Milton

Wrecked GT500 40th 725 H.P.

The license plate was TXSHLB

Now that you mention the plate #, I am pretty sure we saw this car on a trailer (I think it was a Quantum Trailer) around Dallas when we were headed back to Ohio from Terlingua.

I was worried that it might be Don's (cobrafan's) car; however, I just got a note from him stating that it's not his car. That's great news. My thoughts still go out to the person that was involved. Regards.

Stuart

At first I thought it could be Don also. Went searching pics of his car from MCOH show and it was not his. My second thought is it was the car in Quantum Performance booth. Don't know, don't have any good pics of it. Whomever it was, I hope they are ok and that things will work out alright for them. You are in my thoughts.

At first I thought it could be Don also. Went searching pics of his car from MCOH show and it was not his. My second thought is it was the car in Quantum Performance booth. Don't know, don't have any good pics of it. Whomever it was, I hope they are ok and that things will work out alright for them. You are in my thoughts.

Unless they rotated another car into the booth, looks like a different car, to me. (I may have been fooled by light on the stripes ... )

Mr Quantum in his booth

Edited by Frank S

Thats correct. Had to be at Terlingua to get the stripes and had to be with TS to get to there.

I sure hope he or she was OK.

MM

Huh? You dont' have to be at Terlingua to get the stripes and the sticker. I've got both and I didn't attend Terlingua. Got the stripes from Roger (originally had Yellow), and got the sticker when I joined the Terlingua racing team club.

Edited by AFBLUE

Oh, that's sad.

What are the facts? I saw a sudden leap to alcohol but no facts. Let's not speculate.

I'm still feeling out my 500HP SGT. It's so easy to get it spinning and my wife tonight refused to drive it to get a service done. These have a lot of power and any sudden lapse can cause things to happen. I've fishtailed just pulling out of a parking lot twice now (copilot was with once, which is why she won't drive it yet, at least not alone.)

I can't imagine what 725HP feels like.

I'm glad noone was hurt.

Respect power and have a safe night.

Oh, that's sad.

What are the facts? I saw a sudden leap to alcohol but no facts. Let's not speculate.

I'm still feeling out my 500HP SGT. It's so easy to get it spinning and my wife tonight refused to drive it to get a service done. These have a lot of power and any sudden lapse can cause things to happen. I've fishtailed just pulling out of a parking lot twice now (copilot was with once, which is why she won't drive it yet, at least not alone.)

I can't imagine what 725HP feels like.

I'm glad noone was hurt.

Respect power and have a safe night.

the driver being drunk came from the home owner, who is apparently a poster on another car site, and is who took the photos.

This is really really sad. I believe this car was at Terlingua, and I had detailed conversation with the owner. It's not quite a twin to my car, no chrome wheels or polished KB. The good news is the driver walked away. I have lost a sister, nephew, and a young kid in our church youth group to alcohol related accidents. At Terlingua we spent the night in Alpine because I knew that I would have a couple beers and I don't drive and drink. It was a pain to get up early the next morning and drive back to the event, but at this point in my life, I try to error on the side of good judgment and common sense.

I do have a great deal of compassion and empathy for the driver. I am certain they are feeling the pain of their decision. I've done some really foolish things in my life and gotten away or survived. With that said, I've reared my children to understand the consequences of their decisions. Sometimes all the king's horses and all the king's men can't put humpty back together again.

What's different ?

(I may have been fooled by light on the stripes ... )
in the wreck pictures.

the driver being drunk came from the home owner, who is apparently a poster on another car site, and is who took the photos.

The first post has been edited. He removed his statements.

The first post has been edited. He removed his statements.

..there is also a thread over on TMS.........not edited by the way................its poor judgment to drink and drive a muscle car.

Huh? You dont' have to be at Terlingua to get the stripes and the sticker. I've got both and I didn't attend Terlingua. Got the stripes from Roger (originally had Yellow), and got the sticker when I joined the Terlingua racing team club.

AFBlue. Do your fender stripes have the terlingua logo in them with "September 25-28th 2008" printed on them? Those are the stripes that were received in Terlingua and you can see that the stripes on the wrecked car have the logo in them.

The stripes would look like this. i made this to hang on my wall.

Bud

I still do hope that the driver is ok and will let us know that he is. take care my friend.

twall.jpg

That sucks.

So, the owner added the Terlingua stripes/stickers after receiving a Super Snake 40th Anniv 725hp upgrade.

Or is there a Shelby GT500 Terlingua/SuperSnake package available?

Or, is it just a Shelby GT500 with owner added Kenne Bell blower, and owner added Terlingua Stripes?

That sucks.

So, the owner added the Terlingua stripes/stickers after receiving a Super Snake 40th Anniv 725hp upgrade.

Or is there a Shelby GT500 Terlingua/SuperSnake package available?

Or, is it just a Shelby GT500 with owner added Kenne Bell blower, and owner added Terlingua Stripes?

This is a GT500 with a 40th Anniversary package with the Super Snake power upgrades.

There is no Terlingua Super Snake.

The Terlingua Stripes were given away by SAI at the Terlingua event this year. If you look at Buds post you will see the stripes and they look great!

MM

This is a GT500 with a 40th Anniversary package with the Super Snake power upgrades.

There is no Terlingua Super Snake.

The Terlingua Stripes were given away by SAI at the Terlingua event this year. If you look at Buds post you will see the stripes and they look great!

MM

Yeah, I ended up with a couple extra sets of those fender stripes...gonna save them for something special Im planning. They are great quality!

AFBlue. Do your fender stripes have the terlingua logo in them with "September 25-28th 2008" printed on them? Those are the stripes that were received in Terlingua and you can see that the stripes on the wrecked car have the logo in them.

No they don't. I got mine from Rossvt (roger S.). I was unaware of the terlingua logo version of the fender stripes. So I stand corrected.

This is really really sad. I believe this car was at Terlingua, and I had detailed conversation with the owner. It's not quite a twin to my car, no chrome wheels or polished KB. The good news is the driver walked away. I have lost a sister, nephew, and a young kid in our church youth group to alcohol related accidents. At Terlingua we spent the night in Alpine because I knew that I would have a couple beers and I don't drive and drink. It was a pain to get up early the next morning and drive back to the event, but at this point in my life, I try to error on the side of good judgment and common sense.

I do have a great deal of compassion and empathy for the driver. I am certain they are feeling the pain of their decision. I've done some really foolish things in my life and gotten away or survived. With that said, I've reared my children to understand the consequences of their decisions. Sometimes all the king's horses and all the king's men can't put humpty back together again.

Don,

Did you drove with #21?

That's too bad - like others glad the driver is OK and hope the car will be replaced quickly.

What ever happened to the guy that had the accident at the event? Wasn't there a car that got flipped or something there? I've not been on as much lateley and could figure out the end results of that one...I hope all is well there too.

That's too bad - like others glad the driver is OK and hope the car will be replaced quickly.

What ever happened to the guy that had the accident at the event? Wasn't there a car that got flipped or something there? I've not been on as much lateley and could figure out the end results of that one...I hope all is well there too.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...430&hl=Matt