mywickedshelby

2 Shoes thrown at Bush..........

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/...34255?GT1=43001

Its a sad state of affairs, when our President cant even go make an

appearance without someone throwing their shoes at him!

Funny thing is.......by the looks of how well he ducked....

those were definately not the first shoes that have been thrown his way.

Maybe he practices with LAURA.

Edited by mywickedshelby

What is sadder is that there is not indignation from the state department or media or general public with the President of the United States of America subjected to this treatment. I can't imagine any foreign head of state receiving this treatment without at least someone being outraged. I for one am pissed to the max. I have a thorough dislike and trust for both Presidents Clinton and Carter, but if one of our presidents, current or former, received this kind of treatment, I would be just as outraged.

We are becoming a nation of shame.

I read the "reporter" was from an anti-American, Egyptian newspaper.

I guess the guy was auditioning for a job with our liberal media. What better way to "prove" his allegiance to the principles of our mainstream media!! :hysterical::hysterical:

What is sadder is that there is not indignation from the state department or media or general public with the President of the United States of America subjected to this treatment. I can't imagine any foreign head of state receiving this treatment without at least someone being outraged. I for one am pissed to the max. I have a thorough dislike and trust for both Presidents Clinton and Carter, but if one of our presidents, current or former, received this kind of treatment, I would be just as outraged.

What President GW Bush has created for our Country and standing in the world is much more shameful than

anything President's Clinton and Carter were ever involved in..................IMHO................

I can't believe the secret service didn't kill the guy before he ever threw the second shoe!

I thought the same thing. That jerk should of never got off the second shoe before the secret service dropped him.

Edited by MY500SS

He should've stood there lifeless, then that would straghtin' out his head. :hysterical:

Think he has done that before???????????Many times??????????? :hysterical:

Bush has been railroaded the past 8 years and it's just accepted that he is the devil therefore nobody gives a rats ass. He took out one of the most vile men in history and yet he is considered to be the same. It's a shame and the American public should hang their heads low for their attitude toward Bush but then to accomplish that we would have to be a united country instead of a bunch of independant countries inside of one.

Edited by stump_breaker

Bush has been railroaded the past 8 years and it's just accepted that he is the devil therefore nobody gives a rats ass. He took out one of the most vile men in history and yet he is considered to be the same. It's a shame and the American public should hang their heads low for their attitude toward Bush but then to accomplish that we would have to be a united country instead of a bunch of independant countries inside of one.

SB,

I agree.

Stuart

What President GW Bush has created for our Country and standing in the world is much more shameful than

anything President's Clinton and Carter were ever involved in..................IMHO................

That is a totally different argument. When someone spits in the face of your president, you should take offense. I vehemently opposed our president elect, but I would take the guy out that dared to treat him in that fashion. He will be my president and I will support him from such nonsense in whatever way I can or have to. IMHO

That is a totally different argument. When someone spits in the face of your president, you should take offense. I vehemently opposed our president elect, but I would take the guy out that dared to treat him in that fashion. He will be my president and I will support him from such nonsense in whatever way I can or have to. IMHO

No harm no foul??????????

Look at the bright side as it gives "SNL" good material to work with??????????????? :hysterical:

My thoughts:

There is a hidden message in all of this that everyone is missing. That reporter would have never thought of doing that to Saddam. This is a true case of freedom of speech taking hold in Iraq. Albeit a weird way for it to happen. Had he done that to Saddam his sons would have had that guy swinging from tree by now.

For those of you Bush haters. What are you going to say when someone throws their shoes at Obama?

I fly a lot and sit next to a lot of service guys coming back from over there. They all say that the coverage of Iraq is disjointed at best.

Yeah lets see.....................Carter was a spineless worm that showed the way for the actions of the middle east we have today. By allowing America to sit by and do nothing while Iran took our embassy for a year and half showed them that they could do anything they wanted and we would nothing in return. Clinton was too busy being a sexual dictator to realize that when he passed NAFTA it would create the imbalance that the UAW is crabbing about today, and he was so wise as to deregulate the mortgage lending laws so as to create mortgage brokers, hence the mortgage mess we have today. A good idea at the time but was warned that things could go wrong with no regulations in place, and it took awhile but here we are. So I guess the finger pointing...........well, its just that, finger pointing!

Bush is the worst president in the history of our country, a country he has railroaded for the last eight years, and as a matter of fact most of the country is united in its realization of just how much damage he has done.

Did you see the smeart on Bushes face when the shoe came flying at him? It would have been cool if Bush had caught the shoe instead of ducking, then spit in it and threw it back at him. I know its a bit immature but thats what I would have done. :rolleyes:

I thought the same thing. That jerk should of never got off the second shoe before the secret service dropped him.

I think the Secret Service was outside having a cigarette!

They were "late" to the President's aide.

Some SS heads are rolling today no doubt.

I agree 100%. I'm not a fan of Obama, but he will be my President and I will support the office he holds.

Thanks for the post Cobrafan.

Yeah lets see.....................Carter was a spineless worm that showed the way for the actions of the middle east we have today. By allowing America to sit by and do nothing while Iran took our embassy for a year and half showed them that they could do anything they wanted and we would nothing in return. Clinton was too busy being a sexual dictator to realize that when he passed NAFTA it would create the imbalance that the UAW is crabbing about today, and he was so wise as to deregulate the mortgage lending laws so as to create mortgage brokers, hence the mortgage mess we have today. A good idea at the time but was warned that things could go wrong with no regulations in place, and it took awhile but here we are. So I guess the finger pointing...........well, its just that, finger pointing!

Yep, those were the good old days when our Country and Presidents were Respected in World opinian.........

Wish I could turn the clock back as it was way better than our situation now........... :censored:

Sorry but our current President must shoulder the blame for most of our situation.........IMHO......

Edited by DDT

I've posted my views. I guess it all boils down to a matter of a difference of importance and value to one's country and president.

I also take offense to burning the American Flag in protest or disrespect, which I'm sure those that support , condone or at least are neutral toward the actions against our president and country would have no problem with as an expression of freedom of speach. I will also do whatever I can to prevent that from happening as well. To be fair, many that are offended by the actions against our president will fully accept flag burning. Sorry folks, that's just who I am. Different strokes and different times, I guess.

Guest markham51

Three things come immediately To mind:

1. This exhibition is disgusting to me and regardless of ones political views it hurts watching this crap.

It is humiliating.

2. Iraqis have just spent the past 6 years at war. There will be lots of them who wished the US didn't invade their country regardless of the justification. Those feelings will not change any time soon and so it does not surprise me that this sort of thing would happen.

3. Bush should be at home dealing with the real problems facing the economy. I hope this trip wasn't designed to be another photo op! If it was, it has backfired big time.

Edited by markham51

I like everyone else find it hard to defend George Bush....

HOWEVER....this trip was more about saying goodbye to the troops

while he is still the President of the United States.

A memo just wouldnt cut it, He had to go personally.

Like him, hate him, be neutral, whatever,

this War has become his Presidency.

He stood by his principles and admires those troops who

have fought so valiently for him (us and the whole country)

..........more than most will give him credit for.

To many who have served, especially in combat, a visit from

the Commander in Chief is a special moment, the very least he could

do for those courageous men and women.

:salute::salute::salute:

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Liberal dribble

I would be appauled if it were our President elect

It is funny though, Sadam wouyld have had him beheaded or shot but, President Bush is evil. Guess that says a lot about the sanctaty of life in the middle east. I think the President found it amusing though

This is like listening to adult children talk about their father. The best you can get from one half is he went to work every day so they had a home and food on the table.

The other half whine about how he wasn't there to play catch or have a tea party.

When they tell the story about a neighbor boy who throws a snowball and father ducks, half say dad should have washed the boy's face with snow and the other half wished the snowballhad hit him.

The moral of this story is: what would you be driving if Millard Philmore was your President?

John

Yep, those were the good old days when our Country and Presidents were Respected in World opinian.........

Wish I could turn the clock back as it was way better than our situation now........... :censored:

Sorry but our current President must shoulder the blame for most of our situation.........IMHO......

Spoken like a true Kalifornian, at what point in time do we start to blame Obama if things don't turn around in a year.