• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.

Have you tried emailing John Farmer stuckonyougraphics again.

I have used his contact page and he will return your email. Hope this helps.

On three of my 4 Shelby GT's I have had the stripes painted on. We just recently acquired a Hertz Vert and when they go bad we will have them done as well. I had them masked off to replicate the factory stripes to include around the washer on the hood. The only thing I did differently was had them paint through the rear license plate area and run the stripe through the plate. If they had been painted on at the factory, I am sure they would have been done that way (to save time) and if you look at any of the 1/18 models you will see they were done on the model that way. The tape goes around the plate because it was fast and avoided wrinkles and cutting issues. I had them masked identically to the original stripe stopping short of the trim around the windows just as the original tape stripes were done. I had the paint matched perfectly and then clear over so they will last for years to come. Mine have a ridge just as the tape does so they look just like the vinyl...The side stripes hold up better as they do not get the heat and sun so I left them tape from the factory. If you look at my cars the only thing you will notice is the stripes are shinier.

I blew a ton of money and time fooling with warranty claims and such on my cars. The oldest, our 07 White car went bad in two years with the new and improved stripes. Don't waste your time, go get them painted. With the new computer paint technology they can match the color and your car will look great for years to come. I really doubt that paint vs tape is going to change the value of these cars and if anything the cars with painted stripes for sale seem to be bringing a stronger number....or at least they will be easier to sell as any Shelby enthusiast knows about the stripe problem.

Corvette came out with a Silver stripe on its 427...was talking with the Corvette group at Carlisle two years ago. My wife suggested they Google Shelby stripe problem and the Corvette guy just about pooped a brick when he read it on his phone....they got a warranty problem coming big time as one of the test cars was already showing signs of the deterioration. Silver and gold vinyl do not hold up well in the heat and sun.

Just my 22 cents worth...Bobert

Bobert,

Yeah...the metallic are problematic especially when horizontal. You REALLY need to take special care with them or they will get bad fast. Once they do there's nothing you can do short of replacing them. if you're not of the mind to do that then painting is your best option and yours sound well done!

-Jeff

Now i just need to find a shop in San Diego that wont rip me off and i will have mine painted on. The stripes tend to fade.

• Like 1

I took the plunge and replaced the vinyl stripes with painted ones.

Really happy with how they turned out.

• Like 2

Do you have to remove the hood scoop before you add new strips? My hood scoop is in good condition.

Thanks.

After years of fading, I am replacing vinyl stripes. Got another set for free. But the old stripes are "melted" into the paint on the bumper. No edges left. They turned sorta brownish.  Just the bumpers. I have a vinyl shop friend try everything. He has never seen this happen. He said putting new vinyl over old won't work either. We tried and it just blew off. We may have to sand the bumpers down. It's wierd. Any ideas?

Question:

I’m struggling to find exact width of the trunk silver stripe on a factory 2007 Shelby GT?

Is it 9” sharp or 9 1/8 or?

Thx.

5 hours ago, SWEDEMAN said:

Question:

I’m struggling to find exact width of the trunk silver stripe on a factory 2007 Shelby GT?

Thx.

I have some it is 9” with 1” between stripes.

On 4/21/2018 at 6:11 PM, slygray1 said:

I have some it is 9” with 1” between stripes.

How much do you have and is it for sale? 

Thank you.

I will have to measure it. Not sure how much I have. I know it is not a large amount

Edited by slygray1

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:39 PM, SWEDEMAN said:

Question:

Thx.

Swede - I measured the width of my original stripes last night and they are 9 inches with 1 inch space in the between them.

Dave

55 minutes ago, IASHELBYGT said:

Swede - I measured the width of my original stripes last night and they are 9 inches with 1 inch space in the between them.

Dave

I told him..... :club:

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

I told him..... :club:

Yes, but I told the community...in case everyone wanted to know :stats:

Any good professional auto graphics shop should be able to order the material and cut the stripes. There are multiple cutting machine templates for the mustang and more than a few can be used to simplify the process with minor modifications.

If you care to read back you will find tips, tricks, the difficulty most auto shops have maintaining 1” space, especially the hood, and difficulties in removal and approaches to it.

Edited by JeffIsHereToo
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 12:17 PM, SWEDEMAN said:

How much do you have and is it for sale? 

Thank you.

I measured the strips today. I have 39” of the stuff.

10 hours ago, JeffIsHereToo said:

Any good professional auto graphics shop should be able to order the material and cut the stripes. There are multiple cutting machine templates for the mustang and more than a few can be used to simplify the process with minor modifications.

If you care to read back you will find tips, tricks, the difficulty most auto shops have maintaining 1” space, especially the hood, and difficulties in removal and approaches to it.

Thanks for the info and  also where to find more info if needed in the future for our Shelby's stripes! 

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

Anyone know of a reputable auto body shops near Norfolk, VA that can either install new stripes or paint them?

Thanks