• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, and Lapel Pin -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated January 2, 2019. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
SFcobra65

Die-Cast collections

Mongoose....got this on ebay the other day. It’s resin and pretty good details. Got it for $84 + shipping winning bid. . Not a bad price considering what the others are going for. 

. Yes it’s exactly like what I have ....right down to the rims and interior except red seats only no dash and yes black. 

Even the red calipers .

C09E7E2D-E0FA-4B33-A0BD-7288DDF01989.jpeg

0E7D16A8-11DE-4E44-8DE0-C818B33B30D7.jpeg

E44F38D9-0687-4011-AA29-DE044C925B7D.jpeg

49EB7669-4963-4671-88F7-1130BA08BCA9.jpeg

1FC10FB4-A816-4639-9B75-DDA5F1983DA6.jpeg

5F3B4B90-F338-493E-8993-683A5A798857.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose...that’s the exact corvette model I had. Is that a $13 price tag on the box ? You are right it is big and very good detail. Cool calendars from the past. That is the same Mc Queen car I got our grandson for Christmas. 

I’ll try to post some diecast tomorrow Saturday. I’ll surprise you. It’s been raining here for the past 8 days straight. Going Bonkers. Chris has snow in Phoenix today. Crazy weather.

Hey Slo Lane, yes that was the price on clearance at the Hobby shop quite a while back!!  I just couldn't pass that up for that price!!  It is still in the plastic wrapper on the box!  The McQueen Car Picture is really pretty cool in that it's done in 3D!!   :thumbsup:         Sooner or later it will eventually dry out!!  :)         Later Bud!         "GOOSE"     :peelout:

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose....got this on ebay the other day. It’s resin and pretty good details. Got it for $84 + shipping winning bid. . Not a bad price considering what the others are going for. 

. Yes it’s exactly like what I have ....right down to the rims and interior except red seats only no dash and yes black. 

Even the red calipers .

C09E7E2D-E0FA-4B33-A0BD-7288DDF01989.jpeg

0E7D16A8-11DE-4E44-8DE0-C818B33B30D7.jpeg

E44F38D9-0687-4011-AA29-DE044C925B7D.jpeg

49EB7669-4963-4671-88F7-1130BA08BCA9.jpeg

1FC10FB4-A816-4639-9B75-DDA5F1983DA6.jpeg

5F3B4B90-F338-493E-8993-683A5A798857.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane,   that's a pretty good looking Resin model of the Jag F type / R AWD model!    It looks like it's Carbon Fiber all around the controls on the console!    (Yes, it's exactly what I have).   ????    :shrug:   ???         Am I missing something here??            Later Bud!        "GOOSE"       :peelout:

this model. Color , rims, interior color etc.

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

The 2016 jaguar F type R that I bought is identical to this model. Color , rims, interior color etc.

28 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

The 2016 jaguar F type R that I bought is identical to this model. Color , rims, interior color etc.

Hey Slo Lane, Very "COOL"!     (What about your "HUSH") order!!     Remember!!!      :headscratch:             :talkhand:               Later Bud!          "GOOSE"      :peelout:

36 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane, Very "COOL"!     (What about your "HUSH") order!!     Remember!!!      :headscratch:             :talkhand:               Later Bud!          "GOOSE"      :peelout:

What jag not sure what you mean..... Good job bud. :victory:

Edited by mach 1 1970

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

What jag not sure what you mean..... Good job bud. :victory:

Okay Slo Lane,  I'll play your game!  ;)     That's a Damn cool model you have!!   :sneaking:                         Later Bud!              "GOOSE"   :peelout:

Hey you diecast lovers,    here's some very cool pics of two CUSTOM CLASSIC TRUCKS!   This is a limited edition of a Hot Wheels Adult Collectable, consisting of a very cool 59 EL CAMINO and a awesome 59 CHEVY APACHE!!    Currently in America there is a big love affair with cool old trucks, either customized or kept stock!    So, I hope you enjoy the pics, I know I do!!      :banvictory:           Later Guys!                     "MONGOOSE"        :peelout:

IMG_0817__1551306173_46493__1551306478_64446.jpg

IMG_0816__1551306298_70028.jpg

IMG_0813__1551306435_69398.jpg

Cool El Camino and pickup .  I remember thrush  mufflers back in the day. Cherry bombs also. Glass packs on my brothers 56 ford club sedan. He was 10 years older then me. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

Better connection: Dean Moon (Moon Eyes Racing) owned the small shop where the first Cobra, CSx2000, was put together by "shel and his team.  Also, glass pack mufflers were the exhaust used on the 65-66 Shelby GT350 to scare the Corvettes out of the way. :cool:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

Better connection: Dean Moon (Moon Eyes Racing) owned the small shop where the first Cobra, CSx2000, was put together by "shel and his team.  Also, glass pack mufflers were the exhaust used on the 65-66 Shelby GT350 to scare the Corvettes out of the way. :cool:

Hey 66GT350s,   back in the day when I just turned 19 I bought a 64 black StingRay Coupe!    That car was equipped with a hi-po 327 CI. running a 3/4 race cam w/ solid lifters, 180degree  aluminum high -rise , 4spd. close ratio Hurst shifter, heavy duty racing clutch, racing suspension in back with dual "CHERRY BOMB" mufflers providing the cool music!!   LOL    :hysterical2:

My StingRay was probably pushing at least 400 H.P. so I have to say there really wasn't that much out there that my car couldn't handle and when I race, I race to Win!    Nothing on the street scene ever scared me, and I would run with the best of them!   Quarter mile, stop light to stop light, or follow me out on the High-Way were I was in my domain!!   A lot of people don't realize how fast a good running small block gets up in the RPMs so quickly if it's tuned right!!     P.S. Don't get me wrong, I love the "Cobras" and all the cool old Shelby's too!!

I miss the (GOOD OLD DAYS), and had a hell of alot of FUN!!     :)       Later Guy!               "MONGOOSE"        :peelout:

Ah, yes, those Cherry bombs would send mothers running out to the front yard to grab their kids when that santanic noise on wheels came by.  I put them on my nice new 67 Cougar XR7 as I wanted dual exhaust and that is all that would fit.  Trouble is, they would corrode and rust withing a couple of years back then and blow the glass shreds right out.

BTW, I am the fourth owner (since 1982) of my 66 GT350.  First owner was an Airforce owner who bought it from the Ford delaer in Colorado.  He liked to do night oulaw drags in his 63 327 Corvette (probably 350 hp) and was doing well until these white Mustangs with blue stripes started blowing him off the road.  So he traded his 'Vette (I affectionately call them "Tupperware" Chevys, but only to the local Corvette Club members) for a nice, new sapphire blue with white stripes GT350, which I now still own (but added a period correct option, a 66 Paxton supercharger).

Back to topic. love your Hot Wheels collection.  I have only HW early Mustangs, Shelbys and Cobras.

Edited by 66GT350PS
  • Thanks 1

66GT350PS....... That’s a cool story about your 350. Back in 1980 I bought a 66GT350 for $10K. It was kind of a show/driver . I had that car for like 12 years and sold it for a 66 Corvette 327/350 coupe 4 speed side pipe car. The vette was a concourse matching #s type car. I’d give anything to have them both back today. Love those small block corvettes . Love those 289 fastback 350’s more. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Mongoose good old days........

Back in Detroit in highschool we did exactly what the American Graffiti movie portrayed. Cruising and racing but I didn’t have the fastest car on the street. Those Mopars , SS396 and GTO’s were the hot set up. Once in awhile someone showered up in a 427/435 vette and here we go. We would all go out to the new intestate being built to determine the winner. Those guys had a serious system figured out to avoid the cops. It was fun to watch but my 65 442 was no match for them. Heck I talked my mother into buying that car because I was in college at the time. Two years later in 1968 I transferred to another college and the cruising days came to an end. Those were the best days of my life chasing girls and driving through the drive ins.  From Woodward to the big boys on telegraph rd and back to the A&W in Plymouth Michigan. Fun fun fun until daddy took the 442 away..lol.

I do remember seeing a 66 350 for the first time in Plymouth mich ....a rich older guy owned it. He never did the cruising scene but till this day I can picture it sitting in the guys garage next to his large home. Plymouth was more a upscale area and had a few corvettes and jags running around. The girls were pretty cool Also. 

Ps I love these old stories fellas  

Later slo lane. .:shift:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose good old days........

Back in Detroit in highschool we did exactly what the American Graffiti movie portrayed. Cruising and racing but I didn’t have the fastest car on the street. Those Mopars , SS396 and GTO’s were the hot set up. Once in awhile someone showered up in a 427/435 vette and here we go. We would all go out to the new intestate being built to determine the winner. Those guys had a serious system figured out to avoid the cops. It was fun to watch but my 65 442 was no match for them. Heck I talked my mother into buying that car because I was in college at the time. Two years later in 1968 I transferred to another college and the cruising days came to an end. Those were the best days of my life chasing girls and driving through the drive ins.  From Woodward to the big boys on telegraph rd and back to the A&W in Plymouth Michigan. Fun fun fun until daddy took the 442 away..lol.

I do remember seeing a 66 350 for the first time in Plymouth mich ....a rich older guy owned it. He never did the cruising scene but till this day I can picture it sitting in the guys garage next to his large home. Plymouth was more a upscale area and had a few corvettes and jags running around. The girls were pretty cool Also. 

Ps I love these old stories fellas  

Later slo lane. .:shift:

Hey SLO LANE,  yes those were the good old days!   Racing, Drinking the bars dry, partying, and raising Hell!! Oh, and yes hanging out at the local Big Boys and cruising with my crew or my lady!   :thumbsup:             Later Bud!            "GOOSE"     :peelout:

21 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

Ah, yes, those Cherry bombs would send mothers running out to the front yard to grab their kids when that santanic noise on wheels came by.  I put them on my nice new 67 Cougar XR7 as I wanted dual exhaust and that is all that would fit.  Trouble is, they would corrode and rust withing a couple of years back then and blow the glass shreds right out.

BTW, I am the fourth owner (since 1982) of my 66 GT350.  First owner was an Airforce owner who bought it from the Ford delaer in Colorado.  He liked to do night oulaw drags in his 63 327 Corvette (probably 350 hp) and was doing well until these white Mustangs with blue stripes started blowing him off the road.  So he traded his 'Vette (I affectionately call them "Tupperware" Chevys, but only to the local Corvette Club members) for a nice, new sapphire blue with white stripes GT350, which I now still own (but added a period correct option, a 66 Paxton supercharger).

Back to topic. love your Hot Wheels collection.  I have only HW early Mustangs, Shelbys and Cobras.

21 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

The cherry bombs that I had on my 64 StingRay lasted as long as I had the car, and I owned it for over 4 years!    I was single and living at home and my MOM really hated those Cherry Bombs when I came home at night!  I would shut the car down and coast into the driveway to keep her happy!   :)   My mufflers probably lasted longer because they were always blown clean! LOL     My StingRay is a ex Fuel-injected car, but I do have a fuel injection unit for it , but right now I prefer to run my Holley!  I collect diecast Mustangs,Cobras, GT-40s, Shelby Cobra Daytonas, lots of Vettes, tons of Hot Wheels, and lots of other stuff auto related.   I even happen to have a full size Cobra Wall Hanger with the headlights!  Check-out past posts on the diecast site!       And, yes Corvettes were called "Tupperware" at times, and I don't take offense to that!     Later Guy!                 "MONGOOSE"      :peelout:

Hey Guys,  Here's three more pics of my Shelby Collectables Diecast 2008 Vista Blue Shelby GT coupe!   I was lucky enough to have a good buddy find it and sell it to me because I didn't have one, and there hard to find these days!       Later Guys!        "GOOSE"       :peelout:

IMG_0851__1551559535_82047.jpg

IMG_0856__1551559354_50735.jpg

IMG_0852__1551559424_96159.jpg