Glenn&Steph

Vista Blue SGT Thread

08SGT0312 Is on it's way to North Dakota! Vista Blue Convertible, 24K miles. Dreams do come true. Thanks to all of you for your information, this is a great board!

Just got back to the house. I now have 08SGT2011 sitting in my garage. The 600 mile road trip was great and she did well but she's filthy from the trip. I'll post pics after I get her cleaned up. She now has 1900 miles on the odometer.

Just sent a deposit on a 08 Vista Blue Vert. I caved and bought a manual. I couldn't pass it up it had seat heaters( to keep the wife happy) and only had 1300 miles.Suppose to pick it up this week if the weather holds.

Back in Jan 2008 when I was serching for my SGT, it had to be a convertible, have heated seats, cloth top, manual 5 spd., and factory NAV. 21,000 miles and still loving it as original owner! You'll love the heated seats!

Andy.

Just got back to the house. I now have 08SGT2011 sitting in my garage. The 600 mile road trip was great and she did well but she's filthy from the trip. I'll post pics after I get her cleaned up. She now has 1900 miles on the odometer.

Congratulations! Hopefully you'll have some good weather to enjoy your new vert.

08SGT0312 Is on it's way to North Dakota! Vista Blue Convertible, 24K miles. Dreams do come true. Thanks to all of you for your information, this is a great board!

Congrats to you both and enjoy those beautiful rides! :peelout:

I just bought CSM; 08SGT2093 which was previously registered from WA, now it resides in NC. It is a manual convertible.

Here's my 2008 Shelby GT , CSM 08SGT1321, and it has been autobahn tested for several years now!

7922_1116764602206_1319715372_30316476_8258243_n.jpg

I'm doing this from my iPad, so Ill do the form when I get home, but here is my "new" one:

2008 08sgt0572

Manual

Coupe

Sat radio

No HID's

No mods

Live in TN

Looks like I may have to change my screen name.

I was planning to buy a new Corvette to replace one recently sold...saw this blue thing and fell in love.

Did you ever see a 60s muscle car and say "I wish i had bought one of those whan it was new"...Didn't want to miss this one!! :happy feet:

Nice! i was planning on buying a 2014 Stingray corvette but fell in love with my GT 500, I think we are both much better off for going with our Shelby's!

Congrats on your choice - they are great and you will enjoy it - more months than us. Ours was a NC car originally too.

quote name='Shelbygtconv' timestamp='1367977924' post='1437503'

Bought our 2008 Shelby GT #1587 convertible manual on Halloween 2012! Absolutely love it and love showing it off topless. :)

Bought our 2008 Shelby GT #1587 convertible manual on Halloween 2012! Absolutely love it and love showing it off topless. :)

Did you buy it NC? I saw this add and remember it specifically because I have 08 SGT 1588. Congrats, glad to see the owner of the sister car on the site.

No bought it in dallas tx Got a hell of a deal to paid 20 k

Strange, I remember posting about that car. I'll look at my old posts and see when I found it. Maybe it was sold again or transferred at a dealer auction.

Here it is, the link isn’t valid anymore obviously but you can see it was sold in January of 2012 in NC. Now you have some history I guess.

http://www.teamshelb...sms-today-1587/

Edited by MyBlueHeaven

I had 1587 sold 02/12 in NC - it was for sale 01/12 in NC with 26,000 miles on it. 20 grand was a great deal.

I was about to by a boss when a man was about to trade it in dealer offered him 18k Trade in i offered 20 on the spot. He took it pissed off dealer bad lol

I was about to by a boss when a man was about to trade it in dealer offered him 18k Trade in i offered 20 on the spot. He took it pissed off dealer bad lol

Now that just isn't right... but I would have done the same thing! Dealers have no problem putting the screws to anybody that walks through their doors.

Does my heart good to see it work the other way.

08SGT1066 is for sale in Texarkana, TX

http://dallas.craigs...2989085964.html

This was mine. Could not ever sell it for what I wanted and ended up trading it in for not what I wanted either. I was ready to just part ways with it after the procharger head unit I had let go on me. Guess I could have just had the head unit rebuilt but I was in need of a truck. Found a great deal on a 08 f150 king ranch that I couldn't pass up, hence the trade in. Weird coming back on this site as it sure makes me miss the ol mule. Oh and if whoever bought 1066 ever reads this, I have the spare key still that I found after trade in. And it has 4.10 gears. GT500 dual fuel pumps. And used to be boosted lol. Lots of stories with that car from mile 1 to 40,xxx.

Before trade in: post-21854-0-36264300-1370916871_thumb.jpeg

post-21854-0-36264300-1370916871_thumb.jpeg

I see from this thread, Vista Blue is the fastest color! CSM#1454 came home with me at the beginning of this month. Bought it mainly because of the color, and it's a Shelby!

Edited by BluesGT

You did well my friend, keep her long and keep her nice and it will pay off in the long run! How many miles, where did you get her and are there any mods?

You did well my friend, keep her long and keep her nice and it will pay off in the long run! How many miles, where did you get her and are there any mods?

Only 2700 miles on the clock when I bought it. Can you imagine not driving such a nice machine. They are made for that, it's the thing with wheels and engines. Whoever had it previously, bought it, parked it, and looked at it I guess. I'm going to drive it! Found at a local central PA dealership, it got traded for a Dodge 2500 truck of all things. I was looking at the new 14 Mustang GT's when I saw it and fell.

It was Shelby stock when I bought it. I've added a few small items, Shelby lower billet grille ( to fill in the hole, and protect the cooling parts), sequential turn signals, laced leather 2 color steering wheel cover (blue and black), Shelby American license frame, and a pre-painted set of Eleanor style window vents (not installed yet). Power upgrades will be coming!

Edited by BluesGT

That is great mileage for you, only 2700 miles it's still brand new. If you found it at a local central PA dealership my guess is you paid about $24K for it? Am I close?

The Shelby lower billet grille is nice I have that as well. I also installed the PIAA running lights which finished off the lower grill piece very nicely. Sequential turn signals are musht good touch. I'm interested in the laced leather 2 color steering wheel cover (blue and black) where did you get that? Is it Shelby brand? When you can please post some pics of it I would like to see how it looks. The Shelby American license frame is a must have!! The 4.6 really responds well to the Whipple Supercharger. I installed one (550 HP version) on my other Mustang (05' Mustang GT) and it packs a very powerful punch with tons of torque.

Welcome to the Shelby gang!

That is great mileage for you, only 2700 miles it's still brand new. If you found it at a local central PA dealership my guess is you paid about $24K for it? Am I close?.........

I'm interested in the laced leather 2 color steering wheel cover (blue and black) where did you get that? Is it Shelby brand? When you can please post some pics of it I would like to see how it looks....

Thanks again for all the welcomes!

Actually paid less for it. Got a pretty good deal.

The wheel cover came from http://www.wheelskinscover.com/Ford-2008-Mustang-Wheelskins-2-Color-p/ford-ws2-mustang-044.htm.

I like the looks of it ... Came out looking just like the pictures on the website. I'll post up some pictures of mine soon.

Anyone know the total number of 08 Vista Blue GT's made? Just curious.