War Eagle

Dressing up the blower

I was talking with a couple of GT500 owners (2007 and 2009) this evening at a cruise in and one of them mentioned that he was thinking of having his supercharger chromed. The other guy said chrome holds heat but a better answer would be to have it ceramic coated the same color as the car.

I would like to dress up the engine a little bit when I get my car, do any of you know of any blowers that have been chromed or ceramic coated? What about the heat issue?

Steve

If you are interested in a good shine, polished would be the way to go. Also for a good chrome finish don't forget this adds weight, and yes will hold more heat. All your big drag racers run polished units. Good looks but no added weight.

If you are interested in a good shine, polished would be the way to go. Also for a good chrome finish don't forget this adds weight, and yes will hold more heat. All your big drag racers run polished units. Good looks but no added weight.

Actually, most pro drag racers dont run polished blowers. Might be small - but the rough case actually has a slightly larger surface area - and cools better.

Thanks for the response. I am thinking I may look in to the ceramic coating, it is used on exhaust components and does a good job of transferring the heat. I think it would look pretty nice Torch Red the same color as the car.

http://ceramiccoatings.wordpress.com/2008/...e-greatest-roi/

Steve

Edited by War Eagle

Actually, most pro drag racers dont run polished blowers. Might be small - but the rough case actually has a slightly larger surface area - and cools better.

Guess I should not say Big guys (my fault). :doh: Most of the local guys I have run with in the past use them. Both for Show and Go.

Roughness does help. The cylinders on my air cooled aircraft engine have a very rough finish on them.

Guess I should not say Big guys (my fault). :doh: Most of the local guys I have run with in the past use them. Both for Show and Go.

Hehehe - no problemo :) I wrenched on an AA/FC for a while when I was younger (LOTS younger) :)