easyjet

725 HP SS guys...

As a "regular" stock GT500 owner who aspires to Kenne Bell SS power, I was wondering if any of you guys have yet seen any reason to have concerns that the 725 HP SS cars are not warranted?

As a "regular" stock GT500 owner who aspires to Kenne Bell SS power, I was wondering if any of you guys have yet seen any reason to have concerns that the 725 HP SS cars are not warranted?

Not ME!

The car runs great! Just changed the oil and it was perfect!

Anything could happen, but I guess Im a gambler at heart!

MM

The factory warranty is 3 years, 36K miles, which will be over in another year for me. I think the "voided" warranty is only on the powertrain, as my dealer has taken care of anything that is not a Shelby mod.

725 ALL THE WAY!

Up until recently I owned one each of the SVT Cobra R's 1993, 95 and 00 (two of which I still own, the 95 and 00), and none of which came with ANY factory warranty, except federal emissions items. I still am going to move forward with a 725SS. I guess I am also a gambler.

R

The car runs great! Just changed the oil and it was perfect!

+1.

Mod away with the power upgrade.

No concerns. I've had the transmission replaced as a result of the TSB with no issues. I'm halfway through the 36 month warranty. Most of us will run out of time before we run out of miles on the warranty. There really is a very big difference between the 725 and the stock supercharger. No regrets or issues.

No concerns. I've had the transmission replaced as a result of the TSB with no issues. I'm halfway through the 36 month warranty. Most of us will run out of time before we run out of miles on the warranty. There really is a very big difference between the 725 and the stock supercharger. No regrets or issues.

Ford will honor the trans TSB, even with the 725 conversion? I was wondering about that. Is that TSB for 07 and 08 GT500's? I thought the 08 had some sort of update to the trans?

Thanks, R

The way I understand it is that Ford will honor the warranty unless they see that the KB had something to do with what went wrong. So everything is covered under the warranty (windows, a/c and such).

I dont see why Ford would have a problem fixing a TSB.

MM

I have a complete Polished Kenne Bell 2.8 Kit that came off my car when the Super Snake Package was done. Only about 500 miles on it. The kit is a $7000 upgrade. I will sell for $5000.00. The car is night and day from stock. Love the power.

Mike :happy feet:

Ford will honor the trans TSB, even with the 725 conversion? I was wondering about that. Is that TSB for 07 and 08 GT500's? I thought the 08 had some sort of update to the trans?

Thanks, R

My 725hp SS had the TSB done without any questions. The SVT tec. that test drove her was amazed at the power difference. He said "it is scary fast".

I have a complete Polished Kenne Bell 2.8 Kit that came off my car when the Super Snake Package was done. Only about 500 miles on it. The kit is a $7000 upgrade. I will sell for $5000.00. The car is night and day from stock. Love the power.

Mike :happy feet:

Why did they take the KB off to put another one on? Is the kit the same as the Stage 3 "Mammoth" currently offered? Including the big throttlebody? As well as all the other stuff that comes with a new kit...

Thanks guys for the input....all sounds pretty positive as I expected. In the research I have done, I have been really impressed with Kenne Bell on every front. One more question: when I go ahead with the KB mod, what other mods would be considered "must dos" in order to handle the additional power?

It really depends on your intended use, drag , road corse???? is this a 40th or super snake I havent had any issues with my 725 40th, but did upgrade the suspention for road corse, ken

It really depends on your intended use, drag , road corse???? is this a 40th or super snake I havent had any issues with my 725 40th, but did upgrade the suspention for road corse, ken

Really will be used as a daily driver that goes to the drag strip every so often. That's my intent.

Thanks guys for the input....all sounds pretty positive as I expected. In the research I have done, I have been really impressed with Kenne Bell on every front. One more question: when I go ahead with the KB mod, what other mods would be considered "must dos" in order to handle the additional power?

One piece drive shaft, suspension (uca, lca ) street radials .

Edited by shelby001

Why did they take the KB off to put another one on? Is the kit the same as the Stage 3 "Mammoth" currently offered? Including the big throttlebody? As well as all the other stuff that comes with a new kit...

The kit is exactly the same except for the glued on Shelby name plate. They would not let me deviate from the Super Snake Package. The first guy I talked with - Steve Navaro - told me they would just credit that part off the package, but after he was let go things changed and they would not let me deviate on the SS Package. The funny thing is they left the original booster pump and big mouth on when they did the package and just gave me back the new ones still in plastic so I have everything new. I know they were the new ones because the wires on the booster pump had not even been trimmed back and I marked the bottom of my throttle body so I knew if I got the right one back. I also have a carbon fiber driveline good for 1000hp they took off also. I paid $1,000 for that and will sell it with the Polished 2.8 kit if somebody wants it for $600 more.

I changed the intercooler to a dual pass AFCO and the coils to the high energy coils. I have had zero problems with heat soak and power loss in hot conditions like some have reported. I also changed coolant and use Redline Water Weter. I have used that on other cars and it works well.

Mike