SuperSnake08

Garage Queen or Daily Driver

Rain or Shine?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drive your 40th Anniversary GT500 in the rain?

• routinely
    • never
    • occasionally
  2. 2. Is it your daily driver or one of several cars

• daily driver
    • one of two cars I own
    • one of three or more cars I own

Mine is right near 40K miles. I will put another 5K on it in august

Just got home from Mid America Shelby Meet. Put over 1k miles on mine in 6 days. Alot of miles in the rain and it thunder stormed most of Sat and Sun, so it got a bath quite a few times :-)

Rolled over 49k on the way home!

I rolled over 30,000 on my way home from Summit Point and Carlisle. Been in the rain more times than I can count.

Roller over 9000 on the way to Carlisle.

Gets wet (washed) once a year whether it needs it or not then, it's back to it's bubble! Lol.

Sheri,

Looks like you'll be starting a new thread for rolling 50,000 in the near future. Glad your enjoying it!

We just turned 87,000 on our 40th Anniversary..which unfortunately has been driven in everything, including snow when we've commuted to and from the Shelby Vegas Bashes we have attended..All but one, plus been to Pomona CA for the 50th Anniversary Cobra Reunion, Carlisle PA, Hermann MO Shelbyfest every year but one and Tulsa OK Shelby Events. We LOVE our Shelby and will continue to take this to any and all events we can! :happy feet: :happy feet:

We just turned 87,000 on our 40th Anniversary..which unfortunately has been driven in everything, including snow when we've commuted to and from the Shelby Vegas Bashes we have attended..All but one, plus been to Pomona CA for the 50th Anniversary Cobra Reunion, Carlisle PA, Hermann MO Shelbyfest every year but one and Tulsa OK Shelby Events. We LOVE our Shelby and will continue to take this to any and all events we can! happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Art, she looks great at that. Would never know she has that many miles.

We just turned 87,000 on our 40th Anniversary..which unfortunately has been driven in everything, including snow when we've commuted to and from the Shelby Vegas Bashes we have attended..All but one, plus been to Pomona CA for the 50th Anniversary Cobra Reunion, Carlisle PA, Hermann MO Shelbyfest every year but one and Tulsa OK Shelby Events. We LOVE our Shelby and will continue to take this to any and all events we can! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Great!!! Keep on driving it too. I remember reading this post back in 08 and never added. My early 07 GT500 had 74K miles when I sold it to a local customer, I still work on it, and it now has 132K...still runs, and drives like it did on day 1, if not better...miles are not the issue, it is proper maintenance....it is WORSE to let ANY car sit with out proper maintenance!!

Might I recommend a product called Pig Spit? You can buy it online. I have been using it for years on undersides, wheel wells, and engine boxes. I have cars that are 10+ years old, with over 200K miles that look better than most 5K mile cars...amazing...nothing sticks to it, it doesn't attract dirt, and works better than anything else I have ever used.

Alex

Great!!! Keep on driving it too. I remember reading this post back in 08 and never added. My early 07 GT500 had 74K miles when I sold it to a local customer, I still work on it, and it now has 132K...still runs, and drives like it did on day 1, if not better...miles are not the issue, it is proper maintenance....it is WORSE to let ANY car sit with out proper maintenance!!

Might I recommend a product called Pig Spit? You can buy it online. I have been using it for years on undersides, wheel wells, and engine boxes. I have cars that are 10+ years old, with over 200K miles that look better than most 5K mile cars...amazing...nothing sticks to it, it doesn't attract dirt, and works better than anything else I have ever used.

Alex

Thanks for the Reply and advice Alex! I actually have been using this product called "pig Spit" for over 4 years now It makes the Engine cleaner and easier to keep clean also, never used on undercarriage but I will certainly give it a try! I buy this from the Local Harley Dealership...It's $15. per can, I love the fact it doesn't leave a film or residue after it dries also!!

Art, she looks great at that. Would never know she has that many miles.

Thanks Harald! That mean a lot to me coming from someone like yourself!

We sure are looking forwarrd to seeing everyone again at a Team Shelby Event in the future!

Hopefully the 50 years of the Mustang Celebration or something like that!