• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.

+1 - if we had our cars the same it would be kinda boring.

FI - Forced Induction.

I'll post some pics of the rear lights when I get them done.

I'm going to talk to the striping guy this afternoon and see what he can do for me.

Edit: I put the hydraulic hood lifts on, too. They work well and look good (stainless).

Yo, Rufmeister! She's looking awesome!

I see I'll have to update my acronym chart... let's see...

SE = Selenium => Special Edition

4V= 4-barrel/4-venturi => 4-valve

FI = Fuel Injection => Forced Induction

thanks, my friend ;-)

-Dan

PS Rouchcharger... you know you :drool: over it... still working on a good reason for ya for wifey <lol> ;)

Hey now, Dan - good to hear from you again.

I haven't had as much time as I'd like to post here recently.

(I could drive this car all - day - long!)

The Roush blower is going on - period.

I have to save up a few bucks, though, to make it happen.

"And miles to go before I sleep...."

I swear - when I drive it, I feel like I'm back in 1969...this car rocks.

I now understand why they're selling so well. It's a very well thought out package.

And with a little tweaking - (Yes!) - it can take on a much more aggressive posture. :rockon:

Hey now, Dan - good to hear from you again.

I haven't had as much time as I'd like to post here recently.

(I could drive this car all - day - long!)

The Roush blower is going on - period.

I have to save up a few bucks, though, to make it happen.

"And miles to go before I sleep...."

I swear - when I drive it, I feel like I'm back in 1969...this car rocks.

I now understand why they're selling so well. It's a very well thought out package.

And with a little tweaking - (Yes!) - it can take on a much more aggressive posture. :rockon:

I am genuinely so glad you're enjoying her... I was able to drive one a few weeks ago (with CAI, springs and a tune but otherwise stock) and it rocks! With a Roushcharger and your 4.10s it will be awesome!!!

You rock, Bryan! :rockon:

Thanks, Dan - I'm having more fun than I've had in years.

What's really neat is how some of my students (in their early 20's) relate to me and I to them.

We may have a 25 year gap in ages, but when it comes to Mustangs - there is no age gap.

We talk cars between classes.

Some of them have a more extreme approach to their cars (NOS - tunes - etc), but they aren't afraid to compliment my own choices in what I want from my car.

Very interesting stuff.

Thanks, Dan - I'm having more fun than I've had in years.

What's really neat is how some of my students (in their early 20's) relate to me and I to them.

We may have a 25 year gap in ages, but when it comes to Mustangs - there is no age gap.

We talk cars between classes.

Some of them have a more extreme approach to their cars (NOS - tunes - etc), but they aren't afraid to compliment my own choices in what I want from my car.

Very interesting stuff.

Ain't it great? Makes feel young when I talk cars with all the young guys at shows, the drags or whereever! :rockon:

Even better because many young people today scare me!

They have attitudes I can't understand - "Why are you so angry?"

At least some "understand" our passion for cars and engineering.

There may be hope, after all.

Dan - I'm amazed by the depth and breadth of your engineering knowledge. (I lurk on other threads now and then!)

You are a repository of car info.

We're very lucky to have you with us here. :rockon:

I thought I read where you did a sequential turn signal conversion. Shades of T-Birds and Cougars. I gotta know, where did you get it? Pricey?

WebElectrics (forget the URL) -

After you send back the OEM harnesses - about $80.

Plug & Play. Simple install. Very cool results.

You guys rock!

Yeah, it's great talking cars with kids -- some are so much like we were and sometimes I think it's one of the few things we still have in common across the generation (and attitude?) gap. Ruf, I bet you are cool with them, man.

:grouphug:

:party:

All I try to do is listen to them and not judge what they're doing to their cars - but just show support in an unconditional way. I even have some "ricer" students who have spent time talking with me. I don't try and negate their opinions - but rather try and enlighten them. My favorite slogan is "It's not just how fast you go - it's how you go fast."

Then I explain how a car is a complete package - looks - sounds - performance - not just one of those - but a composite.

Regardless, we usually connect. And it's probably a bit of "dad" coming into play.

When one young student told me how he and his dad did a blower swap on his Cobra - it felt so good to hear that.

Then just yesterday, we were outside having a smoke and I told a couple of them about my C6 neighbor and how I wasn't sure if I was ready for him or not. One of them said, "My money's on you, professor O."

What's that worth? :shift:

Amen, Prof O!

Even when consulting (home-building), I find so many adults are so reluctant to expose their core opinions because they're sort of 'afraid' what you'll think of them, so they don't truly open-up until they feel their core needs are genuinely understood and 'accepted.' Can't blame them -- there are so many contractors out there who just want their money. When they see you really care about their needs and beliefs (without judging them), that's when they really open up.

I suspect the kids are similar -- in fact I think we're all just kids ...the same human foibles, just packaged with more and different 'baggage'

;)

10-4 Dan -

Well - the chrome grids for the tail lights and 3rd brake light are on - along with the engine cover. Looking good. Pics to follow. (I bought a roll of black and white - we'll see how they come out)

We're getting very close to completion. I need to start spending more time on my classes and less time on the hot rod!

I took some black & white shots today - with the chrome tail light grids installed.

One of them has wifey's PT Cruiser reflected in the trunk.

post-4913-1159655542_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159655559_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159655587_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159655606_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159655623_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159655642_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159655542_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159655559_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159655587_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159655606_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159655623_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159655642_thumb.jpg

Congratulations Ruf! I can't wait to see the mod's. ENJOY!

+1

I took some black & white shots today - with the chrome tail light grids installed.

The tail grids look great. Very nice car .

The Bassanis and the light grids look great! The trim on the 3rd light looks 'thick' but maybe that's just the contrast. Love those wheels & tires on the black car -- sweeeeet!

:headscratch: Ruff: All these cool photo shots :camera: must have you confused :confused: on which one to use in your Avitar! The Blues Brother shot is bad

That grill is growing on me, Is it the same one that I have been seeing in the photos of the Shelby GT thats comming in Jan. ?

Edited by Rob

Yep - same grille that's on the Hertz Shelby, too.

Those big fog lights were a bit too much for me.

I wasn't think Blues Bros, but maybe I'll try to find a hat and shoot it again! :hysterical:

:poke: Ruff: You have exceeded your Avitar settings. No more than 3 changes a week are allowed. You are the maximizing the CPU and causing the site to shutdown. :hysterical2:

Okay - the side stripes are on! Thanks to "Slick" at Hudson Signs in Washington NC.

He's quite an artist. The pics don't do his work justice. He used a gun metal metallic stripe - it looks like it's painted on. He really nailed it. Thanks, Slick.

He also put RUFSTANG in black letters over the metallic stripe on both front fenders and under the rear license plate.

My Ford store Still Has the '07 GT with cloth seats on the ground - so I took a shot alongside.

Hood props look very OEM.

I'm taking the Rufstang to a local car show in a couple of weeks. We'll see the reaction then from the local hot rod guys. :rockon:

post-4913-1159915804_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159915820_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159915835_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159915850_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159915869_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159915890_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159915804_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159915820_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159915835_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159915850_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159915869_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1159915890_thumb.jpg

Very, very nice. :bandance: You just never stop. It will be fun to show it off at the car show. How much for parts and install on the hood props ? Those are a must have.

Props were about $120 - they have them in black for about $80 - but I thought the stainless would look good with the black engine compartment/hood.

Props were about $120 - they have them in black for about $80 - but I thought the stainless would look good with the black engine compartment/hood.

Bryan, that's really looking slick, my friend! Very nice... neat.

I think you could package your RUFSTANG mods...

(to the melody of Wild Thing...;-)

RUFSTANG

You makemy heart sang

You make everything ...groovy

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon RUFSTANG

RUFSTANG, I think you move me...

Thanks, Dan -

I feel like a Steeda or Roush - but did it my way.

To me - less is more.

I don't want any unnecessary bodywork or spoilers - unless they're functional.

Wild Thing - great reference. Major League's last 5 minutes is classic. The movie slows down to less than real time. When he hits the mound - slo-mo is used brilliantly - from the heavy hitting Yankee batter to the spin on the ball! Radar - high 90's - and fastballs all the way.

Then when the 3rd baseman walks to the mound and we all expect him to take a shot at Wild Thing - he just says - "Strike this mother :censored: out!"

Yeah, baby!

Classic baseball film. Underdogs. Like my '69 Mets. (Ryan's Express)

Time for the rack.

Hi Ruff: What does the blower entale. Could you school me up a little on it. Just a short and sweet summary. Don't laugh, I am just not street savy on this topic. Thanks, Rob

Hi Ruff: What does the blower entale. Could you school me up a little on it. Just a short and sweet summary. Don't laugh, I am just not street savy on this topic. Thanks, Rob

Hi Rob, I think Ruf's considering the Roushcharger. It's a Rootes type blower (similar to the GT500's) but with realtively low boost (+/- 5 psi) designed to be ideal for an engine that hasn't been specially modded for a blower (i.e. compression hasn't been lowered to accept higher boost) and, as a result, is quite safe in terms of engine durability. The Roush yields about 115HP (up to about 130 depending on exhaust and if a CAI is added).

There's also Lysohlm twin-screw designs and their derivatives that look like a rootes externally, but use a more sopisticated positive-displacement 60-degree screws that, until recent computer CNC designs, were impractical. The Ford GT uses a twin-screw design. One advantage is a twin screw is a bit more efficient, particularly at higher revs.

A third type is the centrifugal blower like the Paxtons used on the 67GT350 and the present SA CS6 kit. They look more like a turbo because they use a vaned impeller like a turbo, but typically driven by a belt instead of an exhaust gas turbine like a turbocharger. The centrifugal it typically a bit cheaper but takes longer to build boost (not unlike a traditional turbo but without the turbo's expansive top-end boost).

The Roushcharger (with full intercooler), which are very complete kits and include replacement pre-tuned EC chip, is about $6K . The stated install time is 8 hours but I've heard that maybe that's if you've done them a couple times before. The kit is extensive and is engineered to 'factory' standards. There are other brands of Rootes and twin screw units that are also popular but the Roush kit is the only one I'm aware of that preserves the Ford basic 3/36 warranty. The Roushcharger is also the only aftermarket s/c I'm aware of that is emissions certified in all 50 states.

Here's a link to some more Roushcharger info, Rob... good luck!