stangcrazy

Best Friend In Need of Prayer

I am truly sorry to hear of the passing of LSR. I had never met him personally but through all the topics on the site that we talked it felt like I had. My deepest sympathy goes out to his wife and family. He may be gone but will NEVER be forgotten. Take care Lamonte RIP M'nut

Thanks For your help, They need it and will for awhile, everyone is doing a great job on helping them out no matter what the amount, Like they say in numbers you can move a mountain!! Later Mickvey

HELLO all, just wanted to pass along some info before tomorrows wake and 12 noon funeral, when that is all done he will be taken to the cemetary Friday for Burial at 11;30. Sue has asked if we would like to meet her at her home at 11;15 to follow the procession to the Church where Lamonte will be laid out from 10-12 and then the Funeral. Me and wife and John and Chris will leave the Baymont Hotel in Fairview Heights IL at 10am sharp and go meet Sue at her home and then follow them to the church. after funeral shortly we will go to a late lunch with Sue and Kids and present them with some of the funds that have come in and say your goodbyes till next time, Unless your going Friday. If this is not an option for you that's ok too we will see you at the church before funeral. Thanks Mickey

Quoted from another board ( not my post ), hopefully this can prevent others families from facing financial ruin if this happens to them:

Guys, a little OT...

but you should carry LIFE INSURANCE if you have a family for ****s sake. When I read

"His wife, 14yr old son, and 20 yr old daughter are only able to make a couple of more house payments, before they can no longer afford their home or pay bills"

I think " WTF??? ". Lamonte had a GT500. Surely he could have been paying $80/mo for a $1,000,000 policy. When I got married and bought a house the FIRST thing I did was secure some protection for my wife should anything happen to me. Cars and other worthless crap came second.

Godspeed to the poor guy, and I hope this wakes people up who have NO LIFE INSURANCE.

Edited by 08KR

Damn that sucks, I am really sorry to hear that, I looked back at my list, and I helped him out wit a tune a while back, he is one of the GT500 guys that has been around since what seems like the beginning.

We will keep his family in our prayers...

Sustain me according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed.

PSALM 119-116

just to let everyone know we gave Sue 1400 dollars after the funeral, there is now 870. in the account and 300 came in today from the decals, they will appreciate all the help you've given them, I know alot people where I work said he don't money need he had a GT500 but let me tell this alot of people live beyond the needs or barely get by and I'm no exception sometimes, Buying his car meant alot and I had to give up alot to get it with my dad. I have insurance credit and disability but after all this my wife would have troubles if my income was gone. I see what it can do and will try to help as would Lamonte with everything he had for a freind or stranger. I'm really proud to belong to a group of guys that go beyond their way to help a family out during the holidays and beyond Thank you so much, Mickey

I am adding you to my prayers May everything turn for the best

heroo.jpg

:cry: I'm so sad to hear the news. The only thing that I can find comfort in....is that Lamont knew the Lord. He is now with him smiling from above. That I do rejoice in. Lamont was a brother in Christ. The two of us never met face to face, but talked on the phone a dozen times. I know what was in his heart and it was good. His heart was in the right place.

We need to pray for his wife Sue at this time, for comfort and strength to move forward.

LSR - I'm going to miss you bro. :cry:

jesus.jpg

It's been just over a year now since LSR died.

I wonder how his family is doing.

Are they OK ?

I miss LSR.

:cry:

Edited by Grabber

as you know LSR, Lamonte Morris died Oct 28, 2008 from an illness, Yes he is very deeply missed and has been a tough year, His wife sold their home 2 months ago as you know we helped keep them there through the year with all the donations, they have a nice apartment. Little lamonte is doing much better, no more counsling is making A's B's in school now is much better, Sue is doing well and their daughter is fine too, they seem to have adjusted ok considering all, I haven't been here because Iv'e been off work since April and wife has been off with broken ankle since July, we have been wiped out this year but will be ok in a few months as we are both back to work as of Last week. I really miss our friend and his car is still in great hands in storage till i get back on my feet, I had a large pipe fall and mess my arm up at work. Sue says to tell everyone Thanks for all you have done for her family and to tell everyone happy holidays as they make it through the seasons, I would like to say the same from our family, I have to say it here because my membership is expired and have to save monies for neccessities.

as you know LSR, Lamonte Morris died Oct 28, 2008 from an illness, Yes he is very deeply missed and has been a tough year, His wife sold their home 2 months ago as you know we helped keep them there through the year with all the donations, they have a nice apartment. Little lamonte is doing much better, no more counsling is making A's B's in school now is much better, Sue is doing well and their daughter is fine too, they seem to have adjusted ok considering all, I haven't been here because Iv'e been off work since April and wife has been off with broken ankle since July, we have been wiped out this year but will be ok in a few months as we are both back to work as of Last week. I really miss our friend and his car is still in great hands in storage till i get back on my feet, I had a large pipe fall and mess my arm up at work. Sue says to tell everyone Thanks for all you have done for her family and to tell everyone happy holidays as they make it through the seasons, I would like to say the same from our family, I have to say it here because my membership is expired and have to save monies for neccessities.

Thanks for the update Micky. I'm glad that things are working out for sue and her kids. That is a relief to hear. I wish you and your wife the best Thanksgiving wishs. I'm sure glad to hear that you and your wife have gone back to work and your arm has healed. This has been a very tough year for many. I have felt the pinch as well. I lost my construction Supt. position because work has dried up here in Oregon and Washington. Luckly I retained a Journeyman carpenter position with the Company. I took a 33% cut in pay and had to give back my Company Truck and gas card and phone and computer and all paid holidays and vacation days. I'm thankfull to still have a job that can pay the bills and keep food on the table and has health care for my family. I have a feeling it's going to be like this for a couple years or more. I have been employed with the same company for 21 years and I have never seen the construction market this bad since the 80's.

This is not the change I wanted. :banghead:

With all that said.....It's family that matters and there is no better way to celebrate family than spending Thanksgiving together.

Tell sue that I said a prayer for her.

God Bless you guys,

Rob

With all that said.....It's family that matters and there is no better way to celebrate family than spending Thanksgiving together.

Rob,

So true, and so much to be thankful for! Amen and God Bless.

Hey Mickey,

I said a prayer for Lamonte and his family is well. It is great to hear they are adjusting. My sister in law found out on Thanksgiving last year that her dad had passed suddenly with a heart attack. I know what she's going through so I imagine they are doing the same. Thank you for being there for them even through your own tribulations. I am sure he appreciates. God bless and happy holidays!!!!

Respectfully,

Roger

yep Sue is RN she was working 2 jobs because Lamonte left Olin and went to chrysler and then got laid off when they closed, she had to havean income till they got on there feet and the second job was a peice of cake but had to be away from house. They just cancelled his life insurance 1 month before this happened to make it through :( who would of guessed this would come up., But they are doing great now downsized a lot. I'm still gong through alot with work and have major meetings starting tuesday. But we are doing ok just have to get caught back up and find that darn Aflack DUCK. sucks both of us off for 4 months!! but I'll rebound !! :happy feet: :happy feet: :shift: :happy feet: :happy feet:

yep Sue is RN she was working 2 jobs because Lamonte left Olin and went to chrysler and then got laid off when they closed, she had to havean income till they got on there feet and the second job was a peice of cake but had to be away from house. They just cancelled his life insurance 1 month before this happened to make it through :( who would of guessed this would come up., But they are doing great now downsized a lot. I'm still gong through alot with work and have major meetings starting tuesday. But we are doing ok just have to get caught back up and find that darn Aflack DUCK. sucks both of us off for 4 months!! but I'll rebound !! :happy feet: :happy feet: :shift: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Good Luck with the meetings and everything. I'm really glad to hear LaMonte's son is getting good grades. Sue's proffesion is as solid as any, even in tough times, so thank goodness for that. Hope to see you guys sometime soon.

Take care,

Blayne