Ruff: Wow. 115 more HP! :rockon: 2 more questions. Is iinstallation about $700. Does your hood need any modifications. It is a chunk of change, but it sure beats the heck out of a ADM!

Yep. Installation is about $600-700 depending on the shop.

Since I've sired my tech's recent newborn, I'll get a break. :rockon:

No hood mods - which suits me fine. I plan on surprising some folks. :rockon:

Edited by RUFDRAFT

Hi Dan -

If you read this, I'd like to ask something of you.

You seem to be the PhotoshopMeister around here.

Would you be able to take one of my pics of the rear end and photoshop it?

My buddy thinks if I did the area between the tail lights (and around the faux gas cap) in the same color as the side stripe (sort of a light bronze metallic), it would look very good.

I'm taking the Rufstang to 2 car shows in the next 3 weeks. We'll see what the reactions are.

Thanks if you can help out.

Bryan :rockon:

Hi Dan -

If you read this, I'd like to ask something of you.

You seem to be the PhotoshopMeister around here.

Would you be able to take one of my pics of the rear end and photoshop it?

My buddy thinks if I did the area between the tail lights (and around the faux gas cap) in the same color as the side stripe (sort of a light bronze metallic), it would look very good.

I'm taking the Rufstang to 2 car shows in the next 3 weeks. We'll see what the reactions are.

Thanks if you can help out.

Bryan :rockon:

Well, tougher than it seems to make it look metalic/reflective (since bronze/metalics don't exist in RGB colorspace) but this is what I was able to do.

post-4902-1160278459_thumb.jpg

:party:

Amazing job, Dan. Good lord!

I've got to stop hanging around with that guy - he's always suggesting things.

Pehaps I'll keep my opinion to myself on how this looks and see if we can get other opinions first.

Thanks, Dan. You are still my Man! :rockon:

I replaced the UNC-W plate frame today with a plain chrome one. Much cleaner.

Edited by RUFDRAFT

Well, tougher than it seems to make it look metalic/reflective (since bronze/metalics don't exist in RGB colorspace) but this is what I was able to do.

:party:

I think you need gold plated trim rings on the taillights, gold plating on the emblem and of course a gold plated license plate frame.

:woohoo:

Uh-oh - sounds like feeding time! :hysterical:

Ok, something to feed on -- the sublime marriage of 'ricer' and 'shelby' -- I'm just kidding now, no need to round up a possy and fire up the Huey :hysterical: Of course, the tail lights are sequential, but can also rotate rainbow colors too -- of course! (whew, where are those psilisybin 'shrooms when you need 'em ;-)

post-4902-1160361571_thumb.jpg

<edit:> I would have made the ricer spoiler about a foot taller but ran out of image space :tease:

:shift:

post-4902-1160361571_thumb.jpg

Edited by 68fastback

The quad exhaust pipes are a little too much, but maybe he needs it with the blower!

The quad exhaust pipes are a little too much, but maybe he needs it with the blower!

:hysterical:

Yeah, I was gonna go for 8 straight across the back... if you hit refresh, I just put back the original GT faux-filler ... actually the lights look like a concept i saw somewhere. ;-)

I should have known better.

1. Dan loves to play with Photochop.

2. The rest of you can bite me - gently.

3. What was I thinking when I asked for an opinion?

4. I like the extra lights and exhaust.

5. My bong just went out.

6. ?

7. I just got "RUFSTANG" for my new tag!

Edited by RUFDRAFT

Dan: I give you permission to change Ruff's Avitar to the new look that you have created. You can do that too , cant you :idea:

No - he can not! :baby:

May be the new GT500KR! A little '67 and '68 blend on the S197?

post-4902-1160369890_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1160369890_thumb.jpg

Edited by 68fastback

I kinda like the 4 pipes - but the tail lights look Huge!

How about this - a 2" stripe on the hood - there's a crease on the hood about 6" from the edge of the hood - it runs from the front to the rear. (I only have this b&w shot of the hood.

post-4913-1160407219_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1160407219_thumb.jpg

Never mind the hood stripe.

New plan.

I'm having a bit of striping put on tomorrow on the rear end. (and maybe on the front clip)

Pics forthcoming...

Agreed.

James Bond would never approve.

I think you'll like what Christine has come up with, though. Just a little more color for the huge rear end.

the gold strip across the back is a little much

How about more true to the '68 by doing that panel and the adjoining thin light surround in "argent" (grey metallic)? Or... just a simple black light-surround and body-color in the middle might look cleaner. Actually, on my 68, I painted the tail light surround and center panel all satin black (can wax it fine but not high-gloss). I always liked the satin black better than the original argent on the '68 (my avatar) -- sorry Carroll. ;-)

Edited by 68fastback

Okay - I had my stripe guru do some more magic today. Nothing bold - just a subtle bit for the rear end. I'll post a pic when I use up the latest roll of film. That's going to do it for striping. Slick is a very cool guy. He did a little extra something special for me, as a freebee. Pic coming. Details make a difference! Thanks, Slick.

Car show on Sat! :bandance:

Okay - I had my stripe guru do some more magic today. Nothing bold - just a subtle bit for the rear end. I'll post a pic when I use up the latest roll of film. That's going to do it for striping. Slick is a very cool guy. He did a little extra something special for me, as a freebee. Pic coming. Details make a difference! Thanks, Slick.

Car show on Sat! :bandance:

Good luck and have fun Saturday -- more pix ;) too!

Update - I had the Rufstang in the shop today to see if George (crew chief) could get the cruise control back online. Apparently, the gear change has upset the HAL9000.

He was unsuccessful - and thinks it might take a call to Dearborn to diagnose the issue.

Also - he took the car out with his $10k Ford laptop and tells me I'm still only getting 25% throttle in 1st gear and about 30% in second. Again - he's stumped.

So - next week, we'll bring her back in and let him do his software thing and see what happens.

Anyone else have any ECU issues with a gear change?

Update - I had the Rufstang in the shop today to see if George (crew chief) could get the cruise control back online. Apparently, the gear change has upset the HAL9000.

He was unsuccessful - and thinks it might take a call to Dearborn to diagnose the issue.

Also - he took the car out with his $10k Ford laptop and tells me I'm still only getting 25% throttle in 1st gear and about 30% in second. Again - he's stumped.

So - next week, we'll bring her back in and let him do his software thing and see what happens.

RUF,

You need either a Predator or SCT tuner. Both of them allow you to program the computer for gear changes. Here are links to both at RPMOUTLET.COM

SCT TUNER

DIABLOSPORT PREDATOR TUNER

For everyone's benefit, I'll repost what I wrote in my thread here (since the party always seems to be here anyway :party: )

I didn't use the drag pack from Ford - it was all custom piece by piece. HOWEVER - interesting you should mention your troubles...I had a customer a little while ago that did the drag pack and our guru was having a heck of a time even getting the car to run at all. He limped it over to his guru and it was discovered that the calibration sent by Ford was for a different year model or something F'd up like that. Ford replaced the calibration and all was well. I think you may have ordered your stuff about the same time we did this customer's so it could be related.

Thanks, Rat - too much technology...

I just want full throttle.

Ruf, I think Rat is saying your dealer might need to re-request the latest calibration to fix it. Ford has a special 800# for the techs to call when they have this sort of problem -- this can't be the only GT with 4.10s... unfortunately it's still frustrating in the meantime.

Hal-to-Bryan: "those revs are coming up too fast, Bryan; I'll have to limit that to make sure the traction control isn't broken -- it's for your own good." <lol>

Bryan-to-Hal: "Gimme full throttle now of I'll rip your figgin' brain out!"

Hal-to-Bryan: "If you do that Bryan, your car will stop and neither of us will be working."

Bryan-to-Hal "Pow, bam, smash #*^)&&% ^%$$ #&*(& <smoke wisp rising from under dash>

Hal-to-Bryan "That wasn't funny, Bryan; I'll remember that."

Bryan-toHal "Yeah, well remember this too: %*(&( $%%*&(* &*&%&*%!!!"

Hoping for happy days for ya soon, Bryan ;)

<edit:> does it make any dif if TC is on or off??? just curious...

Edited by 68fastback

Hey, Dan.

No - the TCS doesn't seem to have any effect.

And - when trying to blip the throttle to downshift - it takes a VERY long time for the revs to come up.

This Will get resolved, I'm sure.

Mark took an awful hit last night - if it had happened 50 feet earlier - he would have hit the solid concrete wall. Lucky guy.