SFcobra65

Die-Cast collections

6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Mongoose sold this beautiful C7 resin model on Ebay today. Didn’t have room anymore. No opening doors ,hood or trunk. But great detail by BBR collection. They make a lot of different models. Not cheap however. 

07EC62F3-A8FB-4B7B-80F1-36265AB8C7AF.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane,  “SOLD” for (Mucho Dinero) to France!    Needed the room!   Okay, I’ll buy that for now! LOL :hysterical2:     $$$$$            Remember you can’t kid a kidder!      :)

More power to ya!!             “Another one “Bites the Dust”!      I like that song, it has a nice ring to it!    :salute:          Later Bud!        “GOOSE”     :peelout:

Heck Mongoose I just sold 8 pressed steel old toys recently.. Some on ebay and some direct. Need the room and some were very large like these two. The green Buddy L 1950 was 23” long and heavy steel like the autos back then. Those two went for $725 and no Ebay fees thank goodness  😅 They were both restored by me  

3C048A42-21EE-4FD6-ADEC-B3F952342892.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Heck Mongoose I just sold 8 pressed steel old toys recently.. Some on ebay and some direct. Need the room and some were very large like these two. The green Buddy L 1950 was 23” long and heavy steel like the autos back then. Those two went for $725 and no Ebay fees thank goodness  😅 They were both restored by me  

3C048A42-21EE-4FD6-ADEC-B3F952342892.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane, super job on the resto!   I guess you really know your stuff on those old collectables, more power to ya!   I saw some of these old toys at the last swap meet, but I don’t really know their prices, and their usually beat up pretty good!  I learned quite a while back to stay out of buying something collectable and make money on if you don’t know much about it!!   :thumbsup:        Later Bud!                  “GOOSE”     :peelout:      P.S.  Hey buddy, I don’t know if your interested in that !/10th Exoto GT that’s from New Zealand, but it is signed on the bottom by the late Phil Amon and he can prove the signature on it!   I figured that I would mention it just in case you might be interested in it!!     :salute:

Thanks Mongoose but I’m done adding exoto diecast for now. They are really finely detailed but I’ve got my fill for now.

Collecting old Tonka’s , buddy L and Smith Miller toys from the 40’and 50’s has been fun learning about their history and all. It does take some time to learn about these toys and their unique historical significance. Knowledge is very important when buying and selling each brand. It does require guilde books and lots of reading to understand the market. But it’s like anything else you get hooked on knowledge and hooked on finding that special near mint original piece. There are a lot of people who enjoy this hobby and it does pay for itself in many ways. First is the history you learn about the 50’s and how these toys were made and marketed to families back then. Each toy has a story and history that makes it special in so many ways. I’ve enjoyed it immensely over the past 20 years. Then its cool  meeting other people in this hobby and buying and selling . 

The standard oil truck is from 1934 made of heavy steel. 26” long it’s a ride on toy. It’s restored and the others are original near mint condition even some with the boxes. Circa mostly 1930’s and 1940’s last one 1965

We even did a Christmas card years ago using the buddy L standard oil ride on truck with Will . That’s how big they used to make these toys in1934. Expensive also back then like $18 

52F8FBC6-CF71-4903-943A-C2A07D879464.jpeg

36DFA224-8F02-4360-BA0A-C402BB6593D0.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Thanks Mongoose but I’m done adding exoto diecast for now. They are really finely detailed but I’ve got my fill for now.

Collecting old Tonka’s , buddy L and Smith Miller toys from the 40’and 50’s has been fun learning about their history and all. It does take some time to learn about these toys and their unique historical significance. Knowledge is very important when buying and selling each brand. It does require guilde books and lots of reading to understand the market. But it’s like anything else you get hooked on knowledge and hooked on finding that special near mint original piece. There are a lot of people who enjoy this hobby and it does pay for itself in many ways. First is the history you learn about the 50’s and how these toys were made and marketed to families back then. Each toy has a story and history that makes it special in so many ways. I’ve enjoyed it immensely over the past 20 years. Then its cool  meeting other people in this hobby and buying and selling . 

The standard oil truck is from 1934 made of heavy steel. 26” long it’s a ride on toy. It’s restored and the others are original near mint condition even some with the boxes. Circa mostly 1930’s and 1940’s last one 1965

We even did a Christmas card years ago using the buddy L standard oil ride on truck with Will . That’s how big they used to make these toys in1934. Expensive also back then like $18 

52F8FBC6-CF71-4903-943A-C2A07D879464.jpeg

36DFA224-8F02-4360-BA0A-C402BB6593D0.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane,   that’s a very cute pic of Will by all the cool old trucks!   I really like the old ( well made steel trucks) of the past!   They were quality made and very durable and they could take a beating!   Your old Standard Truck on the top is one of my favorites!    I always glance at the old toys when going through a swap meet, and I’m usually surprised by the price their asking for them when there all banged up!   I really like the design of the cool old car haulers and their trailers.   It sounds like a very fun and profitable hobby when your educated on the history and value of these cool collectables!   The trick of this cool hobby is being educated on the values, which I’m not, so the rule of thumb is buyer beware!!  LOL   :drop:       P.S.  Do you have any of those very cool old “Fire-Trucks”, like the Hook & Ladder and they squirt real water???  :drool:

Later Bud!           “GOOSE”         :peelout:

5 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane,   that’s a very cute pic of Will by all the cool old trucks!   I really like the old ( well made steel trucks) of the past!   They were quality made and very durable and they could take a beating!   Your old Standard Truck on the top is one of my favorites!    I always glance at the old toys when going through a swap meet, and I’m usually surprised by the price their asking for them when there all banged up!   I really like the design of the cool old car haulers and their trailers.   It sounds like a very fun and profitable hobby when your educated on the history and value of these cool collectables!   The trick of this cool hobby is being educated on the values, which I’m not, so the rule of thumb is buyer beware!!  LOL   :drop:       P.S.  Do you have any of those very cool old “Fire-Trucks”, like the Hook & Ladder and they squirt real water???  :drool:

Later Bud!           “GOOSE”         :peelout:

Mongoose....I did have a 1957 Tonka Ford pumper which would attach to a garden hose and spray water.  That was one of my first collector trucks years ago. The large hook and latter fire trucks I haven’t  collected in the past I guess because of the space they take up. There is a whole collection of fire trucks that require a lot of research in order to make wise decisions so you can enjoy their past. It’s been a lot of fun and the magic word is condition,condition,condition and a box will add as much as 40% to a toys value. Mostly trucks from 1965 and older are collectible. Pressed steel is the main material and not plastic from the 70’s or 80’s. 

That 1958 Tonka sportsman ( truck only ) in the picture with Will I got for Christmas in 1958. It’s a treasure to me because my dad got me that set. I’m still looking for the complete set ( boat, motor and trailer )  mint in a box someday. Been looking for over 15 years. It will show up at the right price.  I’ve missed out on a few on Ebay because of being out bid $650 .I will Keep on trucking and someday it will happen. See how much fun this can be. 

The original Tonka sportsman my dad gave me  I restored when I was 18 and gave to a neighbors child to enjoy many years ago. The one I have now has been restored and it’s only  the truck. Got that for like $75 

970A1CE3-6810-477B-AFB8-89CB05CD70AD.jpeg

B3DA46DE-8AB0-4869-A58E-B1A2069E8ABC.jpeg

6DED35DD-F5CD-4664-8853-0AF626927EAA.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose....I did have a 1957 Tonka Ford pumper which would attach to a garden hose and spray water.  That was one of my first collector trucks years ago. The large hook and latter fire trucks I haven’t  collected in the past I guess because of the space they take up. There is a whole collection of fire trucks that require a lot of research in order to make wise decisions so you can enjoy their past. It’s been a lot of fun and the magic word is condition,condition,condition and a box will add as much as 40% to a toys value. Mostly trucks from 1965 and older are collectible. Pressed steel is the main material and not plastic from the 70’s or 80’s. 

That 1958 Tonka sportsman ( truck only ) in the picture with Will I got for Christmas in 1958. It’s a treasure to me because my dad got me that set. I’m still looking for the complete set ( boat, motor and trailer )  mint in a box someday. Been looking for over 15 years. It will show up at the right price.  I’ve missed out on a few on Ebay because of being out bid $650 .I will Keep on trucking and someday it will happen. See how much fun this can be. 

The original Tonka sportsman my dad gave me  I restored when I was 18 and gave to a neighbors child to enjoy many years ago. The one I have now has been restored and it’s only  the truck. Got that for like $75 

970A1CE3-6810-477B-AFB8-89CB05CD70AD.jpeg

B3DA46DE-8AB0-4869-A58E-B1A2069E8ABC.jpeg

6DED35DD-F5CD-4664-8853-0AF626927EAA.jpeg

“COOL TRUCKS”! :thumbsup:      Hey Mike, cool story about your truck from your Dad!    Tonka trucks are always cool to have and I really like the flowing design of some of those older trucks and their trailers.   It was a pretty cool gesture on your part to give the neighbor’s child your truck!  :)  Collecting all those cool old trucks sounds like alot of fun and research!     Wish you the best in finding the right buy on your ;(Boat, Motor,and Trailer) to fully complete your set!   :banvictory:    I still really like those cool old Fire trucks and hook and ladder, they are large, but very cool too!    Always wanted one as a kid, but it didn’t quite happen, but I got other cool stuff instead!  Later Bud!       “GOOSE”     :peelout:

Mongoose can you believe this the C7 I shipped to France was damaged in shipping . Filling a insurance claim for the buyer. He paid an extra $100 for customs and all. Felt so bad since it was such a nice model. 

Edit.....Ebay just informed me they refunded the buyer and they won’t require me to do anything . I did have it insured and used their Global shipping system. Still I don’t know how it got cracked and certain pieces falling off. I used the factory packing that was used to ship it to me. Not going to ship over seas anymore  

6B79F3F8-6AF3-41D0-BCA1-8A83EC185A16.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose can you believe this the C7 I shipped to France was damaged in shipping . Filling a insurance claim for the buyer. He paid an extra $100 for customs and all. Felt so bad since it was such a nice model. 

Edit.....Ebay just informed me they refunded the buyer and they won’t require me to do anything . I did have it insured and used their Global shipping system. Still I don’t know how it got cracked and certain pieces falling off. I used the factory packing that was used to ship it to me. Not going to ship over seas anymore  

6B79F3F8-6AF3-41D0-BCA1-8A83EC185A16.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane, sorry about you and your buyer having that bad experience with the car!    At least you had it insured good!     I can understand you feeling bad for the buyer!  :thumbsup:       Well, your still $100. dollars ahead of the game!       Just curious, who gets the broken car????    Years ago I worked part-time for U.P.S. and you might be surprised by how some fragile things are handled!!  LOL     :hysterical2:        P.S.  Congrats on snagging one of those very limited Shelby GT   S/C Proto-type!!    :drool:   Later bud!    “GOOSE” :peelout:

He gets to keep the car. I got my $200 that I sold it for. He said he got a total refund and is pleased. So it’s a win win situation. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

He gets to keep the car. I got my $200 that I sold it for. He said he got a total refund and is pleased. So it’s a win win situation. 

Hey Slo Lane, I guess your right, it’s a win win situation for both of you!!!    :banvictory:          Later Bud!       “GOOSE”  :peelout:

Edited by Mongoose
change text

Mongoose....Looks like the C8 thread was closed 

So here is a picture of our future purchase. We are gone for the next 2 weeks so I guess the post office can enjoy it . Do me a favor when you get yours post a few pictures and give me your input on the quality. Thanks 

later .:shift:  I got your back  

A6895F06-3E1C-41A0-9024-4A2887C07F09.jpeg

50DC2195-59BC-425B-96AE-AC1DAAD0376D.jpeg

4E18CF33-E822-422E-A6FE-DC23D7818544.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Hey Slo Lane,   enjoy your vacation and don’t worry about us guys, well still be here when you get back!    Yes, I definitely will check out that cool Shelby when it gets her for ya and I’ll let you know what I think about it!!    

So,now I want you and Bonnie and Bailey to go have some fun, and relax and enjoy the scenery  along the way!!!!  :salute:        Talk to ya later Bud!!          “GOOSE”   :peelout:

Mongoose. The C8 site is back up. Still no word on the Shelby Diecast we both bought. Looking forward to getting the model soon. Get back in town next weekend. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose. The C8 site is back up. Still no word on the Shelby Diecast we both bought. Looking forward to getting the model soon. Get back in town next weekend. 

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Slo Lane,   “COOL” !!     Thanks again!!!       I’m looking forward to the Shelby diecast too!    Okay, now lets “Rock”!!    Game on!!!    :banvictory:      Later bud!     “GOOSE”     :peelout:

Hey Slo Lane, guess what I received today???   :banvictory:   Yes, your right, but you’ll have to wait till later tomorrow because it’s to late to set them up tonight, and I have a appointment tomorrow!    I will have some pics on later tomorrow!     I looked over the Shelby GT350 photo-type pretty good, and to me the quality of everything including the paint looked pretty nice!   It comes with a nice small informational pamphlet, and also a picture type style post card that’s signed by Chuck Cantrell and the head of ACME too!     There were 96 built, and my car has the No.0020 plate, it’s located on the D.S. inside the truck, and behind the left tail-lamp!  Very “COOL” model!!!     J.M.O.

Later Bud!               “GOOSE”       :peelout:

Cool and yes I’m looking forward to getting it. Pictures when you can. 

Here ya go Slo Lane, you asked for them, and now you can enjoy them!!!  :banvictory:       I don’t think my pics did the car justice, and I also did them at night!!    J.M.O.   P.S. I’m missing the engine shot I took at night and used a flash-light to try and light the engine bay up more, so enjoy these pics while I try to see what happened to that one!! :drop:

Later Bud!!         “GOOSE”   :peelout: 

IMG_1149__1558493352_73167.jpg

IMG_1148__1558493291_82179.jpg

IMG_1147__1558493215_38827.jpg

IMG_1146__1558493155_22691.jpg

IMG_1145__1558492781_10199.jpg

IMG_1144__1558492841_36835.jpg

IMG_1143__1558492912_72350.jpg

IMG_1142__1558492968_54764.jpg

IMG_1140__1558493040_82180.jpg

IMG_1139__1558493101_65166.jpg

IMG_1141_2__1558495538_91481.jpg

Edited by Mongoose
add picture

Hey Slo Lane, as you can see I found the pic of the engine compartment and added it, and as you look at it you can see the light from my flashlight I used!!!  LOL    :hysterical2:   If you look hard in the trunk pic, on the left side, you should be able to just make out the serial No.# 0020 on that little plaque!!   :thumbsup:    “ENJOY” the pics!!

Later bud!                         “GOOSE”     :peelout:

Mongoose I want to thank you for the heads up on this model.......:rockon:

I just got in under the wire when I ordered it that morning because they sold out that same morning. She looks real good and I especially like the white over spay on the undercarriage. That’s a nice touch and a kick in the pants IMO. Number 20 is cool and I’m curious what number I got. They still haven’t mailed it but I’m not home anyways. After looking at your pictures I’m glad I ordered one and look forward to putting her next to the two exoto GT 40’s. 

You da man Mongoose and again thanks for the help on this model. Please send $164 ASAP  .....:hysterical2:

Later slo lane .:shift:

C516353B-1F8B-42A0-840F-0817D1403288.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

Hey Slo Lane,no need to say thanks for the heads up, that’s what buddies are for!!  :thumbsup:  I’m very happy with my No.#20 model out of 96 made and I feel lucky to have it!  I’m glad you were able to get one too!    Let me know when you get yours, and what No.# you get!    When I saw the bottom of the car, I thought pretty cool that there trying to duplicate the undercarriage looking like it just came out of the factory with White overspray on top of Red Oxide primer!   At first glance when my wife saw the bottom of  the car with the White overspray she thought they should of cleaned that up!   I told her no, that’s the original factory look, and not the over-restored look of cars you see today!

P.S.  I was lucky when I saw the original post on these rare, unique, special Shelby 350GTs for sale with only 96 being offered, because they were already for sale for about 4 hours before I saw them and put in my order!    I knew something like this wouldn’t last long, and I wasn’t even sure that I would get one in time!!    So, yes you are very lucky to get one too, and no “Thanks” is needed!!!        So,please send the $164 as soon as possible!!!  LOL    :hysterical2:        Later Riley!                 “GOOSE”    :peelout:

Ok since the Indy 500 is running today. Here is the Exoto Grand Prix Lotus Ford car that Mario Andretti drove . 

D7508A32-FCB5-4AEF-9C6D-6E002AEA5F31.jpeg

6F125D23-1733-42CD-8E58-81C05C57EB2E.jpeg

777163AC-59FD-42E8-8966-195578213DDC.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

Enjoyed the tributes to Mario, the presentation of the miniature B-W trophy replica he received was pretty cool. That is a very nice Exoto piece.

Finally got to shoot a few shots of my GT350S...

65gt350s-1x.JPG

65gt350s-2x.JPG

65gt350s-3x.JPG

65gt350s-4x.JPG

65gt350s-5x.JPG

65gt350s-6x.JPG

• Like 1

Decided to add a 70 Mach 1 to the collection since I really love the white stripe cars.

70mach1-1x.JPG

70mach1-2x.JPG

70mach1-3x.JPG

70mach1-4x.JPG

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Ok since the Indy 500 is running today. Here is the Exoto Grand Prix Lotus Ford car that Mario Andretti drove . 

D7508A32-FCB5-4AEF-9C6D-6E002AEA5F31.jpeg

6F125D23-1733-42CD-8E58-81C05C57EB2E.jpeg

777163AC-59FD-42E8-8966-195578213DDC.jpeg

Thanks for the pics!     I like the Exoto Lotus Ford with Mario in it, I don’t have any of those!    Mario could drive the wheels off of any thing with a motor!   J.M.O.   

Later bud!                 “GOOSE”           :peelout:

5 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

Enjoyed the tributes to Mario, the presentation of the miniature B-W trophy replica he received was pretty cool. That is a very nice Exoto piece.

Finally got to shoot a few shots of my GT350S...

65gt350s-1x.JPG

65gt350s-2x.JPG

65gt350s-3x.JPG

65gt350s-4x.JPG

65gt350s-5x.JPG

65gt350s-6x.JPG

Hey Falcon, congrats you snagged one too!    “Nice”!      That Shelby GT 350s with only 96 made, was pretty much a no-brainer to buy if you acted quick enough to get one!:thumbsup:   J.M.O.                                                   Later!             “GOOSE”     :peelout:

5 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

Decided to add a 70 Mach 1 to the collection since I really love the white stripe cars.

70mach1-1x.JPG

70mach1-2x.JPG

70mach1-3x.JPG

70mach1-4x.JPG

Hey Falcon,  I too love Black cars, especially 69 and 70 Mach 1s with the Ram air R code cars!    In the past I’ve owned both 69 and 70 with the factory R code Ram-Air Shaker   Hood, stock set-up!     Again, curiosity is getting the best of me, so I’m wondering being your model has a “White” painted Shaker, which I have never seen before, it must of been a (Custom Paint Job) done on it!!!    Just wondering what you think on it, because I know in the past you really like the accuracy in things!   It’s a very Sharpe model, especially in Black!      J.M.O.          Also, who’s the maker of this model, and what scale is it done in?             Later!               “GOOSE”      :peelout:

It's a 1:24 M2 that Ford has for sale on its' site (on sale right now for about $30). There were around 1,400 white stripe Mach 1s built in '70 and and even fewer white shaker cars. I've seen them in blue, black, Ivy green, and Calypso Coral. For it to be correct it should actually have a white Mach 1 stripe on the rear part of the deck lid ( and no Magnums).

14026548595_7632cb4809_z.jpg70mach1 by John

14003434536_eecd869931_z.jpg70mach1rear by John

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/mump-0611-1970-ford-mustang-mach-1

I was very happy to add 5S0425 to my collection, but I wish they had gotten some of the details more correct, namely the airbox and the unique fender mounted side mirrors. When it came available it suddely hit me that I didn't have a '65 (or '66) GT-350 my collection, so I figures this would be a good time to correct that.

Edited by falcongtho3
  • Thanks 1

Very cool you snagged a Shelby GT350 S Looks like # 51. That makes 3 of us on this site. I have #4 thanks to Mongoose. He made me aware of this model just in time to snag one . Good buddies helping out TS car nuts.

Love those 70 black mach 1’s. I had a one except it had black stripes from the factory according to the Marti report. I only wished it had the shaker hood scoop. The neat thing was it was sold originally In Roswell GA. We lived there for over 37 years . It was a M car which meant it had the Cleveland 4 bbl engine. The restoration shop put on those oversized tires and magnums. Other then that is was all stock and restored according to the Marti report  

The two mach1’s diecast are 1:32 scale and were bought as a set . Red , white , blue and black. My grandkids took the red and white home several years ago. The details are not very good but were not much money either  

3DE7A976-88F5-42C2-A20A-5FED1D10D006.jpeg

963BFA98-B8C2-45C9-BCAB-FE40AD1FE75D.jpeg

94413BFF-37F1-42E1-A455-50A8134D10E7.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

I remember grabbing those 1:32s at the local Cracker Barrel. What a sweet find!

Most '70 Mach 1s were obviously black stripe cars and when the SN95 Mach 1s came out in '02 as '03s there were many hoping that the black Mach 1s would sport white stripes, but obviously didn't happen. One thing that did happen is that a number of '03/04 Mach 1s made it out the door with no stripes since the lack of contrast didn't catch the attention of the inspectors. It was't the only issue that slipped past them, but it was one of the most common.

This is my phones screen saver...

70mach1-whiteshakerx.JPG