Flyingbadgers2001

I'm leaving the Middle East! Oh Yeah!

Well it has been long time since I saw the good old USA. In less than a week I shall be with my family, friends, and my dog (Pug - Ms. Magoo) and of course my SGT !!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

To all out in the Shelby community who have supported the troops and continue to support our guys and gals serving in the A.O.R., I say thank you! I arrived here in the Middle East back in June and had an opportunity to get home for about 25 days back in late August then redeployed back here in October. When I left gas was $3.75 a gallon for the good stuff. Now I can't wait to get home and pay $1.65!! :happy feet: Anyone know of any car shows or gatherings in the North Carolina area. I have some leave I can take until February, so I would be willing to drive to a ways to a show or gathering. Believe me; I want to drive my SGT until the cows come home. I need o make up for lost time. It sucks that I will miss another Birthday Bash in Vegas. Oh yeah! Its 12:30 AM, Jan. 11th here in Al Udeid. So HAPPY B-DAY CARROLL!!!

Well, I will see you guys soon.

-Flyingbadger

Best wishes on your safe return. It won't be long now. BTW, did you ever have a chance to visit Al Asad Airfield [Qadisiyah Airbase]? That's my daughters next stop.

WELCOME HOME AND THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!!! Craig :salute:

+1 :happy feet:

+1 :banvictory:

Drive & Enjoy your SGT !!!

:shift::peelout:

Lg :burnout:

Welcome home

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

:happy feet: :happy feet:

:happy feet:

Edited by twitch43

Well it has been long time since I saw the good old USA. In less than a week I shall be with my family, friends, and my dog (Pug - Ms. Magoo) and of course my SGT !!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

To all out in the Shelby community who have supported the troops and continue to support our guys and gals serving in the A.O.R., I say thank you! I arrived here in the Middle East back in June and had an opportunity to get home for about 25 days back in late August then redeployed back here in October. When I left gas was $3.75 a gallon for the good stuff. Now I can't wait to get home and pay $1.65!! :happy feet: Anyone know of any car shows or gatherings in the North Carolina area. I have some leave I can take until February, so I would be willing to drive to a ways to a show or gathering. Believe me; I want to drive my SGT until the cows come home. I need o make up for lost time. It sucks that I will miss another Birthday Bash in Vegas. Oh yeah! Its 12:30 AM, Jan. 11th here in Al Udeid. So HAPPY B-DAY CARROLL!!!

-Flyingbadger

Badger, glad to see you are rotating home earlier than expected. Stay in touch. Keep your mind on the mission until you are wheels up and finally home.

Good for you, thank you for serving. I remember when I was over that way during Desert Storm and they told me I was going home, I did not believe it until I landed in the US.

Welcome Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Flyingbadger

Thank you for your service! Enjoy your car when you get home. MY son leaves for boot camp in the Marines in 15 days.

WELCOME HOME! :D

Thank you so very much for your service to our GREAT COUNTRY. It is guys and gals just like you that make it safe for us to enjoy our cars. Drive that car safely when you get back.

God Bless You.

Welcome home. You and your brothers and sisters make it possible to live in a country where we can own and drive a great car like our SGTs. Thanks for your service :salute:

Be safe and :peelout:

Thanks for your service and dedication. Welcome home!

I have a nephew going into the Marines on February 9, 2009. We are all a little nervous, but are sure that his DI's will do their part to train him well and keep him safe.

Now...Go drive the wheels of that SGT.

Hey Gang!

Thanks for the great replies! Today I had flown my last mission into Iraq. :happy feet: All went well and there was no need to punch flares today.

It was a very short day. Just two stops, BIAP (Bagdad Int'l Airport) and Balad AB. When we got back from flying our sorties the crew and I toasted to a job well done. (Someone had the good stuff :happy feet: ) Tomorrow we will start out processing and start building pallets for our trip home. One of our guys who have been here before back in 2003, 2006 said that things have sure has gotten better down range.

It wasn't uncommon at all to be getting shot at from all kinds of weapons from all different directions from the ground. Now it is very quiet. SAFIRES are getting rare for us. The helo guys may see more action from the ground then we do now. It is a great effort by the Soldiers and Marines on the deck that is making the skies safer for us. My thanks to all those folks who have loved ones who are serving and who are about to serve. As for Al Asad AB, I've been there many times and always like how they run their operation on the ground. It is one of my favorite stops down range because they are very good in handling PAX and Cargo and it gets us in and out in great time. They are great at engine running on loading and offloading procedures. (ERO) Well again, thanks to you all here for your kind comments I do look forward to seeing you guys in the future at car shows, gatherings or on the road. Take care! -FB

:shift:

Welcome home and thank you for you service to our great nation. Safe travels.

When we got back from flying our sorties the crew and I toasted to a job well done. (Someone had the good stuff :happy feet: )

Someone always has the good stuff..."someone" left a bottle of Captain Morgan Private Stock behind a panel under my wall locker this tour :drool: Being the ever professional soldier, I turned it in immediately :hysterical: Welcome back to the land of plenty! :happy feet: