SFcobra65

Die-Cast collections

17 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Actually the Shelby collectibles series for the money is very nice. Car # 2 yellow 1:18 is a Exoto model ( $650) and car #1 red 1:18 is the Shelby collectibles model ( $65). From the outside they look pretty close detail wise. The big difference is the Exoto is more desirable by collectors. That same red  #1 Exoto can run over ( $1200) on Ebay. 

08C872E9-2267-494A-8019-A7E21A3FF7A1.jpeg

Yes, your definitely right-on with saying the Exoto diecast models are some of the very best in their Quality models and superb details...   I must say it would be very hard to beat that cool 1/10th scale Exoto #2 Ford GT-40, that’s a keeper for sure!  :drool:

Well these 3 diecasts aren’t Exotos or Shelby Collectables, they’re “American Muscle” brand, but they still display nice.  Two Shelby convertibles and one Ferrari on the bottom.

Later guys!                            Mongoose   :peelout:

IMG_1182__1589511697_93397.jpg

On 5/14/2020 at 11:08 PM, Mongoose said:

Well these 3 diecasts aren’t Exotos or Shelby Collectables, they’re “American Muscle” brand, but they still display nice.  Two Shelby convertibles and one Ferrari on the bottom.

Later guys!                            Mongoose   :peelout:

IMG_1182__1589511697_93397.jpg

Back in the 80’s those were the models I collected a lot . Boss302 and Shelbys were plentiful. 

This 1:18 scale by ERTL mustang Boss 302 was very popular back in the 80’s. The diecast has held up pretty good all these years.  No rash in the paint. It’s been played with a lot by the grandkids. Had a few of the real deals over the years. Today they would be considered slow as hell. But they got the look and the sound. One of my favorite mustangs designs of all time . Just an icon in my book  

Enjoy you All 

6A3D220E-9C6F-4308-89BE-380BF3BB1EF1.jpeg

4D24E1D2-C67C-433E-B558-A90F910A2F79.jpeg

549AB7F4-EAED-49E1-97D5-BA37BDFD94D2.jpeg

2A23FD92-7B51-4574-9427-EE3D5FFCD9B0.jpeg

B174C8FD-4C4F-4247-8BAB-99E3A2DFBE86.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

7 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Back in the 80’s those were the models I collected a lot . Boss302 and Shelbys were plentiful. 

Yes, your right on about that, they were plentiful and cheap to buy and usually had a pretty nice paint job to display well.   Usually they would be American Muscle or Burago brand and there’s others too.

7 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

This 1:18 scale by ERTL mustang Boss 302 was very popular back in the 80’s. The diecast has held up pretty good all these years.  No rash in the paint. It’s been played with a lot by the grandkids. Had a few of the real deals over the years. Today they would be considered slow as hell. But they got the look and the sound.

Enjoy you All 

6A3D220E-9C6F-4308-89BE-380BF3BB1EF1.jpeg

4D24E1D2-C67C-433E-B558-A90F910A2F79.jpeg

549AB7F4-EAED-49E1-97D5-BA37BDFD94D2.jpeg

2A23FD92-7B51-4574-9427-EE3D5FFCD9B0.jpeg

B174C8FD-4C4F-4247-8BAB-99E3A2DFBE86.jpeg

Again, your right on as usual, I totally forgot about the ERTL brand, they also had some very nice diecast models at some very good prices too!   I just so happened to have that cool yellow Boss in the pic and a few other colored Bosses too.   As far as your comment that these Bosses would be now considered slow as hell, maybe might be true, but there also cool as “Hell” too and a very collectable classic and a treasured find by many...    :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Mongoose said:

Again, your right on as usual, I totally forgot about the ERTL brand, they also had some very nice diecast models at some very good prices too!   I just so happened to have that cool yellow Boss in the pic and a few other colored Bosses too.   As far as your comment that these Bosses would be now considered slow as hell, maybe might be true, but there also cool as “Hell” too and a very collectable classic and a treasured find by many...    :thumbsup:

Oh don’t get me wrong they are one of the most beautiful mustangs ever designed to this day. Actually my favorite mustangs of all of them. The sound and the look is just pure art work. If I had the room I would own another one. Had like 5 1970 boos and mach 1 cars in the past. Just like you Mongoose. Love them still a lot. Maybe some day I’ll own number 6. 

28 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Oh don’t get me wrong they are one of the most beautiful mustangs ever designed to this day. Actually my favorite mustangs of all of them. The sound and the look is just pure art work. If I had the room I would own another one. Had like 5 1970 boos and mach 1 cars in the past. Just like you Mongoose. Love them still a lot. Maybe some day I’ll own number 6. 

28 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey mach, I know you love those 69 & 70 Mach1s and Bosses just as much or more than I do, plus you grew up in Detroit, “Motor City”, it’s a must!     :peelout:

Mongoose. ......MO TOWN. Sound.

All the great artist Smokey Robertson . Temptations . Four tops and Mitch Rider and the Detroit Wheels. Just to name a few. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

7 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose. ......MO TOWN. Sound.

All the great artist Smokey Robertson . Temptations . Four tops and Mitch Rider and the Detroit Wheels. Just to name a few. 

Some of the very best for sure, and that sound is very hard to beat......      :worship:

Does it come with the bespoke umbrella(s) and do they open? Does the Spirit of Ecstasy retract as on the real one? These are important thing to know before I drop 36 large on a car for a Mego Captain Kirk figure.

Legends never die and the man was one of the best in my book, just saying... :worship:

IMG_3286__1591419445_55297.jpg

4 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Legends never die and the man was one of the best in my book, just saying... :worship:

IMG_3286__1591419445_55297.jpg

Hey I really like that set. I wish I had the room to display such a cool piece. 

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey I really like that set. I wish I had the room to display such a cool piece. 

Yes, that set is pretty cool and a keeper. And no I don’t really have room, but I had to have it, it’s one of my favorites too..    :thumbsup:

Hey guys, I just happened to come across this really cool Hot Wheels Premium Car Culture Team Transport set, so I justified buying it for a Father’s Day present to myself when my wife asks why I bought it...  :hysterical:If you look very closely, it event has the cool Bubble Hood on it and it’s running the awesome 427 engine back in the day..   This custom ’64 Galaxie 500 was part of Ford’s Drag Team and it was transported on the tough looking Ford C-800.      Hope you enjoy it, later guys!                    :peelout:

IMG_3369__1592713053_60895.jpg

Yeah the tear drop hood was functional and cool back in the 60’s. Nice pick there Mongoose. Happy father’s day to all the fathers out there. :clapping:

I guess you could say this resin C8 model was a father’s gift to myself. Pictures are a bit blurry because I had to resize from my iPad. 

255C311B-7B1F-427A-A417-5B9532E25CCA.jpeg

A76906FC-BD0A-4308-93CB-3781EF4CC2FC.jpeg

E224224A-6054-44D8-8C98-664105B53BFF.jpeg

57050069-E7E7-45EE-B1E1-063E46B564E6.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Yeah the tear drop hood was functional and cool back in the 60’s. Nice pick there Mongoose. Happy father’s day to all the fathers out there. :clapping:

I guess you could say this resin C8 model was a father’s gift to myself. Pictures are a bit blurry because I had to resize from my iPad. 

255C311B-7B1F-427A-A417-5B9532E25CCA.jpeg

A76906FC-BD0A-4308-93CB-3781EF4CC2FC.jpeg

E224224A-6054-44D8-8C98-664105B53BFF.jpeg

57050069-E7E7-45EE-B1E1-063E46B564E6.jpeg

The pictures look pretty good to me, but you see it in person so you know best on the quality of them.   Hey bud, from what I can tell are those Matt black stripes on it and is that a factory option, just wondering?    :shrug:        Pretty cool Father’s day gift to yourself..     :thumbsup:

Not a fan of stripes on corvettes but yes it’s a grey stripe you can order. Stripes belong on Shelby’s in my book. Always have always will. :dance:

7 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Not a fan of stripes on corvettes but yes it’s a grey stripe you can order. Stripes belong on Shelby’s in my book. Always have always will. :dance:

I can dig that!  :thumbsup:

Been a few days since we've had any posts here (it strangely got relocated all the way down at the bottom). Ford Performance posted up this article on fellow member Scott Moen. Check it out...

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/quick-look/2020/06/scott-moen-collection.html

Edited by falcongtho3

3 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

Been a few days since we've had any posts here (it strangely got relocated all the way down at the bottom). Ford Performance posted up this article on fellow member Scott Moen. Check it out...

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/quick-look/2020/06/scott-moen-collection.html

Hey Falcon, thanks for the post on Scott’s “Awesome Collection” again, if I remember right, you posted his huge collection a while back too and it was already “Awesome” at that time. His collection makes most of our’s look like Cracker Jacks for a comparison in size.  His wife must be a lover of Mustangs and a saint too, if you know what I mean!  :thumbsup:

Hey Falcon, I have a heads-up for ya, being you like Mustang diecasts and other stuff.  How about a 1/12th scale resin model of the 2020 Shelby GT500 in Race Red w/ white stripes or Ford Blue w/ White stripes and it’s offered for $299.99.   It’s by GT Spirits with If I remember right 300 copies for the U.S.market and it was listed in my latest California Car Cover Magazine, just in case your interested bud!    :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up. I will look at it. One of the companys that make the larger scale resin had a '68 Bullitt at the MCACN show and it was stunning to see. They also do an '18 Bullitt as well. I've got a couple of their Ford GTs and I haven't been disappointed with them.

20 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

Thanks for the heads up. I will look at it. One of the companys that make the larger scale resin had a '68 Bullitt at the MCACN show and it was stunning to see. They also do an '18 Bullitt as well. I've got a couple of their Ford GTs and I haven't been disappointed with them.

Hey Falcon, your more than welcome bud!  Yes, I’ve heard from mach1 1970 who has some Resin models that they’re pretty cool and well done.  I don’t have any resin models at this time, nor do I really have any room, especially for those very cool 1/12th scale models.  Good luck on your quest to find the model of your dreams, later bud!

P.S.  I do have some pretty cool 1/18th Exoto diecast GT-40s and Daytonas and also some very cool Corvette Grand sports too which are all very highly detailed.

During this crisis I've been building the models of my dreams...more to come!

4 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

During this crisis I've been building the models of my dreams...more to come!

Hey Falcon, I’m looking forward to see what cool creations that you have come up with, sounds like they might be pretty interesting to see.  Post some pics when you can.  :camera:

Will do, in the meantime here are two new Ford transporters from Hot Wheels you might be on the lookout for...

boss hauler.jpg

gt hauler.jpg

11 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

Will do, in the meantime here are two new Ford transporters from Hot Wheels you might be on the lookout for...

boss hauler.jpg

gt hauler.jpg

Both are pretty cool Hot Wheel sets and this is the first time I’m seeing them, nice!

Hey cool set just ordered on Ebay for my grandson. Pool time for Will . Rented a 6 bedroom home on St Simons Island with a pool . Hot hot hot  

9DE1F700-98FB-4B93-90F1-4855F9A8D111.jpeg

30A93C85-3051-4044-B3EA-58193FBDF8F7.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970