txcobra

Those of you that have your 40th...has it worn off?

Yes you did! I had that smile all the way to Texas!

Glad you are loving your car! :) I had a great time with you and your family.. you were all wonderful! :) Enjoy your car and thank you for sharing the story about your license plate!!

S H E L B Y Forever! Even if I don't own one! :happy feet:

-Adrienne

Glad you are loving your car! :) I had a great time with you and your family.. you were all wonderful! :) Enjoy your car and thank you for sharing the story about your license plate!!

S H E L B Y Forever! Even if I don't own one! :happy feet:

-Adrienne

Thanks Adrienne! We really enjoyed spending time with you. My wife is still talking about how sweet you are! You, Cynthia and Doug are all the BEST!! Thanks for making this such a great experience for us.

Thanks Adrienne! We really enjoyed spending time with you. My wife is still talking about how sweet you are! You, Cynthia and Doug are all the BEST!! Thanks for making this such a great experience for us.

The best?

I called Bubbles yesterday, asking when my blue coupe would be actually going into the mod shop, after being checked in on 5/21. I wanted to coordinate the pickup with the drop-off of my vert for the SS, since I just got THE CALL from Doug yesterday. She left me a message today that she doesn't get notified that a car goes into the mod shop, but found out anyway that it went in last week. This really helps me out, such a seemingly little thing.

The best! :grouphug:

The best?

I called Bubbles yesterday, asking when my blue coupe would be actually going into the mod shop, after being checked in on 5/21. I wanted to coordinate the pickup with the drop-off of my vert for the SS, since I just got THE CALL from Doug yesterday. She left me a message today that she doesn't get notified that a car goes into the mod shop, but found out anyway that it went in last week. This really helps me out, such a seemingly little thing.

The best! :grouphug:

That is exactly right! :) Cynthia I know when cars go into the shop (we know what week) but after that its a waiting game for us until they come over and hand me a set of paperwork and keys.. Then.. I call :)

I dial as quickly as my fingers allow....

-Adrienne

Last Saturday we went down to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, my wife told me that while I was over at the tent registering a kid came over and said to his buddy, "Wait, this might be my new background." (Took cell phone picture) "OH YEAH! This definitely my new background!!" and even as we were parking, people were beginning to flock over to see it, almost like kids running after the ice cream truck. To my surprise we were one of about 5 actual Shelby's. There were a few Shelby Cobra's, and few Cobra clones, a red 60's KR, my buddies 65 GT350, and my 07 GT500. We were the only newer GT500, which was another surprise for a show of that size.

I loved my GT500 all original. Its a dream come true. A beautiful piece of work, but when I found out that some one near by had one almost identical, it took some of the excitement away. Esp. when friends would come up and say I just saw one just like yours. But then I got it back from Vegas and was so amazed. It looks almost 10x better. I didn't even think it was possible. I love the new stance, the way the rims match so well, and how it purrs so pretty. I smile every time I see it. And to see how people get just as excited as I do when they see it, is just as amazing. I don't think it would ever wear off.

Edited by GT500_Grad

Whew....what a loooooong drive. Would have been much more fun driving the shelby rather than pulling it. As promised, here are a couple of pics:

IMG_6323Medium.jpg

Various022Medium.jpg

Various025Medium.jpg

Hi

Are those Chrome or Silver wheels ??

Car looks great. I got the Gunmetal Gray and not sure Im happy with them. Wanted Silver but they told me they wouldnt be availble for a while and didnt want to wait.

These are chrome. I too had originally asked for Silver and did not want to wait. I sometimes wish I had silver, but I like the chrome MUCH better than I thought I would.

Post some pics of yours!