   You have quite a few of them cool ornaments for your (Hot Rod) Christmas Tree.  LOL.  :cool:    It was really nice of Bonnie in getting you that cool Red Ford GT 1/18th Shelby Collectable for your upcoming "Halloween Birthday"!   :thumbsup:    Your wife sounds like a real smart lady , and quite the (Wheeler- Dealer) in the "Hallmark Dept"!    And yes, there's quite a few very cool collectables in your collection!   I was lucky enough to buy some "Hallmark" , very cool Corvette ornaments in the past that I like alot!         

The movies, "Bandit" and Christmas Vacation are always fun to see and enjoy for a good laugh!   :lol:        P.S. Your "Eddie's Rv" ornament is pretty cool and it sounds like it is extremely collectable and your lucky enough to have a few too!     Well it's time for me to do some more yard work and the leaves before it gets really cold and they pile up!  :cold:

Later Big Guy!

"GOOSE"                             :peelout:

8 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Ok here is a hallmark I didn’t have to go in the attic to find. 2012 issue of the Bandit my favorite funny move and past actor. It was a real kick in the pants watching him run that Trans Am . Especially All those stunts that I understand he actually did. Sally Fields played a good role of being totally confused about all the truckers slang . She said those truckers can see right in here. His comment was that’s what I like about driving a semi “ I just love being able to spot those beavers darlin” .:hysterical2:

DD01A79C-5EDA-40C8-A743-CEE595B67F6A.jpeg

6AC84568-DB2E-4D86-BC45-F04E893A5CEE.jpeg

8CF97E0C-931B-48E1-A069-184A90AF4DA3.jpeg

E4E1CD9D-44B9-4A5E-824F-641ED6231AC3.jpeg

That’s really cool. Detail looks good for a small car. 

• Like 1

The grabber blue was the regular release, while the red Mach 1 was for Hallmark club members only. I joined (for $) and bought two sets (GTO, 69 Z28 and red Mach 1) and sold of one of each of the others and paid for the membership and both sets of cars. I don't normally sell my collectibles, but it worked out.

• Like 1

Falcongtho3...That’s why I couldn’t find the red mach...sounds like u made a smart move and came out ahead. These hallmark ornaments seem be a hit and miss value wise. My wife always asks me which ones to buy and gets an extra one for me to keep. Then she sells the rest on ebay. Her hobby and she enjoys it. It’s a win win for her and me. Ok got to dig out some more diecast and post later. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane, Your wife is a cool car girl too!  Just like my wife, she knows what you like and want most of the time!   You have quite a few of them cool ornaments for your (Hot Rod) Christmas Tree.  LOL.  :cool:    It was really nice of Bonnie in getting you that cool Red Ford GT 1/18th Shelby Collectable for your upcoming "Halloween Birthday"!   :thumbsup:    Your wife sounds like a real smart lady , and quite the (Wheeler- Dealer) in the "Hallmark Dept"!    And yes, there's quite a few very cool collectables in your collection!   I was lucky enough to buy some "Hallmark" , very cool Corvette ornaments in the past that I like alot!         

The movies, "Bandit" and Christmas Vacation are always fun to see and enjoy for a good laugh!   :lol:        P.S. Your "Eddie's Rv" ornament is pretty cool and it sounds like it is extremely collectable and your lucky enough to have a few too!     Well it's time for me to do some more yard work and the leaves before it gets really cold and they pile up!  :cold:

Later Big Guy!

"GOOSE"                             :peelout:

Yeah it looks like we all have great wives. I know she has helped me with a lot of life changing decisions which turned out very well. But she never says see I told you. Because it’s been a partnership arrangement.. No one person is right instead we both are. And I remind her when we are wrong it was her disaster.:hysterical2:

Ok enough” Zoltar”  ......it’s better to say too little then regret that you said too much . Well that’s zoltar take on things .

379FD81E-8FA8-4C0E-AB51-6E710150F776.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Hey Slo Lane, yes, I'm with you, let the women think there always right because it sure the hell doesn't pay to argue with them!  LOL.  :hysterical2:      That "Zoltar" dude, if I Remember right , was from the movie "Big" with the great (Tom Hanks)!     Boy, he had a hot chick and he didn't know what to do with her!!!!  LOL.   :thumbsup:     I'll try and post some pics for you guys a little later, because right now I have more yard work to do and keep the wife happy and spend a little less time (playing on the computer)!!   LOL    :drop:

Later Guys!

"GOOSE"                       :peelout:

Hey Guys, here's a couple of cool pics that I also posted on another thread on here.  This one I might have posted before, but it's still very cool!  It's a (Original Water Color) of a very early 289 Cobra that was done by the Artist (Foster).   I purchased this quite a while back from the Artist when I was at "Road America" for a event.    The other pic is of my two diecast 1966 Ford GT40s, #2, Black w/gold wheels.   Bottom one is of my 1/12th, GMP edition, and the top one is a 1/18th , Shelby Collectable that I found on clearance at Meijers for $45, so I just couldn't pass it up!    LOL.  :lol:

Later Guys!

"MONGOOSE"                       :peelout:

Sorry guys, I clicked submit before I loaded the pics!   So, here's the pics I took!   LOL :hysterical2:        Later Guys!      "GOOSE"         :peelout:

IMG_0351__1540315919_72465.jpg

IMG_0353__1540316051_91368.jpg

Hey MI$TRESS, Thanks for posting the site!   But, I'm with you, I need the V.B. too!  But, BB or maybe 1970 mach 1 might be interested because they both used to own Black 2007 Shelby GTs.    

Later Guy!

"MONGOOSE"             :peelout:

Hey Chris,  yes, I checked it out and the "Y" is missing on the lid!    Go figure!   :shrug:     :headscratch:    LOL

Later Buddy! 

"GOOSE"                                 :peelout:

My son a collection of diecast mustangs. Too bad they are full of scratches and dents. At age 7, he still has a lot to learn to take care of his toys.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baron84 said:

My son a collection of diecast mustangs. Too bad they are full of scratches and dents. At age 7, he still has a lot to learn to take care of his toys.

Hey Baron,  that's exactly why my 5 year-old grandson only gets some of my Hot-Wheel cars and not my cool diecast till he's a lot older!!!!!  LOL:lol:   

Later Guy!            "MONGOOSE"                :peelout:

Hey Mongoose ....this is the Ford GT MK IV my wife got me for my birthday. It’s made by the Shelby Collectibles  For the money it’s pretty good detail. Just a picture next to the Exoto which cost nearly 8 times the price. Closed up they look darn close in detail. I’ll post some more pictures later  

Got to unpack the motorhome and all. 

32836BEB-4A4C-4AAF-B576-9179CC622904.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Mongoose ....this is the Ford GT MK IV my wife got me for my birthday. It’s made by the Shelby Collectibles  For the money it’s pretty good detail. Just a picture next to the Exoto which cost nearly 8 times the price. Closed up they look darn close in detail. I’ll post some more pictures later  

Got to unpack the motorhome and all. 

32836BEB-4A4C-4AAF-B576-9179CC622904.jpeg

Very cool car, especially in red, and a nice birthday present from your Lady!    "Happy Birthday":yahoo:   I have the yellow #1 Exoto GT-40 and also the brownish looking Exoto GT40, but it doesn't have the No.3 on it, just the stripes.  It looks as good as the Exoto, for a lot cheaper price.  As Chris would say, (Nice Snag)!!!   LOL      :peelout:

Later Big Guy!                      "MONGOOSE"

Hey fellas it’s getting a little strange over at the C8 forum. Maybe we need to gather over here and post some diecast we own. I will start with some pictures tomorrow. Or maybe just add some cool stuff . Your call  

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey fellas it’s getting a little strange over at the C8 forum. Maybe we need to gather over here and post some diecast we own. I will start with some pictures tomorrow. Or maybe just add some cool stuff . Your call  

Hey Big Guy, I'm game if you are!    I'll try and post some pics later tomorrow because it's suppose to be sunny and in the mid 50's and I have a fair amount of work outside to get done while it's kind of nice out!!!   That keeps the wife happy, so then I'll be able to fool around on the computer later!   :thumbsup:

Later Big Guy!                 "GOOSE"            :peelout:

Ok Fellas ...here is the 1:18 Ford GT MK IV like I said the detail isn’t bad for $47 from Shelby Colectibles. The last picture Is the Ford GT 40 by Exoto  ...But that was $995 when issued. No match when you open them up. Plus it’s Hugh 1:10 scale. The GMP 1:12 scale GT 40 is also right up there in detail and worth it IMO. 

I’m going to spend a little time over here until I get more info on the C8 . 

Later slo lane :shift:

60DFB1AB-CEFC-4F23-A6F9-34F045A4E629.jpeg

8D3D60A0-D011-449F-B247-7410A640BD6A.jpeg

025455FA-ACC1-407A-B100-2E43E016A169.jpeg

4FC27E83-BC8B-439A-8BE9-0633BA859119.jpeg

17A2A7ED-2973-4DA7-A99C-2569546E1C82.jpeg

C4D082BE-D974-426D-AC89-EF87F65D1FB5.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Ok here is one of my favorites I dug out and put on display. Exoto 1:18 Ford GT MK IV.  Really pops in yellow and great detail. These sold new from exoto back in 2007 on sale for $116.... I bought a few.  Now they easily go for $350 all the way up to $1150 asking prices. They have issued a cheaper model with the rear bonnet opening from the rear. It’s not as detailed and confuses people on ebay why the difference in price. 

This one even  has the corvair taillights . Yep it sure does look at the last picture. 

15F0A795-1955-4366-BF95-FF50D3BB802E.jpeg

C66C2B7D-82C7-47C3-8274-8E2BDC92A6F1.jpeg

023C4923-506F-47D5-A8AC-77665D5DEE95.jpeg

D97D07F9-458F-4855-9358-B2EEA1DC9CDF.jpeg

A269D071-AE02-4723-8180-11A2BF093EC7.jpeg

0F280D06-7526-4BD7-BF2A-C8415EA7989F.jpeg

E0B5A108-3277-4200-8161-847588088DAA.jpeg

55B7FF12-DE62-42F3-B0E2-7111913FA1D0.jpeg

81E016CB-755C-409C-8001-A0AC6714ECCD.jpeg

85F3949E-4CAD-4344-9B5D-5F2483BC8E5D.jpeg

D3907C59-2FCF-4B1B-A0DF-A9397A7717FE.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Ok here is one of my favorites I dug out and put on display. Exoto 1:18 Ford GT MK IV.  Really pops in yellow and great detail. These sold new from exoto back in 2007 for $116. Now they easily go for $350 all the way up to $1150 asking prices. 

Even has the corvair taillights . Yep it sure does. 

15F0A795-1955-4366-BF95-FF50D3BB802E.jpeg

C66C2B7D-82C7-47C3-8274-8E2BDC92A6F1.jpeg

023C4923-506F-47D5-A8AC-77665D5DEE95.jpeg

D97D07F9-458F-4855-9358-B2EEA1DC9CDF.jpeg

A269D071-AE02-4723-8180-11A2BF093EC7.jpeg

0F280D06-7526-4BD7-BF2A-C8415EA7989F.jpeg

E0B5A108-3277-4200-8161-847588088DAA.jpeg

55B7FF12-DE62-42F3-B0E2-7111913FA1D0.jpeg

81E016CB-755C-409C-8001-A0AC6714ECCD.jpeg

85F3949E-4CAD-4344-9B5D-5F2483BC8E5D.jpeg

:thumbsup:Nice

• Like 1

Hey Slo Lane,  I must say that you take some beautiful detailed pics of  all of your "Awesome" cars!    The Red & Yellow Ford GT-40s really "POP'!!       Your Shelby Collectible's  Ford GT MK  IV , No.1  in red,   looks very detailed and a good buy at $47.   I thought you said previously it was at $60.  Either way, a good buy for the money!     Yes, Exoto's are pricey, but there still some of the best in fine detail!   I posted a few pics of my full size  cars on the C-8 forum earlier.    I try and post some pics here a little bit later, because it's getting late again and I gotta go and get some much needed shut-eye!!!!!    :hysterical2:

Later Big Guy!          "GOOSE"          :peelout:

My bad $60 with shipping. Sometimes My wife gets free shipping and I wasn’t sure. Got the GT on ebay . I helped her fine it. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Hey Mongoose.. I was watching a 2018 episode of chasing classic cars today. The guy had a red Ford GT MK IV. Restored. It was an amazing episode. I’ll try to get the number of the episode. There’s Wayne as always. It’s a cool story so I won’t get into any details. They only made 12 and  3 were destroyed. This was number 10. I still think the gmp 1:12 might be a little more accurate in the side glass detail then the exoto model. But $599 just can’t bring myself around to spending that nor the room. 

6FBC8C5B-1854-4E93-9C5B-161ABC7B042F.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Mongoose.. I was watching a 2018 episode of chasing classic cars today. The guy had a red Ford GT MK IV. Restored. It was an amazing episode. I’ll try to get the number of the episode. There’s Wayne as always. It’s a cool story so I won’t get into any details. They only made 10 and  3 were destroyed. This was number 10. I still think the gmp 1:12 might be a little more accurate in the side glass detail then the exoto model. But $599 just can’t bring myself around to spending that nor the room. 

6FBC8C5B-1854-4E93-9C5B-161ABC7B042F.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane, I love red cars, especially the cool Ford GTs!  I'm a little curious why he doesn't have numbered cue-balls, because it would look cooler yet with them numbered!  Or is it considered a no-no or patent infringement or is it totally something else?    :shrug:    :headscratch:         Just wondering!

Later Big Guy!           "GOOSE"                          :peelout:

Hey You guys, I currently can only post 3 or 4 pics at a time, that's all it will let me do!    So, with that said I'm posting some pics, and you never know for sure what I'm going to post next!

One cool pic will be a 3D, (Die Cast Pewter Plate) of a "Red 57 Corvette" sitting in front of the "City Diner"   The Plate, is Plate one in (America's Favorite Classic Cars), and it's a limited edition and it closed forever on the 31st day of March 1995 and it was made by the 'Bradford Exchange!     The other pics are of my smaller scale 'Red"  AC Cobra, made by Solido cars!:cool:

Okay, sorry guys I did it again and hit submit before I posted the pics!   So, lets try it again, and this time I'll do it right.     :camera:

Later all you guys!          "Goose"           :peelout:

IMG_0375__1541132514_26879.jpg

IMG_0376__1541132190_51788.jpg

IMG_0377__1541132266_50450.jpg

IMG_0378__1541132356_71348.jpg

10 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane, I love red cars, especially the cool Ford GTs!  I'm a little curious why he doesn't have numbered cue-balls, because it would look cooler yet with them numbered!  Or is it considered a no-no or patent infringement or is it totally something else?    :shrug:    :headscratch:         Just wondering!

Later Big Guy!           "GOOSE"                          :peelout:

This car #J 10 never raced with number 1 on it. It also never raced at LeMans like the other red car # 1 that won that race. The episode tells more about the history but never explains why no number appears on the car. This car raced in cam am as a roadster and not in its current coupe form. Maybe that has something to do with its number.  I’ll try to get more info on your question. I did find out the car was in the pebble beach auction in 2018 after the episode but didn’t sell . Picture below. 

Later slo lane. :shift:

6F2986DF-B929-4F94-8272-C64B4FEBC6D6.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

This car #J 10 never raced with number 1 on it. It also never raced at LeMans like the other red car # 1 that won that race. The episode tells more about the history but never explains why no number appears on the car. This car raced in cam am as a roadster and not in its current coupe form. Maybe that has something to do with its number.  I’ll try to get more info on your question. I did find out the car was in the pebble beach auction in 2018 after the episode but didn’t sell . Picture below. 

Later slo lane. :shift:

6F2986DF-B929-4F94-8272-C64B4FEBC6D6.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane, ya know it's really pretty funny when you think about how and the hell does Chevy "Corvair" taillights end up being used on the rear of Ford's great Ford GT MARK IV?  :headscratch:   I could picture Mr. Carroll Shelby looking at those taillights with a funny smirk on his face!   :cool:      It's really quite funny, but I'm not sure the (Chevy Boys) felt the same way.   :stirpot:       I'm curious just what the Ford GT was bid up to, but ended with a no sale!   :redcard:                   Later Big Guy!        "GOOSE"                :peelout: