Sign in to follow this  
andrewnagle1964

Good bye Ponies hello Snakes

Since it is a Shelby and it is a GT and it has 500 HP (not officially verified yet) is it a Shelby G.T. 500 ?

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I am only waiting on a steering wheel cap to finish the transformation.

Andrew

:waiting: Sure

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

Since it is a Shelby and it is a GT and it has 500 HP (not officially verified yet) is it a Shelby G.T. 500 ?

Andrew[/size]

No :hysterical:

I'm not knocking what you've done. It's your car and I'm a firm believer in doing what you like to your car, but sorry it's not for me. Mix and match snakes and I wouldn't have removed my PBF badges, that is one of the SGT exclusives.

I'm not knocking what you've done. It's your car and I'm a firm believer in doing what you like to your car, but sorry it's not for me. Mix and match snakes and I wouldn't have removed my PBF badges, that is one of the SGT exclusives.

I agree. Its your car and you do what YOU want.

I just like the PBF badges and I like the SHELBY GT!!!

michael morris

No, its a Shelby GT with GT 500 badges. Hey, you asked...

Edited by ilmor

Ok, it is your car and you can do what you want with it, but we all have free speech to....it looks like _ _ _ _.

Ugh!

I would not have done that and for me it does not look right on the car. I found a supercharged emblem that is the same length and about 3/8" wide that goes perfect mounted under the PBF emblem. Looks like factory. I like the PBF emblem. Well all I need now is the damn 08 Whipple kit and I will be set. To each his own but the GT's are not GT500s. :peelout:

I have to agree with others. Yes, it's your car, and I think you have added the items tastefully, but this isn't a GT500 which is more than just a HP difference. This a a great car as a "Shelby GT" the first production Mustang package from Shelby in 40 years. The PBF badges are awesome and ONLY on our cars. I think the car stands well on it's own as a SGT.

I wouldn't want to have people laughing or snickering behind my back that "it's not a real GT500" and they will! Go over to the discussion forum and check out the thread "Send in the Clones" for what people think of a SGT clone and you can pretty much see what they will be thinking of your car.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31712

Having said all this...IT IS YOUR CAR!

But I am reminded of what the Wizard used to say to Yurdle the Turtle when he transported him back from one of his adventures, "Be what you are, not what you are not, those that do this are the happiest lot".

P.S. I know a guy with a SGT clone that would love to buy your PBF badges!

:hysterical:

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

I didn't read "send in the clones" because I could tell from the title it would bother me.

I think that car owners who laugh at other owners cars are jerks. If somebody want's to spend the time and money to make their car look a certain way, that's entirely their business. It's a different story is somebody is SELLING a service that infringes on a copyright - for instance, if I take your GT and make a Shelby GT clone out of it for a profit, that is breaking the law, or selling a kit that makes your car look like a Shelby or Rousche or Saleen, or whatever.

However, if I have GT, and I buy the parts from SAI and Ford (which I can do), and I put them (or even pay to have them put) on my car, that's okay. If I have a GT and buy the parts to make it look like a GT500, that's fine, too. I parked next to a car identical to mine in every way from the outside, except it said, "GT 350" on the side stripe. It also had an automatic. I thought it was totally cool, and I was kicking myself for not having a camera.

I may question the taste of guys who put fart cans on 4-bangers, or spinnie wheels, or gold or chrome plate the crap out of their cars, but it's not my place to laugh at them. I figure they have the same hobby/addiction that I have, namely modding their cars, so we have that common bond.

In this case, it's not questionable taste, it's actually GOOD taste. What's your problem with that?

Go for it, dude....

Last comment and then I will speak no more... (on this subject)

The question was "Since it is a Shelby and it is a GT and it has 500 HP (not officially verified yet) is it a Shelby G.T. 500 ? " and the obvious and correct answer is and was no.

Is it a clone, that depends on the definition one uses the definition of clone ranges from " a complete and modified copy of..." to "...heavily inspired by another."

As many said I did it because it is my car and I wanted to ... know "if you think it is ugly? " was not posed and I could careless what anyone else thinks. I do appreciate the good comments about how she looks and disregard the bad ones. Those who do think it is ugly may want to post pictures of their cars, I wonder do they still sport the original side mirrors? (verses the should have been stock, Agent 47 side mirrors)

Heck one might even say...since the Whipple Supercharger mod was not done at SAI it isn't a Shelby anymore. I have all original parts (excluding the fluids, but including the brake pads) and plan on keeping them forever. The PBF badges do bring a lot on e-bay but since I am secure in my manhood (I mean with my W-2) the extra $300 is worthless. Kyle and Zach at Andy Shaw Ford did a most of the mods and did marvelous job inside and out ( I stayed with easy ones and can thank Roger for his pedal cover instructions)

This has been fun to post and see the comments and believe me I do not take my life nor my car to serious to have anything or anybody bring me down.

Happy modding (or do I mean motoring) and enjoy life.

If you ever make it the beautiful mountains of North Carolina give me a hollar.

Andrew

This is just my opinion and everyone knows what that is worth so take this with a grain of salt.

I don't like the look of the vintage GT 500 emblems on the fenders. The gold background does not match the silver stripes very well. Although the emblem on the grill looks better than I thought it would, I would prefer it did not say 500 but rather just Shelby GT. I am partial to the PBF emblem on the fenders because it proudly proclaims the SGT lineage to the Cobra roadster, along with the Cobra hood scoop. Your SGT hubcaps look great and so does the SGT trunk lock emblem. If you are dead set on using the tiffany Cobra, I would recommend getting the modern versions from Ford or Shelby for the grill, forgoe the fenders but leave and proudly display the PBF emblem on the fenders. In the 2007 Shelby annual magazine, they have a white GT 500 that has been upgraded with Ford Racing components beyond the stock and they actually replaced the tiffany cobras on the fenders and put the Shelby GT PBF emblems on the GT 500. Go figure. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence I suppose.

I have several boxes full of cosmetic parts that I have purchased. My plan is to use the Ford Racing Tiffany Cobra for the trunk lock emblem and the Shelby tiffany cobra center console armrest cover. I then plan on using the SGT S snake hubcaps like yours but they have a red SHELBY logo across the center. To match the hubcaps I plan on using the S cobra headrests and S cobra dead pedal. So I will be mixing the two snake types. In doing this however, I am not for a moment trying to convince anyone that my car is anything but a Shelby GT and not a GT 500. I am just trying to incorporate the 1968 look to go with the convertible light bar. I want to keep the horse on the grill to match the steering wheel for that 66 look coming from the front. Keep in mind though that the vintage mustangs used the tiffany cobra on the outside and the S cobra on the interior as well as the AC Cobra and the Shelby cobra emblem that SAAC uses on their emblem, depending on year, make and model. Mixing snakes and ponies is nothing new and was done 40 years ago on the early Shelby GTs (350/500).

Who knows, I may or may not like the looks of how it turns out. Since the parts are removable you can always change them out if you change your mind.

In the end, it's your car and do what pleases you and don't be concerned with pleasing others.

This is, I think, is the difference. Adding "stuff" for example, look at Adam or Roger's cars, (I Love them, even if they are OCD) is not looking to present the car something it's not and these badges do regardless of the intent.

Again, do what you want, but people are going to respond based upon their personal feelings. Some may have no issues at all, a GT500 owner may think you're a bad poser, an SGT owner may think you're not proud of your car or putting it down (I call it the Baby Shelby Syndrome), in other words you'll never know what reaction you're gonna get.

So no, putting a supercharger on, and a few $25 badges does not make your car a GT500. But adding a SC and going to 500hp made you car a VERY cool SGT.

What it is now I leave to you.

JeffIsHereToo say's: P.S. I know a guy with a SGT clone that would love to buy your PBF badges!

Jeff - I am puzzled. You say what we all said about the car then you try to buy his PBF badges for a guy with a SGT clone!!!!!!!! Jeff your better than that!

Now tell us , who's the guy?

EDITED:

Edited by SWEDEMAN

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........OCD???? :confused::hysterical::hysterical:

Roger - And OCD means?

EDITED:

Edited by SWEDEMAN

JeffIsHereToo say's: P.S. I know a guy with a SGT clone that would love to buy your PBF badges!

Jeff - I am puzzled. You say what we all said about the car then you try to buy his PBF badges for a guy with a SGT clone!!!!!!!! Jeff your better than that!

Now tell us , who's the guy?

EDITED:

Gosh guys! Don't loose your sense of humor! It was a nod about the guy I saw at the car show making an SGT clone but had the wrong fender badges from the other thread I posted. In other words a joke....maybe a bad one....but a joke!

:dance:

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

The Cobra emblem (in all it's forms: AC cobra, tiffany, S cobra) is a symbol of Shelby and Ford and NOT an exclusive symbol of the GT 500. The tiffany cobra comes on the Razor wheel hubcaps too. SGTs with these wheels are not posing as GT 500s.

500/350 labels do not look good (IMO) unless the owner is out to make a tribute/clone/recreation automobile.

Cobra snake emblems of any style are OK in my opinion for the SGT. The car screams Cobra already with the PBF emblems and hood scoop.

thumbs up

02c1d81df635d87791477db7e032c0e7.image.300x296.jpg

thumbs down (edit - on an SGT)

shelbyfauxgaslid.jpg

Edited by 08SGT1977

Last comment and then I will speak no more... (on this subject)

The question was "Since it is a Shelby and it is a GT and it has 500 HP (not officially verified yet) is it a Shelby G.T. 500 ? " and the obvious and correct answer is and was no.

Is it a clone, that depends on the definition one uses the definition of clone ranges from " a complete and modified copy of..." to "...heavily inspired by another."

As many said I did it because it is my car and I wanted to ... know "if you think it is ugly? " was not posed and I could careless what anyone else thinks. I do appreciate the good comments about how she looks and disregard the bad ones. Those who do think it is ugly may want to post pictures of their cars, I wonder do they still sport the original side mirrors? (verses the should have been stock, Agent 47 side mirrors)

Heck one might even say...since the Whipple Supercharger mod was not done at SAI it isn't a Shelby anymore. I have all original parts (excluding the fluids, but including the brake pads) and plan on keeping them forever. The PBF badges do bring a lot on e-bay but since I am secure in my manhood (I mean with my W-2) the extra $300 is worthless. Kyle and Zach at Andy Shaw Ford did a most of the mods and did marvelous job inside and out ( I stayed with easy ones and can thank Roger for his pedal cover instructions)

This has been fun to post and see the comments and believe me I do not take my life nor my car to serious to have anything or anybody bring me down.

Happy modding (or do I mean motoring) and enjoy life.

If you ever make it the beautiful mountains of North Carolina give me a hollar.

Andrew

Please post pics of the rest of the mods... interior and engine bay.

BTW, I love your avatar!

Dan

Gosh guys! Don't loose your sense of humor! It was a nod about the guy I saw at the car show making an SGT clone but had the wrong fender badges from the other thread I posted. In other words a joke....maybe a bad one....but a joke!

:dance:

Ok Jeff. Wow thanks man for clearing that up with us. Thanks again :hysterical::hysterical:

Comes a point in every internent discussion where things tend to lean towards stupid. I think we have arrived there in this thread.

What one owner wants to do with his automobile is purely his business alone. But, when he asks others to evaluate his decisions, anything can follow, as it has here.

No room in my life for "impersonating". No cross-dresing allowed. The SGT is what it is, and if that is not what you want, sell it and buy the toy you want.

I have no problem with upgrades to any SGT. Suspension, wheels, tires, or, power adders, because the base automibile is still an SGT. Change that, i.e. remove SGT identification in favor of GT 500 identification, such as engine hoods, and you're bending genders. Upgrading Watts links, control arms, fuel suoply systems, etc...Are "improving" mods. Changing fender badges is impersonation.

Better off not to ask, eh?