blueshawk

Got the new Shelby "black" billet fuel door

I got the new billet Shelby "black" fuel door and after seeing it, I must say it is great quality but I'm not so sure I want a billet door on the car. I had the thing back ordered for several months and I now think they all look a little "clunky" and it may mess up the lines of the car. I'll keep it and maybe put it on later, however it's hard to improve on the looks of these cars and a billet door may not help but only hinder.

I got the new billet Shelby "black" fuel door and after seeing it, I must say it is great quality but I'm not so sure I want a billet door on the car. I had the thing back ordered for several months and I now think they all look a little "clunky" and it may mess up the lines of the car. I'll keep it and maybe put it on later, however it's hard to improve on the looks of these cars and a billet door may not help but only hinder.

why not install, post some pics and we can help you decide? You could always remove if you don't like it!

why not install, post some pics and we can help you decide? You could always remove if you don't like it!

If and when you decide to do it, please do post some pics. It is going to be my next mod, but I would like to see one on first.

If and when you decide to do it, please do post some pics. It is going to be my next mod, but I would like to see one on first.

I went with Silver Horse Racing's since SPP did not have one last year and love it.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Always mod for yourself first and do what you like

Take Care,

Andrew Nagle

Edited by andrewnagle1964

I don't understand how you think it may mess up the lines of the car. The fuel door is made to follow the exact lines of our stangs... Here is mine.

post-22352-1229828064_thumb.jpg

post-22352-1229828064_thumb.jpg

My car will not be getting one, I feel that a car can only say "Shelby" on it so many times...but thats just me. It's also a little boy racer as it does nothing to add performance.

My car will not be getting one, I feel that a car can only say "Shelby" on it so many times...but thats just me. It's also a little boy racer as it does nothing to add performance.

+10000000000000000000000000000000

My favorite is the "Shelby" rear tail light cut out that says "Shelby" 1 inch above where the rear deck lid letters say "Shelby" but of course it's even better when you have the gas cap 3" below that which says "Shelby" and even better still if you add the license plate frame with "Shelby" on it 12" below that! :happy feet:

Of course the only thing better is ensuring that every item is also billet aluminum! :shift:

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

I don't understand how you think it may mess up the lines of the car. The fuel door is made to follow the exact lines of our stangs... Here is mine.

Looks good to me :)

I was unsure about this but your aluminum fuel door looks great. The silver matches the car's colors.

IMG_3789.jpg

Edited by GT500-07

IMG_3789.jpg

Love the GO car! Not liking the fuel filler door...sticks out now like a sore thumb and I think the look is so overused and passe.

IMHO!

Your milage may vary!

I have the chrome but I'm switching to the all black one soon. I've had alot of comments on the chrome one mostly negative.

Save your money !! I had a billett fuel door i put on over the course of last winter. The car never seen a mile with that thing on, but everytime i went out to the garage that thing grabbed my eyes, but not in a positive way. The lines on the SGT are so clean, and there is so much to see, now why would you want to tear peoples eyes to your damn fuel tank? Needless to say i sold the billett fuel door and took a $10.00 hit. Oh well!!

A question to ask yourself is :" What exactly am i trying to achieve with this mod?"

I could definitely do without it !!

Maybe you cant !!

To each is own or beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You had to expect that, right? I installed the Shelby billet fuel door a couple of weeks ago on my vista blue Shelby Gt and love the looks! Kinda adds to the racing look like the cars in the miller sports series etc.

Save your money !! I had a billett fuel door i put on over the course of last winter. The car never seen a mile with that thing on, but everytime i went out to the garage that thing grabbed my eyes, but not in a positive way. The lines on the SGT are so clean, and there is so much to see, now why would you want to tear peoples eyes to your damn fuel tank? Needless to say i sold the billett fuel door and took a $10.00 hit. Oh well!!

A question to ask yourself is :" What exactly am i trying to achieve with this mod?"

I could definitely do without it !!

Maybe you cant !!

I've always felt that, since the Mustang has a "faux" cap on the rear, the real fuel door on the side should not be so visible.

Since Terlingua's have no rear "faux" cap, a visible one on the side makes more sense.

I've always felt that, since the Mustang has a "faux" cap on the rear, the real fuel door on the side should not be so visible.

Since Terlingua's have no rear "faux" cap, a visible one on the side makes more sense.

Good point...

I'm just too simple I guess. I just think they look good and compliment the silver stripe.

I could go either way on this, I actually like the one on the Orange. I do have to say I love the lines now so it would be a difficult decision for me.

Like some have said you can always just take it off.

Edited by carnut12

I guess LuLu won't be very popular in this thread...

Happy modding, gents.

Whoa! Mac you've been a busy boy since I last saw you!

:happy feet:

No, this car IS you!

Happy Motoring!

The fuel door looks good on the grabber orange car. I think it compliments the wheels or vis versa. Anyways, nice.

+10000000000000000000000000000000

My favorite is the "Shelby" rear tail light cut out that says "Shelby" 1 inch above where the rear deck lid letters say "Shelby" but of course it's even better when you have the gas cap 3" below that which says "Shelby" and even better still if you add the license plate frame with "Shelby" on it 12" below that! :happy feet:

Of course the only thing better is ensuring that every item is also billet aluminum! :shift:

thats why i havent changed anything. i still have the original faux gas cap that just says GT. goes well with the trunk letters above it.

but i do have a liscense plate frame that says "Shelby Automobiles Inc.", but its not too obvious. at least it looks better than the dealership's frame.

I don't know about the word "Shelby" appearing again, but I'm happy with the plain billet door.

Jer

shelpic.jpg

shelpic.jpg

Happy modding, gents.

Well, seems to me LuLu and owner constitute a bit of a special case: throw all that stuff at a car and see what sticks; for LuLu, looks like the good stuff. If you're going to apply scrambled eggs and bubble gum, might as well go whole hog.

On the other hand, some half-hearted efforts just plain don't "compliment", or even complement, a car's appearance. Six stickers and some hood pins surely add distinction but not necessarily attractiveness; a "look" is a look, but if the theme is "Mods because they are there", not always an improvement over stock, standard, run-of-the-mill, tried-and-true solutions.

Another consideration has to do with not only how you view the car, but how you want or expect others to view it. Those 500R racer Mustangs zooming past on a racetrack look darn good in spite of a plethora of stickers and other non-performance cues. When they are frozen for inspection via photography or static exhibition, they seem to have a pretty cheesy look, to my eye. I can tolerate a lot more nonsense on a cruising car while it's rolling than during the assembly or cool-off stages.

I would like to have my GT/CS without the fake-functional hood scoop and the maybe-useful rear wing, and if it weren't for the still-too-massive area of blank white on the sides, without the stripe.

Perhaps I'll get a chance to finish this ~rant later; right now, my mousing device just quit track-balling, and I want to investigate.

Cheers!

Well, seems to me LuLu and owner constitute a bit of a special case: throw all that stuff at a car and see what sticks; for LuLu, looks like the good stuff. If you're going to apply scrambled eggs and bubble gum, might as well go whole hog.

On the other hand, some half-hearted efforts just plain don't "compliment", or even complement, a car's appearance. Six stickers and some hood pins surely add distinction but not necessarily attractiveness; a "look" is a look, but if the theme is "Mods because they are there", not always an improvement over stock, standard, run-of-the-mill, tried-and-true solutions.

Another consideration has to do with not only how you view the car, but how you want or expect others to view it. Those 500R racer Mustangs zooming past on a racetrack look darn good in spite of a plethora of stickers and other non-performance cues. When they are frozen for inspection via photography or static exhibition, they seem to have a pretty cheesy look, to my eye. I can tolerate a lot more nonsense on a cruising car while it's rolling than during the assembly or cool-off stages.

I would like to have my GT/CS without the fake-functional hood scoop and the maybe-useful rear wing, and if it weren't for the still-too-massive area of blank white on the sides, without the stripe.

Perhaps I'll get a chance to finish this ~rant later; right now, my mousing device just quit track-balling, and I want to investigate.

Cheers!

Eh?

Happy modding, gents.

:shrug: I don't know; I generally don't like black wheels, especially on black cars, or lots of stickers all over a car, or large numbers on car doors or billet gas doors on black cars or... :headscratch: But dang Mac, Lulu's looking sweet. Great looking ride IMHO.

Jim

:shrug: I don't know; I generally don't like black wheels, especially on black cars, or lots of stickers all over a car, or large numbers on car doors or billet gas doors on black cars or... :headscratch: But dang Mac, Lulu's looking sweet. Great looking ride IMHO.

Jim

I understand, Jim, can't disagree with you either. Wasn't really my flavor, in the begining.

I own two Legends 600 race cars, and that's a market so much like NASCAR with stickers and decals, however, I didn't think any of it would catch fire to my Shelby. Until I went to Terlingua...

Then things just went nuts. The Bullrun folks added the "color" and I can't find any wanting to take any of it off. LuLu has a unique appearance, it's what she want to wear.