Milton

Wrecked GT500 40th 725 H.P.

Hey Guys, New here. Just wanted to let you all know that last night while I was sitting and watching TV I heard a LOUD EXPLOSION, I ran outside to find a 07 SHELBY TERLINGUA smashed into my brick fence along side my house. The owner was not hurt but totaled out this beautiful rare car. He just had Caroll Shelby sign the dash three weeks ago. The driver was assumed to have been drinking, not known for sure.

I have pictures of the wreck, I will try to attach them if I can figure it out.

Milton

post-22844-1225119952_thumb.jpg

post-22844-1225119974_thumb.jpg

post-22844-1225119987_thumb.jpg

post-22844-1225120000_thumb.jpg

post-22844-1225120014_thumb.jpg

post-22844-1225119952_thumb.jpg

post-22844-1225119974_thumb.jpg

post-22844-1225119987_thumb.jpg

post-22844-1225120000_thumb.jpg

post-22844-1225120014_thumb.jpg

Edited by Milton

Damn, a 40th dead :cry: Had the 725 hp upgrade as well.

Edited by MY500SS

Damn, a 40th like mine dead :cry:

What are these rare beauties worth anyway? I know a stock gt500 is at least 50k but this one is not a stock gt500, is it?

I didn't get any pictures of the VIN, dam!!! I am sorry guys, wasn't thinking.

Milton

Edited by bigbsvo

Its worth more than a GT500, but this market is so screwed up right now who know what its worth. This car as already stated has the power upgrades which kicked up the HP to 725! Hate to see someone drinking and driving!

MM

Hey Guys, New here. Just wanted to let you all know that last night while I was sitting and watching TV I heard a LOUD EXPLOSION, I ran outside to find a 07 SHELBY TERLINGUA smashed into my brick fence along side my house. The owner was Drunk and totaled out this beautiful rare car. He just had Caroll Shelby sign the dash three weeks ago.

I have pictures of the wreck, I will try to attach them if I can figure it out.

Milton

Are you in Texas???

Very sad, drinking and driving is not good no matter what car it's with but with a KB equiped Shelby it's even worse! I have had to change my ways since driving the Tvs coupe. I used to have a beer or 2 at shows and or events, but especially with that car even 1 or 2 beers could mean disaster! It only takes an instant with that amount of power to be in a serious situation.

Was it anyone one on the board? If so I am very sorry for you.

Very sad, drinking and driving is not good no matter what car it's with but with a KB equiped Shelby it's even worse! I have had to change my ways since driving the Tvs coupe. I used to have a beer or 2 at shows and or events, but especially with that car even 1 or 2 beers could mean disaster! It only takes an instant with that amount of power to be in a serious situation.

Was it anyone one on the board? If so I am very sorry for you.

Not sure if it was anyone on the board. I just joind today to share this sad story. I will find out from my wife tonight what

the name of the driver was.

Must be somebody from the board as that car was in Terlingua Sept 25-28. It has the yellow pit stripes on it which were received at the Terlingua event. You can see the Terlingua logo in the stripes on the front fender.

Edited by JeffJ

Must be somebody from the board as that car was in Terlingua Sept 25-28. It has the yellow pit stripes on it which were received at the Terlingua event. You can see the Terlingua logo in the stripes on the front fender.

Thats correct. Had to be at Terlingua to get the stripes and had to be with TS to get to there.

I sure hope he or she was OK.

MM

Yep, this car was at Terlingua and the owner is a long time member. Thoughts and prayers go out.

Stuart

That's a horrible image!

I hope the owner is OK ... I REALLY feel for him! Most of us have made bad decisions and most have gotten away with it .... others sometimes aren't as lucky!

My thoughts and prayers also go out to the owner. I too do know him and always considered him to be a great friend. Cars can be rebuilt/replaced, lives can not. Take care my friend and hope all goes well for you.

Bud

Wow...I can't beleive this! I was SO jealous of the way that car sounded out there! :cry:

Hope you are okay! I know you are reading this! I won't jump to conclusions on the reasons...these things happen to the most experienced drivers!

Hope you are okay! I know you are reading this! I won't jump to conclusions on the reasons...these things happen to the most experienced drivers!

+1

Boy, that really looks like the one in the Quantum booth.

I had a really nice conversation with it's owner. very nice guy. I really hope he is OK.

I was worried that it might be Don's (cobrafan's) car; however, I just got a note from him stating that it's not his car. That's great news. My thoughts still go out to the person that was involved. Regards.

Stuart

I was worried that it might be Don's (cobrafan's) car; however, I just got a note from him stating that it's not his car. That's great news. My thoughts still go out to the person that was involved. Regards.

Stuart

I was poking around in the 40th threads and I noticed cobrafan has a chrome KB not black like the one in question.

I'm sure we'll find out who the owner is eventually but I'm guessing not for a while as they feel horrible about the accident! ..... Again I hope he wasn't injured!

I was poking around in the 40th threads and I noticed cobrafan has a chrome KB not black like the one in question.

I'm sure we'll find out who the owner is eventually but I'm guessing not for a while as they feel horrible about the accident! ..... Again I hope he wasn't injured!

You guys are a great bunch. I love how you care about eachother so much.

I just talked to my wife, she said the owners wife name is Karen Robertson, and she thinks the husbands name

is Doug, or maybe Don, but she thinks it's Doug Robertson. He is ok thank god and at least the wife wasn't in

the car at the time of the accident

You guys are a great bunch. I love how you care about eachother so much.

I just talked to my wife, she said the owners wife name is Karen Robertson, and she thinks the husbands name

is Doug, or maybe Don, but she thinks it's Doug Robertson. He is ok thank god and at least the wife wasn't in

the car at the time of the accident

Are these the same people who race a Ford GT in ALMS?

Are these the same people who race a Ford GT in ALMS?

Different Robertsons.