Saw the hit, it looked like it could have been more serious than it was.

I remember changing tire size on my 03 Terminator. I had to get it reflashed, seemed to do the trick. Got to be the TCS is confused. Good luck with it, part throttle sucks. :shrug:

Okay - looks like the SCT tune with Comp Cams and a throttle body and intake from Brenspeed (and the Steeda adj control arm). No blower. Too much $$. I'll have to be happy with almost 400 at the crank. :shift:

Okay - looks like the SCT tune with Comp Cams and a throttle body and intake from Brenspeed (and the Steeda adj control arm). No blower. Too much $$. I'll have to be happy with almost 400 at the crank. :shift:

How much labor is your guy quoting you on that stuff Ruf?

Sounds like a stealth "Boss 4.6" in the making ;)

:rockon: Crew chief George says about 11 hrs ($800) for the whole deal. (he loves the car and I think he's cutting me a lot of slack because I keep him from working on the mundane!) Matter of fact, the service writer told me I just need to show up - no appointment - and he'll "fit" me in! Nice young man.

Whenever I bring the car around to the service bays - within 10 minutes, 4 or 5 techs gather up so we can talk strategy! Very cool. I'm very lucky to have such a great bunch of young guys who really - really - have passion for Mustangs. :rockon:

The dynamic reminds me of when I was in my late teens. One of us would have a job at a "gas station." Then, later at night - we'd all congregate there and talk cars. (one car would always be up on the lift!)

Edit: My crew chief George said he has the Ford tools that will allow him to install the cams without removing the heads! (trickey, though - with the valve train pieces) But - can save a lot of time.

Dave from Brenspeed said today his first install of cams without removing the heads took him about 12 hours - only because he was being very careful not to drop parts! Stay tuned, y'all! :rockon:

I'm going to take the GT out to the Outer Banks on Sat to meet up with Orf and SCGT500 and perhaps a few others. It's about a 2 hour drive from here. My Passport is fully charged! Let's ride, baby!

Edited by RUFDRAFT

:rockon: Crew chief George says about 11 hrs ($800) for the whole deal. (he loves the car and I think he's cutting me a lot of slack because I keep him from working on the mundane!) Matter of fact, the service writer told me I just need to show up - no appointment - and he'll "fit" me in! Nice young man.

Whenever I bring the car around to the service bays - within 10 minutes, 4 or 5 techs gather up so we can talk strategy! Very cool. I'm very lucky to have such a great bunch of young guys who really - really - have passion for Mustangs. :rockon:

The dynamic reminds me of when I was in my late teens. One of us would have a job at a "gas station." Then, later at night - we'd all congregate there and talk cars. (one car would always be up on the lift!)

Edit: My crew chief George said he has the Ford tools that will allow him to install the cams without removing the heads! (trickey, though - with the valve train pieces) But - can save a lot of time.

Dave from Brenspeed said today his first install of cams without removing the heads took him about 12 hours - only because he was being very careful not to drop parts! Stay tuned, y'all! :rockon:

I'm going to take the GT out to the Outer Banks on Sat to meet up with Orf and SCGT500 and perhaps a few others. It's about a 2 hour drive from here. My Passport is fully charged! Let's ride, baby!

Sounds cool, my man!

Have a great weekend.

Passport? I thought you only needed them for goin' to Texas! :hysterical:

I had a very humbling experience today.

I drove Orf's Shelby on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

I teach writing. I do some freelance writing.

Part of my job is to try and use words to have the reader experience what I experience.

Here's my take on driving a Shelby: :rockon: :happy feet: :baby: :bandance:

I had a very humbling experience today.

I drove Orf's Shelby on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

I teach writing. I do some freelance writing.

Part of my job is to try and use words to have the reader experience what I experience.

Ruf Ruf Ruf!

Glad you liked it Ruf!!

(I like your English) ROCK ON!

Derek

<lol> :burnout:

Had to be a blast! I suspect it's a car to be lived with as much as possible <sigh> :cry:

<i'm holding my breath until I can drive one -- I mean it! ;-) >

Dan - why not let us know where you are and maybe we can find a member close to you.

I'll buy 'em dinner if he lets you drive it some!

Your call.

How about it, y'all? I think he's in NY State.

This guy has given so much to the site - let's get him a ride & drive!

Maybe I should post a thread....

Four of us got together at Kitty Hawk yesterday - here's the link:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=3454

Edited by RUFDRAFT

Dan - why not let us know where you are and maybe we can find a member close to you.

I'll buy 'em dinner if he lets you drive it some!

Your call.

How about it, y'all? I think he's in NY State.

This guy has given so much to the site - let's get him a ride & drive!

Maybe I should post a thread....

Four of us got together at Kitty Hawk yesterday - here's the link:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=3454

I'm in the boonies near fabled Woodstock NY ...but that's ok... thanks, Ruf... you're really a good guy to think of that ...there will eventually be someone around this way :cry: ...untill then :drool: ;-)

...not that there wouldn't be folks lining up to trade for a spin in my spiffy '92 Ranger 4.0 5spd :hysterical:

??

All I said was you went to afterburner without warning!

I'll say this - at least you DRIVE the car. Some folks worry about breaking something.

I can still feel that blower! :rockon:

Yeah, Bryan, the little Ranger keeps my 5-spd skills together between '01 Cobra visits <lol> It's fairly cherry for it's age ('92) <lol>

Orf, glad to hear you're enjoyin' her. That's what she's for ;-)

Well, heading for Nevada tomorrow to visit kinder and new grandkinder (she's a cutie!). And NHRA finals next Sunday and a visit to SEMA after that :woohoo:

I will comandeer my daughter's laptop again for sure :rockon:

I like analogies! Baseball gloves are sometimes kept in glass cases.

As we all backed out of your driveway on Sat, I was telling Bill's wife I was eager to see if you would "drive" the car. No sooner had I turned back to face forward - I saw tire smoke and her husband grab on to the windshield!! My next word was "Sh*t" I then proceeded to apply some gas and told Donia to hang on - it's going to be a quick ride to the Sonic Burger joint. :rockon:

Dan - check the other thread. It's so cool that we got you hooked up with svtbird in Stamford!

I can't wait for your reaction to his car.

(back to Rt.12 in Kitty Hawk) So I'm bringing up the rear. Orf's leading. Four lane road. Moderate traffic. Based on earlier experience, I'm watching their movements carefully. Donia would try to get a conversation going - when I'd hear Orf's Corsas announce themselves. Sh*t, there he goes again! I'd hear him before seeing him do his Schumacher impersonation around slow traffic!! He approached one traffic light as the first in line. I told Donia to hold on - and that I hoped he had turned on his radar detection device - or we're all going to be calling for bail money. :hysterical: She kept trying to be polite and engage me in conversation - and I'm trying to pay close attention to him and mastersmech and they slice and dice like we're on the flippin' Autobahn.

Back to class - Ruf - out.

I like analogies! Baseball gloves are sometimes kept in glass cases.

Generally, they are ones that have been used - and show it.

Gee, I love this place! ;-)

Travel tomorrow, I'll check in here Wed...

cheerz,

-Dan

give 'em hell, Orf!

Thanks, Bryan... and SVTbird.. hope we can hook-up...

-later...

Okay - no blower.

Inbound, (from Brenspeed) I've got: Cams (Comp cams Stage III); an SCT Tuner; BBK Throttle Body; A Racer CAI; and Steeda underdrive pulleys. Installed today was a Steeda upper control arm (to align the driveshaft after the lowering springs - and to eliminate wheel hop). (all of the above for about $3500 less than the Roush huffer)

Perhaps 400-425 at the crank.

And - that's all I have to say about that. :rockon:

RUF, you better have your sh!t in one sock and know what foot to put it on. I would love to take the same path you're taking (cams vs. s/c) and I'll be reading every post. Let me repeat that. EVERY post.

Pup OUT!

Have a little eye candy, on ME!

Back_In_Black_007.jpg

Pup - I do LOVE that GO!

(how about a Rufstang black stripe down the flanks?....)

I faced reality. I can't afford $7500 for a Roush installed.

So - we'll do it this way. And that - will be that! I'm not looking to do internals - or expect 600 hp.

From what I've read - these bits and pieces will give me a very stout GT. And a lot of smiles.

Stay "tuned."

C6's? Take Cover!

Pup - I do LOVE that GO!

So - we'll do it this way. And that - will be that! I'm not looking to do internals - or expect 600 hp.

From what I've read - these bits and pieces will give me a very stout GT. And a lot of smiles.

Stay "tuned."

C6's? Take Cover!

That little receipe ought to do it. I don't seem to remember you doing gears which might be something you should consider if the hp peak is brought up higher (with subsequent loss in low end torque). We do require progress reports you know. :cheerleader:

Pup - I do LOVE that GO!

Stay "tuned."

C6's? Take Cover!

:woohoo::shift::party:

Carnut - the 4:10's are in! (sig)

Dan - are you back home again? Or still in Vegas?

I'm like a kid waiting on the parts.

In the '60's - we had very little money.

I was a loser.

That - was - then. This - is - now!

We're gonna earn some r-e-s-p-e-c-t! We'll go on 3, y'all! :cheerleader::rockon::cheerleader:

Shhh....be vewy, vewy quiet...we're hunting Beemers!

And - that's all for mods....well, if the market stays strong...perhaps some 14" Brembos....

Edited by RUFDRAFT

Hey Brian ...yeah, still in NV - won't be back in NY until 11/7 (gotta vote! ;-)

grandaughter is 8 months old -- cute as a button ... and we get to fawn over her and spoil her for two weeks and then go home <lol> what a deal! ;)

<edit:> that's why the time-stamps on my posts are so late;-)

Edited by 68fastback

This thread is useless without PIcs!

Let's see the little lady. :baby:

No can do here -- can't transfer from camera card... but proud grandfather will when he gets home :):):)

:rockon: Don't forget the pics when you get home to Yasgar's Farm, you hear?

I was at the Concert, by the way. I stayed to watch Hendrix. Whew.

Pup - when are you going to tint the glass, bro? :rockon: