supe

FRPP MUSTANG GT EXHAUST KIT M-5230-5GT

Ford Racing Performance Parts has what looks like three exhausts. :read: The M-5230-5GT is for the 4.6L, the M-5230-SVT1 is for the Shelby GT500 and the M-5230-SGT for the Shelby GY500. The M-5230-5GT and the M-5230-SGT look like twins. Will the M-5230-5GT work with the Shelby? :eek5: The M-5230-5GT are about 300 buck less? :shrug:

Help me.... :sos:

Supe

It will fit. It is pretty loud and they do drone. A few members could not stand the drone and switched to the SGT.

Ford Racing Performance Parts has what looks like three exhausts. :read: The M-5230-5GT is for the 4.6L, the M-5230-SVT1 is for the Shelby GT500 and the M-5230-SGT for the Shelby GY500. The M-5230-5GT and the M-5230-SGT look like twins. Will the M-5230-5GT work with the Shelby? :eek5: The M-5230-5GT are about 300 buck less? :shrug:

Help me.... :sos:

Supe

Yep, they fit. I have them. They were originally designed for the Mustang GT (which has no difference from the GT500 as far as the exhaust fitment is concerned). They are 49 state legal. So are the SGTs but those are "updated" and supposedly drone less. I've heard both and they both drone but it's true the 5GTs do moreso. The 5GTs were meant for manual transmission cars and the oval type for autos. Not that it mattered, but that was their marketing plan.

The truth is the 5GTs are Borla Stingers with Ford Racing stamped on the rolled tips. Some people find that you need to tweak the rods for the mounts. Be careful to make certain that they clear the plastic valance or you'll be buying a new one. The tips get hot. Mine fit fine. They cause drone in the cabin around 1,800 rpms with is unfortunately smack dab in your cruising mph.

The fix? Get a set of 3.73 gears when you order your mufflers. Install them at the same time. 3.73s pop your rpms up about 250 or so so it gets you up over 2,000 at cruise.....you'll lose 1mpg....and you'll love what it does to your response.

Blueovalindustries.com has the best price right now.

bj

How are the M-5230-SVT1? They say these are on the KR.

Thanks

Well, I can tell you that unless SAI replaced the ones on Carroll's KR, those mufflers sound really great. His car was being driven in to SAI when I was there a few weeks ago, and the sound caught my attention while the car was still a few hundred yards away driving down Speedway Blvd and coming into the parking lot.

I asked if they changed the mufflers or if they were stock, but no one was sure. I have the 5230's on my car and I love them (no more droan since being SS'ed), but if what I heard was the mufflers you are listing above, then I might just have to change the 5230 over to 5230-SVT1 mufflers.

VNMOUS1 sumed it up about the 5GT. I have 5GT's and when the gears were changed to 3.73 it gets you out of range of the drone. I also installed the dynamat extreme that is on another thread and that reduces the drone as well. This is a very good sounding exhaust.

VNMOUS1 sumed it up about the 5GT. I have 5GT's and when the gears were changed to 3.73 it gets you out of range of the drone. I also installed the dynamat extreme that is on another thread and that reduces the drone as well. This is a very good sounding exhaust.

These are definately the deepest, throatiest (??) and loudest of all manufacturers except SLP Loudmouths (which in my opinion are just loud, period).

It's more the tone than the loudness for the 5GTs. I park in a 5 level garage at work and due to the dynamics of a garage, I set off alarms all the way down to 5 when I arrive....and that's at idle. The tone is just VERY deep.

I don't know of many people who have had these (and had the gears changed) who decided to change them to something else. Most people love them.

bj

So there is no flow issues or anything with the 5GT? Everywhere I look it says the 5GT are designed for the GT and the SGT is the GT500. The 5GT's also appear to be about 200 bucks less.

These are definately the deepest, throatiest (??) and loudest of all manufacturers except SLP Loudmouths (which in my opinion are just loud, period).

It's more the tone than the loudness for the 5GTs. I park in a 5 level garage at work and due to the dynamics of a garage, I set off alarms all the way down to 5 when I arrive....and that's at idle. The tone is just VERY deep.

I don't know of many people who have had these (and had the gears changed) who decided to change them to something else. Most people love them.

bj

I have the same setup as BJ but with Kooks headers.I love to set off car alarms.

I want the sound (drone and all) of the 5GTs but I don't necessarily care for the look of the Ford Racing rolled tips. Should I just buy the Borlas and put my own tip on them? Are 5GTs exactly the same as the Borla Stinger?

I want the sound (drone and all) of the 5GTs but I don't necessarily care for the look of the Ford Racing rolled tips. Should I just buy the Borlas and put my own tip on them? Are 5GTs exactly the same as the Borla Stinger?

Yes they are with the exception of the logo engraved on the exhaust tips.

Is there any way to get the pipes between the Axle-back and the X-pipe to compliment the FRPP mufflers? I don't feel like picking up and having to install a complete Borla kit..

So there is no flow issues or anything with the 5GT? Everywhere I look it says the 5GT are designed for the GT and the SGT is the GT500. The 5GT's also appear to be about 200 bucks less.

Only because the SGT muffler is baffled for the GT500 in order to eleminate the drone, otherwise both the SGT and the 5GT mufflers are identical in size and shape and will fit all model Mustangs. If you buy the mufflers from Borla, they will come with "BORLA" embossed on the tips, and if you buy them from FRPP, they will have "FORD RACING" on the tips.

Is there any way to get the pipes between the Axle-back and the X-pipe to compliment the FRPP mufflers? I don't feel like picking up and having to install a complete Borla kit..

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by complementing the mufflers, but you can just buy the mufflers by themselves if that's what you mean.

It will fit. It is pretty loud and they do drone. A few members could not stand the drone and switched to the SGT.

I've got them and the drone faded after the first 1000 miles.. It's not bad at all. they sound great!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by complementing the mufflers, but you can just buy the mufflers by themselves if that's what you mean.

Basically the rest of the 'catback' piping. I know I've seen crimps on pics of the factory crossover pipe, not sure how the pipes are that go from there over the axle..