tlitz

Only 300 40th to be Made

I just got done reading the new Shelby Magazine.

This what it say about how many 40th will be made.

Click top of picture to be able to read.

Todd

ShelbyMagazine.jpg

Edited by tlitz

That's great, that will make our cars even more rare!! :yahoo:

Does anyone know how many conversions have been done so far?

No. Everytime we ask, we get no response.

This must be dated info. The rear tire size is wrong, so I'm guessing that it's from before any were done. So the 300 number is probably wrong too... just my guess.

I wish we could actually get this quantity confirmed one way or another...has anyone asked the good folks at SAI lately? I would like to believe what is in print, but to Vogon's point, it could be dated.

And even if there is a 2012 45th, 300-500 every 5 years is still one of the most limited packages rolling out of Vegas these days.

I wish we could actually get this quantity confirmed one way or another...has anyone asked the good folks at SAI lately?

I sent Robert an email a while back and asked if they could publish a monthly count in the newsletter on the number of conversions for 40th, 07 SS, 08 SS, KR, etc. He seemed to think that this might be doable in the future. We all want to know this stuff, and when OASIS finally comes on line, we will all have access to it anyway.

This must be dated info. The rear tire size is wrong, so I'm guessing that it's from before any were done. So the 300 number is probably wrong too... just my guess.

I hope it is dated and wrong.

As someone that is sitting on the sidelines and hoping to have a 40th in the future it would be nice to make happen a year down the road. I certainly understand where you guys are coming from and wanting your cars to be limited. I hope I am able to make it happen before they end the package.

Tom

Just read in a thread in the SS forum Quantum in Dallas had performed #365 as I recall. So, I would think that means there are more than 300 planned/built.

Tom

Quantum and Tasca start with higher numbers. They each have their own block of numbers.

Exactly. There could be serial numbers that even exceed 500, but there could be gaps that were not used. For instance, I think SAI had 1-250, but if Vegas only produced 200, then 200-250 wouldn't exist, but #301 that was produced at Quantum would. Make sense?

Hopefully we will know soon how many were produced. And to your point Tom, SAI could decide to make this package available until they sell through a certain number (whatever that number may be) which could be for years to come.

Exactly. There could be serial numbers that even exceed 500, but there could be gaps that were not used. For instance, I think SAI had 1-250, but if Vegas only produced 200, then 200-250 wouldn't exist, but #301 that was produced at Quantum would. Make sense?

Hopefully we will know soon how many were produced. And to your point Tom, SAI could decide to make this package available until they sell through a certain number (whatever that number may be) which could be for years to come.

I have number 253 and it was produced at SAI in Vegas.

Hhmmm. Yes, I understand they could end production with gaps in numbers but that would be odd I would think. It would be pure bliss for the historians and "numbers" enthusiasts though.

So, does anyone know what RANGE of numbers were assigned to Quantum, Tasca and now Sean Hyland?

Tom

I have number 253 and it was produced at SAI in Vegas.

That was just an example....I made up numbers to illustrate the point. I don't know exactly who had which numbers. At one time, when I thought there were 500 to be made, I was told 1-300 were assigned to SAI, 301-400 were for Quantum and 401-500 was for Tasca, but I am not certain.

I read back on some forum,( which I cant find) that SAI is 1-300, Tasca 301-350 and Quantum 351-400. This seems to be close because in the 40TH, SS & KR forum, Chris has badged up to 309 for Tasca and 365 for Quantum! We have heard very little news of any cars coming out of SAI, which sounds like they have finish or are down to the last ones. This leaves a few left for Tasca and Quantum, if they haven't filled the slots by now, we are very near the end. How about an update BUD?

I suspect the numbering system for our 40th's will not end up being sequential or following any pattern, save for those specific block spots reserved for Tasca and Quantum. Many of the original 40th spots were converted to SS spots and left gaps in the numbering system. It will take the Shelby Registry and Oasis to make any sense out of the run. My Shelby number is 151, but I was one of the first 30 produced, so I am guessing that the registry will list my Shelby number and my production number, i.e., Car # CSM07XL151 is 30 of 300 produced.

Dan

If you were one of the 15 at the party, shouldn't your production number be 1-15? I always thought you guys were the first to be converted. My CSM #0067 and was done in Feb, so I quess from what your saying my production number will be different. How did you find what your production number was?

Dan

If you were one of the 15 at the party, shouldn't your production number be 1-15? I always thought you guys were the first to be converted. My CSM #0067 and was done in Feb, so I quess from what your saying my production number will be different. How did you find what your production number was?

GT,

It's just a guess based upon a conversation with JW when he was there. Six or seven had been converted prior to the 15 getting our cars to SAI and a couple were slipped in during the production of our cars. I was one of the last 15 done. Mine was done on Oct 2.

If you were done in Feb you probably have a number around 100 or so. I seems like I read that they had 80 plus done by the end of the year.

I suspect the numbering system for our 40th's will not end up being sequential or following any pattern, save for those specific block spots reserved for Tasca and Quantum. Many of the original 40th spots were converted to SS spots and left gaps in the numbering system. It will take the Shelby Registry and Oasis to make any sense out of the run. My Shelby number is 151, but I was one of the first 30 produced, so I am guessing that the registry will list my Shelby number and my production number, i.e., Car # CSM07XL151 is 30 of 300 produced.

Hey Cobra Fan,

Back in September I told you I found out something interesting about the 40th package. I was thinking of selling mine and doing another one with less miles. I called and was told there are still several (over a hundred) spots available. Who knows, I may still do it again. I see there is a 40th on ebay asking 79K.

Hey Cobra Fan,

Back in September I told you I found out something interesting about the 40th package. I was thinking of selling mine and doing another one with less miles. I called and was told there are still several (over a hundred) spots available. Who knows, I may still do it again. I see there is a 40th on ebay asking 79K.

What did you you find out that was interesting about the 40ths? :headscratch:

I would not believe anything in print or otherwise... it is all about cash, and just like Ford did with the limited edition GT500, Shelby will do with the 40th or SS... trust that more than 300 will/or are going to be made. These cars are far from limited or collectors.

Hey Cobra Fan,

The last unofficial round about number that I heard was that they were closing in on 400 units sold. So this jibes out with what you were told, I guess. But then the thread started that they were only making 300 units. Go figure?

From an email:

SHELBY 11-30-07

"To date, we have converted 45 Shelby GT500s into 40th Anniversary cars. Scheduling is starting to become increasingly faster, and we expect to have approximately 80 of these cars done by the end of the year. The 40th Anniversary package is capped at 500 units. We have sold over 400 packages now, so the availability will be gone soon. ......"

300 or 500? Worth it to me in either case.

:shrug:

From an email:

SHELBY 11-30-07

"To date, we have converted 45 Shelby GT500s into 40th Anniversary cars. Scheduling is starting to become increasingly faster, and we expect to have approximately 80 of these cars done by the end of the year. The 40th Anniversary package is capped at 500 units. We have sold over 400 packages now, so the availability will be gone soon. ......"

Thanks, I know that I remembered seeing this someplace.

From an email:

SHELBY 11-30-07

The 400 was "The List" not sold or deposits. So still could be less than 300 to be built. Even if it is 500, that's fine with me...

The 400 was "The List" not sold or deposits. So still could be less than 300 to be built. Even if it is 500, that's fine with me...

300 or 500 doesn't matter too much to me except that I may be able to do another one in the near future. These cars are just amazing after the conversion and I wouldn't have one any other way!! Yes, I use mine and the value may not hold, but then again, I bought the car to drive. I'm closing in on 9000 miles and several hundred of those around tracks. GREAT CARS!